Old 09-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Back from Vegas - Had a great time, - up 1.5 lbs, I'm sure it's mostly fluid from sitting in airport/plane all day yesterday. Ready to get back into the groove!
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I am struggling tonight. Still waiting for dinner and because I am not at the gym, but starving I ate a few of my sons onion rings. Sigh.

My cat woman costume came today and fits great. A few more pound have to be gone by the end of oct! That will only make it look better!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #483  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hope you guys had a good day. I am looking forward to getting my IP shipment and getting this reboot started. I feel mentally ready to do this where before I didn't. I half heartedly made different attempts, but I wasn't really into it. And before it became 5# over goal, it didn't concern me all that much.

Now I feel like if I don't reign it in now, it will become out of control. Plus one of my favorite pairs of jeans are TIGHT! I am muffin-topping out of them, and that is just not good. And I feel "fluffy" in only the way carbs can make you feel. Even though I work out 5-6x a week, I just don't feel as tight.

My plan is to at least get down to goal and then re-evaluate and see if I want to get below goal and shoot for 125. I have a stretch of about 7-8 weeks to work with. I may give myself 6 weeks at P1 and then start phasing out again, so long as I am at LEAST at 135 or below. My main goal though and main focus right now is getting back to goal and feeling comfortable in my jeans again.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jennydoodle,

i think of you often, hope all is well with you. Great to see you on the boards again.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #485  

Thanks Bella! My schedule finally feels under control and I am definitely adjusting to this change in my life. Between summer fun and adjusting to my new job, stress, longer hours, etc... I am up 5# over my goal and I do not want to let it get to more than that. It is great to see you too!

Hope everyone who is rebooting has a great OP day and is ready for the challenge of the weekend. I know when I was on P1, the weekends were always the most trying and I am not looking forward to it going into my reboot.

BTW- I thought I had read before that egg whites are now free? Can anyone confirm that? Or are you limited to like 1-2 per day? Or am I completely losing it?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #486  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hello everyone, I did my reboot and am now only 4 pounds over. I did 9 days of P1 at 100% then two days at P2 and three at P3...The timing of my reboot was horrible because I had a planned event (Large Fair) and had all intentions of enjoying the food there (which I did).

How many times can we reboot without causing health problems? I ask because my coach always told me I could only reboot once a year. I don't mind doing it more often as going into P1 is quite easy...(at least it was during my last (and first) reboot).

Thanks ladies!
Maggie
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #487  

It appears that some coaches are open to ehh whites celery and cucumber as free. I think the egg whites are ok-no carbs, just added protein...but I would be careful of the extra veggies.

Try the potato roll. They turn out like savory buns. Yum......
Old 09-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Good morning everyone! Feeling very energized this morning and I'm 100% positive that I'm in ketosis (I have that metal taste in my mouth). I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm down 2 lbs, I would have liked to have seen more, but 2 is better than none!

Have a great day!
MelissaM39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #489  

I see no reason why there would be a limit in rebooting. I eat phase 1 weekdays and then have extras on the weekend. It is similar to the cyclical ketogenic diet, but I don't focus as much on the carb up....
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #490  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
It appears that some coaches are open to ehh whites celery and cucumber as free. I think the egg whites are ok-no carbs, just added protein...but I would be careful of the extra veggies.

Try the potato roll. They turn out like savory buns. Yum......
Thanks! I knew my coach was never too concerned about having extra egg whites, especially since I was making pudding cakes almost daily. But I wanted to be sure because I am thinking that I will probably have an egg white or 2 with my breakfast, but might need one during the day if I am having a rough moment or 2.

I fully intend to stick to the 4 cup limit on veggies. I too feel like the extra protein is fine (especially since we are both avid exercisers) but don't feel comfortable with the celery and cukes being unlimited.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #491  

Hello! Hope you are all having a good weekend and staying OP. My shipment arrived today (hooray!) so I am all set for my reboot on Monday. I might be kicking myself later for saying this, but I am actually kind of excited to get it going. If we didn't have a huge tailgate party planned for tomorrow for a football game, I would have started it right away! But we have had this party in the works for quite a while now and I want to go and enjoy. So alas, Monday it is.

Have a great weekend and I am sure I will be back on soon, especially once I start! Plus I will probably be needing lots of encouragement next weekend. It has truly been a long time since I have had to be strict over the weekend.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hello! Hope you are all having a good weekend and staying OP. My shipment arrived today (hooray!) so I am all set for my reboot on Monday. I might be kicking myself later for saying this, but I am actually kind of excited to get it going. If we didn't have a huge tailgate party planned for tomorrow for a football game, I would have started it right away! But we have had this party in the works for quite a while now and I want to go and enjoy. So alas, Monday it is.

Have a great weekend and I am sure I will be back on soon, especially once I start! Plus I will probably be needing lots of encouragement next weekend. It has truly been a long time since I have had to be strict over the weekend.
You've done great so far and will continue to do so!!! Have fun at your party and we'll hear from you after the weekend!

I understand the excitement of doing the reboot. When I did my last one (and first) I felt so empowered. I liked being in control again. After my 40th in October I will likely do another one...or maybe I'll wait until after the new year...or maybe I'll do one each time!

New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #493  

Thanks NE! I have been in maintenance for almost a year and have managed quite well. The summer was a time of freedom and fun, and now it is time to pay the piper. I don't mind though, because a couple pairs of pants are getting tight and I have no more wigge room. Plus, I got rid of ALL my bigger clothes so I have no other option. I absolutely will NOT buy a bigger size, so it is time to take back control and get those pants feeling good again.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #494  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Back from Vegas - Had a great time, - up 1.5 lbs, I'm sure it's mostly fluid from sitting in airport/plane all day yesterday. Ready to get back into the groove!

I went to Vegas in July for 12 days...came home up 11 pounds...that is what I am working on losing right now...keep them on all summer plus another 5-6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I am struggling tonight. Still waiting for dinner and because I am not at the gym, but starving I ate a few of my sons onion rings. Sigh.

My cat woman costume came today and fits great. A few more pound have to be gone by the end of oct! That will only make it look better!
Awesome about the costume...I will look for one at the last minute so I can get back to my goal weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi Jennydoodle,

i think of you often, hope all is well with you. Great to see you on the boards again.

How are you doing? maintaining? re-booting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hello everyone, I did my reboot and am now only 4 pounds over. I did 9 days of P1 at 100% then two days at P2 and three at P3...The timing of my reboot was horrible because I had a planned event (Large Fair) and had all intentions of enjoying the food there (which I did).

How many times can we reboot without causing health problems? I ask because my coach always told me I could only reboot once a year. I don't mind doing it more often as going into P1 is quite easy...(at least it was during my last (and first) reboot).

Thanks ladies!
Maggie

I have been in maintenance for 16 months....Went into maintenance of May of 2011...rebooting for first time SEptember of 2011 (2 weeks), then in January of 2012 for 2 weeks, then April and May of 2012 for 8 weeks off and on with small cheats, now I am doing my longest straight reboot hoping to stay in ketosis for 6 straight weeks.

After this I plan to reboot every single time I am one pound above goal until I am at goal...I travel alot so this will be several times a year (I travel for 8-10 days at Christmas and then again in February and then in April and then in July)
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #495  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

hey everyone... I fell off the wagon the last few days... so hard to stay 100% OP when the scale isn't moving an ounce. I *know* it's because I'm exercising like mad but it still is discouraging none the less.

back on the wagon tomorrow.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote