Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

My first WI is tomorrow and I am kinda nervous because it is in the late afternoon and I seem to weigh more in the afternoon than in the morning. I hope I show as significant of a weight loss as I show at home. My first weight was taken late in the evening there so maybe it will show quite a loss. I am showing a 9lb loss on my scale at home and I am so excited!!

NSV- yesterday I found a little bag of opened peanut M&M's in my desk drawer at work that I didn't remember I had. I had one all the way up to my mouth but did not eat it!!!! I am so proud of myself! I threw them away so I wont be tempted when I go back in tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Here's to another day OP!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #62  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

Leaving the cake alone and it is starting to make me ill just from the sugary smell. Oh how thinks can change if we embrass them!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
NSV's for me....today I have to start wearing my engagement ring and wedding band on my thumb or middle finger. It keeps spinning on my ring finger and I ended up scratching my face with it yesterday. I think I'm going to reward myself with a nice chain when I hit 160, so that I can wear the ring on it until I am ready to get it adjusted.
The other cool NSV is that my hubby's ring that he used to wear on his little finger (when he thought he was cool!) now fits my ring finger. oh the little things that make us happy eh?
For some reason, people are really starting to notice the weight loss now (could be because I'm not wearing my winter coat anymore!!). Lot's of compliments. I'm a happy bunny, I mean beagle!
YEAH!! I had my wedding ring sized 3 weeks ago (a size bigger ) and just got the call yesterday to go pick it up. I'm excited to get it back and be able to start wearing it again but just as excited when I'll have to bring it back in to have it sized smaller in a few months!!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Brummie: I set my goal weight where I did because I assumed I could fit into a size 8 easily at that weight. I am going more for dress size than anything else. I am hoping to average 3 lbs per week which would bring me to my goal weight by November, when I start shopping for my wedding dress. I want to confidently grab any dress off the sample rack and have it slip on me. I think your goal weight should be what you feel comfortable in.
You don't want to look gaunt and malnourished either right? Pick a dress size that you can see yourself fitting into at the end.. Heck Go Buy that dress or have it donated by a friend and hang it up behind your bedroom door so its always looking at you when you get up in the morning.. I picked upa dress in a size 8 from a 50's style store here black with little cherries all over it tiny waist (to me) and thats the dress I want to slip into before I head out wedding gown shopping. Regardless of the weight movement.

OMG - that is the most perfect idea for me...if you knew me, you'd know that I'm a very visual and items that I can touch and see motivate me greatly (like goal sheets and lists!!). There is a retro store in town with the coolest dresses (my fave is a betty boop type of dress they have on display). I'm going to go in and try one that fits, then get one 3 sizes smaller!

You are already very beautiful...I bet you will look absolutely stunning in your wedding pictures...what an exciting time! I love my DH more than life itself, but I would love to get married again!! I loved organizing my wedding, it was beautiful. My mom bought me the most beautiful silk cream sari with gold emroidery...but I was at my biggest weight at the time, so I hate looking at the pictures of myself!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #65  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
It took me a looong time to figure out the RTD as well. Okay so this is what I am having for lunch today, I mixed mayo with thier ranch dip (neither can be eatten alone), added peppers, onions, chopped roasted celery root and fennel, and spinach. A couple dashes of hot sauce and Lea Perkins and walla spinach dip, I am having it with a crepe package mixed with a little baking powder and baked in the oven for 15 minutes so I am having "bread" and spinach dip for lunch. I am very excited I miss dips.. turnip recipe I believe is in recipes 2 but not sure. I find the longer you are on this "project" the more I experiment with things, never had celery root until last week, but need a better recipe to appreciate it more.

I was the same way I wondered if I could do this too, and I think you have to have the right mindset, that this is it, this is your return to a better fitter body. Seems to be a thing going around our office, lots of people are losing and quite a few with IP....

Congrats on your weight loss so far you are doing so great. and you know of course you will do great because you have a great name... in the beginning my skin was great but the longer I go I find I am drying out so I just try to keep hand lotion for me, I know that doesn't solve your eczema but I am wondering if the experienced here can help, maybe Omega3 if you can have that. Take care.

Joanne
Thanks Jo...lol Do you mind if I call you that? Everybody calls me that or Jojo..lol.

