Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #91  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Emmy8;3971656]I have been on IP for 3 weeks now and had my weigh in today. I'm down 6 lbs. and a loss of 10.75 inches. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. and with the help of this site and it's amazing wealth of information I now feel like I can't possibly fail. I had so many questions, all of which have been answered but no doubt more will crop up! I now know where to go to find the answers.

QUOTE]

You've had great results Emmy! This is a great website. I joined, read everything and started doing IP with alternative products.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #92  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Happy Friday everyone! It's been pretty quiet on here, everyone doing well?? Instead of a good night's sleep and Zumba this morning, the kids were up 3x then up for good at 6, 2 have tummy troubles, 2 have runny noses, 1 is extra whiney. Think we are just going to stay home and rest up. Fingers crossed I avoid whatever it is that they've got!
Coliep, it sounds like you never get any sleep! They say that for weight loss, good sleep is so important. I wonder if that's part of what slows you down a bit?

I haven't read any PB reports lately. Does that mean the jar is still kicked to the curb?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Lol, I do lack sleep a lot but I think that's just how it is with 3 under 4. It's funny, I guess I am losing slowly since people seem to comment about what is "slowing me down" . . . I didn't think my progress was that bad, but I guess I set my expectations too low! PB hasn't been my enemy lately!

DH is planning to bring home Garrett's popcorn, I am hoping to make sure that is not in my mouth. at all. It will be a challenge!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #94  

Calee - you and I are close in terms of current weight and our goal. I know you just switched to IP, but how are you finding your losses? Are you exceeding 2-3 lbs / week so far?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Calee,

Thanks so much! I was actually feeling like I wasn't progressing well until I found this site, especially this particular thread. It helps so much to have good comparisons (such as 20 lbs. or less) because you can judge more easily on how you're really doing.

My mantra: This is a marathon, not a sprint!

There are certain guidelines, so many of which I've learned and read on here, that can be followed that help you stay on track, find new ways to get through a difficult day and in general, make you know your goals are truly attainable.

Asheerie,

I know how you feel, when someone tells you that you look just fine and don't need to lose weight, it then puts you in that defensive mode and that never feels good. My Mom, who is a tiny woman but fries EVERYTHING and I do mean everything but doesn't ever gain weight due to colon issues. She lives two doors down too and though she doesn't mean to, she is my biggest saboteur.. LOL

Mom shows up, in my backyard, carrying a covered plate.

Me: Hi Mom, what do you have there?
Mom: Oh, I had bananas that were going to waste. (I'm thinking waist, not waste) So I made banana beignets for you.
Me: Oh gosh, thanks but I really shouldn't!
Mom: Well yes they're fried but they weren't in the oil long! (I'm not kidding, she said that)
Me: Mom, I need to feel the top of your head because I think I see little horns protruding, you are the devil!

This is the same woman that will steam broccoli then put an entire stick of butter on it to melt. Seriously, not kidding here. I adore the woman and she is my best friend so I told her from the start, don't offer me anything! It has been hard for her, she loves to take care of people which means feeding them. Thankfully, she left for Tennessee for a month to visit her sisters. I am taking care of her house and as I walked through last night, I saw the deep fryer sitting quietly on her countertop. It taunts me I know but I'm stronger than it now!

Good Luck everyone...thanks for the warm welcome!
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #96  

Hmmmm...banana beignets - devilish for sure! You are showing amazing willpower!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Coliep,

Thanks but I think some of it is due to the fact that she's a few states away! I'm trying hard not to allow too many temptations.
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #98  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Hmmmm...banana beignets - devilish for sure! You are showing amazing willpower!
ummmm. beignets! I went to New Orleans for the first time last October to celebrate my 60th birthday. I just stared at Cafe DuMonde because I knew if I went in there the beignets would be in my mouth. I decided my weight loss journey was too important to screw up for those moments of having a party in my mouth.

Good job resisting your mama's homemade banana beignets. I had to laugh about "just a little fried". Kinda like being "just a little pregnant".
Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Hello Ladies,
Just a quick pop in to say hello and that I'm back from our week long vacation at the cottage. I havent weighed myself yet, so I'm not sure how much I've gained kinda nervous to get on the scale again !!

Anyway, I'm back and ready to lose that last 20lbs of weight.

Sorry, I haven't read over all the posts.... I've got a weeks worth of laundry and crap to do and put away.... I'll read over stuff once I get organized.

Karen
Babyblues4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Hello!!
I had weigh in #2 on Friday, down another 3lbs and it is TOM. I can't wait to get my signature!!!
Stay motivated every one
ExPiglet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #101  
Working on the Last 10!

Good Morning,

I'm having a tough go of it this week. I had a good loss last week and tomorrow I weigh in again (at home). From peeking at the scale I can see that I've shed less than a pound. I'm not really that surprised as I'd been in the 150's since March. My body took a big leap to the 140's last week and now it's sitting right there, the way it's always done in the past. The good news is that I was right under 150 on Wednesday and didn't have any bounce back this week, which is usually what happens for me. I see a low number, then gain back a few and stay there for several weeks. I'm encouraged at staying below 150 but now I am so anxious to get to 145 as my next goal. I got a big order from Diet Direct yesterday so now I'll be more in tune with what the actual IP products are. I'm not going to dismay and I'm going to look forward to a great weigh-in the following week.

Do we lose slower because we have less to lose? How do you all deal with stalls?
Old 08-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #102  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPiglet2 View Post
Hello!!
I had weigh in #2 on Friday, down another 3lbs and it is TOM. I can't wait to get my signature!!!
Stay motivated every one
Congratulations!! 3 pounds is fantastic!!! You should be so proud of yourself.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #103  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
H

Anyway, I'm back and ready to lose that last 20lbs of weight.

Karen
Welcome back Karen!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #104  

Calee - I average just about 2 pounds per week (except 6 the first week) and that includes my almost-weekly cheats. I am curious at the rate everyone else is losing as well. I have really only budgeted about 10 more days on IP products but I am still 8 pounds from goal . . . at this rate I won't get there before I need to stop. I was contemplating alternatives or just changing to less restrictive diet in about a week . . . .
Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #105  

Oh, and I do the similar bounce you refer to. I hit a lower weight, then bounce back up a pound or so and stay there for about a week before I see another drop. So maybe 2 days per week I weigh my lowest weight . . .