Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

My first weekend alone left to my own devices...wish me luck!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceym View Post
Good morning all ! I have a question, I forgot my vitamins at dinner. Should I have had them with my evening vitamins, or skipped them altogether ?
I am headed to my first weekend OP and I don't thi k I will be tempted to cheat, but I am afraid I may forget my vitamins & water.
Honestly when I forget to take them at the right time (which is more often than I should admit) I just take them all together. It's not always easy and sometimes my stomach revolts a bit but better than nothing IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FineChick View Post
Week 2 weigh in lost 4.6lbs.
WTG!!! And you're right, your tastebuds do totally change, it's amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Kind of late to post...my first weigh in was Wednesday...down 8.4 pounds!!! I'm finding that I really have a hard time with the soups so decided I would much prefer just a beverage and salad with veggies for lunch instead I made a chai tea "latte" yesterday using a recipe I found here and it was DELICIOUS! So good I felt guilty! LOL
Congrats!!! Now I need to go look up that recipe, sounds delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak21629 View Post
Im on day 2 and I hope I didn't just mess up I had the omelette and rtd chocolate drink for breakfast. Is it OK to have 2 IP products for one meal? I didn't even realize it till it was too late. Thank you for any input
You're actually allowed to have up to 5 a day if you really feel like you need an extra one (most people who exercise have one), so you didn't really mess up. I wouldn't make it a habit, but it's done and no biggie. GL on your first week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Today is day # 10 for me,and I'm doing really well. No desire to cheat Reading everyone's comments and encouragements makes me more determined to stay OP............My 1st weight was 7 lbs down and many inches,I didn't add them up,but will the next WI on Monday. ShanCo can you post your chai tea latte for me. ? Thanks everyone for just being an awesome group of people
WTG!! That's an awesome WI! And Welcome!! There is almost always someone here if you have questions or just need support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi everyone, Not only did I dream about cheating last night, I also dreamed about feeling guilty over it and telling my husband all about my dream...SO when I told him this morning about my cheat dream I kept asking him "Are you sure I didn't tell you this already?"...so odd!!!
That is so funny!! My cheating dreams actually freak me out a bit because they're so vivid. I've only had one though since my restart, probably because of the lack of sleep my 3 year old is allowing me at the moment.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #18  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning IPeeps! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with great WIs. Let's all stay strong and OP
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

I am SO SO excited this morning!! I was kind of losing some steam because my reward for reaching goal has always been a photo shoot. I was way bummed because I thought I was going to have to do it in the beginning of April because that's when the photographer I want is going to be in town, but I just saw she opened up some dates for the end of May I will totally be at goal then, and now I don't have to stress so much.

So I have to say I have stumbled across an awesome recipe that totally satisfies the need for a crunchy veggie. Totally inspired by Wuv's zucchini apple recipe. It would be really good with a soup or as a dessert depending on how you made it (sweet / savory).

Zucchini "Apple" Chips

Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).

I have measured my small zucchini's before and they're just about 1 cup so this went perfect with my 1 cup of bell pepper. Yum!!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 198/180.1/145

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

I just started this program this morning. Breakfast was a wildberry yogurt drink. I was impressed with how tasty it was!

This is also my first post here, but I have been lurking and taking in all the good advice.

Glad I found this site, and please - wish me luck!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Navymom, I am going to try these zucchini chips tonight! you have creative recipes Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by mrsmurphy; 01-14-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaleer View Post
Good morning!

I just started this program this morning. Breakfast was a wildberry yogurt drink. I was impressed with how tasty it was!

This is also my first post here, but I have been lurking and taking in all the good advice.

Glad I found this site, and please - wish me luck!

Day 7 for me. Love the wildberry yogurt! Tried the cappucino this morning, pretty good also. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll do great!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Had my 9th WI - lost 6.6 and I officially passed 20 lbs lost! About a pound is from a change of clothing worn to WI but I wanted the clinic and home scale to be closer.

