Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 221.2/211.8/150

Height: 5'3"

jlove - I can't honestly say that I am overwhelmingly energetic just yet, but I feel great!! I am just happy to be able to actually see that kind of a weight loss and inch loss. I knew I could feel the inches coming off, but to get the actual numbers today that was awesome! I am very excited about this. I have tried so many different plans, and I have found the easiest to follow by far. The foods, in my opinion, are great and that makes a HUGE difference for me. I have tried RVL - and I am not going to say that didn't work, because it did, but you get so tired of the same thing day in and day out it makes it so much easier to fall off.

Everybody else who has posted! THANKS for all the words of encouragement. I plan on frequenting here often! I work at home doing medical transcription and I get quite lonely during the day. The recipes that I have found on here are totally awesome and very helpful as well! So excited! Can't quit smiling!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Phase 2 hasn't done me any favors either Colley. I don't understand why there would be a difference in a little meat vs. a protein packet but apparently there is. I guess I have to do Phase 1 until goal.

Like some other posters, I am terrified of the holidays and gaining my weight back! I will be in maintenance by then which will make it worse. In a way, it's easy to just say no to everything, which I do now. When I actually have to make choices at all those sugar and fat laden meals, I'm worried I'll just blow it. People will push food on me. I stop them now by saying my Dr. put me on this super strict diet. I'll lose that handy excuse on maintenance. Maybe I'll just stay on phase 1 until January...
Old 09-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Lately, I have been on a zucchini kick. I just slice it kinda thin, heat a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, lay the slices in, sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt, granulated garlic and sometimes butter buds (I try not to eat those too much). I cook them until they are lightly browned on both sides. I have always liked zucchini, but prepared it in an unhealthy way. I am really loving them now. They are actually sweet to me. I'm so glad I have rediscovered this vegetable. Also, sliced okra prepared the same way is really good. Just play around with different vegetables and see which ones you don't despise. I find that by the time I eat my veggies, I'm hungry enough to eat most anything. I even ate the tomato basil soup that first week and, well, it's just horrid!
I usually do that for dinner and do 1 cup zucchinis and 1 cup mushrooms and put it over whatever meat i'm eating.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
Okay..question. Walden Foods are expensive so which are worth a go and which ones are avoid at all cost???
WF Asian Dressing & marinade is a staple for me. I use it to make stir fry at least 3 nights a week.

Quote:
Also, I started out just throwing raw spinach into my salad to make up the difference for my vegetables. Now, I rarely eat salad. I try to make myself have a salad once every 2 or 3 days just to get the lettuce in, but that's the hardest part for me.
At my last WI, coach said I must have lettuce at lunch and dinner on top of veggies! I know it's to feel full and keep things moving, but I seriously can't have that much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bripp View Post
Hello everybody. I am new here. I started IP last tuesday, 09/20/2011, and today was my first WI. I am excited to see 6.4 pounds down and 7-1/2 inches overall! This hasn't been easy for me, but I got through the rough patches of intense carb cravings, so I am hoping it is going to be a breeze from here on out. I am very excited and I feel GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Phase 2 hasn't done me any favors either Colley. I don't understand why there would be a difference in a little meat vs. a protein packet but apparently there is. I guess I have to do Phase 1 until goal.

Like some other posters, I am terrified of the holidays and gaining my weight back! I will be in maintenance by then which will make it worse. In a way, it's easy to just say no to everything, which I do now. When I actually have to make choices at all those sugar and fat laden meals, I'm worried I'll just blow it. People will push food on me. I stop them now by saying my Dr. put me on this super strict diet. I'll lose that handy excuse on maintenance. Maybe I'll just stay on phase 1 until January...
Remember, we can have a day off once a week on maintenance! Enjoy your favorite foods on Thanksgiving and X-mas if you are in maintenance. The day after will be a phase 1 day to make up for it. Plan ahead and get your family on board with you only indulging one day instead of 3 or 4 like my family often does.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #65  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Pauley... Nice Picture.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Also, I started out just throwing raw spinach into my salad to make up the difference for my vegetables. Now, I rarely eat salad. I try to make myself have a salad once every 2 or 3 days just to get the lettuce in, but that's the hardest part for me.
I too am finding that I am not eating salad like I used to. I have often heard that it is very important to eat the lettuce. What does everyone think? Should I try to have a salad a day or is it not that big of a deal?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

I rarely eat salad...and by rarely, probably only 2 since I have been OP...which is a month now. I do the other veggies and my coach, who is not a registered nutritionist, so may not really know, said that the salad is optional.

Has anyone had the chili over greens? I did that for lunch today...sort of made a taco salad out of it if you will. It was actually really good!!! :-) I didn't use lettuce though, I opt for the mixed greens - herbs, lettuce, spinach, arugula, etc. It was delish!

What is everyone doing for dinner? I think I am having my version of chicken wings and celery!!! Grill chunks of chicken and then put in Franks Hot Sauce...simmer for 10 mins or so. YUM!!! :-)
Old 09-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
What kind of soya sauce and mustard are we allowed. I haven't found any that show 0,0,0
I use Bragg soya sauce. I'm from Canada too. It's in the organic section of the grocery store. Ingredients are soya beans and water. So this is 0,0,0. Actually tastes awesome, a bit pricey though, $6.50 for 700ml. Mustard you can use is plain yellow prepared mustard.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #69  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

I gotta question for those of you who have lost the weight. Do you have loose skin? My weight is in my belly and i was just wondering if it's gonna be flabby.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #70  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
I gotta question for those of you who have lost the weight. Do you have loose skin? My weight is in my belly and i was just wondering if it's gonna be flabby.
Try to get things with extra collagen in them, so the Cran-granata drink, the jello and there is a collagen drink supplement that you drink as well. Also you can get Palmer's cocoa butter and rub that on twice a day...
Old 09-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Pauley... Nice Picture.
Thanks Jelly! Now we'll recognize each other if we happen to be in the clinic at the same time.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #72  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I too am finding that I am not eating salad like I used to. I have often heard that it is very important to eat the lettuce. What does everyone think? Should I try to have a salad a day or is it not that big of a deal?
I don't know. Some people have stated that they lose better if they eat salad everyday. Also, it's supposed to help with constipation, but I haven't had that problem yet. I had a hard time eating the salad the first couple of weeks but was making myself eat it. Then I tapered off. During week 4 or 5, I felt hungry all the time, so I ate salads again. The hunger has tapered off again and so has my salad consumption. I think it's probably good for you to eat it, but I just can't make myself when I'm full. We've heard our whole lives to quit eating before you get full, now we're expected to eat additional food after we're full. ?? I'm just going to do what feels right for me.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Hmmm! Hungry during week 4 or 5. I am in my fourth week and noticing I am much more hungry than normal. Is this usual?
Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #74  

I am new to 3FC but am on week 3 of IP. I have a question. I have been having bad cramps in my "ovary" area (between my leg and groin) like I pulled a muscle or something. Has anyone had this? I already had my period last week, so I don't think it's related to that.

I am so not a veggie girl, but I am trying!! Sounds like many of you are doing great!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined126 View Post
Hmmm! Hungry during week 4 or 5. I am in my fourth week and noticing I am much more hungry than normal. Is this usual?
I had little hunger until I hit week 4/5 and then I was starving! It does go away and get better so just keep at it.
Closed Thread