Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #16  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
[
JackieGee- What are the names of your books?

Future Pull, Partner with the Universe to create the life of your dreams - that one has a picture of the Trifid Nebula on the front - which is a star factory.

Future Pull (condensed version) and Future Pull Life Creation Playbook and Journal - that one has a picture of the peony nebula on the front - absolutely beautiful colors.

Seven Day Mental Diet, updated for the 21st century - that one doesn't have a star picture on it - just a celebrating, happy man

The Trifid Nebula was taken with the Spitzer telescope which is an infrared. It is normally hidden in a cloud of space dust but the infrared camera can picture it based on heat generated. At least that's how I understand it.

The Peony Nebula has the 2nd brightest star in the universe (at least right now) - the peony nebula star. I would love to paint a big abstract based on this nebula. I paint abstracts but in acrylics and I've tried to paint a big abstract of the night sky but I think it would be easier in oils and I'm not very skilled in using oils.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

JackieGee(I am so struggling this week. Ever since Saturday. I'm still in ketosis so I haven't blown it too much but I'm extremely unsatisfied and snacky. And I'm afraid I haven't lost my necessary 2 lbs to reach my 1 month goal of 20 lbs. Every morning I start of strong with lots of resolve and late day I am just feeling like blowing it. Haven't yet but I have had extras - like an egg or an extra packet. Just really struggling and no idea why - the first four weeks were so easy.

I leave on thursday to visit my son and go to my grandson's second birthday. If this week - with no out of the ordinary stuff - is hard, how will I manage surrounded by temptation and out of the ordinary meals. Send me strength![/QUOTE]))

GM IP Family
The beginning of a new day and I'm still excited to be alive and OPnever thought that eating salt would make me so happy.As I was saying yesterday I was up almost 2 lbs will got on the scales this morning and there gone.

JackieGee...stay strong,I went out of town after being OP for only 6 days to a wedding with all intentions of having a few drinks with my BF,it so happened she was so busy with the wedding that we didn't get the time to have our few drinks we had originally planned,ending up having 2 low cal drinks...still lost 2.8 that week! Be strong..you can do it!!

Remember nothing taste as good as skinny feels!!
Go enjoy your grandson and stay OP,have fun
sheenasg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #18  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Pxlkitty- Sounds like you had a great vacation and wtg staying mostly OP!

ItsAboutTime
- Hope you have your 30 at your WI, hopefully you just need to potty a few times to get rid of that extra water.

Busymomx
- I'm glad you found another clinic, and don't have to pay another consultation fee. I hope you really like you're new coach!

JackieGee- What are the names of your books?

I am so glad Monday is over!!! We normally have crazy Monday's but I think yesterday topped them all. I got off work, straight to pick up the kids from school, took my son to Cross Country for his meet, dropped off my daughter to get her softball gear on, dropped off my niece and nephews (whom I give rides home from school), dropped my youngest daughter off at tutor, picked up older daughter and dropped her at the ball field for her Softball game. Ran home fed the dogs and gave them cold water, changed into the Mommy support shirt for the softball team (which is wayyy ugly), picked little guy up from my Mom's, dropped him with my husband who was just getting home from work, grabbed a to go shake for dinner, picked up my youngest daughter from tutor and went to the ball field. I left the game, picked son up from Cross Country, took him and youngest daughter home and went to class. Got home from class at 8:45pm. (I leave the house at 7:15am, so it was a longg day)

BUT, I made it through Monday with no cheats, even with my crazy schedule and my husband waiving a blondie brownie in front of me. (Which really made me want to smack him!)
I even remembered that I would never get dinner in by 8pm so I had my meat/veggies for lunch! (That was the real accomplishment for me, not so much the cheats, but remembering to get in everything for the day)
Wow that is quite the day, I am very impressed, you mom's rock... I don't know how you guys do it. I have problems some days with just having to look after me and 4 animals...

Its about time - good for you I am glad you won't cheat. I like you are more scared to cheat... the phobia of gaining all the weight back, even though I know I won't. I can wait until phase 4 to have a cheat. As of now to get me going again I am continuing with phase 2 and it seems to be working.

Welcome back Judogirl

Have a great day all, off to walk the dogs, and then experiment on making mango chutney with my mango drink...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Pxlkitty - First of all I so wish I had a container store nearby, although I would spend way too much there. RV'ing/Camping can be so stressful simply in the packing and organizing of it.

JodiM - OMG you make me scared to death of when my kids are older and in activities.

Rainbowmom - Yes, I do that on weigh in days. I have coffee but don't start the water until after WI then I hit the water hard. My 9 mo old wakes at around 7a each day as well.

