Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #91  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Warning – Blue Post (not really all that positive) and I’m looking for either comfort or a kick in the buttocks! (I’m not sure which one I need really.)

I’ve been feeling a little ‘off’ in an emotional way. I hit the 55lb loss mark on Wednesday and I was “meh” about it. I was quite surprised at my reaction as there was no real excitement (I was doing the happy dance at -40 lbs). Within 60 minutes I emailed my bf and asked him if he would still love me if I lost my butt and my boobs went flat (it’s very obvious from his relationship history that he loves BBW’s). Of course he said “yes”…he’s my VIP.


DRUM ROLL: I think I’m actually a little scared of loosing my weight…I had that epiphany and decided to mull over it for a few days. I wasn’t ready to post this yesterday because everyone was so awesomely POSITIVE . All the positivity really did help to read, so thanks. I just didn’t want to be a downer.

I’m shocked, positively shocked…that I’m scared that I’m going to loose all my weight (although at least I’ve identified it). I am scared to give away all my big clothes…I keep thinking “ok Missy, just pack them up in the car and drop them off”…but the pile just gets bigger and bigger and really it doesn’t seem that simple because of my fear. Odd that I needed reassurance from my bf that he’d still love me when I was smaller. These are all emotions that I NEVER EVER thought I’d have to deal with.

I realize this is probably one of those emotional lows that comes with loosing all the excess weight and the estrogen releasing into my body. But to be quite honest I’m flabbergasted with myself!

I’m sorry if I have rained on anyone’s positivity today, but I am utilizing this board to help me through this process and you’re all so great. So I want to be truthful with my successes and my challenges. I hope I’m not coming across as whining (cause really, -55lbs is awesome I know that in my heart, apparently my head hasn’t caught up), I just wanted to share.

Carla
Carla I think you are very normal, I had days when all I wanted to do was put on my old comfy clothing and just stay there. The fortunate thing I have a great friend that said I looked like a bag lady and gave me clothing from sizes 14 to 5. It became exciting again and I cleaned out my closet took everything to good will, you will love this it just makes you realize what a complishment it is. I still have days when I still see me as the old me, and then there are days like today I wearing size 12 pants (that are getting too big) and a tight longsleeved t-shirt that I love cause it has the oilers on it... now that also was a little issue as the guys were looking at my oiler logo and commenting... on the oilers but I could see them on my chest... so that was interesting to experience again... kind of want to say YOHOO my eyes are about 1/2 foot higher??? When I hit this last plateau of mine I kind of felt the same way as you too but you just have to suck it up and move on... I did and I am losing again. Try different things with the diet, I keep going back to the recipes to try something new... that helps a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Ditto about the coffee!! LOL!! LOVE that smell...the taste...not so much!!! I think I'm gonna try your idea tho...sounds like a yummy treat for sure!! Are those Keurig coffee flavors that you purchase? And what flavor syrup do you use? Thx!!
I bought the coffees at Walmart and ground them there. Also have a big bag of raspberry chocolate Second cup coffee. I have english toffee, and caramel, peanut butter and peach right now for syrups.. what I did on the weekend is used my coffee as the water for a chocolate pudding, with ice and caramel syrup through it in my magic bullet and had a thick iced cap for breakfast... it is really good that way. I also have splenda flavored singles for coffee, french vanilla. Enjoy... I also use extracts and had a peppermint one the other day.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #92  
IP Start Date 9/30/13
 
Scofflaw1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 123

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Default

I am SO proud of myself!
two days ago, I really felt down. I was losing weight so slow, and I felt like this diet doesn't work for people who have a smaller amount of weight to lose.
And the Body Fat % charts all told me that I was OBESE. (32% or higher) and it just doesn't seem right...but...I was just in an overall foul mood. I was even going to post this big feel sorry for me post.
But then...I went in for my weigh in...(not even expecting 2 lb loss, being as I weigh myself every day and had been at 147 for 4 DAYS) and lo and behold...I had lost 3.4 lbs, and 1% body fat!
So I guess the moral of the story for me is....I'm going to try to not weigh all week, cuz it just messes with my mind. And the diet DOES work! You just have to be patient...oh and also, for me I find I lose weight one week and inches another...so next week i'm not going to be so hung up on losing weight, but definitely inches, cuz those are what are noticed!
Scofflaw1 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #93  
I know I can
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 394

