Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 203/176/150

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Chocolate Bark

Ideal Protein Recipes
IP chocolate pudding (or any pudding of your choice)

(the next 2 ingredients are not needed if you are not doing the choc pudding)
-2 tbsp cocoa powder
-1tbsp instant coffee

2 tsp splenda or stevia
8 oz of water (depending on consistency, could be less)

Shake,
pour in aluminum pie plates or place on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
Freeze (30-45min)
Take out of freezer, break chocolate into pieces
Place in container, keep in freezer.

enjoy
I made this today after i stumbled across your post. wasn't the consistency i was imagining in my head but it was delicious!! Definitely a go-to when i need something sweet. Will be keeping a batch in my freezer. i made butterscotch
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

I don't have anything to contribute yet but thanks to all of you for posting these! You are some seriously creative people!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #453  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsmile View Post
I made this today after i stumbled across your post. wasn't the consistency i was imagining in my head but it was delicious!! Definitely a go-to when i need something sweet. Will be keeping a batch in my freezer. i made butterscotch
Its my nightly snack....lol...I put only about 5-6 oz of water though makes it thicker
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Cauliflower Leek Soup

Cauliflower Leak Soup

Makes about 6 cups

2 leaks, cut lengthwise, separate, clean and chop. Use only the white and pale green parts.
3 ribs celery chopped
2 T. Galic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cans chicken broth (or vegetable)
3 cups cauliflower, broken into small pieces
4 cloves garlic, peeled
Handfull dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Sea Salt & Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400. On sheet pan mix cauliflower, garlic cloves, salt & pepper and 1 T. oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes

until tender and lightly browned. When done, remove 4 garlic cloves and put in blender.

2. Meanwhile, cook leeks and celery in 1 T. oil with salt & pepper in dutch oven. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes over

low heat. Stir often. DO NOT BROWN LEEKS!

3. Add parsley & thyme, cook another minute.

4. Add broth and cauliflower. Bring to a low simmer and cook for about 20 minutes. Or until cauliflower is tender enough

to puree.

5. Scoop 1/2 to 3/4 of the soup mixture into the blender with the garlic (depending on what texture you want for the

soup). Puree and return to pot. Taste and adjust salt & pepper to your liking.

Garnish:
Tabasco sauce
Sea Salt & Pepper
Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #455  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

I will post the link to Rainbow's recipe book. BUT, please remember not all recipes are totally IP compliant. Please review each and use accordingly.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...URKU1JkMkdIMFk
Old 10-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
How can I possibly have gone almost 60 years and never tasted Rhubarb. This recipe, from dgirl, was my dinner veggie tonight and I am blown away by how good it was! Thank you dgirl... wherever you are.
Rubarb/Strawberry Desert;
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
This reminds me, I NEED to add rhubarb to my shopping list!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #457  

Saw that wuv posted these on another thread.

IDEAL PROTEIN STUFFING

Ingredients:
2 cups of your favorite vegetables chopped up in food processor
1 cup of diced mushrooms
3 egg whites
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp Redmond’s Real Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
8 – 16 oz water
1 -2 TBS Braggs
IP packets:
1 – Chicken Soup
1 – Oatmeal
Optional 1 – Sour Cream and Onion Soy Nuts
Optional Seasoning:
Rosemary, Basil, Thyme and/or Garlic
Prepare Oatmeal Biscuits (Page 69 – Volume 2 Ideal Protein Healthy Recipes):
Beat 1 egg white then stir the IP Oatmeal packet until mixed thoroughly. Add 2oz. water until batter is thin and spoon able – but not runny. You may want to add a tsp of poultry seasoning or other seasoning of your choice. Spoon batter onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 400 for about 10 min. or until golden brown. Once biscuits are cooled tear up and let dry out an hour or two.
In a mixing bowl put dried oatmeal biscuits, seasonings, chopped veggies, mushrooms and Braggs. (if desired, add your IP soy nuts) Mix and set aside. In your blender bottle or other mixer, mix 8 oz of water with your IP Chicken Soup mix well (more water maybe needed). Add two egg whites to soup mix. Mix well then pour over veggie/biscuit mix stir (should be a moist mixture) and then place in an olive oil sprayed casserole dish. Cook about 20 min at 350.

HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES
Ingredients:
1 Packet IP Drink or Pudding
Water (up to 2 cups / 5 dl / 16oz to taste)
Optional: 1 packet Truvia, Splenda, or other sugar substitute
Spices as listed

Directions:
1. Mix IP Drink or IP Pudding with up to 2 cups of cold water. Blend until no lumps. (I use a blender)
2. Add in Spices (see below) and mix
3. Pour a portion into a microwave safe mug (3/4 full) and heat.

NOTE! Heating may cause the liquid to overflow, so watch carefully, or use a different larger container to heat the liquid and then pour it into your mug.

