Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #196  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Hope everyone is having a good OP weekend. After taking a short break while my brother visited, I am back on board. I tried to make smart eating choices for all the times we ate out, and only gained back 2 lbs. So in some small way I count that as a NSV.

PXLKitty, you mentioned a web site where you found your "little black dress". Can you reply with the name again?
Old 07-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Great day for me today. Had my weigh in and have hit my 15 lbs lost mark. I am totally ecstatic. I still have one more week in July to go and hope to be down another couple of pounds before the month is said and done. I am so happy today and wanted to share it with all my partners in crime on this forum
Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #198  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Default Sending prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I need some prayers and some strength to be strong. My great grandma will be 100 on the 7th of August and took a turn for the worst yesterday. She's been in her own home until about 6 months ago when she went to the nursing home. I went to see her yesterday and then again this morning and she was much worse today. We are a super close family and although she's had a wonderful long life it's hard to let her go. I'm a mess!

How very blessed you are to have had her for such a long time, and she is blessed to have a loving and supportive family. This is a hard time for all of you, and I send you best wishes for strength at this difficult time.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChynaKC View Post
I cook these all the time. This is my way: I cut the turnip into pieces the size of french fries. Toss with olive oil and sea salt. Then bake on 400 until soft. About 20 min.
I'm not sure what the recipes on here say. This is just my way.
I toss them with evoo, sea salt and chili powder and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, turning them 1/2 way through.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I need some prayers and some strength to be strong. My great grandma will be 100 on the 7th of August and took a turn for the worst yesterday. She's been in her own home until about 6 months ago when she went to the nursing home. I went to see her yesterday and then again this morning and she was much worse today. We are a super close family and although she's had a wonderful long life it's hard to let her go. I'm a mess!
I wish you and your great grandma peace for however it's meant to be.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #201  
Started IP 6/20/11

S/C/G: 258/246/158

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
ChynaKC, are they sweet? I baked in microwave like a potato the other day.... do they ever crisp up?

They are a little sweet. I've never gotten them to crisp but I'm sure its possible if you cook longer and on a higher temperature....I've never tried it in the microwave though. I like them with the WF thousand island as a dip or WF ranch mixed with Hidden Valley ranch packet.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #202  
Started IP 6/20/11

S/C/G: 258/246/158

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
I toss them with evoo, sea salt and chili powder and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, turning them 1/2 way through.
The chili powder sounds good!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #203  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
That's exactly how I make them!!
Quote:
I like them with the WF thousand island as a dip or WF ranch mixed with Hidden Valley ranch packet.
Ooooh!! I need to try that!! Thanks!!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #204  
Marijaux

S/C/G: 229/229/155

Height: 5 feet 10

Default nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefireresides View Post
I have ton of ups and downs as well....

I have a question for you... on any other diet... have you seen these type of results?

While I am not reaching my goal as soon as I would like, I have never seen results like this and I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as success is going to feel once I am rocking that bikini on one of my winter get away trips!!!

Keep the faith... this diet works ! I hope you have a wonderful OP weekend!

Congrats on the weight lost to date!!! You are well on your way to achieving your goal!
Thank you for sharing with me...
I have only once before lost this much weight. It was in 2003...after my divorce. I did it on my own back then,very similar to IP though....only protein and salads...(so I found out later that it was called South beach diet...lol).
I gained all the weight back in 2009 after quiting smoking and meds that made me gain weight.... now both of these problems are WAY OUT of my system....
I do appreciate IP so very much....I see, I feel, I know the changes I'm going threw...and I know I will reach my goal.....
Old 07-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Finally got my husband to join me on this diet. He will be doing alternative because we can barely afford for me to be on. I have to supplement 1 EAS shake a day to be able to continue but money is getting really tight. Especially with the heat and my electric bill. So I found a nutrition center that sells some alternative stuff (called balanced protein diet, also have proti-diet stuff). I think even though they have less protein and higher carbs in some of them it will still be better than the crap he normally eats. First dinner meal I'll be making him is big mac in a bowl!!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #206  
Marijaux

S/C/G: 229/229/155

Height: 5 feet 10

Default exercice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I was hoping the same thing, but I don't think I will make it. Your losses are much better than mine. I think my faulty thyroid is to blame, I take Synthroid, but I don't think it helps a bit.

W1 -6.2 , W2 -1.6 , W3 -3.6

I have not cheated at all and have never used an extra packet, so you can see you are way ahead of me!
Do you exercise? I just walk at a medium pace for 3 miles every other day, my coach said I could keep it up, since I was doing it before I started.
I fallow IP to the letter, I walk every day. While in week 2, I did a big cardio session, sweating a lot. Bad idea, I ended up gaining for 3 days after that. I should start up light body building soon...so will see... but you are doing good too..... you loose an average of 3.8 lbs per week,that is pretty good. Keep it up....
Old 07-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #207  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpnew View Post
Hope everyone is having a good OP weekend. After taking a short break while my brother visited, I am back on board. I tried to make smart eating choices for all the times we ate out, and only gained back 2 lbs. So in some small way I count that as a NSV.

PXLKitty, you mentioned a web site where you found your "little black dress". Can you reply with the name again?
Sure! It's 6pm.com, and here is the dress I got. 6pm.com is like clearance zappos. You have to pay for shipping (including if you don't like it, you pay for shipping back). But, sometimes you can find shoes, etc (if you are lucky and they have your size) for crazy cheap.

http://www.6pm.com/nicole-miller-rou...k-sheath-dress

The price keeps bouncing around like crazy. If you find something that you like and it's a crazy good price, I suggest buying it. I got this one for $100... I tried it on about 10lbs ago, and it fit but was quite snug. Maybe time to try it on again??? Hm....
Old 07-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Hang in there. She knows she has had a long, happy life, and a loving family. Just spend as much time with her as you can, cherish every moment. Many prayers your way, and don't forget to say, I love you.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #209  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
They are a little sweet. I've never gotten them to crisp but I'm sure its possible if you cook longer and on a higher temperature....I've never tried it in the microwave though. I like them with the WF thousand island as a dip or WF ranch mixed with Hidden Valley ranch packet.
How do you like the WF ranch with a HV packet? Do you like the WF ranch alone? I've heard so many bad things about WF ranch I've been scared to buy it. I did the WF mayo with a HV packet and it was awful! I'd love to have a ranch I like though as it's always been my go to dressing and I am tired of italian and thousand island.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #210  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Sure! It's 6pm.com, and here is the dress I got. 6pm.com is like clearance zappos. You have to pay for shipping (including if you don't like it, you pay for shipping back). But, sometimes you can find shoes, etc (if you are lucky and they have your size) for crazy cheap.

http://www.6pm.com/nicole-miller-rou...k-sheath-dress

The price keeps bouncing around like crazy. If you find something that you like and it's a crazy good price, I suggest buying it. I got this one for $100... I tried it on about 10lbs ago, and it fit but was quite snug. Maybe time to try it on again??? Hm....
Cute dress. I say try it on! And let us know how it fits! I've never heard of that site. Thanks for the info.
Closed Thread