Old 09-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Darbs
I am with you. No scale movement, but extremely similar diet.
I rebooted in January and also really saw no scale change in weeks 2-4. I was very discouraged, but suddenly everything came together that fourth week and the scale started dropping. By 6 weeks I was down the 13 I gained and very lean.

Stick with it. I'm going to!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #467  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Darbs
I am with you. No scale movement, but extremely similar diet.
I rebooted in January and also really saw no scale change in weeks 2-4. I was very discouraged, but suddenly everything came together that fourth week and the scale started dropping. By 6 weeks I was down the 13 I gained and very lean.

Stick with it. I'm going to!
I needed to hear that...thanks. I will go until mid-October no matter what. I might have some extra no carb (low carb) calories this weekend...doing a big mountain hike with my environmental club students
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #468  

Definitely brin some extras-bars are always good and portable!
I occasionally have some almonds to account for heavy (2 hours) exercise days.

Weight loss is a confusing process!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #469  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

the scale isn't moving for me either... in fact, it went up 1 lb this morning but my period also arrived so that's what I think caused it.

my clothes are fitting looser and I feel really good... I'm back into my work out routine so maybe my muscles are holding on to water right now as they are building up again. who friggin' knows. I just about caved yesterday and had chinese food! :/
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #470  

Mom3...I know how you feel. Stop weighing!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #471  

Quote:
Definitely brin some extras-bars are always good and portable!
I occasionally have some almonds to account for heavy (2 hours) exercise days.

Weight loss is a confusing process!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
the scale isn't moving for me either... in fact, it went up 1 lb this morning but my period also arrived so that's what I think caused it.

my clothes are fitting looser and I feel really good... I'm back into my work out routine so maybe my muscles are holding on to water right now as they are building up again. who friggin' knows. I just about caved yesterday and had chinese food! :/
I ate a little off protocol...I was so bummed about the darn scale...so I ate a tbsp of peanut butter and put blue cheese crumbles on my chicken. Just did my calories on myfitnesspal and I was 1147. (I still weighed and measured all day today).
Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hey girls!
Sorry I have been away for SOOOOO long, but things got really crazy for me for a while. I started a new job, which has been going great, but it is very busy and quite stressful. This is a huge change for me, and certainly not like any other job I have had.

It has really taken me quite awhile to adjust (longer hours, etc...) and for a long time I really felt like my life was turned upside down. I feel like I am finally finding my footing now and have developed a new routine that seems to be working for me.

During all this time, a few pounds have found their way back to me, so I am looking to lose them (again!). It is not much, but I don't want 5 to become 10 to become 15. You get the picture. I am up 4# from my goal, but 7# from my happy place. So I just ordered a whole bunch of IP food from theproteinstore and will start my reboot as soon as it arrives. Which will hopefully be before Monday.

Maybe it is just me, but does it seem like to you guys that even though the alternatives are good, they just don't seem to work quite as well as IP? I have tried a few times now to do a modified P1 and with alternatives, but it doesn't really seem to take. Which is why I bit the bullet and ordered straight up IP products and am going to really do P1. No more "modified" Ha! I guess that could be the problem too, but I feel more "hard core" with IP products and knowing that I shelled out the cash, might help me stay on course.

This week I have been sort of back on the wagon following the first phase of the CSP plan. At least to reign it in a bit before my IP arrives.

Sorry I just jumped to the last page, but I hope you guys are all doing well. Now that I have my schedule working for me, I am going to try to get on here more, especially once I officially start my reboot.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #473  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hey girls!
Sorry I have been away for SOOOOO long, but things got really crazy for me for a while. I started a new job, which has been going great, but it is very busy and quite stressful. This is a huge change for me, and certainly not like any other job I have had.

It has really taken me quite awhile to adjust (longer hours, etc...) and for a long time I really felt like my life was turned upside down. I feel like I am finally finding my footing now and have developed a new routine that seems to be working for me.

During all this time, a few pounds have found their way back to me, so I am looking to lose them (again!). It is not much, but I don't want 5 to become 10 to become 15. You get the picture. I am up 4# from my goal, but 7# from my happy place. So I just ordered a whole bunch of IP food from theproteinstore and will start my reboot as soon as it arrives. Which will hopefully be before Monday.

Maybe it is just me, but does it seem like to you guys that even though the alternatives are good, they just don't seem to work quite as well as IP? I have tried a few times now to do a modified P1 and with alternatives, but it doesn't really seem to take. Which is why I bit the bullet and ordered straight up IP products and am going to really do P1. No more "modified" Ha! I guess that could be the problem too, but I feel more "hard core" with IP products and knowing that I shelled out the cash, might help me stay on course.

This week I have been sort of back on the wagon following the first phase of the CSP plan. At least to reign it in a bit before my IP arrives.

