Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #106  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
....Another (YUK) snowy day here in NJ !!

...and of course my post-op appt was cancelled again....I am home at least another week =-(

I talkd w IP coach at weigh-in Friday...I hit my goal right on schedule, so I have adjusted it by 10 lbs....talked about how hard is it is getting to stay on protocol being home so long and BORED !!

Saw a patient in the store the other day, she said she had missed me at office...i explained I had surgery in Dec and had been out for a while...she said " you are so thin, are u okay?".... I said "YES, I am not sick, if thats what u mean. I started a healthy eating plan prior to surgery and it was working very well for me" !! Needless to say, she wanted info ,which I gladly shared with her !!

New shipment of LINDORA just arrived, gotta love the UPS guys..braving the blizzard to bring me my shakes !! I love my mocha and choco mint shakes and I ran out 10 days ago!!

Congrads to all having a great week...Keep on keepin on because YOU ARE WORTH IT !!!
So nice of you to share this with your patient. I'm in NW Jersey, too! So what are your other favorite Lindora products. I haven't tried them yet. May be nice to add a little variety to my meal plan.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #107  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Thank you Mrs. D for your help!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 195.5/172/155

Height: 5'3"

It's so encouraging and such a help to read all the different posts everyday. I spent time going through the recipe thread too and have jotted down a few ideas. Looking forward to trying them.
I have my 2nd weigh in on Thursday and anxious about it. I'm suffering from the big C and will try some of the suggestions listed above (I love dill pickles so hope that helps) I also have had two salads made with cabbage too so I hope that helps too.
Well, I am off to bed and bracing for this 'storm' that is headed this way. Hope everyone has a great evening and looking forward to the reading in the morning!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #109  

Here ya go... I found this on the internet, I don't know how accurate it is, but I think this is interesting.

Artichokes, cooked (1 medium) 13g
Asparagus, raw (5" spear) 0.5g
Beets, cooked, (1/2 cup) 8g
Broccoli, raw (1 cup) 4g
Brussels sprouts, cooked (1/2 cup) 7g
Cabbage, cooked, (1/2 cup) 3g
Carrots, cooked (1/2 cup) 8g
Cauliflower, cooked (1/2 cup) 3g
Celery, raw (1 cup) 4g
Chard, Swiss, cooked (1 cup) 7g
Collard Greens, cooked (1 cup) 12g
Corn, sweet, cooked (1oz) 7g
Cucumber, raw (1/2 cup) 1g
Eggplant/ Aubergine, cooked (1 cup) 7g
Endive, raw (1/2 cup) 1g
Kale, cooked (1 cup) 7g
Leeks, cooked (1/2 cup) 4g
Lettuce (1 cup) 1g
Mushrooms, raw (1 cup) 4g
Onions, raw (1 cup) 14g
Parsnips, cooked (1/2 cup) 15g
Peas, green, cooked (1 cup) 25g
Peppers, green (1 cup) 10g
Pumpkin, cooked, mashed (1 cup) 12g
Radishes, raw (1 cup) 4g
Spinach, cooked (1 cup) 7g
Squash, zucchini, cooked (1 cup) 8g
Squash, winter, acorn, cooked (1 cup) 30g
Succotash, cooked (1 cup) 47g
Sweet potato, baked w/skin (large) 44g
Tomatoes, raw (1 cup) 8g
Turnip, cooked, mashed (1 cup) 11g

This maybe a good thing to print off and keep in your food journal, or save it some place.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 226/226/160

Height: 5'8

Smile New to 3FC, but learning to love IP all over again!

I am new here and trying to figure out this whole thread thing. I am so excited to have a place to get advice and inspiration!

I am on day 2 and fighting the cravings big time but I know I can stay strong, especially after reading so many of your introductions and seeing your progress. So many of you have done some amazing things, congratulations!! I am really enjoying reading the recipes too. I have done IP in the past, losing 70 pounds in 4 1/2 months and I remember variety being very instrumental in feeling satisfied and staving off feelings of deprivation.

Since doing IP about 2 years ago I have put on 40 lbs. My husband and I want to start a family in about a year and a half so I want to get healthy and figure out how to maintain it for myself and for my baby's sake. I turned 30 this year and am trying not to see it as the end of my youth as I know it...this is going to be my happiest and healthiest year ever!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #111  

30flirty! I'm sure you have a lot that you can share with all of us, were glad to have ya!