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheekers View Post
I go to a clinic for the program and my dr doesnt really approve of the diet. She thinks it is messing with my system and wants me to try and get off of it and see what happens. I guess you can get fatty liver from rapid weight loss. She said I should just try to eat healthier but I love this diet and have been so successful. So I'm torn. Do I follow Drs instructions or continue on
I agree with niknak, talk to your doctor VERY SOON and ask her to check the diet out. I know you can have problems with kidney stones, etc. because of the high protein content on this diet. BUT, if you drink TONS of water you should not have a problem.
You do what you need to do but do not jeopardize your health. You need to talk to the doctor.
Watkat is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #94  
Senior Member
 
brandam6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 240

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

WI yesterday, -3.2 lbs! That makes up to my two weeks of gains and then some.

My husband and I decided to go to Vegas for our 15th anniversary next month. I am really excited as we have never went anywhere like this before. We have only spent one night away with out the kids, and I think that was about 9 or 10 years ago.

Have a great weekend everyone!
brandam6 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #95  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNcurls View Post
Ok...so I got a little reprimanded on the "veggie struggle" forum last night when I asked about the occasional V8 for veggie nutrients. I haven't done it yet...I was just looking for opinions. I am 100% committed to IP and staying OP but I'm really struggling with the veggies each day. I guess I find it tricky because I miss creamy, savoury foods and I can't tolerate many of the IP packets on their own. I also don't really care for sweets and find the more tolerable packages (drinks and puddings) a little too sweet. I'm not a person that can eat the same thing for the next few months...let alone the next few days.

I'm looking for advice on what my shopping list should consist of. I've seen a lot of good recipes on here to make the packets and the veggies more interesting. I'm wondering if anyone has a shopping list that they are willing to share...ideally, the staples I should have in my fridge to make it a little easier to stay OP. I find myself having to run out after getting home from work to grab a few things...just to do it all over again a couple days later because I forgot something or I found another recipe.

Veggies, imitation flavours, spices...anything! THANKS!
I shop a couple of times a week for veg. I have in my fridge most always... cilantro (I buy about 4 bunches every time as I make a pesto type sauce I use for just about every meat I cook.) zucchini, kale, cauliflower, peppers. Lettuce and cucumbers and onions. And now I add Kohlrabi when I can find it. I make Fries out of kohlrabi with a little bbq spice (mix chili powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and a little splenda)... I also use this when I make kale chips. I also suggest you might try celery root, you peel it cut it up and boil it, then you puree it and it might be the creamyness you are missing. I have also made rice out of my cauliflower. and I love roasting all these veg together. I have also tried daikon chips and radish chips you really have to play to see what tastes good for you... Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
I am SO proud of myself!
two days ago, I really felt down. I was losing weight so slow, and I felt like this diet doesn't work for people who have a smaller amount of weight to lose.
And the Body Fat % charts all told me that I was OBESE. (32% or higher) and it just doesn't seem right...but...I was just in an overall foul mood. I was even going to post this big feel sorry for me post.
But then...I went in for my weigh in...(not even expecting 2 lb loss, being as I weigh myself every day and had been at 147 for 4 DAYS) and lo and behold...I had lost 3.4 lbs, and 1% body fat!
So I guess the moral of the story for me is....I'm going to try to not weigh all week, cuz it just messes with my mind. And the diet DOES work! You just have to be patient...oh and also, for me I find I lose weight one week and inches another...so next week i'm not going to be so hung up on losing weight, but definitely inches, cuz those are what are noticed!
You know I keep saying I couldn't weigh in every day as I get down if I haven't lost anything... I know just leave it up to my coach... but I do measure as my coach doesn't measure in all the places you should... doesnt do my neck (anymore) my sterum, my calves, or my ankles.. I think if you are fine with knowing that there may be no losses every day and accept that it is fine to weigh yourself every day. I get bent out of shape when I gain so I really really try to stay away.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #96  
Senior Member
 
niknakjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusettes, The Beautiful Berkshires
Posts: 151

