Old 08-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #241  

Hi all! Just started IP this week and testing out all the different foods. Some I like and some I hate. I am starting at 151 and hope to go down to 135. I am in peri-menopause and find it extremely hard to go below 148 no matter what I do. My body fights to stay at that weight and it has been very discouraging in the past. I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day but I have anyways and I have dropped to 147.4 but jumped back day before weigh in to 148.8 so the same thing seems to be happening and although I want to be positive I'm afraid IP will not defeat my body.

I have not cheated one tiny bit and will continue for two more weeks but based on people here I should be losing more. Thanks for listening to me whine!

Cheers!
cherylleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #242  

Hello. Few days ago I was looking trough one blog with lots of information about how to lose fat in the stomach. It can be useful for you. Here it is.
clairewlusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Calee!!! WTG! We are moving right along...whoot, whoot! I know, it feels so weird saying i'd like to lost 7 more pounds! We are almost there sistah!
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #244  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Amalia, we just have to keep taking it one day at a time. I had hoped to be down more this morning but I'm up to 148.4 this morning. Not sure why as I walked 9 miles yesterday for exercise but I know that my body sheds, then rests. I'm hoping for another 2 pounds this week, maybe 3 because then I'd have a normal BMI for the first time since 1975. That would be awesome!

How many of those 7 are you visualizing gone by next Monday?
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

[QUOTE=How many of those 7 are you visualizing gone by next Monday?[/QUOTE]
Trying to be realistic here. Im thinking maybe two or three, but would gladly take more. The weird thing is my clothes are falling off even though the scale isnt showing a huge loss for the past three weeks. So im ok with that. Getting a 'procedure' sept 29th, so my goal is to hit goal by the 29th! Now thats doable!
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #246  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Height: 5'0"

Default Fluctuations

I have been on the IP diet for a couple of weeks and while I lost initially, I seem to go up ounces rather than drop pounds the last couple of days. It is discouraging especially since I have not cheated. Is this normal, these fluctuations, and will suddenly start dropping again? Hope so.
Slow Weave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Hello! Tis me, the 100% not on any diet this weekend girl. I did well during the day, but at night it all went downhill. Started with wine and ended with munchies. DH brought home this nut brittle stuff from his trip and we ate a lot of it. That is basically pure sugar. I decided not to hate myself for it. It is what it is. I am not losing, I am not gaining, but I was enjoying. Anyway, back on the bandwagon today. I am VERY curious to see wether 100% OP for the next few days (after a week or so of increasing carbs & calories and a weekend of blowing it all ridiculously) will result in a drop of any sort.

Glad to hear Calee and Amalia are making progress! Great job -- you are both SO close!!

Slow Weave - not too sure because I started doing my own version of a low carb diet (and my version isn't working). I think with any diet, weight loss is not linear. A few ounces could just be a glass of water. It is the week's average which is generally the best indicator. I have been gaining/losing the same 2 pounds for a month now but since I am not doing IP I am not the best comparison. Keep at it, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised!!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Back at 142 after VERYYY indulgent weekend. Starting working out and putting in carbs more slowly. Basically moving to clean eating - less processed foods - carbs at lunch or earlier - than protein shakes/protein/veggies. We'll see how this goes ... might as well start putting some good carbs back in while I'm overly inflated with chinese ... yummm .... Miss seeing that 139 though. HOpefully it'll be back by next Monday! Did 1 hour on the treadmill (incline walking).

Good luck to you all!!!
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone, it seems like the less we have to lose, the easier it is to get off track isn't it? "ah I'm almost there...this little bit won't hurt..."
but aaah! I've been losing but ever so slowly and I've stuck with it about 99% OP. Haven't been exercising though...should get back to that I guess. Ugh I wish there was an alternative for grilled cheese because I've had this insane craving for it lol

Keep on trucking girls!
Bride2Be310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

I would like to see 139 by next week too :/
Despite my similar overly indulgent weekend and carb craze, I am neither up nor down on the scale. Today is day 2 back on plan. I was kinda hoping that by increasing carbs and calories so much that I would get a nice fat drop after a few days OP (reminiscent of the first week, but smaller) . . . yet I haven't even seen the ounces go down in my favor yet so I am not optimistic!!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 137/136/120

Hello - Just started IP for my wedding in April. I would love to lose 20 pounds and was hoping for some advise. I see that most people lose around 1-2 pounds a week and I would love to know how many weeks of phase one (if I continue to be strict) it will take.
nikkileev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Height: 6'0"

Default Starting IP on Monday

I am starting IP on Monday March 10 (or am trying to schedule an appointment with a counselor at the clinic for my initiation that day). Have 20 pounds to lose. Fattest I've been since my last pregnancy 3 years ago. NEED TO GET MOTIVATED. Don't know why I haven't been able to get in control of my eating . . . really hoping I can get my brain in gear and stick to this diet.
40mom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #253  

Wink Trying to lose the last 15 lbs!!!!!!

I agree losing the last couple of pounds is difficult. It is the culmination of lifestyle change and a change of mentation about food. I do good, follow the IP for about a 1 week or so. Then fall off the wagon.
Funky78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #254  

Funky

I've been on a long plateau. First due to plateauing on IP Phase 1, then due to phasing off to let my metabolism reset.

I'm currently deciding when to restart P1 (I did GREAT on P1 at first by choosing a drop-dead date to begin)

I have about 20 lbs left to go on my WL journey.
It's time!
I'm looking at Monday as my P1 restart date.
That is 10 weeks until Memorial Day! I could potentially be down 10 lbs or more by then, at conservative 1 lb/week
It is 15 weeks until my summer beach vacation.
I could potentially be down 15 lbs or more by then (same conservative 1 lb/week)

I think with my plateau history, it is important to have reasonable expectations for the plan.
We will do this!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-12-2014 at 03:29 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I think with my plateau history, it is important to have reasonable expectations for the plan.
We will do this!
Very very true. I remind myself that we hear of other peoples results daily. My body is and will be different from theirs. We have to be real with ourselves. I have 22 lbs left to go and have gotten very impatient. I like to look at it as a learning time. I really need that. I need it because I have wayyyyyyy too many thoughts of eating the junk I used to eat. I think, oh, when I get to goal I'll have this and that. Obviously my body says, "No Emily, you're going to suck it up in P1 for months more because you still have the wrong mind-set. You can't tell yourself you'll loose 100 lbs and go right back to your old way of eating." Remember how long it took you to put on? For me it was years of eating incorrectly. You got this! Feed your body what the P1 sheet says and you'll get where you need to be!
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote