Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #76  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

it sounds like you have already given up and have your head else where to me....
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #77  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Lol, I wonder how many IPers went through phase 3 and received the same info I did. Also stating that 2 egg whites have 1.5 carbs.

Oh well, I don't think it really matters anyway at this point. I think you have decided to do something else and it won't matter what any of us say here. Best of luck to you! I hope you do eventually meet your goal!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
WOW my head is swimming with all of the post on this tread of try this, but not that and so on and so on. It sounds like you are doing everything right, but it also sounds like you could use another IP packet per day, or at least spread out your IP packets more so you don't get so hungry. I always eat my snack right before bedtime so I don't wake up starving in the morning. If your body goes into starvation mode then it will hold on to weight. However on this diet it can only hold on so long before it has to give. It's just about impossible not to loose on this plan. There just isn't enough calories to maintain.

Truthfully it just sounds like you are having a good old fashioned plateau because you mentioned that you have never weighed less then what you are now. It happened to my daughter too trying to get past a number on the scale that she had been at for awhile before the numbers on the scale started increasing (which brought her to IP). She plateaued for at least three weeks, but the coach told her to hang on and sure enough the following week the scale started to move again.

BTW we eat Costco BBQ here a lot too with all of the skin removed. I don't think that is your problem.
thanks Dana, very sound advice, I really appreciate it. LIke I said I will give it another week and go from there. I don't want to waste my money but I also don't want to give up easily either.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
it sounds like you have already given up and have your head else where to me....
not true, still want to do this but don't want to waste my money either. I'm willing to give it another week maybe even two.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #80  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
not true, still want to do this but don't want to waste my money either. I'm willing to give it another week maybe even two.
from what I have read and witnessed around here the average weight loss is around 2-3 lbs a week so you are right on par with that. you also need to keep in mind that you are starting out a smaller weight then a lot of people and therefore, your losses will reflect that.

Last edited by Mom3LoveBugs; 01-14-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #81  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Don't give up - just take it one day at a time and know you are doing it for good health...
kiki4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #82  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
thanks Dana, very sound advice, I really appreciate it. LIke I said I will give it another week and go from there. I don't want to waste my money but I also don't want to give up easily either.
Good luck tomorrow Trinique. I have a feeling you are about to turn the corner once I looked at your actual weigh in numbers.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #83  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

...sounds from the WORDS in your posts that you are hungry, hungry, hungry, consistently and repetitively, and that your weight stalled on so little food - 800/900 calories daily - could be that you are starving yourself, and, you don't weigh so much to begin with so have less to lose (I understand you are 5 ft. tall and want to be thinner).

No offense meant to anyone else on this plan--but how many calories does one consume at 300 pounds? If it is 800/900 daily, I don't know how you can stick with it, unless you're losing mass amounts of weight weekly which keeps you motivated to stick with it no matter what (hunger, feeling unwell, hair loss).

Not only would I speak with my consultant/coach, I'd take the plan to my doctor for a looksee to make sure I wasn't screwing up my metabolism altogether. For your size and your complaints, it makes sense to get your doctor's opinion. While I can understand your motivation that being hungry and/or "miserable" (my word, not yours) for the short run while getting quick, speedy, faster than fast results in getting the weight off....you're obviously having issues with sticking to it and your unrelenting hunger is telling you something.

Go see your doctor.

P.S. A red pepper is a culprit? Maybe chocolate cake can be a weight loss sabatour, but not a red pepper.

I think at your size/weight, IP is not the diet for you. My opinion. Sorry if it is unpopular on this thread. It is a drastic program designed for maximum weight loss. It doesn't seem that you particularly "fit" that need.

