Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marijaux View Post
Week 4

Going threw ups and downs as everybody else, I suppose. But keeping the faith. I would like to be down to my weight by sept/nov....realistic??? somedays I say yes and a few I say no....

W1 -10, W2 -3, W3 -6, W4 -3.5...
I was hoping the same thing, but I don't think I will make it. Your losses are much better than mine. I think my faulty thyroid is to blame, I take Synthroid, but I don't think it helps a bit.

W1 -6.2 , W2 -1.6 , W3 -3.6

I have not cheated at all and have never used an extra packet, so you can see you are way ahead of me!
Do you exercise? I just walk at a medium pace for 3 miles every other day, my coach said I could keep it up, since I was doing it before I started.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
just have to share this!

Last nite hubby and I went to an outdoor concert. His band was playing one of the sets, so while he was up on stage, I stood with his new co-workers who i have never met before. They had gone to a nearby coffee shop and picked up coffee and big slabs of choc cake. One of them polished off her cake in a matter of seconds, the other one was slowly munching away on hers...anyway, she only managed to get through half of it, then asked her friend if she wanted her left overs otherwise she was going to toss it. Her friend took it from her, then held if under my nose and said (no word of a lie) "DO YOU WANT TO BE THE GARBAGE CAN?". Seriously???? It's obvious that she has no idea who I am and how far we have come...but man, what an eyeopener. I have treated myself like a garbage can all my life, cleaning off my kids plate, my hubbies plate...eating leftovers just so i don't have to throw them out! Harsh! It was one of those moments when you might be utterly offended, but a huge brilliant blinding light bulb goes off in your head!
ummmm, you are a better person than me, I would have shoved it in her face, seriously, how disrespectful!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
ummmm, you are a better person than me, I would have shoved it in her face, seriously, how disrespectful!!!!!!!
That's actually what my hubby said I should have done! (and that's his coworker!)...I think I was just gobsmacked, because it took me (what felt like) a full 20 seconds before I responded to her by just shaking my head.

On a similar note...has anyone noticed how grossed out they get sometimes when watching someone else eat greasy or sugary food? Not ALL foods, but I seriously can't watch anyone eat a hamburger anymore (and I used to love hamburgers!).
Old 07-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #154  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

I find it particularily disgusting when people eat a lot of food, like way more than they should eat in a day, in one sitting. Especially if it's waaaay bad for you. And I get sad too, because those people haven't found it in themselves to lose weight and become healthy yet. Some never will
Old 07-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #155  

So, NSV today.....went out with hubby today, we left around 9:30am, did not pack a bar or anything, at 11am he stops in Racetrac...they know me by name 2-3 52 oz diet pepsi's a day (have had NONE since begining IP 8 days ago, quit cold turkey). He gets a jalapeno (my fav) and a chorizo dog to eat on the way to Publix to order my daughter's birthday cake for tomorrow (Publix buttercream icing is my ALL TIME achille's heel), we get to PUblix...I finally fina rhubarb (allbeit frozen) and he gets a double choco chip cookie sandwich stuffed w/buttercream, they had no celery root, so then we have to go to Sweetbay to look and he asks "Will you be mad at me if I get a lb of fried gizzards?" OMG....killing me, I said, "No, I have to learn to say no." It is now 1pm and I have had no lunch yet...... We get home, eat 1 cup shredded cabbage, 1 cup grilled mushrooms and put the mushrooms in IP Chicken Soup...yummmy.....
Old 07-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
That's actually what my hubby said I should have done! (and that's his coworker!)...I think I was just gobsmacked, because it took me (what felt like) a full 20 seconds before I responded to her by just shaking my head.

On a similar note...has anyone noticed how grossed out they get sometimes when watching someone else eat greasy or sugary food? Not ALL foods, but I seriously can't watch anyone eat a hamburger anymore (and I used to love hamburgers!).
No, I don't want it, but doesn't gross me out..... You are to be commended for acting so mature last night...
Old 07-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #157  

an addition to my NSV.....being with him and seeing what all he ate, made me realize how much I have been eating bad foods, before IP, I would have had all that with him...........
Old 07-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #158  

Warm Cole Slaw.....so, today at lunch, I took 1 cup chopped cabbage, added some WF Honey Mustard and about 2 Tbs water, stirred up and put in microwave for about 45 seconds, not to bad, easier than eating straight up raw. Also bought a grill vegetable griller basket and had grilled mushrooms for lunch, that is my new way to LOVE veggies and not choke them down put them in the IP chicken soup, yummy.. I added seasalt, garlic powder and some minced onion w/virgin olive oil and tossed before I put on grill.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #159  

Height: 5'3"

I'm freaking out! Dunkin donuts put a load of sugar in my ice coffee I didn't notice and took a big gulp. Is it a huge deal I'm panicking over that one stupid sip!?!?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #160  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

so I keep seeing people eating mushrooms on p1. But 'Legumes" are on the no-no list on my sheet :S confused?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #161  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
so I keep seeing people eating mushrooms on p1. But 'Legumes" are on the no-no list on my sheet :S confused?
A legume is a bean. NOUN:
1. A pod, such as that of a pea or bean, that splits into two valves with the seeds attached to one edge of the valves.
Such a pod or seed used as food.
2. A plant of the pea family.

We are allowed beans twice a week, only green and wax beans.
We are allowed mushrooms.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Mushrooms are not legumes. For the purpose of this diet, they are considered a vegetable, (though they are really fungi) and are part of the "select vegetables", so they are not restricted.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #163  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
I'm freaking out! Dunkin donuts put a load of sugar in my ice coffee I didn't notice and took a big gulp. Is it a huge deal I'm panicking over that one stupid sip!?!?
You are okay. You are just programmed to stay on OP. I think you will be fine. No worries.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
I eat tons of mushrooms. Legumes are pulses like lentils, green peas chick peas etc.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #165  

Quote:
Mushrooms are a good veggie on my paper from the IP clinic, and are not a legume.
Closed Thread