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNcurls View Post
Ok...so I got a little reprimanded on the "veggie struggle" forum last night when I asked about the occasional V8 for veggie nutrients. I haven't done it yet...I was just looking for opinions. I am 100% committed to IP and staying OP but I'm really struggling with the veggies each day. I guess I find it tricky because I miss creamy, savoury foods and I can't tolerate many of the IP packets on their own. I also don't really care for sweets and find the more tolerable packages (drinks and puddings) a little too sweet. I'm not a person that can eat the same thing for the next few months...let alone the next few days.

I'm looking for advice on what my shopping list should consist of. I've seen a lot of good recipes on here to make the packets and the veggies more interesting. I'm wondering if anyone has a shopping list that they are willing to share...ideally, the staples I should have in my fridge to make it a little easier to stay OP. I find myself having to run out after getting home from work to grab a few things...just to do it all over again a couple days later because I forgot something or I found another recipe.

Veggies, imitation flavours, spices...anything! THANKS!
I never had veggies in my house before doing IP and had a very small list if what I liked. I learned to defiantly season veggies they are so much better. ROASTING veggies has changed my life. I would buy 1-2 cauliflowers, 4-5 lg bunches of broccoli, 1 red pepper, 2 fennels, 12 brussels sprouts, 2 tomatoes, 2 yellow squash, 1 zucchini
clean and cut up all veggies preheat oven to 375
I do one whole sheet pan of broccoli, mix w/ a slight bit of extra virgin olive oil and season well, onion powder, pepper, sea salt and whatever other seasonings you like bake for 10-12 minutes mix up and bake for another 10 minutes.
next i do an entire sheet pan of cauliflower the same as the broccoli, but this I cook a bit longer 12-14 minutes then toss around and bake another 13 minutes.
for the softer veggies i season the same way but cook for less time because they can get mushy if you overcook.
never liked brussel sprouts till I tried them like this they are delish, you can cook these for the same time as broccoli
As for the asparagus I sauté in a hot pan w/a bit of extra virgin olive oil sea salt, pepper and onion powder till nice and tender keep an eye on these and keep moving them around in the pan, I like them to be a bit al dante.
Yellow squash and zucchini are phenomenal on the grill, add you seasonings too and EVOO.

Now I know it seems like a lot but I do this 2 times a week eat hot from oven first night then store in fridge and eat roasted veggies or roasted veggie salads for the week. Some times I just re heat the squash and zucchini and eat on a plate.
The asparagus I munch on straight from the fridge.
1 roasted red pepper is also good chopped up on my salads for a few days.

I also use the roasted broccoli and cauliflower in the leek and chicken soups really yummy.

sometimes I just blanch my broccoli quickly in hot h2o, give nice color and better texture then you can add to chicken broth w/garlic and basil for a snack. I also use the blanched broccoli in my salads.

It defiantly helps to be prepared and not caught off guard, then its super easy to fix up salads and veggies for the next couple of days w/o worry.

Hope this helps you good luck to you!
niknakjack is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #97  
Senior Member
 
pselias's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 320

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Default

Survived FIL's 60th b-day party last night. I was expecting to have to pay big $ for a tiny plate of lettuce. However, I ended up eating a tasty buffalo burger with pickles sans bun. YUM-O. For those of you not familiar with buffalo/bison meat, it's much leaner than beef.
pselias is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #98  
Senior Member
 
niknakjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusettes, The Beautiful Berkshires
Posts: 151

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Let me start off with I don't like coffee unless there is so much cream and sugar you can't taste the coffee... I love the smell of it. Well lately I have been craving ICED coffee with a shot of Davinci syrup... so now I make my coffee (rasp chocolate, or cinnamon hazelnut) and put it in the fridge to chill then when I get home from work have it with ice and the syrup... that is my little treat to myself. I like the bbq sauce too went to the store and they had so many new things I forgot to buy the bbq sauce... sigh.
I chill 10oz. coffee overnight then in the am I mix the coffee with a packet of chocolate drink, I use immersion blender so i don't get clumps. Add to ice its delish.
niknakjack is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #99  
Senior Member
 
Ishbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,468

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default

Thank you brandam6, joseyM, brummie, disgal, 2riderrollercoast...amazingly enough, you all brought tears to my eyes...DEFINATELLY having an emotional moment and had to call my older sister...LOL

I'll work on this, I know it will pass - I'll referr to your posts when it happens again ...I've made an appointment for a pedicure for 4:30 today to make me feel better and VIP is taking me out for supper. (he's not sure what to do with me, LOL but he has told me I have to finish it).



