Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I've not started this yet (not enough $$$) but I think the hardest thing for me will be resisting the urge to eat what the rest of my family is eating. We don't have a lot of money, and I have four younger siblings, so there's a lot of junk in the house.

My typical day in the realm of food goes like this:
B: Whatever I can find in the kitchen. Usually an egg sandwich.
L: Ramen noodles, hot pocket, pizza bagels or a sandwich.
D: Lately mom orders pizza a lot. Sometimes we have homecooked meals but it's junk most of the time.
Snacks: Whatever I can get my hands on.

I can't exactly get rid of everything I can't eat, so this will be tough. Also, resisting the urge to weigh myself every day will be an issue. I like to see results and step on the scale anytime I'm near it. x.x I might just not weigh myself but once a month.
Sounds like a carb menu. I had a similar situation. Lots of carbs and sugar and nothing else. If you make the committment to the program and follow it without cheating you will no longer crave or want the carb overload. You will be eating 4 cups of veggies everyday along with salads (romaine lettuce is the best). My initial consultation was $230.00 which included one week of packets (2 a day then you eat your evening meal) and I know pay $81.00 per week for a weeks worth of packets. I am still in Phase 1. It is expensive and there are alternatives you can use if money is an issue but a lot of clinics or coaches won't allow you to use alternatives if you are going to them. You may want to start detoxing now so you don't have such severe withdrawals when you start. Begin eating veggies (brocoli, cauliflower, etc no peas, carrots, corn) and drink lots of water (at least 64 oz a day is what my coach wants). Start ridding your body of the sugar and carbs now so it isn't so shocked. Good luck with your decision! It will work if you want it to. I would also suggest reading the 2 sticky notes on the main forum page. it is packed with tons of information for newbies like us. There is a daily chat everyday for questions. You are worth it!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #62  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Great Dana!! Thank you so much!! (and just to be sure, it hasn't slowed or stalled your weight-loss ?) I really appreciate it
Actually that was abuck who answered you, but NatureWay is a good brand. That's who I use for my magnesium. My alternative supplements have never stalled my weight. I really don't see how alternative supplements could stall your weight. You just want a good quality brand more than anything.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/198/140

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Default New 2 U

I'm new to forums so who knows where this comment will end up. I'm on my 3rd day on IP and thanks to this forum I'm not as weird as I thought. I've gone thru headaches and nausea and way bad fatigue. But I think today is going to be better. Thank you all for being there!!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I've been OP and swimming laps, walking, and staying very active. I'm hungry during the day and not losing. I used ketostix last night and this morning and I'm in mild ketosis. I should be having a major calorie deficit and see the scale move. Has anyone else had this? I am a slow loser even when I was 30. Did a very restricted diet with an hour of exercise per day minimum and only lost avg 5 lbs per month. I was a very fit size 12 at 160 lbs and could play tennis for hours, bike, and workout all in a day. I was so excited to see big numbers in the beginning but I'm afraid it's going to stay slow now. Anyone else have this experience?
I read through all the responses and your responses back, can you add in another packet? Or some egg whites. It sounds like you need the excersise to keep the pain away...you should talk to your coach about making up for it somewhere so that you don't accidently put yourself into starvation mode and have your body hold onto whatever you give it. OR that you don't lose any muscle. Just my opinion though. I've only walked on this diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Don't beat yourself up over this. You are back on IP and that is what matters. I did phase off for a vacation and gained 6 pounds, however I have already lost 4 of them my first week back OP and the week isn't over yet.
Welcome back.
Hey Molly, did you follow Jennydoodle's thread for phasing off for a vacation? I'm off to Mexico in March, just researching what others have done and the results of taking a week vacation (or more if others have taken more then a week). Let me know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachewizard View Post
I'm new to forums so who knows where this comment will end up. I'm on my 3rd day on IP and thanks to this forum I'm not as weird as I thought. I've gone thru headaches and nausea and way bad fatigue. But I think today is going to be better. Thank you all for being there!!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Oops you're right.. Thanks abuck! I'm definitely gonna look into that. For lunch, I just HAD to try this pancake recipe using the crispy cereal. YUMMm!!!!! I omitted the vanilla because the brand i have contains cane sugar.. But I added a dash of apple pie spice.. Omgoooosshhh. I think I'll be eating this everyday. Would I get myself in trouble because of the pinch of baking powder and 1 egg white?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #66  
IP Start date 1/2/12