With the extra water, this makes 3-4 mugs of delicious hot drinks. Heat one drink and save the rest to re-heat and enjoy over the space of a few hours. Really great to bring to work to microwave to get you through the day. All the below suggestions use up to 2 cups water.

NOTE 1:
You can substitute herbal tea or coffee for the water in any of these. For example, using Peppermint tea and vanilla IP Pudding makes a really subtle Hot Vanilla Candy Cane if you don’t want to add peppermint extract. Adding Bengal Spice Tea or Coffee to the Butter Rum recipe makes it a Caramel Chai/ Caramel Coffee. Use your imagination.

Suggestions:
1. PULLA (Finnish Sweet Buns)
IP Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp or more Cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract OR Vanilla seeds from Pod (I use Vanilla seeds and stir the drink with the pod to infuse with more vanilla flavor)
1/2 - 1 tsp cardamom

2. BUTTER RUM
IP Butterscotch Pudding
1 packet Truvia or other sweetener
1/2-1 tsp Rum extract
Optional: Dash of cinnamon

3. GINGERBREAD
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding/ or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice. Optional: orange peel)

4. PUMPKIN PIE
IP Vanilla Pudding (can also use IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding)
1/2 TB or more Da Vinci/ Torani Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup (The Torani version also has a hint of pumpkin flavor in it which is great)
You can also use Pumpkin Pie spice, but it’s almost identical to Gingerbread spice above.
Optional: 1 packet Truvia or other sweetener (The syrup doesn’t need it. The spice alone does)

5. CANDY CANE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding / or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Peppermint extract

6. MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 tsp hot chili (I use Indian chili powder)
Optional: Nutmeg or cardamom
(I don't use sweetener on this to keep the chocolate a bit bitter)

7. NUTELLA
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Da Vinci / Torani Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup
or
1 tsp Almond or Hazelnut extract

8. BOUNTY (Chocolate Coconut)
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup

9. CHRISTMAS ORANGE
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp Orange extract (or 1-2 drops Valencia Orange Stevia liquid)
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #458  

More from wuv from another thread

BANANA "BREAD" (IP Banana Pudding) / LEMON POPPYSEED MUFFINS (IP Lemon Pudding) : Stretch your pudding and create a tasty snack that makes 9 medium or 6 large portions... All for you and all together count as only 1 non-restricted item!

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Package IP Banana Pudding
1 cup or more shredded zucchini
1 tsp baking powder
1 small package Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener (about 1 tsp)
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/2 tsp or more cardamom
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 - 1 tsp nutmeg
Optional: 1 tsp Rum extract and/or vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 180 C (bout 350 F)
1. Grate zucchini (I use 1/2 a large zucchini for about 1-1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini.
2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg) and let sit for about 2 minutes.
3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape.
4. Add in IP Banana pudding, baking powder, and sweetener. Blend.
5. Add in zucchini and rum/vanilla extract if using and blend.
6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
7. Pour batter into muffin tins. I made 9 med size filling each 1/2 way up. It will also make 6 large if you want.
8. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will often deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall.

This recipe will also work with Chocolate & Lemon IP Pudding
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #459  

moved from another thread (originally posted by wuv)

COLE SLAW: Cole slaw is both a great between-meal snack food as well as a perfect complement to your meats. Here is a version that I enjoy often.

Ingredients:
1 oz (30 ml) milk (from your morning tea/ coffee allowance)
1-2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2-1 tsp horseradish (I use from a tube, but you can shred your own)
1-2 tsp total of various herbs (I use basil, thyme, oregano, marjorum, and mint)
sea salt & crushed black pepper
1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded (I chop into small pieces)
2 TB Minced raw onion (to taste. I chop 1/2 a red onion)
Other vegetables of your choice if desired (I use 1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper, some radishes, and celery.)

Directions:
1. In a cup, add milk, vinegar, lemon juice and sweetener. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add horseradish, herbs, salt & pepper and stir. Taste. Add additional spices, milk or another sweetener packet if needed, but this balance given should be fine.
3. Mix together cabbage and other vegetables you are using.
4. Add liquid and stir.
5. Tastes best if left a few hours or overnight in the fridge. Can be taken with you to work in a container.

Note: You can also add Walden Farms 0/0/0 Mayonnaise
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #460  

and another from another thread from wuv

ROASTED ROSEMARY GARLIC MASHED "POTATOES": Cauliflower makes a surprisingly tasty potato substitue. Roasting instead of boiling, and adding the rosemary, garlic, & horseradish brings this to a whole new level.

This is another recipe which looks like it has a lot of steps and is difficult, but is really as simple as popping the cauliflower in the oven to roast, then dropping it in a food processor to blend. So don't be intimidated and dive right in.

This keeps well and I often make a double batch to eat immediately and to put in a sealed container to microwave at work the next day.