Ishbel is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #100  
Member
 
ExPiglet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 47

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Here is the pudding cake recipe:
Thank you so much!!!!
sounds yummy, gonna try making them tonight
ExPiglet2 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #101  
Member
 
ExPiglet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 47

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petie View Post
Or this one.
5 oz Extra Lean Ground Beef
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1/4 c finely chopped dill pickles
3/4 c finely shredded iceberg lettuce
1 - 2 tbsp WF Thousand Island Dressing


Directions:

Cook up extra lean ground beef, drain fat and return to pan and add seasonings of choice (I used garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash, salt & pepper).

Remove beef from heat & mix in WF Thousand Island Dressing, pickles & onion

Spread lettuce on plate, add beef mixture on top.
awesome! thanks, gonn try this with ground turkey
ExPiglet2 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #102  
Senior Member
 
petie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 138

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Warning – Blue Post (not really all that positive) and I’m looking for either comfort or a kick in the buttocks! (I’m not sure which one I need really.)

I’ve been feeling a little ‘off’ in an emotional way. I hit the 55lb loss mark on Wednesday and I was “meh” about it. I was quite surprised at my reaction as there was no real excitement (I was doing the happy dance at -40 lbs). Within 60 minutes I emailed my bf and asked him if he would still love me if I lost my butt and my boobs went flat (it’s very obvious from his relationship history that he loves BBW’s). Of course he said “yes”…he’s my VIP.


DRUM ROLL: I think I’m actually a little scared of loosing my weight…I had that epiphany and decided to mull over it for a few days. I wasn’t ready to post this yesterday because everyone was so awesomely POSITIVE . All the positivity really did help to read, so thanks. I just didn’t want to be a downer.

I’m shocked, positively shocked…that I’m scared that I’m going to loose all my weight (although at least I’ve identified it). I am scared to give away all my big clothes…I keep thinking “ok Missy, just pack them up in the car and drop them off”…but the pile just gets bigger and bigger and really it doesn’t seem that simple because of my fear. Odd that I needed reassurance from my bf that he’d still love me when I was smaller. These are all emotions that I NEVER EVER thought I’d have to deal with.

I realize this is probably one of those emotional lows that comes with loosing all the excess weight and the estrogen releasing into my body. But to be quite honest I’m flabbergasted with myself!

I’m sorry if I have rained on anyone’s positivity today, but I am utilizing this board to help me through this process and you’re all so great. So I want to be truthful with my successes and my challenges. I hope I’m not coming across as whining (cause really, -55lbs is awesome I know that in my heart, apparently my head hasn’t caught up), I just wanted to share.

Carla
You're not a downer. and how beautiful that you can envision your feelings so clearly. I'm thinking there's been a point or will be a point of doubt/fear for all of us. I'm encouraged for myself that you've said it out loud. I could recommend a glass of water but somehow see myself wearing it.
Better and Better.
petie is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #103  
Started IP 2/25/2011...
Thread Starter
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 38°53N 77°07W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
I am not crazy guys, this went to an earlier posts, I forgot to quote it....it was about trying to use a hanger to zip her dress up in the back then she realized she didn't have a hole at the top of the zipper.....sorry p:
thanks! it was me...
Pxlkitty4 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #104  
Senior Member
 
