Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Well, Hello Ipers. hope eveyone had a good OP day. I found the roads way to slippery to go to work today. I drive an hour to work on a good day and today I drove an hour and was half way there, then the road got worse and I turned around, job not worth going in the ditch for. So had a clean house day at home and was surprised how quickly it went. My body has been not losing lately and I am getting dicouraged so I am about 5lbs away from my goal and I am going to phase two on Saturday no matter what happens. They say on phase two you lose some wieght anyway so we will give that a try. Talk to you all later.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
WI #7 today I have officially decided that the scale at my clinic is effed and I am going to "average out" the two readings as there is no rhyme of reason as to the difference this week it was off by a whopping three pounds! Last week it was pretty even (their weighed me about .4 lbs more than mine) and this week I only lost 2.6 lbs but on my scale I have lost 5.6 lbs.....each week there is always a difference but so far its ranged from 3 lbs to .4 lbs
SO ANNOYING!! personally I am going to go with my scale I think its nicer than the one at the clinic and it was pricey. gah lame!
Anyways I am going with me having lost 4 ish lbs this week lol THERE good enough!
Hey, whatever works, congrats on the loss no matter what it was, LOL! Just keep in mind that no 2 scales are the same and maybe next time bring your scale along with you and weigh side by side? Either way, keep up the great work!

Just wanted to share, I threw all caution to the wind and just posted about an unofficial goal I met this week. I have only shared the pics with 2 close friends, and now with all of 3FC because I feel like I can, which is HUGE. For me, as a photographer, I've always stuck by the excuse that I don't enjoy being on the other side of the lens, that's why I TAKE the pics. Well, bit of a confession, I have always LONGED for the day when I would be comfortable HAVING my picture taken. I'm not there yet but can see that the day may actually come!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3772172
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #108  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Just wanted to share, I threw all caution to the wind and just posted about an unofficial goal I met this week. I have only shared the pics with 2 close friends, and now with all of 3FC because I feel like I can, which is HUGE. For me, as a photographer, I've always stuck by the excuse that I don't enjoy being on the other side of the lens, that's why I TAKE the pics. Well, bit of a confession, I have always LONGED for the day when I would be comfortable HAVING my picture taken. I'm not there yet but can see that the day may actually come!
Awww, I'm so glad you posted pictures - you look great! You can definitely tell a difference already.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Yes, you MUST phase off properly - 2 weeks of 2 & 3. This is waking your pancreas back up and setting you up for success in maintenance! This is not the time to be cutting corners!

Thank you Mrs. D, I trust your advice, my coach not so much!! She even told me today that I was drinking to much water and that would make me gain . I have another question for you would it be ok for me to PM you?

Thanks as always for your great wisdom and advice...your priceless
Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #110  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
I have heard/read that. However, my Doctor has never said anything to me about soy. I am also lactose intolerant, so I was having some soy products (not a lot) before doing IP and I, personally (and I can only speak for myself), have never had any problem (that I know of) because of it.

I guess your friend will have to decide for herself what is best for her but today, on my scale at home (which tends to be different from my official weigh in scale at the gym), I was (unoficially) 165 lbs!!! The last time I was 165 lbs was during my pregnancy with my daugther (who is now 5 years old)! I am thrilled to bits!!!

I never had a weight problem before being diagnosed hypothyroid (I was diagnosed when I was 23 years old). Within a year of my diagnosis, I had gained about 30 lbs and I just kept it on for several years. I thought that being on medication would take care of the weight I had gained but it did not.

When I finally decided to do something about the weight (excercise & consults with a Dietician/Nutritionist), it took me about a year and half of hard work but I lost the weight just in time for my wedding in August 2002 (I was 135 lbs on my wedding day). However, my pregnancies that followed really messed that up badly. I gained just under 50 lbs per pregnancy (and not from overeating or underexercising - I even did prenatal aquafit). I only lost about 26 or 27 lbs after each pregnancy (baby, placenta, breast feeding, getting active again, etc.). I just recently read that your thyroid needs can be up to 50% greater during pregnancy but no Doctor ever said or did anything about my thyroid duirng my pregnancies. I just kept taking the same dose as always.

I started working on losing weight again at 196 lbs. in December 2008. It took over a year to get myself to around 176 lbs (exercise, same Dietician/Nutritionist as before) but I only got so far and then I just plateau'd and yo-yo'd the same 10 lbs up and down for over a year no matter what I did. I reached the point that I was eating approx. 1200 cals per day and exercising to the point of constant soreness and still not losing weight before deciding to try IP.

For me, so far, this seems to be an answer to my prayers!