Ingredients:
1 or 2 bags frozen cauliflower (or 1 large head)
1 oz non-fat milk (from your morning coffee allowance)
4-6 tsp olive oil
1-2 tsp or more dry rosemary
Garlic (I grind about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dry garlic, but you can use fresh or garlic powder to your taste)
Sea Salt & Pepper
1-3 tsp horseradish (I use paste from a tube)

Direction:
1. On baking paper on an oven tray, lay out cauliflower. (I use 2 bags of frozen and save 1/2 for another meal.)
2. Spray the cauliflower with Olive Oil (recommended) or "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" or PAM non-stick cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle on rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic.
4. Roast at 200C until golden (about 15-20 min, but can be less or more depending on your oven)
5. In a blender or food processor, add 4-6 tsp olive oil.
6. If desired, add a little more rosemary and spices to the oil.
7. Add in roasted cauliflower.
8. Add in horseradish
9. Pour milk on top and blend until creamy. (You will most likely need to turn off the blender and stir, then start again to ensure a creamy blend. You can add a little more milk if needed, but dont add too much or the potatoes will become runny which you dont want.)
10. Taste and add sea salt/ pepper if needed. (I use herbamare spicy, white pepper, black pepper, and rose pepper)
11. You can put in a bowl and beat with a hand beater if you want it extra fluffy.
12.Add fresh parsley for garnish
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #461  

Default Thanksgiving anyone?

from wuv from another thread

CREAMY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE: My mom used to make a delicious green bean casserole at the holidays. This is my Ideal Protein version.

1. Empty 1 to 2 cups of canned green beans (with water) into a stovetop pan and heat .

You can also add 1 can of sliced mushrooms to cook along with the beans.

Drain the liquid and set aside. (You can also boil fresh green beans which will be more crunchy. I personally like the beans a little softer as they are from a can)

2. Make the Ideal Protein Mushroom Soup with a little less water than in the instructions to make a very thick sauce.

3. Add green beans to soup/sauce. Add spices to taste (for example, black pepper, sea salt, chili powder, lemon). Add in dried onion flakes if desired and stir.

4. Move to an oven proof pot and bake at 200 C / 400 F. You can add additional onion flakes or sliced mushrooms to top of casserole. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #462  

Default "Pumpkin Pie"

wuv posted this one too!

PUMPKIN-FREE PUMPKIN PIE (IP Butterscotch Pudding): Enjoy the delicious taste of Pumpkin Pie in either a thick pudding or a creamy iced frappacino. Perfect for the holidays...or any day! The Butterscotch & spices really do taste like you are cheating with the real thing.

Ingredients:
1 packet IP Butterscotch Pudding
16 oz (2 cups) cold water for drink / 8 oz (1 cup) cold water for pudding
1 packet Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
(You can make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice by mixing
•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
•1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
•1/8 teaspoon ground allspice)
Ice (if making drink)

Directions:
1. In a blender, add water, butterscotch pudding, spices and sweetener.
2. Blend.
3. If making a drink, add 3-4 ice cubes.
4. Pour into cup or glass and sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice on top.

NOTE: Torani & Da Vinci both make sugar-free pumpkin syrups

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-06-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #463  

Default cauliflower pancakes

I copied this from a thread with this title b/c I want to make sure it doesn't get lost.

This is most likely on this forum somewhere but worth a post!
Made these yesterday morning....AWESOME! Very "custardy" and french toast-like in flavor yet look like a pancake and you can flip them like a pancake!

Take your raw cauliflower and chop it into "rice"...I use food processor and it comes out very fine grained.

In a bowl: beat 1 whole egg, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp splenda, and cinnamon to taste.

Now take a tablespoon heaped with cauliflower and add it in. Mix. repeat till you have added 4 tbsp. Mixture should look like batter. If still looks thin to you add more cauliflower but do not over thicken.

In fry pan add in oil...heat on medium...add in batter. It will even bubble like a real pancake. Fry...flip...fry...edges get crispy...cook like a pancake!

Plate it...spray with butter spray (zero cal)...add WF pancake syrup...and enjoy!

You can make 2 sizable pancakes with the above recipe.

This really kicked my pancake hunger!
Cheers
Jake
Old 11-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #464  

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to Ideal Protein - although I've lost and am feeling great. I'm reading some of your recipes and what is "WF" before syrup, etc.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #465  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I have a new favorite way to use my IP maple oatmeal packet to make a biscuit / English muffin type bread. Mix dry pack with 1-2 egg whites and a bit of water to make a thick slurry. I've tried it with a bit of oil in the mix too, it adds a touch of moisture to the end product. I put this into a muffin top pan, it makes two. Bake for about 8 mins at 350. I make it at night then in the morning I cut it in half and toast it until it gets a little crispy. I serve it with WF jam and peanut butter.
Closed Thread