Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #76  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I put mine in a box marked free on the side like kittens...no takers.
DOH!!...moving on to plan B....
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
I think they have both options cooked and uncooked for many items. Their website shows all of the products too
Are they or do they deliver in canada?
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #78  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I just found an interesting recipe....

Gourmet Sandwich Pockets

1 Ideal Protein Diet Orange Pancake
2 pinches salt
1/8 tsp dried basil
75 - 100 ml water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all together to a semi-thick batter. Pour onto a non-stick pie plate or spray a regular pan with "Pam". Cook for 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and let completely cool (approx. 15 minutes). Slice down the middle, make into halves. Open pockets the same as a pita bread.

Suggested filling: Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cucumber, slivered green peppers, etc.

Toss filling with delicious dressing:

1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 clove of garlic
You can drizzle a little olive oil over the garnish and spices of your choice, if you prefer.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #79  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I am feeling very weak, light headed and dizzy today. Didn't someone just go through that and it meant more salt was needed? I'm kind of concerned. I just ate a bar so I have some protein and carbs in my system. I don't think it's helping though.
yes, it is likely that you need some salt. I try to get it over with fast and take 1/3 tsp of salt from a spoon then chase quickly with 8 ounces or more of water. You should feel a change in about 20 minutes.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Boy do I feel for you on this one! I've been through a lot of that with transition of my 3yo daughter to day care. I came so close to quitting my job last fall/winter because I just couldn't take the Mommy guilt of dropping off the sobbing child. Hang in there! It will get better!

I am feeling very weak, light headed and dizzy today. Didn't someone just go through that and it meant more salt was needed? I'm kind of concerned. I just ate a bar so I have some protein and carbs in my system. I don't think it's helping though.
Yes, add some more salt!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
WOO HOO to the potty training! My nephew did the same thing. One day he just decided, on his own, he needed to use the potty. It went quickly after that.

I am sorry you are on the slow side. At least, given all the stress, you are still moving down. Keep focused and you will see that whoosh soon.

ACTUALLY, how are you eating right now? I know you are doing a lot more this time than you did last time. You are running around more with both kids and you are sleeping less. Are you on a normal phase 1, are you trying to eat a larger meat portion, adding any extra egg whites or packets? Are you eating frequently even if you are up late or early? Maybe your body would lose better with just a little bit more? I know it doesn't seem right but, it is surprising how many people benefit from just adding an extra egg white or two or a packet. That extra protein and few extra calories is key for some people.

SAY! I keep meaning to ask you, have you heard that Samantha (aka Calgarygirl) and Kim Ann both had their babies in the past 2 weeks? Not sure when they will be back to IP but, I believe Sam said she would definitely be back on plan. Both ladies had lovely little boys!
Maybe I'll talk to my coach about it - I'm up from about 6am till 12 am with about an hour in the middle of the night from about 3 till 4 am as well. Who knows anymore, I've tried lower carb weeks, higher carb weeks and a combination of low & high carb weeks...nothing seems to make a difference.

Kim and Sam are both on my fb! They are both so blessed - such amazing women! I'm pretty sure Sam said she was going to breastfeed so I assume she won't be back for a while
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I just found an interesting recipe....

Gourmet Sandwich Pockets

1 Ideal Protein Diet Orange Pancake
2 pinches salt
1/8 tsp dried basil
75 - 100 ml water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all together to a semi-thick batter. Pour onto a non-stick pie plate or spray a regular pan with "Pam". Cook for 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and let completely cool (approx. 15 minutes). Slice down the middle, make into halves. Open pockets the same as a pita bread.

Suggested filling: Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cucumber, slivered green peppers, etc.

Toss filling with delicious dressing:

1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 clove of garlic
You can drizzle a little olive oil over the garnish and spices of your choice, if you prefer.
Mmm...sounds good. Just wondering why does it use the orange pancake vs the regular one?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #83  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Yeah that's what i was thinking, and i have no intentions of actually cheating by all means, but we are on the same page as to what i was thinking, thanks!!!!
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Mmm...sounds good. Just wondering why does it use the orange pancake vs the regular one?
I don't know, I just found it, I have not tried it yet but I will. I am sure you could use the regular one and it would work just as well.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #85  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Maybe I'll talk to my coach about it - I'm up from about 6am till 12 am with about an hour in the middle of the night from about 3 till 4 am as well. Who knows anymore, I've tried lower carb weeks, higher carb weeks and a combination of low & high carb weeks...nothing seems to make a difference.

Kim and Sam are both on my fb! They are both so blessed - such amazing women! I'm pretty sure Sam said she was going to breastfeed so I assume she won't be back for a while
I couldn't remember if you had them on FB too. I knew Sam was going to BF but, I am not sure about Kim Ann. I think she is too. Anyway, I have just loved all the pictures of the new babies.