M0vingon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 572

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hello all of the Great People on this site, Hope everyone is staying OP and has had an awesome week! Today is my BIG day....Graduating from College!!...its been a LONG 2 years but well worth it. I haven't seen my class mates in over 2 months because I finished before everyone else. I am super excited to see everyone and to see if they notice a difference in me. I had my caramel bar for breakfast this morning so I am ready for my day! My family is coming into town should be here in a few hours. Everyone have a GREAT day!!!!
Congrats! Enjoy your day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I love my IP packets and saw someone say the New Lifestyle packets are exactly the same. I went to the site and they have an introductory special for 19.99 for a sampler of packets. I'm not giving up IP and my coach but would like to have a little cushion of extra packets around. Has anyone done this New Lifestyle special at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Warning – Blue Post (not really all that positive) and I’m looking for either comfort or a kick in the buttocks! (I’m not sure which one I need really.)

I’ve been feeling a little ‘off’ in an emotional way. I hit the 55lb loss mark on Wednesday and I was “meh” about it. I was quite surprised at my reaction as there was no real excitement (I was doing the happy dance at -40 lbs). Within 60 minutes I emailed my bf and asked him if he would still love me if I lost my butt and my boobs went flat (it’s very obvious from his relationship history that he loves BBW’s). Of course he said “yes”…he’s my VIP.


DRUM ROLL: I think I’m actually a little scared of loosing my weight…I had that epiphany and decided to mull over it for a few days. I wasn’t ready to post this yesterday because everyone was so awesomely POSITIVE . All the positivity really did help to read, so thanks. I just didn’t want to be a downer.

I’m shocked, positively shocked…that I’m scared that I’m going to loose all my weight (although at least I’ve identified it). I am scared to give away all my big clothes…I keep thinking “ok Missy, just pack them up in the car and drop them off”…but the pile just gets bigger and bigger and really it doesn’t seem that simple because of my fear. Odd that I needed reassurance from my bf that he’d still love me when I was smaller. These are all emotions that I NEVER EVER thought I’d have to deal with.

I realize this is probably one of those emotional lows that comes with loosing all the excess weight and the estrogen releasing into my body. But to be quite honest I’m flabbergasted with myself!

I’m sorry if I have rained on anyone’s positivity today, but I am utilizing this board to help me through this process and you’re all so great. So I want to be truthful with my successes and my challenges. I hope I’m not coming across as whining (cause really, -55lbs is awesome I know that in my heart, apparently my head hasn’t caught up), I just wanted to share.

Carla
Carla, I think we all have that fear of losing weight. It may be rooted in different issues for each one of us, but we all bump into it during the process. I have huge fear of gaining back and of hating how my body looks when I'm done. Not that I loved it when i was heavy, but I didn't have to feel like I'd put in a bunch of work for a result that still didn't please me. Heck, i deal with those thoughts daily.

You know what's lurking there and you're talking about it. You'll pull through it and we'll be here with you.

Happy Friday! I'm loving my Fridays off. I went shopping today and bought a few things to get me through the next few weeks/months/however long it takes. I needed seomthing to wear to a wedding shower tomorrow, so I picked uo some new capris and a couple of tops. The pants were a 12- which is a size I haven't worn in at least 15 years. They are a bit snug, but not obscene and they'll fit for a while.

Yesterday I called the Dr's office for the results of my lab work. At my last physical, my Dr was threatening to put me on cholesterol meds because high cholesterol runs in the family and my total was 5.8. 6.0 is when she starts pushing for meds. This year my total choesterol is 4.39 (169 with the U.S. measure). I was so thrilled.

So, I got new clothes and a healthier body. Really, you can't beat that
M0vingon is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #105  
Senior Member
 
JoseyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

FEELING LIKE I CHEATED...but didn't! Looks like hardly anyone is online....hmmmm, I am married, two kids, this is Friday night excitement. Anyway, just had a 6 oz burger, grilled (added a McKormic spice pack that comes with the little tubs measured out- NO sugar added to them- 6 spice combo, it was Mexican Cassarole), grilled portabella mushrooms w/seasalt, chopped garlic, spray butter, and a cucumber. OMG...HEAVEN...red meat, did not have to "choke" anything down, was licking the plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JoseyM is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat- Thursday, July 21 M0vingon Ideal Protein Diet 101 07-22-2011 08:44 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.