My coach said they now want people to stay on Phase 1 for 100% - has anyone else heard this yet??
Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 175/142.6/138

Height: 5'5

Has anyone else's coach been pushing the new cleanse? My coach really wanted me to start one next week, and I'm not quite sure its worth it?
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #25  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak21629 View Post
Im on day 2 and I hope I didn't just mess up I had the omelette and rtd chocolate drink for breakfast. Is it OK to have 2 IP products for one meal? I didn't even realize it till it was too late. Thank you for any input
Well the first week they tell you to have an extra packet if you are hungry, so don't worry about it at all. Generally though you only have one packet at a time, packet for breakfast, lunch and snack. I do remember in the beginning feeling overwhelmed between following all the rules and getting in all of my supplements at the right time. Pretty soon it will all become second nature to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
Had my 9th WI - lost 6.6 and I officially passed 20 lbs lost! About a pound is from a change of clothing worn to WI but I wanted the clinic and home scale to be closer.

My coach said they now want people to stay on Phase 1 for 100% - has anyone else heard this yet??
Haven't heard that, but I do know our coach suggested to my daughter to get to almost 100% goal (she is almost there) before going to phase 2. Have to check that out at my next WI.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #26  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi2010 View Post
Has anyone else's coach been pushing the new cleanse? My coach really wanted me to start one next week, and I'm not quite sure its worth it?
Save your money. As long as you aren't having "C" issues I wouldn't do it. I once asked my gastro. doctor (colon cancer runs in my family) and he said, "waste of money." He told me that the body really does know how to take care of such things as long as you are eating healthy and getting in lots of veggies. Thankfully my coach never suggested it, but I would have said no either way. If you are at all concerned there are some very healthy supplements you can buy to keep everything humming along just fine and they aren't laxatives.

Going to be a busy weekend here. My son's 14th birthday is this week and he decided to have a few friends over for the weekend to celebrate. So it looks like lots of junk food, Xbox, going to the movies and just a lot of male bonding. I think I'll put my husband in charge of that.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #27  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post

That's what my coach has told me too which is fine for me. \hopefully I can lose in phase 2 then and be under my goal weight and give myself a little bit of a buffer zone.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #28  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I have a couple questions for you guys.

Is it okay if I go over the 90g of protein a day? The powder that I bought has a higher amount & I switched to 3 servings of that a day..

Also, i've saw people doing eggwhites for breakfast sometimes. How does that go? 2 egg whites? or what? I'm confused on that side of it. Also, that JUST counts as a "packet" right? Not my 8oz of protein at night right?
Old 01-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 214/187.4/150

Height: 5'4"

This is day 3 for me and I am feeling pretty good. I do have a slight headache, but nothing to extreme. I think all these veggies are going to be a pain for me, but I just need to look through the recipes and pick out a few to try. I am not a huge salad eater so will look at cooking veggies most of the time. I did have a cup of rutabaga last night and was so full after supper! I didn't get my second cup of veggies in (had cauliflower cooked and ready to eat but was too full).

Thank you to all who post on these threads, it makes it so much easier to stay focused and know we can do it!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

I am SO SO excited this morning!! I was kind of losing some steam because my reward for reaching goal has always been a photo shoot. I was way bummed because I thought I was going to have to do it in the beginning of April because that's when the photographer I want is going to be in town, but I just saw she opened up some dates for the end of May I will totally be at goal then, and now I don't have to stress so much.

So I have to say I have stumbled across an awesome recipe that totally satisfies the need for a crunchy veggie. Totally inspired by Wuv's zucchini apple recipe. It would be really good with a soup or as a dessert depending on how you made it (sweet / savory).

Zucchini "Apple" Chips

Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).

I have measured my small zucchini's before and they're just about 1 cup so this went perfect with my 1 cup of bell pepper. Yum!!
I will definitely be trying these, need me some crunch!
Closed Thread