Sounds good what you're having for lunch. I haven't tried the pancakes yet. I've only been able to eat restrictions for well this is my second week. Plus I have fennel in the fridge and I should eat it but just not sure how to cook it or eat it. Suggestions? And as for celery root, I've never had that either. What does it taste like? Here's what I'm having for lunch. Salad (romaine) with celery, red onions, red peppers, mushrooms and pickles and I made my own dressing, olive oil, rice vinegar, prepared mustard, with salt, pepper, dill, capers, lemon juice. I always experiment with the dressing. And of course I'm having my omelette. I always have it at this time of day for lunch, love it.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #66  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
I originally picked 140, because that is the last weight I remember being "happy" with. I was 18 at the time. I realized at the time that I am not 18 anymore, I kinda figured that I may change my goal as I got closer, because I couldn't really remember what 140 felt like. I originally thought I may change it to 155 or 160, but decided officially this week that is 150.
I'll bet at your present weight, you're looking fabulous! Don't you feel wonderful about yourself? Congratulations! The best part is that you are almost at the end of this phase of your journey. I could't be happier for you!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #67  
Start: 4-20-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
But for true IP protocol, it IS as simple as "picking out a box" and following the sheet you were given. I personally take everything on this forum with a grain of salt as I trust my coach and the info. she gives to me, even if it differs from the opinions here. Newbies may not realize that they too should probably do that, and that's where confusion about the program begins.

I think what's happening and the reason there has been frustration is because more and more, there are people who are getting confused with what true IP protocol is because of the numerous threads of those that go the alternative route. I personally have no problem with those who don't or aren't able to use the IP products but I think to avoid confusion, if someone is not following the program with the actual IP products, they should be posting in the alternative thread. I think this would avoid a lot of confusion, especially with the newbies that come to the boards and don't know their way around real well yet.

True IP protocol takes the guess work out of things, that's part of the huge benefit of the program. To me, if you're not using IP products, you're not truly following IP protocol. To those of us who are, it's a bit frustrating to continually answer the same questions over and over when the answers can come from your coach as well as the sheets you are given.

I for one truly appreciate all the support here and love to give it back. This program has changed my life already with -46 lbs. and I would like everyone to feel as great as I do.
While I agree with you for the most part, there are those who don't live near an IP Clinic or perhaps they can't afford the IP products and choose an alternative product--same nutritional count even! We have to give everyone an opportunity to find optimum health and not limit them to those only being able to use the IP products. These people don't have a coach, so we become not their coach, but their mentors because we've been there--some of us just a short while.

There has been one person in particular on this board, who very graciously took me under her wing. She has helped me on a personal level in more ways than one. She does not live near a clinic so she is forced to use the alternative products, but I'll bet you that she knows more than most on this board. She is successful and positive and although I've never met her; I love her for caring enough about me to offer her support and expertise. So, while it may be a bit frustrating to continually answer the same questions over and over when the answers can come from your coach as well as the sheets you are given, we have to care enough about others, who not so fortunate to have a coach. Just my two cents.

I totally respect your feelings and congratulate you on losing 46 pounds. That in and of itself is an exceptional accomplishment and you have every reason to be proud of yourself. I don't even know you and I'm proud for you. I wish you the greatest success!

Last edited by BROWNEYES47; 06-02-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #68  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Joanne- Unfortunately you don't have PMs yet..so I'll post here.

Turnip Fries

* 4 turnips, trimmed and peeled (about 1¼ pounds)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon Sea salt
* ½ teaspoon chili powder

Directions:

Heat oven to 425°F. Cut turnips into 2x½ sticks. Place on a foil-lined pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and chili powder. Toss with your hands to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Roast fries 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time for even browning. Serve immediately.

-personally I use a ziploc bag and toss them that way

Big Mac in a bowl

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

HTH
Old 06-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #69  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
I am wearing 9/10. I have gotten into an 8, but it was a little tight.
Thanks, when my friend started maintenance she said she had some size 14s for me and I told her oh it will be quite a while before I fit into those... well we just about missed the window. I am in 14s and real tight 12s and still at 186 (Darbs is right about this diet changing your body shape too) as I was wearing 16s at that size and they were tight. I look forward to when the 12s aren't so tight so I can wear them as other friend gave me about 30 pair of dress and casual pants. Some people are asking when I am finished and I said maybe in 40 lbs but they all think I will be too skinny, I am just going with we will wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempy22 View Post
I picked my goal weight because that is the smallest adult weight I have been AFTER having all 3 of my kids so I know it is attainable. I was happy there but still wanted to loss 10-12lbs so I will re-assess once I get there.