Sorry I just jumped to the last page, but I hope you guys are all doing well. Now that I have my schedule working for me, I am going to try to get on here more, especially once I officially start my reboot.
Welcome back and congrats on the new job. I didn't know there was anywhere to order IP products on line...I will check it out. I have had 17 perfect 100% days and I have really not lost a thing since the first couple days. I am up the most I have been in my journey...this is going on the end of month 16 in maintenance. I am up 10 pounds from my starting summer weight, but I was up about 5 from my happy place when summer started...so 15 pounds....so ashamed.....of course I am still down 60 so I try to reflect on that. I am going to that website now.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #474  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Thanks! The actual website is buyproteinfood, I did a good search for the protein store because that is what the old website was and got redirected to buyproteinfood.

Same prices, but at least you don't have to go anywhere.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #475  

Darbs. I didn't even get on the scale today (yay). I am supposed to go weigh in, but I don't think I can handle a bad number and remain on track, so I have scheduled a weigh in for next Thursday and will wait for the low carb/calories to kick in.

I continue to shrink in size. That is what make the weight number annoying!

I was hoping to be back at goal for September 29 as we ar attending a fancy event (tickets were $200 each) and I want to sample the food without too much guilt. It doesn't look like that will be the case, but my dh has agreed to October is complete ip compliant month (he is away on a men's golf trip this weekend where I am sure the booze and food will not be ip)!!!

I bought a cat woman costume for Halloween and the fear of wearin that in public should keep me honest
Old 09-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #476  

Quote:
Darbs. I didn't even get on the scale today (yay). I am supposed to go weigh in, but I don't think I can handle a bad number and remain on track, so I have scheduled a weigh in for next Thursday and will wait for the low carb/calories to kick in.

I continue to shrink in size. That is what make the weight number annoying!

I was hoping to be back at goal for September 29 as we ar attending a fancy event (tickets were $200 each) and I want to sample the food without too much guilt. It doesn't look like that will be the case, but my dh has agreed to October is complete ip compliant month (he is away on a men's golf trip this weekend where I am sure the booze and food will not be ip)!!!

I bought a cat woman costume for Halloween and the fear of wearin that in public should keep me honest
Bummer about the event....I hope you can enjoy it...another week to go.

I too want to get a great Halloween costume and look great in it....so I want to be down 15 by October 19th and then phase off. I hope this happens. I wonder if it is the alterntives I am using?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #477  

I don't think so. I think it just takes time to lose. It's never as fast as the first time, but It will happen. Stick to what you are doing. Changing too many things just makes it all confusing. Here is my usual day...

B-crispy cereal (I am addicted to this suddenly)

L-salad with 1 cup cucumber and 1 tbsp newmans own oil and vinegar
Ip chicken soup with mashed cauliflower with added curry spices

S-simply bar assorted flavours
Sometimes 2 hb eggs if I am hungry. I have been trying to add this to keep my protein up

Work out -60 minutes, usually some sort of circuit/bootcamp cardio weights mix. I try to use heavier weights.

D-8 oz of steak, chicken, pork chops...we do eat a lot of steak while its nice enough to BBQ
1 cup asparagus (steamed) 1 cup grilled Zuchinni

Sometimes I add a whey protein shake or a ip snack in the evening if I don't have the eggs. If I am starving I will eat a cheese string or some nuts, but This usually occurs on the weekend when I am less routine.

I know it will eventually show on the scale.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #478  

Quote:
I don't think so. I think it just takes time to lose. It's never as fast as the first time, but It will happen. Stick to what you are doing. Changing too many things just makes it all confusing. Here is my usual day...

B-crispy cereal (I am addicted to this suddenly)

L-salad with 1 cup cucumber and 1 tbsp newmans own oil and vinegar
Ip chicken soup with mashed cauliflower with added curry spices

S-simply bar assorted flavours
Sometimes 2 hb eggs if I am hungry. I have been trying to add this to keep my protein up

Work out -60 minutes, usually some sort of circuit/bootcamp cardio weights mix. I try to use heavier weights.

D-8 oz of steak, chicken, pork chops...we do eat a lot of steak while its nice enough to BBQ
1 cup asparagus (steamed) 1 cup grilled Zuchinni

Sometimes I add a whey protein shake or a ip snack in the evening if I don't have the eggs. If I am starving I will eat a cheese string or some nuts, but This usually occurs on the weekend when I am less routine.

I know it will eventually show on the scale.
We are eating similar, except I don't have the extra snacks (except a hard boiled egg on busier days)....you workout harder than me...I just take walks and do light weights.

I am refocused today...no quitting...going to give it two more weeks. Great to have someone to reboot with.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #479  
JulieT68

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'6' 1/2

Hi everyone! I have also noticed the alternatives are not as good as the real ideal food, also but it is so expensive, so I am mixing it in as I try and get the last 5 pounds off that I am up, and I am 7 away from my happy place!

Just another day eating op!
JulieT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Hello everyone! Less than a week in and I'm feeling pretty good! I haven't had the nerve to step on the scale yet (TOM arrived yesterday) as I'm afraid that I may not be any lighter! My official weigh in is on Saturday and I don't really know what to expect, did everyone lose big numbers after their first week rebooting?

Have a great day!
MelissaM39 is offline   Reply With Quote