Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post

Can you tell me what you're looking at? I use many of those products and have been able to find lots of choices, in fact sometimes I have trouble limiting my order.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am also not sold on the "no fructose" rule that some have mentioned. When I looked there was still one IP product with fructose (although I think the nutrition information on this site is dated), but even if that's not available anymore products still list fruits as ingredients in some products which would contain fructose. There are also different sugars and corn syrup in the IP products, so I figure fructose can't be any worse.

However; if anyone knows why fructose would be a no no I would love to hear it. I asked in the alternative thread and didn't get an answer but not as many people read that.

Well all of the "juice" drinks I was going to order on Proti-thin all have aspartame....so do the puddings (which is what I was looking into)

Then protiDiet all the juice drinks too! LOL That is what I was really looking forward to getting was the juices or puddings. Oh well.

and then both of the thin & diet's a lot have fructose (which I guess is a mixed opinion on if we should have it or not lol)
Old 01-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

So... I have tried the chili, jelly, soy patty, and the milk and dark chocolate puddings. I liked all of it!! The dark chocolate pudding tasted like cake batter...yum! The chili tasted real. I'm satisfied with the food...except the pink lemonade drink... Kinda left a film on my tongue. I think I threw myself out of ketosis accidentally. I was using Crystal Light lemonade which has 3g carbs per 1/2 packet... I had 2 packets. Arg... But I'm hoping I have a good loss this week.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CysterLeanne View Post
Well all of the "juice" drinks I was going to order on Proti-thin all have aspartame....so do the puddings (which is what I was looking into)

Then protiDiet all the juice drinks too! LOL That is what I was really looking forward to getting was the juices or puddings. Oh well.

and then both of the thin & diet's a lot have fructose (which I guess is a mixed opinion on if we should have it or not lol)
Aw bummer!! I have to admit I was not a huge fan of the IP puddings so I haven't even looked at them. I have noticed that some of the fruity drinks do, but those never filled me up as much as the hot ones. The Proti-Thin Cappuccino is really good, I have that every morning for breakfast. This time I also ordered the chocolate so I will let you know when it comes Wednesday how that is. Have you checked out the alternatives thread? Most of those people have been on alternatives much longer than I have so they have more of a selection. I have posted the ones I ordered last time on there too so that might give you some ideas.

Oh and the Cranberry Fusion drink has Splenda so that might be a good choice if that one appeals to you.

Last edited by NavyMommy; 01-14-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:

Where does it say that the juice drinks for proidiet contain aspartame? I was going to order some... I just want to know what to look for?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Where does it say that the juice drinks for proidiet contain aspartame? I was going to order some... I just want to know what to look for?
If you click on the product it goes to the "ingredient page" and it's actually listed in the ingredients towards the bottom :/ Hope this helps
Old 01-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Aw bummer!! I have to admit I was not a huge fan of the IP puddings so I haven't even looked at them. I have noticed that some of the fruity drinks do, but those never filled me up as much as the hot ones. The Proti-Thin Cappuccino is really good, I have that every morning for breakfast. This time I also ordered the chocolate so I will let you know when it comes Wednesday how that is. Have you checked out the alternatives thread? Most of those people have been on alternatives much longer than I have so they have more of a selection. I have posted the ones I ordered last time on there too so that might give you some ideas.

Oh and the Cranberry Fusion drink has Splenda so that might be a good choice if that one appeals to you.
Yeah I looked at most of the alternative thread (it's HUGE LOL) and I am going to be using the Pure protein jello, Atkins day break bars (there are a couple that are within the limits) and then EAS Whey protein powder for the drinks.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

I had the chili over turnip fries today and it was fantastic! We're trying miracle noodles for dinner.

My pants are falling off! I only have two or three pair so having to keep pulling them up gets annoying x.x I'm not sure if it's because I've lost weight or if it's because the pants were too big already.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #83  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi. Could you please give us a reference or two concerning this? I'd really appreciate it. And maybe I should also ask if you mean putting too much calcium together in the package with magnesium and potassium? In other words, is it all right to combine Ma and K, but not Ma, K, and calcium? I've searched but can't find any information.
My coach couldn't give me an exact reason but said to avoid it because they cancel each other out. Perhaps taking one with the other makes it harder for your body to absorb everything. I'm on the IP Natura supplements not store bought ones if that makes a difference.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #84  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

Quote:
OK and probably good, in my book, especially in the winter. Vitamin C is also about the only vitamin you can not take too much of according to what I've read. If someone else knows something else, please post. But I think I'm pretty sound on this.
That's the same as with most supplements in that if you take more than your body will use you're just peeing it out. So if you overdo it you're just wasting money.

*edit according to this site you can OD on Vit C

http://thevitaminsource.net/can-you-...-on-vitamin-c/

Last edited by PBNJENNISANDWICH; 01-14-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #85  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
There is pure protein jello from netrition Here is the link

http://www6.netrition.com/worldwide_...n_gelatin.html
Hey. Where are the ESSENTIAL amino acids? And other nutrients? Protein and carbohydrates are only two of the considerations here if health is the objective. This product is not a substitute for anything, in my estimation.

PLEASE. If you're committed to this program, read, do your research, think about how your body responds,

If you're doing alternatives, do MORE research. This is NOT a difficult program, as so many people say. What is difficult is commitment.

It is, however, a COMPLEX program. If you're using IP products and you follow the sheets you're given you will probably do well, especially with the guidance of a really competent and knowledgeable coach, one who has also done a considerable amount of research and has a good sense for nuances among different clients.

Otherwise you are truly on your own. So get to know the nuances. PLEASE.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #86  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
That's the same as with most supplements in that if you take more than your body will use you're just peeing it out. So if you overdo it you're just wasting money.

*edit according to this site you can OD on Vit C

http://thevitaminsource.net/can-you-...-on-vitamin-c/
Well, OK, it says if you take 2000 mg that MAY be an overdose. Since 80 mg is 100% of the daily requirement, and it's unlikely most, even many, people would take 10 times that much, I'm not worried. Are you?
Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #87  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
My coach couldn't give me an exact reason but said to avoid it because they cancel each other out. Perhaps taking one with the other makes it harder for your body to absorb everything. I'm on the IP Natura supplements not store bought ones if that makes a difference.
I'm not challenging either you or your coach. I just really want to know. Could you please ask? The part about Ma and K cancelling each other versus Ma plus K being cancelled when one includes calcium is the essential point.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #88  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

Quote:
Well, OK, it says if you take 2000 mg that MAY be an overdose. Since 80 mg is 100% of the daily requirement, and it's unlikely most, even many, people would take 10 times that much, I'm not worried. Are you?
I'm not worried for me because I know that the daily dosage is plenty. But for someone out there that might think, "if it's good to take Vitamin C then it must be better to take a lot of Vitamin C" it's better to say that if you take too much it could be harmful. And those that may take an "extra" thinking that it will help them not knowing that their body may simply not absorb it and they will eliminate it in their urine. It may save them some money to know they shouldn't double up, because it isn't really helping them.

I did some looking around for info on the absorption thing and couldn't really find anything except about Calcium and Iron. Oh well, I'll still keep them separate and maybe ask my doctor.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 231/180/150

Height: 5/6

Default Proud

I went to a kiddie party today and passed on the pizza and cake. I didn't care but a friend noticed my willpower and that made me feel good.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 231/180/150

Height: 5/6

Thanks for the recipes
Closed Thread