NSV....I CAN CROSS MY LEGS comfortable, and I don't have to hold my leg there to keep it from falling down....I think I have been subconciously doing this for a couple weeks now but it just hit me today
Me too! I never crossed my legs before as my leg would go to sleep now I sit at my desk and have them crossed half the time... I noticed it today on the way in on the bus I sat down and the first thing I did was cross my legs... such a different feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Morning fellow IP-ers!
Interesting reads this morning.
I want to keep the positive vibes going this morning, I skip by the cheating posts all the time and the Can I have ones.. sorry if you posted them I blew by them, your free to blow by mine anytime.

Brummie: I set my goal weight where I did because I assumed I could fit into a size 8 easily at that weight. I am going more for dress size than anything else. I am hoping to average 3 lbs per week which would bring me to my goal weight by November, when I start shopping for my wedding dress. I want to confidently grab any dress off the sample rack and have it slip on me. I think your goal weight should be what you feel comfortable in.
You don't want to look gaunt and malnourished either right? Pick a dress size that you can see yourself fitting into at the end.. Heck Go Buy that dress or have it donated by a friend and hang it up behind your bedroom door so its always looking at you when you get up in the morning.. I picked upa dress in a size 8 from a 50's style store here black with little cherries all over it tiny waist (to me) and thats the dress I want to slip into before I head out wedding gown shopping. Regardless of the weight movement.

Once my wedding dress is ordered I will only allow a max of 10 -20 lbs loss because of alterations and this is my motivation to hope that the bulk of the loss is there by November. And then the muscle toning begins. I was fat for my first wedding and I hated it.. Not this time!

Skip this if wedding stuff bores you:

I am such an A type when it comes to this stuff.. We originally thought something super simple for the wedding, but the photographer in me wants a total "style me pretty" experience.. I love all the little touches my brides do at their own weddings that I felt compelled and drawn to doing them. So I was excited when the first pieces of my ladies guest favours came in yesterday.. Each lady is getting a handmade by moi, silver necklace with a starfish or seahorse pendant, a bahamian blue water glass bead and a swarovski pearl. This morning I printed up our Thank you tags. And I ordered a huge 20 x 24 organic bloom frame.
Ontario photo gal - totally unrelated, but if you don't sell these yet, check them out! My clients (and I ) adore them. google the organic bloom.

My HUGE NSV yesterday was meeting with a client who noticed RIGHT AWAY that I had lost some weight and told me I look fantastic!! She also has invited me to her Moms group to do my Click Your Kids workshop! YAY!! I love working with moms to teach them how to take pictures of their little ones..

Todays Huge NSV was that my future father in law has come by to work on the basement with my FI and he commented right away at how fast this diet works and that I am looking great!

OK done babble!
Have a great OP day everyone!!
TeeHee!!
T, just reading your post makes me so excited, I can't waith to hear more plans about your wedding arrangements. Because of your recipe posting the other day, I am having spinach dip with the crepe package for lunch I can't wait... am going to try the tuna soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
NSV's for me....today I have to start wearing my engagement ring and wedding band on my thumb or middle finger. It keeps spinning on my ring finger and I ended up scratching my face with it yesterday. I think I'm going to reward myself with a nice chain when I hit 160, so that I can wear the ring on it until I am ready to get it adjusted.
The other cool NSV is that my hubby's ring that he used to wear on his little finger (when he thought he was cool!) now fits my ring finger. oh the little things that make us happy eh?
For some reason, people are really starting to notice the weight loss now (could be because I'm not wearing my winter coat anymore!!). Lot's of compliments. I'm a happy bunny, I mean beagle!
Definately a beagle, it isn't the coat even with the coat on they would notice. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
My first WI is tomorrow and I am kinda nervous because it is in the late afternoon and I seem to weigh more in the afternoon than in the morning. I hope I show as significant of a weight loss as I show at home. My first weight was taken late in the evening there so maybe it will show quite a loss. I am showing a 9lb loss on my scale at home and I am so excited!!