NSV for today's chat: Yesterday I was photocopying items for me and my daughter's passports and realized I actually for once in my life weigh less than my driver's license. (by a lot actually!) I then realized if I were renewing it, I, for the first time, would not feel any need to stretch the truth on the app. about what my weight is!!! LOL

I may or may not occasionally post a new thread but just b/c I feel my questions get so many great answers from so many helpful people in an individual thread, while on the daily chat many of my questions were overlooked. Well, I guess I can get more focus on one specific topic anyways.

WI for me today. Good luck to those weighing in today as well.

wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

2RIDEROLLER....CONGRATULATIONS, I just read on yesterdays thread that you have lost 80 POUNDS. WHOOT! WHOOT! That is amazing.

I will check back later and see what is going on with everyone else.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #21  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

JackieGee- I am going to have to check those out next time I am at the book store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Have a great day all, off to walk the dogs, and then experiment on making mango chutney with my mango drink...
You will have to post and let us know how it comes out.

Last edited by JodiM; 08-30-2011 at 09:55 AM.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #22  

Love hearing everyone's sharing on the daily post. Tomorrow will be my week 3 WI. So after that, "the big week 3 crossing point"... is pretty much everyone then exercising who is doing IP?
tjlhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for helping me yesterday and i’m sorry for having taken up so many posts.

So I found a new clinic (I have about 4 all within 15 min from my house) and they are open on Saturday and I don’t have to pay the consultation fees again, yay! So I’m going to go Saturday and check it out but I feel better already…!
YAY! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how Saturday goes.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #24  
On my last diet

Quote:
JackieGee- I am going to have to check those out next time I am at the book store!

You will have to post and let us know how it comes out.
They aren't in stores yet. Just on amazon.com although they will be in our Chapters soon and potentially in bookstores some time this fall.

Mango chutney - yum. I love the mango drink! I am going to take some extra yummy foods when I go to Ottawa. Want to introduce my daughter in law to IP
Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #25  
On my last diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Sending you strength...

I don't know too much about astronomy. I used to... about 10 years in graduate school, I could do a 5-minute tour of the night sky and show people things in binoculars and help them find things in telescopes by memory. I have never owned a "nice" telescope, and only ever kind of figured out the eyepieces, etc. My "thing" was knowing where stuff was in the sky.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or because I had a kid. Somehow my brain doesn't keep all the details that it used to. I do plan to get a nicer telescope soon, though, and will probably get one with all the automatic stuff to make life easier.

See if you have a local astronomy club. You might be surprised! I've found that people are very nice and amateur astronomer are some of the nicest/kindest people I've ever met.

Well thanks to your suggestion Pxl, I found a local astronomy club - the Thunder Bay Chapter of the Royal Astronomical Society. I might attend their first meeting in September to check it out. They are building an observatory here. They sound very active and interesting.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Just checking in after a few days away from the site. I'm doing so much better and back into the 140's today. Official weigh in is not till Thursday so I still have time! Had a great workout on the elliptical yesterday and as soon as the kids cooperate I'm jumping on it again!
I started with the Depo Shot for BC about the same time as this diet. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm unable to take most birth control because my doctor thinks the estrogen is making my BP high. Its back down now but I'm not sure if its the IP or different BC. I'm hating the shot and it's about time for another one. :-(
Dancer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Just finished getting caught up on last night's posts and I wanted to clarify that I don't think my losses are horrible. I just stated I wish I had the guts to cheat because since I've been here so many have commented on how it actually worked in their favor. I won't do it. I'm still averaging 3 lbs a week on alternatives so I'd say I'm good to go for now.
Be glad you don't have the guts to cheat! If you cheat once its easier to the next time. You're doing great! Keep up the good work!!
Dancer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #28  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Well thanks to your suggestion Pxl, I found a local astronomy club - the Thunder Bay Chapter of the Royal Astronomical Society. I might attend their first meeting in September to check it out. They are building an observatory here. They sound very active and interesting.
I am SO happy that you found them. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun. We've met great people and made many good friends in our local club.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #29  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

I can not wait until Thursday! I will have officially been here 20 days and get my signature. Woohoo! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
JodiM - OMG you make me scared to death of when my kids are older and in activities.
It's not normally that bad. Monday's are always nuts because I take a class Monday nights... but not normally that bad. Although, they are close.

I wouldn't trade it for the world though, plus as they become teens I am of the firm belief that if you keep them occupied in sports they tend to not get in as much trouble.

Last edited by JodiM; 08-30-2011 at 10:48 AM.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
I can not wait until Thursday! I will have officially been here 20 days and get my signature. Woohoo! LOL

It's not normally that bad. Monday's are always nuts because I take a class Monday nights... but not normally that bad. Although, they are close.

I wouldn't trade it for the world though, plus as they become teens I am of the firm belief that if you keep them occupied in sports they tend to not get in as much trouble.

Yes, I hope my kids are involved in good activities. Idle minds = devil's playground!
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote