Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #121  
started 2/22/11
 
disgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA, USA (but in my mind....DISNEY WORLD)!!
Posts: 493

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
FEELING LIKE I CHEATED...but didn't! Looks like hardly anyone is online....hmmmm, I am married, two kids, this is Friday night excitement. Anyway, just had a 6 oz burger, grilled (added a McKormic spice pack that comes with the little tubs measured out- NO sugar added to them- 6 spice combo, it was Mexican Cassarole), grilled portabella mushrooms w/seasalt, chopped garlic, spray butter, and a cucumber. OMG...HEAVEN...red meat, did not have to "choke" anything down, was licking the plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmmm....sounds delish!! I think I will have to try some of those "spice packs"!!

Just back from a 50th Wedding Anniv party....and I stayed OP!! Woot woot!! Life is good!!

Last edited by disgal; 07-23-2011 at 07:23 AM.
disgal is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #122  
Senior Member
 
petie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 138

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I am in my 2nd week of "stay off the scale challenge". I am too emotional to handle the everyday ups and downs of weight fluctuation. If it goes up or doesn't go down, I am in a bad mood all day. So, last week, I really had to force myself to stay off of the scale and only weigh myself on WI day. Even though it was hard, it payed off because I was a lot less stressed about it. I have also started to go to the kitchen and drinking a big glass of water immediately upon waking. This way, even if I wanted to step on the scale, the number wouldn't be right. That has really helped If you can, try and stay off that scale.
OMG, me too. I'm at 6 days of an "off the scales" pledge. Wasn't shooting for 2 weeks. Think I will now. Thanks.
petie is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #123  
Senior Member
 
niknakjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusettes, The Beautiful Berkshires
Posts: 151

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Default New Lifestyle Diet

Hi everyone, I've been reading a lot of posts about this diet and their foods...sure they carry the same types of foods but they are NOT at all similar to IP foods. They cost less money for a reason. Lesser quality ingredients and they have corn syrup in them.

Corn syrup, corn syrup solids and High Fructose Corn syrup are all made from corn, bottom line, are all sugar. Because there sugar there damaging to your health. Just because sugar is so damaging.
Each of these ingredients will give you cravings for more sugar, foods that list these ingredients as one of there top 4 ingredients are overeating traps. These ingredients interfere with a hormone that tells your brain that your full. Therefore its common to over eat foods that contain corn syrup.

IP pudding 18-20 grams protein, also remember these products have the best quality protein you can get on the market your body actually assimilates nearly all of the protein in IP products others might say 20grams protein but your body only assimilates 10grams or less of that protein.

New Lifestyle Diet pudding 12grams protein

IP Puddings 90-110 calories

NLD puddings 90

IP fat 0-1

NLD fat 2

IP Carbs 2-3

NLD carbs 6

IP sugar 0

NLD sugar 3

IP sodium 160mg

NLD sodium 210 mg

This is just one example from the New Lifestyle Diet website, the ingredients got worse the more products I looked at.

Keep in mind that IP is scientifically proven to work w/the products and importantly the supplements and sea salt. Then they teach you how NOT to gain the weight back other diets leave you hanging and therefore you go back to old routines and regain the weight.

Please, please just do your research if you think about changing or even using other products during your diet.
niknakjack is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #124  
started 2/22/11
 
disgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA, USA (but in my mind....DISNEY WORLD)!!
Posts: 493

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
one of the ladies told me about bbq spice she uses so now I do that.
2RIDE....I have been searching for a bbq spice....could you please let us know what the name of yours is (and possibly where you found it? Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
I would love to know how you do your zuchinnin in ribbons? do you use a special tool?
Me too please!!! I LOVE my zucchini!!!!!:carrot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
NSV this week I had a job interview this past monday and I fit into a suit i have not seen in two years. I love this suit its white and very stylish. My interviewer even complimented me on it. I am 2 lbs away from loosing 15 lbs. I am so looking forward to that threshold. weigh in tomorrow so lets see how it goes. i have a week till the end of July and my goal is to achieve the 15 lbs mark by then
AWESOME NSV! What a great feeling!!! Yay for you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I am in my 2nd week of "stay off the scale challenge". I am too emotional to handle the everyday ups and downs of weight fluctuation. If it goes up or doesn't go down, I am in a bad mood all day. So, last week, I really had to force myself to stay off of the scale and only weigh myself on WI day. Even though it was hard, it payed off because I was a lot less stressed about it. I have also started to go to the kitchen and drinking a big glass of water immediately upon waking. This way, even if I wanted to step on the scale, the number wouldn't be right. That has really helped If you can, try and stay off that scale.
Haha!! I WISH I could stay off that scale!!! Once a day in the morning....that's me.....hmmmmm....I might have to challenge myself!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie View Post
OMG, me too. I'm at 6 days of an "off the scales" pledge. Wasn't shooting for 2 weeks. Think I will now. Thanks.
WOW!! Another amazing, strong soul!! You people ROCK!!!
disgal is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #125  
Senior Member
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoFla
Posts: 1,366