NSV- yesterday I found a little bag of opened peanut M&M's in my desk drawer at work that I didn't remember I had. I had one all the way up to my mouth but did not eat it!!!! I am so proud of myself! I threw them away so I wont be tempted when I go back in tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Here's to another day OP!
My wi are always in the night, and it is suppose to work itself out in the end. My wi's will now change every week. I am now wi Mondays either around 2 or after work around 5 so I will have to see how much of a difference that makes. great NSV good for you to throw those things out. Now if it was a blue one I might have kept it as a souvenior as I love the color...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Thanks Jo...lol Do you mind if I call you that? Everybody calls me that or Jojo..lol.

Sounds good what you're having for lunch. I haven't tried the pancakes yet. I've only been able to eat restrictions for well this is my second week. Plus I have fennel in the fridge and I should eat it but just not sure how to cook it or eat it. Suggestions? And as for celery root, I've never had that either. What does it taste like? Here's what I'm having for lunch. Salad (romaine) with celery, red onions, red peppers, mushrooms and pickles and I made my own dressing, olive oil, rice vinegar, prepared mustard, with salt, pepper, dill, capers, lemon juice. I always experiment with the dressing. And of course I'm having my omelette. I always have it at this time of day for lunch, love it.
When I first started there were 3 Joannes where I worked so I have been called JT by everyone for so long when new people hear that and ask who that is it always shocks me. And yes I have been called Jo for ever so doesn't bother me at all. also get JOJO and MOJO from cocomo.. and my favorite from a cousin...."JoJo was a man, who thought he was a woman".... told that to a friend one day so now every time she hears it on the radio she laughs... but strange even though I know I am Jo I always sign my name Joanne...
Old 06-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Are you suggesting that there be 2 daily threads? One for those strictly using IP products and one for those using the Alternative Products? How do you think it will make those not on the IP products feel? Don't you think the same sort of questions will be asked?

I'm just wondering how this would change things....
There is already a thread in the sticky section specifically for this http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html

I'm not trying to make anyone feel one way or the other, I promise. I'm just trying to explain some of the recent confusion from how I see it. I think it would be much more helpful for everyone, ESPECIALLY those not following actual IP protocol with IP products to ask their questions in the thread I just posted above. It doesn't mean that only people on IP protocol can post in the daily thread but do think that questions regarding alternatives especially, should be posted in the other thread. I don't get offended that I wouldn't post in that thread, I understand that it doesn't apply to me, that's all, so I look for the ones that do apply

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
While I agree with you for the most part, there are those who don't live near an IP Clinic or perhaps they can't afford the IP products and choose an alternative product--same nutritional count even! We have to give everyone an opportunity to find optimum health and not limit them to those only being able to use the IP products. These people don't have a coach, so we become not their coach, but their mentors because we've been there--some of us just a short while.

There has been one person in particular on this board, who very graciously took me under her wing. She has helped me on a personal level in more ways than one. She does not live near a clinic so she is forced to use the alternative products, but I'll bet you that she knows more than most on this board. She is successful and positive and although I've never met her; I love her for caring enough about me to offer her support and expertise. So, while it may be a bit frustrating to continually answer the same questions over and over when the answers can come from your coach as well as the sheets you are given, we have to care enough about others, who not so fortunate to have a coach. Just my two cents.

I totally respect your feelings and congratulate you on losing 46 pounds. That in and of itself is an exceptional accomplishment and you have every reason to be proud of yourself. I don't even know you and I'm proud for you. I wish you the greatest success!
Again, I have absolutely nothing against those who are unable or just aren't using IP products and following IP faithfully, it's a personal choice. For me, I see the most benefit and the least amount of work and confusion by following the program as it was designed. And of course I care about others, like I said, I would LOVE for everyone to have the kind of success I have had as well as others here and it's not about segregating anyone or making them "feel bad". I just honestly think that everyone would benefit from posting where their questions are most appropriate and are most likely to be answered by others in the same situation. Because although we are all in it for the same kind of benefits, the way of getting there is at least a bit different with alternatives. It's not the "wrong" way, just different.

Thank you for your compliments btw, much appreciated!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #71  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Please reread my post ladies.....you will see that I state what you can have and then said, but it is an individual journey and expect less if you are doing less than protocol.....no meanness meant....just 9 months of experience. As far as red or green cabbage that is a minor issue...I am talking sushi, sodas, candy, gum, etc.

I am by NO MEANS at all....knocking anyone's individual journey just addressing that IP is very strict meat and veggies and packets and anything other than that will not produce the exact same results, but the restriction and self-control is a great lesson that will help forever.

Please also reread my final words in my post.