S/C/G: 212/197/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone.. I'm new here too. This is day 5 for me and i'm down 3 lbs. I think that good right?
Anyway, THANK YOU for this site. I was feeling a wee bit hungry today and reading all these posts is keeping me motivated. The breakroom at my office is filled with donuts and cookies and I walked right by!! i also took a picture of myself in my bra and panties my very first WI so whenever i get hungry i just look at that, its on my phone.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #67  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Ishbell, last week I ate additional servings of meat or an extra packet. The coach said that was ok but switch to fish or chicken, not have tenderloin beef and salmon like I was eating. I couldn't switch because I had already cooked the steak and salmon. So, I ate less of it, drank more water, and also had less WF syrup. I do need the exercise, I feel better with it mentally and physically. The scale at home went up 2#s after WI 5 but, now I'm up just 1 #. Maybe it is muscle gain because my clothes are not tighter, maybe looser or the same.

I kept closer record of everything on myfitness and will see how next week goes. Everything I've read says exercise is ok on ketosis
Old 01-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hi Apache and welcome. you will be amazed at how much energy you will have after the first week.

[/QUOTE]Hey Molly, did you follow Jennydoodle's thread for phasing off for a vacation? I'm off to Mexico in March, just researching what others have done and the results of taking a week vacation (or more if others have taken more then a week). Let me know?[/QUOTE]

Hey Ishbel, I did follow Jennydoodle's thread for phasing off. I really pigged out on vacation too. Everything from sweets to alcohol. I did find that I was able to keep portions small, but I also found that eating that way made me sick to my stomach after several days.

On another topic... I just tried the new orange tangerine MIO, yum! I tried the Green Thunder and didn't care for it much, can't wait to try the Black Cherry.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #69  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Ishbell, last week I ate additional servings of meat or an extra packet. The coach said that was ok but switch to fish or chicken, not have tenderloin beef and salmon like I was eating. I couldn't switch because I had already cooked the steak and salmon. So, I ate less of it, drank more water, and also had less WF syrup. I do need the exercise, I feel better with it mentally and physically. The scale at home went up 2#s after WI 5 but, now I'm up just 1 #. Maybe it is muscle gain because my clothes are not tighter, maybe looser or the same.

I kept closer record of everything on myfitness and will see how next week goes. Everything I've read says exercise is ok on ketosis
It's okay to exercise in ketosis, it's the low calorie count on this diet is what causes the problem. Does your clinic measure your body fat/lean muscle?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #70  
Started IP 12/30/2011

S/C/G: 207.6/194.5/145

Height: 5'6

FIRST weigh n lost 3.6 lbs.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:

You can exercise in ketosis, it's the balance on this diet that will git ya! As Dana mentioned it's the lack of calories, just wondering if you could do lighter excersise. Swimming uses every muscle and I know I couldn't do it on this diet, but with your health implications you may not be able to give up swimming. Clothes being loser are a good indication.

I went for a walk over the holidays, a little faster then usual and a lot longer. I said to the VIP 'I'm getting tired' and he said "we're almost there" and I said "I think I'm out of calories".

You just need to find your balance. One thing, I used to 'foo foo' people who said they couldn't digest beef. Since being on this diet I TOTALLY GET IT! I love beef (steak hamburger etc)....but beef doesn't like me. It takes me a few days to digest it.

Extra meat has extra carbs...are you going to the loo enough (with the beef?). How many times are you weighing yourself? I put my scale away within 6 weeks so I wasn't in the vicious cycle of "how come it's not MORE!". (thanks 2Ride for getting me to put away - once again! lol)

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-06-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FineChick View Post
FIRST weigh n lost 3.6 lbs.
Great job!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Hello there! I am super excited to find this thread! I am on day 2 of ideal protein. I need to lose about 40 pounds and I am REALLY REALLY hoping I can do that by Memorial Day weekend...so I can start the summer slim! Today I had a vanilla shake for breakfast and the broccoli and cheese soup (i did not like it) and 2 cups of asparagus. Last night I had a terrible headache and very fatigued. So I went to bed at 7 oclock. How long did this last for you guys? I am going to have to place my order in for next weeks food in the next few days. Can anybody make some recommendations?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 268/258.5/150

Height: 5'7"

Question Alternative IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey6 View Post
I haven't told her I have been doing the IP diet (Alternative products) out of fear that she will no longer allow me to do bootcamp. Anyone else doing something like this?

Beginning on day 5 of phase 1! Hope the hunger goes away soon!! Hope you all have a great day!
What alternative products are you using? Are you doing this on your own or through a coach at a center? I'm afraid it's all to expensive for me but I'm really interested in what I'm hearing!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #75  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I'm on day 6 and feel GREAT! You'll get there. Stay strong
Closed Thread