(Feel free to print this response for your friend. I wish her the best of luck. I understand her frustration all too well.)
I also have hypo (diagnosed after my daughter was born 7 years ago). Nothing worked for me other than IP. I've been carefull with brocoly and cabage, making sure it's cooked. Other than that, I have not changed much or worry about the soy. It seems like my losses are a little slower but I'm still so happy with this, I feel awesome. I've had my thyroid checked and my Doctor tells me everything is fine. I always, always take all of my piles at the same time. I've found that it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lily View Post
Been also feeling very low energy lately. I feel great, but tire very easily. I've been falling asleep on the sofa (before 9pm) pretty much every night for about a week and a half. It's as tho I don't even see it coming. I just pass out. At first, I thought I was having trouble adjusting to the time change, but this is ridiculous.
I've found that sleeping the proper amount of hours helps. I've been very strict with my bedtime, even during the weekend. It's lie your body is working harder than before and needs a little more sleep. Listen to you body and go to bed earlier. I get up at 5 am every morning (I leave home at 5:45 and come back at 4:30 PM). I go to bed at 9:30 PM. If I got later, I pay for it and do not lose as much weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligirl View Post
Started IP (alternative products) on March 13th. Dropped 13 lbs so far!!
Congrats!! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaperTiff View Post
Im so glad I found this site !! I had my first WI on Monday and was down 5.8. It was a rough first week with a cheat but Im totally back on track.
Great job! I found that making a menu for the week and prepping for it makes it much easier. It's like food gets to be less important since yo don't htink about it so much (what am I eating tonight? What's in the freezer? do I have anything in the fridge?) with a menu and everything you need bought in advance, all those questions are answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
After a 20 lb. loss I had been at a stall for WEEKS - Today I'm finally down 2 lbs. I hope this will continue.........Woo Hoo
I stalled for a few weeks too. It took alot for me to get back on track but I changed things around (like I had read here) and did things differently and measured everything (oil, salt...) Everything came back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Just back from WI 1 and I am down 12.8 lbs! So excited!!!
The first week was hard but I didn't cheat and I survived....I know I can do this and I'm thankful for all the support and encouragement on here

My coach said that it was the most weight she'd ever seen anyone lose in one week in their clinic....wow!!

PLUS I bought the cheese curl thingies....life is good today..haha.
Quote:
I love the term scale whore...hahaha....very funny!

What's anyone having for dinner tonight? I need some Phase 1 Inspiration

We had grilled talipia (with cajun spice) and grilled asparague (olive oil, vegy spice from club house). Everything cooked at 350 for 15 minutes. Fast, tasty and so healthy!! Also love portabelo hamburgers (spray portabelo with olive oil & broil for 10 minutes), some pickles, mustard and they are so gooood!!

I basically like any lean meat grilled with different spices with any veggy with olive oil and spices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Went for my weigh in today. Another 2 lbs bites the dust....... Yea
Wow, you've done great in very little time! You shoudl be very proud of yourself Slimbound!!

Everyone, have a great rest of the week. On my part, everything is back on track. A few weeks back I had a hard time, read a lot of posts, felt sorry for myself and then got over it and decided to take control of my life again. I'm now more focused and loving this change of life. My DH loves my new cooking methods and the kids are starting to like it too (except the broussel sprouts, I'm not sure they are ready for that yet HAHA). I'm a complete freak with the menu. It's posted on the fridge, everyone knows what we are eating when (for supper). Makes my life easier and makes me feel in control.

I'm still a scale whore tought, I've accepted it and I think it's fine
Old 03-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

Dinner - Grilled chicken, sliced up with pico de gallo (from the IP Recipe thread) and mushrooms, steamed until heated through, and some oven roasted asparagus (MUCH better than steamed). VERY tasty entree, and very quick and easy. My DH worked as a cook for JB's in college, and it was one of their recipes (only they served it over spaghetti noodles). Definitely a keeper!

Congrats to all of the SVs and NSVs today! I know I'm STILL excited about being able to get my wedding ring off and on without excessive force and pain!! I can't wait until I have to have it resized!!

I know stress is NOT good for weight loss, but today was a DAY! Plus, it's my TOM, and when I was at my coach's briefly today I made the mistake of stepping on the scale and it said I was up 3# since Monday!!! AAARRRRGH!! (Yeah, I'm a scale whore, too!! LOL!!) I should know better....

I can relate to those who have been talking about feeling tired - I know I do, but I have for a long time (since before IP), so I didn't think much about it. I don't like the bed I sleep in, and I tend to stay up too late because my DH is a night owl. I just figured my exhaustion was not enough sleep, wakefulness due to a crummy bed, and working 2 jobs!

Keep on keepin' on! Thanks for all of the encouraging reports today!! You guys keep me going!!

Sherilyn
Old 03-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #112  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hey, whatever works, congrats on the loss no matter what it was, LOL! Just keep in mind that no 2 scales are the same and maybe next time bring your scale along with you and weigh side by side? Either way, keep up the great work!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3772172
wow you are looking good!! you can definitely tell you have lost weight congrats!! and good on you for posting pics I can totally relate to the picture taking part I generally keep the photos from the neck up haha
Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
WI #7 today I have officially decided that the scale at my clinic is effed and I am going to "average out" the two readings as there is no rhyme of reason as to the difference this week it was off by a whopping three pounds! Last week it was pretty even (their weighed me about .4 lbs more than mine) and this week I only lost 2.6 lbs but on my scale I have lost 5.6 lbs.....each week there is always a difference but so far its ranged from 3 lbs to .4 lbs
SO ANNOYING!! personally I am going to go with my scale I think its nicer than the one at the clinic and it was pricey. gah lame!
Anyways I am going with me having lost 4 ish lbs this week lol THERE good enough!
Go for it, Adrean, and don't feel bad about it. You know your body and you know what the numbers on your scale mean for you. I had to get past this recently. After only 4 weigh-ins I've had everything from 3 lbs lighter than on my scale, to TEN lbs heavier, and everything in between! I've never been shocked either way by what I see on my scale, because it matches what I'm feeling and how my clothes fit, so for now I'm just going with that.