This has been an amazing journey for myself and I have gone from 20 years of hating myself and the way I feel to finally feeling pretty good. Everyone deserves to feel good and we all tend to find excuses and ways to block our progress.
I agree with Darbs... and think that her post may have been slightly misunderstood. Her main message is that we have always been good at sabotaging ourselves and this is a way to stop doing that, and make your lives better!

As for the negativity, the tone of the boards has always fluctuated and it is what is it. Treat it like the weather. If you don't like the rain, stay inside. If people are struggling with the program, then obviously there will be a slightly negative mood on the thread that day as people deal with their issues. As others celebrate their successes, there will be a more positive mood...

Please also keep in mind that this is a public forum... The issues will definitely depend on where people are with the program. However, if you post something, keep in mind that you have posted in a public arena, and you get what you get. But keep in mind that people are all trying to be helpful in their own way. If some people respond with "tough love," it's because that's what they think you need and/or the advice they are willing to give. It's just a matter of style, so please don't be offended.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #72  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
I want to chime in on the 'negativity' mentioned... I see this forum as a support group - that means that good, bad or ugly you should be able to speak your mind. If I'm having a bad day I know that you all have been there and will lift me up. Isn't this OK? The negative posts do not bring me down because I know if I scroll down one of the great members will have great positive advice to help lift all of our spirits. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you so much for such a lovely reply. I think that the journey is a process, and people are in different places emotionally about their weight and body. It helps to have a place to be honest about thoughts and feelings in the moment.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #73  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
Thanks! I have to be honest though, half of that weight was the calorie counting I did from January to the end of April when I started IP. 17 lbs in 4 weeks is still a HUGE accomplishment and I am super proud of myself. Still blows my mind that I lost the same amount of weight in 4 weeks on IP as I did in the 4 months prior counting calories
That's so awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine07 View Post
OMG I can't believe I lost 8.2 pounds. I'm so excited to tackle next week. I'm also excited to start a little mild exercise. The weather here is just starting to be nice and I'm ready to get my walking shoes on.
Great job! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
My day is starting with sitting 10 feet away from a birthday cake that everyone is eating!!! GRRRRRRR

NOT having any, don't want it....not having any, don't want it....hoping that by chanting this it will make it easier.

Keep trying to think big picture, not the short term satisfaction of the food.
Just had to tell people that know this feeling!!
Stay strong! You can do this!

As for me, I have WI #10 this afternoon, so cross your fingers! I had a small NSV today too...one of the ladies in my office was crossing me in the hallway and says, "You are getting so skinny!" I love it!

I love how I feel in the mornings when I look at myself and I'm really proud of me again. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and knows that we're all here to support each other no matter what.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #74  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I agree with Darbs... and think that her post may have been slightly misunderstood. Her main message is that we have always been good at sabotaging ourselves and this is a way to stop doing that, and make your lives better!

As for the negativity, the tone of the boards has always fluctuated and it is what is it. Treat it like the weather. If you don't like the rain, stay inside. If people are struggling with the program, then obviously there will be a slightly negative mood on the thread that day as people deal with their issues. As others celebrate their successes, there will be a more positive mood...

Please also keep in mind that this is a public forum... The issues will definitely depend on where people are with the program. However, if you post something, keep in mind that you have posted in a public arena, and you get what you get. But keep in mind that people are all trying to be helpful in their own way. If some people respond with "tough love," it's because that's what they think you need and/or the advice they are willing to give. It's just a matter of style, so please don't be offended.

Yes yes...this is what I was saying "Her main message is that we have always been good at sabotaging ourselves and this is a way to stop doing that, and make your lives better!"

I have spent 20 years making excuses for why I couldn't lose weight or miss out on event or needed to do whatever....this is the first time I didn't make any excuses and just followed a plan and stuck with it and succeeded.

Just wanted to share my success and help at least one or two other people.

Happy day to all
Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Yes yes...this is what I was saying "Her main message is that we have always been good at sabotaging ourselves and this is a way to stop doing that, and make your lives better!"

I have spent 20 years making excuses for why I couldn't lose weight or miss out on event or needed to do whatever....this is the first time I didn't make any excuses and just followed a plan and stuck with it and succeeded.

Just wanted to share my success and help at least one or two other people.

Happy day to all
I can tell you that your success has certainly inspired me!! Thank you! I am so looking forward to this journey!
Closed Thread