Last edited by 124chicksinger; 01-14-2012 at 05:06 AM.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #84  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124chicksinger View Post
. I think at your size/weight, IP is not the diet for you. My opinion. Sorry if it is unpopular on this thread. It is a drastic program designed for maximum weight loss. It doesn't seem that you particularly "fit" that need.
I agree with you, 124Chick. If someone has only a few pounds to lose and chooses to go this route, then more power but, it's probably overkill (my opinion). My IP location has lots of "skinny" customers with just a few pounds to lose. I talked with one who had met her goal in 5-6 weeks losing 21 lbs! I'm like, "are you kidding?!" You'd take this route when you're not even overweight? (referring to weight chart meaning of overweight) But, word is getting around NoVA that IP is quick weight loss and people here are hurry, hurry, results driven. I must admit, I fit right in with the "in a hurry and wanting results quick" crowd! However, I've given consideration to whether I want to transition off IP at a reasonable weight like, 155 and then take a slower approach that includes lots of exercise and balanced carb meals.
For now, I'm extremely happy with IP and my weight loss, because I was frustrated losing weight slowly. I lost 34 lbs prior to joining IP but, that took 2 years and failure after failure, up and down on the scale. Ugh!

Last edited by sekc14; 01-14-2012 at 08:17 AM.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #85  

I chose this route because I've NEVER done low carb before and it was a controlled way of losing weight for me which I like. I did WW for almost 10 long yearsssssss and only reached 140 ONCE, a very long time ago when I first started, I was originally 180 or so.

WW was not working for me to get rid of the last 20 lbs so I wanted to try something different. I admit it's not what I consider a healthy approach to losing weight, I was very skeptical at first, my boyfriends sister lost a huge amt of amt in a very short space of time so I thougth I would try it.

Funny thing is though, when she quit IP without phasing off she gained that weight back sooooooo fast it was astonishing. I still cannot believe how fast she went from being slim to becoming obese again.

I'm not one for quick weight loss, in fact if I lose a lb a week I''m very happy with that because I know if it comes off slowly it will be harder to gain it back. I intend to phase off properly too and learn the healthy way to keep this weight off forever.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Good luck tomorrow Trinique. I have a feeling you are about to turn the corner once I looked at your actual weigh in numbers.
thanks Dana, will post my WI when I get back, going soon but not anxious to go
Old 01-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
from what I have read and witnessed around here the average weight loss is around 2-3 lbs a week so you are right on par with that. you also need to keep in mind that you are starting out a smaller weight then a lot of people and therefore, your losses will reflect that.
I totally get that. I understand it will take me longer to lose, but even a lb or two every couple of weeks isn't much to ask for

I lost almost 8 my first week which gives me that average.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I agree with you, 124Chick. If someone has only a few pounds to lose and chooses to go this route, then more power but, it's probably overkill (my opinion). My IP location has lots of "skinny" customers with just a few pounds to lose. I talked with one who had met her goal in 5-6 weeks losing 21 lbs! I'm like, "are you kidding?!" You'd take this route when you're not even overweight? (referring to weight chart meaning of overweight) But, word is getting around NoVA that IP is quick weight loss and people here are hurry, hurry, results driven. I must admit, I fit right in with the "in a hurry and wanting results quick" crowd! However, I've given consideration to whether I want to transition off IP at a reasonable weight like, 155 and then take a slower approach that includes lots of exercise and balanced carb meals.
For now, I'm extremely happy with IP and my weight loss, because I was frustrated losing weight slowly. I lost 34 lbs prior to joining IP but, that took 2 years and failure after failure, up and down on the scale. Ugh!
I can't speak for others but I took this route because others weren't working for me to get rid of the last 20 lbs that I want so desperately to shed. Call them vanity lbs if you wish but they make me misererable almost daily, I wanted to change that feeling. I want when I go to a sunny location I'm not embarassed to wear sleeveless or put on a bathing suit without a cover up. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin which I'm sure many can relate to here.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #89  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124chicksinger View Post
...sounds from the WORDS in your posts that you are hungry, hungry, hungry, consistently and repetitively, and that your weight stalled on so little food - 800/900 calories daily - could be that you are starving yourself, and, you don't weigh so much to begin with so have less to lose (I understand you are 5 ft. tall and want to be thinner).