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Default

Haha! It is REALLY hard, but I found that by not getting on the scale, I am putting my faith in the program. I am 100% OP and I know that the plan will take care of itself and I do not want to stress out about it

I will admit, I am now 3 days into my 2nd week and it does seem to be getting easier to fight the urge to step on the scale 1st thing in the am.
jennydoodle is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #126  
Started IP 2/25/2011...
Thread Starter
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3853N 7707W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignsupernova View Post
*sigh*

Week five weigh in was this morning. I did not lose a pound. I did, however, go down an inch (half inch in my waist and half in my hips). I have been um..backed up so I bought the NoviLax. I am really discouraged right now because I did really well last week (despite the stomach virus and the crackers which had the same carbs as a restricted).
Week five is brutal for a lot of people. I thik it's the body's way of saying "woah - what is going on?"... I slowed down about week 6, and my coach said at that point that she was surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Hang in there... Some weeks it's pound, some it's inches... some it's both. It will all come off in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
So... my brilliant "I'll use a drycleaner hanger to help me pull the zipper of my dress up all by myself" idea fell flat on its head when I realized that my fantastic new dress doesn't have a hole in the zipper pull. Sigh... After about 5 minutes, I managed to push it far enough up my back that I could reach it from above... I was late to work because of it... Happy Friday everyone!
So... meeting was barely attended by anyone I know in the office as most people are out at client sites. Someone I haven't seen for a few months did notice, and he said "have you lost weight? you look great!" so that made me feel good. I ended up wearing it out to dinner with hubby (we got a babysitter - yay!), and he said a few times that I looked really good. So, success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I weighed myself this morning, had another pound loss and officially passed from "obese" to "overweight" which was my next mini-goal. I can't believe how fast this diet works.
Congratulations! I remember this milestone, and now I'm a few pounds away from being "normal" BMI. Can you believe it? This program really does work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Today is my BIG day....Graduating from College!!...its been a LONG 2 years but well worth it.
Congratulations!! Please let us know how it went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriab View Post
Today begins my first weekend on IP and I'm a bit nervous. It's too hot out side to stay busy there so closets watch out. I will be a cleaning fool if I start to think of food. I have a birthday party tomorrow morning but I'm sure I can be strong. I love cake as much as the next person but I hate the way that my jeans fit MUCH more than I love that cake.
You have the right attitude. When people ask me what I miss most, I tell them "Actually, what I don't miss is that piece of my stomach that the seatbelt used to sink into." That gets 'em to be quiet every single time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
I think I understand. I am not as excited as I was in the beginning, I think the newness kinda of wears off.

I also understand being scared. I think I am scared of being done. I don't like change and going to to maintenance scares me.

And get rid of those clothes. At least put them where you won't see them.
I agree. Get rid of the clothes... Don't buy stretchy things that can let you live in denial of gaining a few pounds. I've had the same thoughts "I'm close enough." "I don't look TOO bad anymore"... Then, I snapped to it.

I am going to commit even more to get to the finish line. Then I'm going to live this program. I now have the power to control my cravings and not be a slave to food. I will NOT go back to how I was before. Having the knowledge gives me the power. It is up to me to make it work... And... this is quoted a lot, but I like it. "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."
Pxlkitty4 is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #127  
Senior Member
 
justamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 108

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default

I have worked the last 4 nights and seem to do better when I am working. Now off for 3. Determined that I will stay OP and keep focused. Definitely no shopping when I am hungry. Everything calls my name then!
justamom is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #128  
Senior Member
 
justamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 108

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Looking forward to hearing how wuv's graduation went. I am sure her classmates were surprised! In a good way of course!
justamom is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #129  
Senior Member
 
M0vingon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 572

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakjack View Post
Hi everyone, I've been reading a lot of posts about this diet and their foods...sure they carry the same types of foods but they are NOT at all similar to IP foods. They cost less money for a reason. Lesser quality ingredients and they have corn syrup in them.

Corn syrup, corn syrup solids and High Fructose Corn syrup are all made from corn, bottom line, are all sugar. Because there sugar there damaging to your health. Just because sugar is so damaging.
Each of these ingredients will give you cravings for more sugar, foods that list these ingredients as one of there top 4 ingredients are overeating traps. These ingredients interfere with a hormone that tells your brain that your full. Therefore its common to over eat foods that contain corn syrup.

IP pudding 18-20 grams protein, also remember these products have the best quality protein you can get on the market your body actually assimilates nearly all of the protein in IP products others might say 20grams protein but your body only assimilates 10grams or less of that protein.

New Lifestyle Diet pudding 12grams protein

IP Puddings 90-110 calories

NLD puddings 90

IP fat 0-1

NLD fat 2

IP Carbs 2-3

NLD carbs 6

IP sugar 0

NLD sugar 3

IP sodium 160mg

NLD sodium 210 mg

This is just one example from the New Lifestyle Diet website, the ingredients got worse the more products I looked at.

Keep in mind that IP is scientifically proven to work w/the products and importantly the supplements and sea salt. Then they teach you how NOT to gain the weight back other diets leave you hanging and therefore you go back to old routines and regain the weight.

Please, please just do your research if you think about changing or even using other products during your diet.
Many of us use alternatives- or switch to them midstream and are doing just fine. I do agree that New Lifestyle wouldn't be my first choice for products. IMO, Lindora (I've never tried), Protidiet and Protithin are a better fit with this plan. I've read that some of the Protithin products are the same as IP equivalents down to the serial numbers on the packages. But yes, it's important to be aware of the types of sweeteners in the products as they may impact the rate of weight loss. On a side note, some IP products do, in fact have sugar in them- restricted items that have chocolate coating always have some sugar.
There is a fabulous spreadsheet comparing alternatives in the "alternatives" sticky at the top of the page. I highly recommend using it to make an informed decision about alternatives.
M0vingon is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #130  
Senior Member
 
JoseyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Haha! It is REALLY hard, but I found that by not getting on the scale, I am putting my faith in the program. I am 100% OP and I know that the plan will take care of itself and I do not want to stress out about it

I will admit, I am now 3 days into my 2nd week and it does seem to be getting easier to fight the urge to step on the scale 1st thing in the am.
How often do you weigh in with your dr./coach? Just wondering how long you go before knowing what you have lost...
JoseyM is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #131  
Senior Member
 
JoseyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamom View Post
Looking forward to hearing how wuv's graduation went. I am sure her classmates were surprised! In a good way of course!
Me too...she is my buddy texted her some yesterday....after my weigh in....... she is awesome and sooooooo positive!!
JoseyM is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #132  
Senior Member
 
JoseyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
NSV this week I had a job interview this past monday and I fit into a suit i have not seen in two years. I love this suit its white and very stylish. My interviewer even complimented me on it. I am 2 lbs away from loosing 15 lbs. I am so looking forward to that threshold. weigh in tomorrow so lets see how it goes. i have a week till the end of July and my goal is to achieve the 15 lbs mark by then
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Doesn't it feel AWESOME Good luck with the interview!!
JoseyM is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #133  
Senior Member
 
leganegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 441

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurzy View Post
good question, im going to post a similar question.. hopefully we;ll get some answers!
Yes, I noticed a slow when I ate red meat. I am going to try and only have it once a week.
leganegan is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #134  
Senior Member
 
ItsAboutTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,530

Height: 5'4"

Default

Good morning. I had the choc pancake muffins this morning and the first bite was horrible. Not sure what I was expecting. After they they got better and better. I enjoyed eating breakfast rather than drinking it but it didn't last as long so I hope I'm not hungry way sooner.

I've had the worst charlie horses in my legs the past few nights. Last night it was one in each. OUCH!

I have some questions about phase II. You are still supposed to lose in that phase right? That is why you only have to go to 90%. Should I go 5 over 90% then for the cushion or is it Phase III where you need to have the 5 pound cushion? Also, can I still have the shake and veggies on days when I don't have time to pack a bigger lunch or just don't want meat at lunch? I can see myself doing the shake for breakfast many days on maintenance also because it's so easy for someone on the go early in the morning like me. Is that ok? I would add a piece of fruit or something at my morning break but I have never been one to have big breakfasts during the week. Can I do that? Thanks!
ItsAboutTime is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #135  
I know I can
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 394

Default

You need to take another potssium for the cramps. We are allowed too if we start cramping.
All of the Phases are listed on the first highlighted title on the sticky. Go down the page and you will see Jordana's pdf files for all four of the phases.
My coach gave me all 4 phases when I started.
Watkat is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat- Thursday, July 21 M0vingon Ideal Protein Diet 101 07-22-2011 08:44 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.