Pull up a chair, sit down with your shake or your salad and join in with the great convos that go on around here.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebwood79 View Post
Oh, I forgot to ask, what about herbal tea like Smooth Move?
i use that with good "results" he he he he

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I came home from WI all jazzed about my loss and my new products and found that my dog ate my shaker lid!! I'll go get a new one tomorrow but we're in a blizzard so we'll see. Any alternative ideas for mixing?
pint jar with lid is what i use.... water first, powder second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Sorry to hear that stebwood - i haven't had any issues and I was wondering if it was due to me taking enzymes that IP asks you to take. I take 2 before bed and I have not experienced any issues. Are you taking any type of enzymes?

I am sure the old timers on here will give you better advice

Good luck though and hang in there.
i do believe that this is one of the only places where i've heard "old timers" as a compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Swinging on down from the rafters again... I should have named myself Raftergirl... lol. Too late!

Supplement question: What size bottles do your clinics sell them, hmm like. 100 per bottle, 50 per bottle or 300 per bottle. I'm just curious, because I just don't see me being on IP for to long, maybe 6 weeks, 8 at the most. Just trying to plan it so I don't have a boat load of vitamins left. I have a awesom girl that works at my RX place and I know her real well (thanks to my hubby with all of his scripts) and I know that I could fax her the list that I found online of the IP vitamins and the breakdowns, so that maybe I could buy a smaller quanity, it thats the case.

Also, I'm not so good at taking horsey size pills, so can they be broke in half or even crushed.

Thanks for the help and thanks again for all the motivation!!!
i believe they are typically 1 months worth...??? and believe me, take them faithfully or you will soon be so depleted and sick you'll wonder why you were so foolish! speaking from experience, scouts honor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples1125 View Post
Okay, don't shoot me for asking this, but can we have diet coke with splenda? I'm not a huge pop (or soda for all you non Oregonians) person - and I have no problem drinking all the required H2O - I drank water like a camel before starting this - but I just need something to break it up. I already drink the IP Pink Lemonade. And the water with a slice of lemon is okay. But I was wondering if the stuff with Splenda was allowed...just a couple times a week.

First WI in less than 2 hours - fingers crossed I'll have good news to report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom2011 View Post
Carbonation is bad? I drink sparkling water is that a no no?
my coach- yes i finally got a coach - said it isn't so much the aspartame, as the bicarbonate. ruins the acid/base balance. like someone said ip is alkaline....bye bye my beloved diet mt. dew!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #113  

thank you rondar, I will take them as directed....

BTW... I've been wanting to ask you about your little cutie in
your avatar. He or she is cute!!!! What's his or her name, and
is it a poodle mix???
Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #114  

coloradodivegirl- meet Jace, my 14 month old labradoodle. his curls aren't as tight as his poodle looking siblings were but i really like the shaggy look of him. he is like a goofy chenille teddy bear. he is every inch a standard size, but thinks he's a teacup! thanks for asking!

i don't know how you are waiting so patiently for feb 16 to start ip!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
my coach- yes i finally got a coach - said it isn't so much the aspartame, as the bicarbonate. ruins the acid/base balance. like someone said ip is alkaline....bye bye my beloved diet mt. dew!
bicarbonate is a base...I think it is the phosphoric acid that is the culprit
Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #116  

Jace... (way cool name btw) It's very nice meeting you, you are simply adorable and you have a fan in Colorado! Lexie is wagging her tail at you and I'm blowing smooches!!! ^.^

I'm pretty excited about the IP workshop, and waiting is hard but it gives me plenty of time to organize everything and make my journal "just so." Seems like every night, I think of something else I can do to "get ready" lol.

Last edited by Coloradodivegirl; 02-01-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
bicarbonate is a base...I think it is the phosphoric acid that is the culprit
sounds good to me! ... i was just repeating what he said... or more likely what i thought he said. i never scored well in chemistry!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
sounds good to me! ... i was just repeating what he said... or more likely what i thought he said. i never scored well in chemistry!
Well I give ya a A+ for picking doggies...

lol.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Just got back from WI #4 and it's official... I am in the 170's!! 179.9 but hey I'm there also lost 5 inches... my most yet! What a motivator, YAY!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your doing great....
Old 02-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 210/195/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Some tips for the Big C
  • Make sure you are eating your lettuce and/or add celery to one of your meals
  • Be sure you are drinking, at least, half your body weight in oz each day
  • Stay away from caffeine, or drink an equal amount of extra water for every oz of caffeinated beverage you drink
  • Take a walk. Movement helps “movements”
  • If you are drinking a lot of chocolate flavored items, stay away from the chocolate for a few meals until your body catches up.
  • Take 1-2 Digestive Enzymes at meals
  • Drink ˝ to 1 tablespoon of Magnesium Citrate with each meal until your body catches up. Be sure to buy the bottle sweetened with sucrolose (Splenda). Note: Do not confuse this with Milk of Magnesium. They are not the same
Thanks, soooo much!
Closed Thread