No offense meant to anyone else on this plan--but how many calories does one consume at 300 pounds? If it is 800/900 daily, I don't know how you can stick with it, unless you're losing mass amounts of weight weekly which keeps you motivated to stick with it no matter what (hunger, feeling unwell, hair loss).

Not only would I speak with my consultant/coach, I'd take the plan to my doctor for a looksee to make sure I wasn't screwing up my metabolism altogether. For your size and your complaints, it makes sense to get your doctor's opinion. While I can understand your motivation that being hungry and/or "miserable" (my word, not yours) for the short run while getting quick, speedy, faster than fast results in getting the weight off....you're obviously having issues with sticking to it and your unrelenting hunger is telling you something.

Go see your doctor.

P.S. A red pepper is a culprit? Maybe chocolate cake can be a weight loss sabatour, but not a red pepper.

I think at your size/weight, IP is not the diet for you. My opinion. Sorry if it is unpopular on this thread. It is a drastic program designed for maximum weight loss. It doesn't seem that you particularly "fit" that need.
Sorry, but I need to disagree with you. I will use my daughter as an example. At under 5 feet tall she weighed before starting IP a 130 pounds. Her goal was to get down to 100 pounds which according to her doctor and weight charts was her ideal weight as she is very small framed. She has now been on IP for 3 1/2 months and has lost 25 pounds. She also hit a stall in her weight for over 3 weeks when she hit 110 pounds as she had been that weight for awhile before gaining weight. The scale finally started to move again for her and she is now within 5 pounds of her goal. She still lives at home (early 20's) so I can tell she feels great, only hungry just before meal time, and has energy to spare. And the best part (from a mom's standpoint) is watching her eat healthy meals again as in lots of vegetables along with her protein. She lived away at college for awhile and I know the kind of junk she was eating there. In addition her BMI before starting was 33 and now is in the 18 percent. A very healthy number for someone her age.

My daughter along with myself has tried lots of diets (WW, Atkins, South Beach, low glycemic, etc.) and this has been the only diet that she has successfully lost weight on. In fact before starting IP I was about to suggest to her to go to our family doctor to see if there was some type of metabolic issue going on with her as no diet, no matter how much she followed it, would allow her to loose more than 4 or 5 pounds. She is now beyond thrilled to have found a healthy way of eating to get down to a healthy weight for her.

BTW I started out at 265, and once I hit ketosis the hunger did go away. I haven't been hungry except right before it's time to eat a meal (I spread my protein meals out about every 4 hours). And it was my doctor who recommend this plan to me. She herself lost weight on it and recommends it to her patients who need to loose.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 135/124/120

I've been following this thread since yesterday. I feel I need to defend those that are like me that want to lose the extra 10-20 lbs that seem impossible at times to lose. I took this approach because I want to lose weight for my honeymoon and my sisters' wedding in May. I've been going to the gym and have been trying to eat a healthy diet months prior to starting IP. I would do good for a few days and then fall off the wagon. I leave next week so I wanted to do this for quick results also. I feel this plan works for me because it's so strict. I want to get down to my high school weight, so I know I'm not going under a weight my body can't handle. Plus, I have a twin sister who is also the weight I am trying to get down to and she maintains it very well. I have also done the whole WW diet and didn't really work for me. IP does.

I believe if you phase off the right way and continue to stay active and eat healthy, you should be able to keep the weight off. My best friend did this diet a year ago and did great. But once she got back to real life she gained it all back. BUT, she was eating whatever she wanted and whenever she wanted!! My mom also did the IP diet and also had great results and still does! She makes sure to get her big balanced meal in every morning and has even lost weight once she phased off. I've never seen her this happy with her weight.
Bailey6 is offline   Reply With Quote