Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelrydiva View Post
Little frustrated....I was supposed to meet with my coach today and now she says she has phone appointments all day & that I can have a phone appointment. How do you do measurements thru the phone? Maybe I'm missing something....I wouldn't think that would be how you start.

The next closest coach is 35 minutes in good traffic.....maybe I need to master this, be successful and help women in my area. This is not right!
Phone appointments? how can you weigh in like that? This is NOT right. Is she only at the clinic on certain days and time? can you contact her at anytime?....You would probably benefit driving the 35 minutes and helping others in your area. Doesn't sound like she is much of a people person that is for sure. YOU can DO THIS!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Hey IP experts...just a question...I'm reading Dr. Tran's book and on page 28 it says the protein diet is only recommended for 2-4 weeks...I figure he must have revised this with the IP protocol because I don't know anyone who was done in 2-4 weeks (I'm just getting started with weight loss in week 3...) Just curious if anyone knows why or what the current standard is.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #63  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Well,funally I'm back. I've been busy travelling for the Easter W/E and then right back to the 12 hr shifts and did 6 in a row. I'm off today and really getting my game on to be totally 100%. I note that I have been slipping off program . Yesterday I went to the clinic to get my food,but the coach didn't have time to weigh or measure me. I was disappointed,but even more determined to get back on track. I love coming here and get the motivation that you all offer in your posts. Keep up the great work everyone,and let's see less of ourselves!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #64  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody

Running out bright & early to Whole Foods to finally get some Rhubarb. I have checked every local store around me and noone has it so I am taking the 40 minute ride to get it.. I hope thay have it.

Have a great OP day
I love my rhubarb+raspberry jelly! While I sautee a whole frozen bag in a pan until it's soft, I prepare 3 coffee mugs of the jelly (microwave the water a mug at a time & mix my packets in assembly line style), by the time that's done I just split up my rhubarb between the 3 servings and put it in the fridge to set. I usually make 6 at a time, so it's always ready during my weekday snack.

It's pretty tart by itself and I used to add splenda to the rhubarb sautee, but you really don't need to add any sweetener when it's mixed with the jelly. I try to cut down on all the 'little extras' if I don't need them.

That rhubarb/WF strawberry sauce sounds AWESOME - I'll try that this weekend with my Crispy Cereal pancakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Some times even though I'm OP my weight loss slows or even reverses temporarily. I begin to wonder whether the amount of WF products and stevia I consume causes it? I'm not sure but, I don't think it is. Although, I've noticed that the more water I drink without additives like lemon, instant coffee, etc. the faster and more evenly weight comes off. I think weight loss ebbs and flows. If we make a change and the losses pick-up we think, that must've been it! Recently I stalled, then went up a few #'s and hovered there for 2 weeks even though I was OP. Suddenly I dropped 7 lbs over 4 days.
Speaking of cutting down on 'extras'...

My coach advised me to be VERY SUSPICIOUS about every single 'extra' 0/0/0 item I add to my food. Not saying to never use any - because they add TREMENDOUS flavor to meals and help make this "diet" anything but, she did advise me to try to limit my sweeteners to ~6/day and be mindful of each 'serving'.

The FDA allows for anything <5 calories to be listed as "zero". Example: Splenda actually has ~4calories and approximately 1 carb - so it's not an "absolute zero calorie sweetener".

She said that a lot of these products go to the absolute limits to be defined as 0cal and 0carb - but just assume that they have 0.9999999g carbs and 4.99999 cals each SERVING. The 'serving' part is key, since I've been known to really pour on the WF caramel sauce!

That being said, I definitely don't deprive myself of these awesome items, because they make meals go very far! Just saying, don't be surprised if you stall and realize that you use 30 packets of Splenda a day.

Last edited by LizRR; 04-19-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
It's funny that everyone is talking about Rhubarb because I made this last night and it was amazing...felt like I was cheating

Rhubarb Jello

Ingredients description
100 ml of water

500 ml of rhubarb

3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)

1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello

Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

Keep up the good work everyone!

ohhhh, I'm gonna try that! I've been trying to come up with ideas for home made jello and thought maybe rhubarb had a strong enough flavor to stand up to a jello. I don't even know what good nutrients are in it, but I figure the fiber is good for us. Thanks!!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12 View Post
Excellent news!!! I will buy only the unrestricted foods that I like for next week and see how it goes. Yes, I gave up on soups this week. I would rather just stay with the puddings and drinks that I love. Thank you for sharing..
If you enjoy having soup, try boiling your vegees and puree them with an immersion blender. Add spices to vary it up. You don't need the IP soups with it. Cauliflower and zuchini will puree up pretty nicely.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hey IP experts...just a question...I'm reading Dr. Tran's book and on page 28 it says the protein diet is only recommended for 2-4 weeks...I figure he must have revised this with the IP protocol because I don't know anyone who was done in 2-4 weeks (I'm just getting started with weight loss in week 3...) Just curious if anyone knows why or what the current standard is.
Hi, yep, I noticed a few differences to what we do. Dr. Tran wrote the basic 'protein diet' and IP is an extension of it. Also, his book is several years old. My coach said there is going to be an updated version to it shortly.