I would consider that you might not be getting enough protein or calories in. I was told if you are up long nights or working 24 hour type shifts you are still suppose to be eating about every 3 hours so, you might be needing an extra snack or so a day. It sounds like you are up about 19 hours a day so, that should be about 6 meals a day if you are spacing them out.
Probably adding an extra snack (packet) and then, if you aren't using your full meat portion (8 ounces) take that and divide it into a 3 ounce and 5 ounce portion.

Use the 3 ounce real protein, or do a couple of egg whites, as another snack.
Then use the 5 ounce at dinner like we used to have on the original phase 1.

You would have something like:

Breakfast - IP packet
Snack - 3ounce or 2 egg whites
Lunch - IP packet
Snack - IP packet
Dinner - 5 ounce
Snack - IP Packet

You could move any of the snacks around to anytime of the day or night

IN FACT, if you know you get up every night for Charlie, you could make a pudding or drink and have it waiting for you in the fridge. I often premix an iced chai with vanilla rtd then all I have to do is lightly warm it and have it on the run.

If you are having any blood sugar instability this could help with that too.

It keeps you pretty much on a phase 1 plus extra packet concept but will have a more steady stream of protein and about 150 to 200 extra calories a day. It might do the trick.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-30-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added to my thoughts
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #86  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
They are so yummy, I had one last night!!!
I also loved this bar.

Try the lemon poppy seed one, also yummy
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #87  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good morning all, I'm really trying to decide if i want to switch to phase 2, mostly cause i just want a change in food, I mean I love the food I'm eating now, so I was hoping to get some opinions..... change to phase 2 for a week and then back to phase 1? I still have 20 lbs to go, but I'm also content where I'm at.... so stuck!!!!
I am confused, phase 2 is basically the same as phase 1 except you use your own protein for lunch... so nothing really changes you still have 2 cups veg at dinner and lunch you just have meat or eggs at lunch. Not much of a change, this is my second week and basically my lunches are similar to my suppers so not a real change. I can't tell how much you lose per week, but sometimes extra protein helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
My weigh in is tomm. I weigh in the mornings and won't even take a sip of water before I weigh-just how I have done it from beginning. Good luck.
Brenda
I do everything the same as one week my wi is at 1 or 3 and the next week it is at 5. I continue drinking and eating, as I figure it will all balance out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Horribly day. DS started Kindergarten last week and was doing really well when I dropped him off. I would wait for a teacher to be supervising the playground, and sometimes until one of his friends got there. Then he'd wave me away and tell me I didn't have to stay. This morning he was a mess! Big, silent tears running down his cheeks and clinging to me. The bell doesn't ring until 8:10 and I work at 8, so I had to try and leave (was late anyway). I felt terrible leaving him. The teacher tried consoling him, and none of his friends were there yet to play with. I peeked around the corner and saw him sitting alone looking miserable. Cutting off an arm would have felt better to me.
Picked him up on my lunch break since they only do half days. I got one big smile and then tears. He just wanted to go home and not to daycare. I spent 10 minutes at daycare consoling him until his little sister pops around the corner. Now she decides to start bawling because she wants to go home with Mommy.
These days would usually drive me to the nearest drive thru! Big time emotional eater. I ate a lemon poppyseed bar, and I'm drinking some water. It still sucks. I called my husband and told him I hate him for making me do these things alone (he travels during week now)! He's super supportive actually. I was just feeling mean and weak.
oh I feel for you, I am sorry you had a bad day. and when they double team you that is even worse. Hope you have a better day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Are tomatillos allowed on phase 1?
I was told they are like tomatoes so I make salsa with them and try to have them once or twice the week I make it, then the rest of it goes to work and someone else eats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Are they or do they deliver in canada?
The Swann use to deliver here in Alberta, and they were pretty good... very similar to M&M meat products. My sister lives in the states and would get the Swann man to deliver as well when they came to Alberta we compared them and the US one was still better. and of course had better deals.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
The Swann use to deliver here in Alberta, and they were pretty good... very similar to M&M meat products. My sister lives in the states and would get the Swann man to deliver as well when they came to Alberta we compared them and the US one was still better. and of course had better deals.
Oh if its similar to M&M than i'm good, i go there all the time (love the pre-cooked burgers for the kids). Not sure there's much i can eat from there right now beside the chicken breast. But M&M everything is frozen.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #89  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

8 ounces in liquid measure is a cup. HOWEVER, 8 ounces in dry measure varies. For instance, depending on how you measure using a dry cup and the putting it on a scale to weigh, a cup of flour can be just 4 ounces. With bulky items like vegetables, 8 ounces, may not actually fit to a cup.

I don't know if that is exactly what you were asking. I hope it helps.

Carla- it sort of answers my question. Just trying to figure out how much 2 cups of broccoli actually is!

FYI love having you back here!
Krista7382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #90  

Height: 5'6"

Just one hr until my WI... Can I go back to the first few weeks when I loved my WI's please?? Oh well...BP is sorted so it'll be a new week and I shall be more than happy with my WI next Tuesday...right???
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote