Old 06-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #196  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
LOL sorry not funny but did you read my post above from last week. I felt the same way, barely could eat by lunchtime and had breakfast at 6.

I actually went up 3 lbs in the first 3 days but then it went back down and lost all 3 lbs by the end of the week. I'm finishing my 2nd week of phase 3 and this week the scale went down a TINY bit (like 0.4) and now my stomach starts growling around 11 so we do get used to it.

Still loving my big breakfast!
Thanks Busymom. I just finished reading your post from a few weeks back - guess I should have done that prior to posting

Did you take the enzymes and/or probiotics at all?
cherry30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry30 View Post
Thanks Busymom. I just finished reading your post from a few weeks back - guess I should have done that prior to posting

Did you take the enzymes and/or probiotics at all?
No, i don't. I already take a lot of stuff to help with the big C so didn't want to add anything. I am quite "gassy" so maybe i should, lol.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #198  

Hey all,

another question, I just read through the entire thread and saw that some people were counting their greek yogurt as protein. I know greek yogurt contains protein, but my coach told me that any type of yogurt is specifically dairy and eggs, meats, etc.. are what you count as protein.

How is everyone counting things??

Thanks
Old 06-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Just started P3 and my coaches said as long as Greek yogurt was high in protein count it as protein.
Zartas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Going into panic mode!! I just realized that three times last week (my first week of phase 3) I had probably 5-7 extra carbs of fruit!

I didn't think to factor in the fact that the greek yogurt I was eating had a raspberry puree, so I was eating 15 carbs of frozen fruit on top of it. I just did the math, and it looks like the puree is about 12 carbs.... EEEEK!

Anyone know how badly this is going to effect me? I'm really concerned about screwing up the "awaking" process and wrecking havoc on my pancreas.
sneuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #201  

Dont panic, I know being on phase 3 stresses you out.. you almost feel like youre cheating but you arent!

As for the fruit mixed yogurts...especially with the fruit at the bottom, be very careful; lots of added sugars go into that.

You cant change what youve been doing but from here on just get your regular yogurt and add your own fruits, even try heating them up in a pan before mixing them so you get that "syrupy" texture you usually get with your yogurt that comes pre mixed with fruit. Only healthier.

Everyone has a different body and everyone responds differently.

Personally, I count greek yogurt specifically as dairy, no protein, and I was VERY concerned I was ruining everything but turns out, I even went down the first week! Just follow the instructions YOUR coach gave to you personally, because everyone is different!

Also, to clarify, you had 15 carbs fruit plus the 12 carbs? So a total of 27 carbs for fruit. 7 grams more than what is the max, depending on what you chose as your grains, who knows, but if they were way less than 30g maybe you'll even out??
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Started Phase 3 today!

Hi, I am new to this forum and am so happy to find information on phase 3! I started IP Jan 1st and have lost 82 lbs as of last week. I am very excited to be going into phase 3 but very nervous and it is nice to see I am not the only one! Thanks so much to all of you who have posted some different breakfast ideas. I felt like I was in heaven this morning eating such a large breakfast, but it took quite awhile to make sure I was getting everything the sheet says I should have. I feel like I am in such uncharted territory for me, calculating carbs and have been very afraid of going over. I know that this is a lifestyle change and it will take some time to get use to,but I love the way I feel and can't imagine going back to the old lifestyle. Thanks again for all of the confirming posts and I will definitely be coming back for the continued support!!
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #203  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

If anyone has a spreadsheet already created that they use for Phase 3 breakfasts, I'd love to have it emailed to me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Shawna
redmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 155/139/130ish

Height: 5.5

I have my weigh in very shortly and will be starting phrase 3, my concern is what do you do for snacks?
Do I need to buy food I.P foods today?
Is my coach expecting me to, I do use alternatives but I dont want to be over doing it with snacks....
Lian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 155/139/130ish

Height: 5.5

So happy, 3 pounds down making my weight loss just under 20 pounds starting phrase 3 2moro.....................
Lian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lian View Post
So happy, 3 pounds down making my weight loss just under 20 pounds starting phrase 3 2moro.....................
Congrats to you!! I just get 1 box a week now in phase 3. I usually just get a variety of things and have them for snack, sometimes restricted, sometimes not.
Zartas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #207  

Default help with phase three

I am avoiding starting three becuse i hate bread and oatmeal. what other suggestions did your coach have.
Reddragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #208  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

You guys are doing fine. There is a little more flexibility in P3 than you think. If you don't want to get up to 500 calories, you don't have to. If you only want to eat one or two things, you can. Many count Greek yogurt as both dairy and protein. I did not want to make eggs or turkey bacon in the morning. Greek yogurt and berries is still my main breakfast. Yum.

This is a good time to see how you react to certain foods and to see if you have sensitives.

Many enjoy the P3 breakfast and continue on with it. It can also be a stressful time because it is such a radical departure from how we have been eating for months. But, it sets the groundwork for going into maintenance where you will be adding back even more carbs, if you choose.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannerapp View Post
I am avoiding starting three becuse i hate bread and oatmeal. what other suggestions did your coach have.
Tortillas? You could make a breakfast burrito of sorts.
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

I'm on Day 2 of Phase 3 and the grains are bringing my fibromyalgia back. Has anyone gone through Phase 3 without grains, getting their carbs from another source?
(I'm on alternatives so you all are my coach!)
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote