Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Any ideas for Maple Flavoured Oatmeal, i would like to make a big cookie out of it, but not sure what to add to it?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #347  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinGal View Post
Any ideas for Maple Flavoured Oatmeal, i would like to make a big cookie out of it, but not sure what to add to it?
There is a cookie recipe on this site.
http://laportewellness.com/custom_co...8_recipes.html
Old 04-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #348  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
I am in love with the potato puree! I'm still working out the kinks, but here is what I've had for lunch the past two days:

Veggie Croquette
-2 cups of veggies roughly chopped. I used mushrooms, broccoli, and cauliflower. I'm sure spinach, red peppers, whatever you like would be good as well.
-1 Packet of the Potato Puree
-Little bit of olive oil. It's my weakness, so I use a little less than a tblspoon. Probably don't need that much!

Directions:
Heat the oil in the pan and sautee the veggies. I like to wait until they all get a little brown.
While that's going, I mixe the Potato Puree with 3 oz of water and lots of spices. I use onion, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Anything you like would be good.
Once the veggies are cooked to your liking, push them in the middle of the pan and make a circle. Pour the potato mix over the veggies and cook it like a pancake. Flip it over and get both sides brown. The side will stay soft and yummy.

This is my new favorite! Playing around with the idea of making a couple smaller pancakes than one big one. Maybe take the veggies out of the pan, mix them in with the potato, and then return to pan in more real-like croquettes?

Let me know if anyone tries this and comes up with a good way!
I did this with leeks and shredded zucchini seasoned with celery seed and tarragon. So good!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
There is a cookie recipe on this site.
http://laportewellness.com/custom_co...8_recipes.html
Thank you, thank you Hockeymom!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #350  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

Height: 5'6"

I made two ramekin strawberry pudding cakes and spooned some cooked rubarb with splenda over the baked cakes today. Really satisfied my strawberry cravings and almost as good as strawberry shortcake!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #351  
Started IP 4/9/2012

S/C/G: 146/128/120

Height: 5'1

Default Sweet or Savory Zucchini Pancakes

This is my new favorite lunch!

1 IP cereal packet (crushed)
1-2 cups shredded zucchini (wrap in towel or paper towels and squeeze out water)
1 egg white
water
sea salt
1/4 tsp baking powder

Whip egg white until fluffy, add salt and zucchini. stir to combine.
pour in crushed cereal and baking powder, stir. Add enough water to create a more batter-like consistency. You should be able to easily scoop it up and spread it out in the pan. The more zucchini you choose to use the less "batter" there will be, but that's ok! Here you can add either a little splenda and cinnamon or pepper, garlic/garlic powder, etc... to make them sweet or savory.

put a little olive oil in your skillet, when hot drop batter by medium spoonfuls and spread it out into your pancakes (4 inch 3-4 inch works best) . Cook several minutes per side, you want the zucchini to cook as well. When they are ready to be flipped they will be a nice golden brown on the bottom and release from the pan more easily. I usually flip them several times to make sure the zucchini is cooked and they are nice and browned.

Top sweet cakes with WF syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Savory cakes are amazing topped with a little salsa (I love Kurt's brand, and use 2 T).

Enjoy!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #352  
Started IP 4/9/2012

S/C/G: 146/128/120

Height: 5'1

Default Awesome Egg Salad

This tastes just like the original!

2 hard boiled eggs
1 hard boiled egg white
1/4 C celery, finely chopped
2 heaping tsp WF mayo
3 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp pickle juice
2 T diced green onion
pepper

Chop eggs and add remaining ingredients. Add sea salt as needed. I also will add one tsp on olive oil if I haven't used it elsewhere during the day. I slice English cucumber rounds 1/4 inch thick until I have about 1 1/2 cups. I top the cukes with the egg salad. It's soooo good and tastes like I have used full fat mayo. It is also good wrapped in lettuce, I just like to incorporate the veggies whenever I can.

Enjoy!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #353  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hello MustangSally. i make these zucchini pancakes using an omlette mix. they are delicious. i found the recipe on Finn Steven's selection. Yum!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Default Rhubarb Crisp and Rhubarb Cake

I found these two Rhubarb Recipes that I thought everyone would like.

Rhubarb crisp & cake

Crisp Preheat oven to 350 Spray a small dish with Pam ( I use a brie baker) Put about a cup cut up of Rhubarb in. Add a package of splenda or sweetner of choice Microwave for 2 minutes, mix it and if not tender give it another minute Mix a packet of IP oatmeal with about 2 ounces of water. Pour it over rhubarb and put it in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Rhubarb Cake Prepare Rhubarb as for crisp Crush an unopened packet of crispy cereal with a rolling pin Beat two egg whites until frothy Add pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon vanilla Fold in the crushed cereal Pour over the rhubarb mixture Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown

I haven't tried these yet but they look easy and delicious! Enjoy!

Peg
Old 05-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #355  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy

Has anyone tried the hidden valley ranch products? They seem to have similar ones as WF. I haven't been a fan of WF so far.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #356  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Has anyone tried the hidden valley ranch products? They seem to have similar ones as WF. I haven't been a fan of WF so far.

Are they under a different name? Haven't heard nor seen them.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 220/175/170

Default Tomato Sandwich

I really miss bread. I recently tried making pancakes out of the potato purée pack (1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1 egg white, water to consistency) and discovered when I tasted it that it was very reminiscent of bread. Of course it's been so long since I've had bread maybe I was deluding myself. Anyway, I made 2 pancakes and while they were cooling got out some baby spinach, sliced up some spring onion and a reasonably good vine ripened tomato. With the addition of some WF mayonnaise and some salt and pepper I had a reasonable facsimile of a tomato sandwich. Enjoy !
Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
I haven't heard of any Hidden Valley Ranch products that are like WF. BTW, I wasn't crazy about WF products at first either but if you doctor them up, they can be pretty tasty! For example,

Thousand Island dressing- mix 1 tbsp with 1 tbsp WF BBQ sauce;
Honey Dijon dressing- mix 2 tbsp with a bit of spicy mustard (no sugar);
Bacon Ranch dressing- I pretty much like this one on it's own but if I'm looking to spice it up a bit I add cumin to it;
Old 05-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/recipes.php

I found this PDF Recipe file and saved for my references. Thought i would share it...most recipes are okay for all IP phases but read carefully cause there's a few for only the later phases.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

Default Roasted Pork & Chard Saute (good housekeeping)

1 Pork Tenderloin (1 lb)
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 T plus 1 tsp olive oil (divided)
1/4 tsp ground cardoman (divided)
2 medium carrots ( i added these for the family but then didn't eat any)
2 cloves garlic
2 bunches Swiss Chard

Preheat oven to 475.

1. Combine soy sauce with 1 tsp olive oil. Place pork in pan & rub w/ soy/oil combo. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp of Cardoman, 1/4 tsp Sea Salt & black pepper.

2. Cook pork in oven 20-25 minutes until barely pink in center.

3. While pork is cooking. Slice carrots at an angle, finely chop garlic. Discard stems on chard and slice leaves.

4. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add carrots (4-5 minutes), garlic (1 min), chard, 1/8 tsp sea salt & pepper. Cook 6-8 minutes.

5. Add remaining Cardoman. Cook 1 minute & remove from heat.

Serve pork slices on top of Chard.
Closed Thread