I was on Phase 1 for 14-15 months, so I definitely didn't fit his original criteria. IP changes their criteria frequently, to reflect new data or the variation in people's needs/experiences.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #68  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Oh, and I FINALLY made some kale chips this week - YUMMY! I tossed with a little WF Spicy BBQ Sauce and sprinkled with some fajita seasoning. They were the delicious, crunchy, salty snack I was looking for! I found that the 'whole kale bunches' turned out better for me than the bagged greens, since they were easier to dry off - which is a key step to avoid soggy chips!

And I think I have discovered my late night snacking trigger...my husband. I married a very tall, very fit man - but I need to remember that a 6'4" man needs to eat more than a 5'6" woman! I've noticed that I got an 'urge' to snack late after dinner, not because I was hungry - but just to 'join in' with him. He is my biggest supporter and loves the newest veggie dishes I've been experimenting with, but he's the one who is healthy at 225lb, not me!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #69  

Thanks to everybody for the rhubarb ideas - that's my new goal, to figure out how to use it.

When I lived in a bigger city, I remember the first time I went into a Whole Foods. Their produce is amazing. It costs more than the local market, but the freshness was so good that it lasted longer. I miss having one nearby now...
Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #70  

Height: 5'3"

I haven't started IP yet, but placed my first order to Nashua today! We (my mom and I are doing it together) are trying to decide when we should start. We originally wanted to officially start tomorrow, but we're going on a week long vacation next week. I'm nervous to start it on a vacation week, but at the same time, I'd really like to start already! I feel like I've been doing research for the past few weeks and trying different alternative products & veggies, but it makes me apprehensive. I eat pretty healthy already (celiac, am gluten free) and know I won't go crazy while I'm on vacation. Still debating on when to start though.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #71  

Height: 5'2

Good Morning.. well Good afternoon shortly!
So day 10 here. Not going too poorly. I don't like to talk about what I am doing at work, but finally it came out to some. They are always wondering why I don't touch the treats and such. Easy to explain, as I don't really crave sweets often, but then being offered some healthy fruit and nuts.... well I told some. It was only a few ladies, maybe enough to watch out for me lol.

Other than that, things are alright. I enjoyed the burger patty I made last night, with carb/sugar/fat free mustard! My fake stuffed mushrooms lol delish!

So far today, a delish chocolate shake.. I double the water ( it is all that will fit in my shaker) and pickles! lol I have great pickle breath for my grade one students. lol
Old 04-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #72  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Add me to those wanting to get on the rhubarb train! I bought a packet of IP maple oatmeal just so I could use it when I find fresh rhubarb in the stores... Supposed to be the season for it soon here.

Having a good OP week so far. Hope everyone else is also!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #73  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Now I'm craving rhubarb! I had a good weigh-in today...down another 4.4 lbs.

Next week should see me hit the FIFTY POUNDS lost goal!!! YAY!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I haven't started IP yet, but placed my first order to Nashua today! We (my mom and I are doing it together) are trying to decide when we should start. We originally wanted to officially start tomorrow, but we're going on a week long vacation next week. I'm nervous to start it on a vacation week, but at the same time, I'd really like to start already! I feel like I've been doing research for the past few weeks and trying different alternative products & veggies, but it makes me apprehensive. I eat pretty healthy already (celiac, am gluten free) and know I won't go crazy while I'm on vacation. Still debating on when to start though.
You could begin getting yourself ready by drinking water instead of soft drinks and not having any obvious carbs like bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc.

Last edited by Andie0606; 04-19-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
You could begin getting yourself ready by drinking water instead of soft drinks and not having any obvious carbs like bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc.
Yeah, I've been trying to do that. I have at least 70oz of water a day now, cut my coffee to a cup a day, don't drink soft drinks anyway, and most carbs I can't really have. We've been doing it halfway, I guess, to get us ready for it. When I start IP (alternative), I want it to be all or nothing, if that makes sense, and the vacation makes me nervous for that.
Closed Thread