So, celebrate your progress!! Congrats!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3772172[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting these, Stacy! Can really see the difference. Way to go!!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #115  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Had WI # 10 today already talked about it earlier but forgot to mention...My coach said the I was drinking to much water, I told her I was drinking about 100oz a day. She said that would make me gain and to keep it between 60 & 70????? It would make me gain...Oh boy, how come all the coaches aren't required to go thru the same training. I don't know what I would do without you guys!!!!

One more thing, I told her I was ready to go to phase 2 probably in 2 weeks and asked if it was mandatory that I stay on it for 2 weeks the response was yes, I had to stay on phase 3 and 3 for at least 2 weeks. Anyone know if this is a mandatory thing?? I would really like to stay 1 week on phase 2 and maybe 2 weeks on 3 I want to get exercising again but don't have the energy.

Thanks to anyone with some insight
My coach (at the initial meeting) said a MINIMUM of 64 ounces of water per day. I also drink between 100 and 128 oz of water per day. I've only been on IP (alternative products) for 15 days and I have lost 12.5 pounds. I really think the water helps to flush the fat!
This is the first time I have heard of a coach saying that's too much water!
Keep up the good work!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #116  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I love the term scale whore...hahaha....very funny!

What's anyone having for dinner tonight? I need some Phase 1 Inspiration
I am on phase 4, but this is what we had for dinner tonight: grilled steak, green beans. My husband had a baked potato, I could have had one, but I wanted turnip fries. I love turnip fries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Had WI # 10 today already talked about it earlier but forgot to mention...My coach said the I was drinking to much water, I told her I was drinking about 100oz a day. She said that would make me gain and to keep it between 60 & 70????? It would make me gain...Oh boy, how come all the coaches aren't required to go thru the same training. I don't know what I would do without you guys!!!!

One more thing, I told her I was ready to go to phase 2 probably in 2 weeks and asked if it was mandatory that I stay on it for 2 weeks the response was yes, I had to stay on phase 3 and 3 for at least 2 weeks. Anyone know if this is a mandatory thing?? I would really like to stay 1 week on phase 2 and maybe 2 weeks on 3 I want to get exercising again but don't have the energy.

Thanks to anyone with some insight
The instructions for phasing off are: phase 2 a minimum of 2 weeks. Phase 3 for 14 days. Remember the pancreas is being reset during this time. I chose to stay on phase 2 more than 2 weeks to get below my goal, glad I did. Feels great to be at your ideal weight, doesn't it?

Last edited by petiteandcute; 03-23-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #117  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
In addition to the tips above, I like to sip on peppermint tea.

I had BBQ'ed chicken (marinated in olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, lemon, southwest seasoning (spices)), mashed turnips, mixed broccoli & cauliflower and had vanilla rooibis tea for "dessert".

Yes!!! Way to go!
How do you make your mashed turnips?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
My coach (at the initial meeting) said a MINIMUM of 64 ounces of water per day. I also drink between 100 and 128 oz of water per day. I've only been on IP (alternative products) for 15 days and I have lost 12.5 pounds. I really think the water helps to flush the fat!
This is the first time I have heard of a coach saying that's too much water!
Keep up the good work!
Thank you...I agree and have been drinking at least 100oz each day mostly because of what I've read on here from the more expierenced IP'rs. Congratulations on your 12.5 pounds already your doing fantastic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I am on phase 4, but this is what we had for dinner tonight: grilled steak, green beans. My husband had a baked potato, I could have had one, but I wanted turnip fries. I love turnip fries.

The instructions for phasing off are: phase 2 a minimum of 2 weeks. Phase 3 for 14 days. Remember the pancreas is being reset during this time. I chose to stay on phase 2 more than 2 weeks to get below my goal, glad I did. Feels great to be at your ideal weight, doesn't it?
Thank you PETITEANDCUTE Like I said to Mrs. D I trust the advice I receive here you all are so helpful. I will do the remaining phases as listed, I have been reading thru the phase sheets and if I remember right phase 3 has the cheat day....holly cow I can't wait to get there

Last edited by Maggiemagu; 03-23-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

I was wondering how much soy is in IP products. I have fibrocystic breast and seems that its been exacerbated since starting products...any thoughts anyone?
Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Stacy, congratulations! I just wanted to pop in to report my progress at my WI today, it was #5 and I was down another 4 lbs.! That makes a total of 23 in 29 days....I would NEVER have dreamed that was possible 29 days ago!

I need to catch up with all of today's posts....was late getting home this evening and then was on the phone forever checking on my dad, who's in the hospital in Florida.....1500 miles away from me so I've been a little more than worried.

Keep up the good work everyone.....this diet rocks!

Hugs,

Mary
Closed Thread