Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 218/144.0/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Wow....I have to know more about your success. What do you do? Do you exercise? Do you eat restricted? Congrats. I felt good that I have lost 63 since September 13th, but you have done 12 less days and 7 more pounds...MAJOR CONGRATS!!!!!

here is my typical day

shake or omelet for breakfast with 36 ounces of water

shake with lettuce and evoo for lunch with cucumber and celery sticks (every day)

36 ounces of water through the afternoon

IP bar for snack around 3pm

meat and 1 to 1 1/2 cups of veggies for dinner with evoo (usually collards, asparagus, spinach) 20 to 36 ounces of water through the evening.

Well, I didn't have any restricteds for the first... 6 weeks I'd say? After that, I tried to only have 2 per week, but some weeks were more because they were soooo good. For restricteds, I usually stuck with bars, with the occasional ridges thrown in.

I didn't exercise, although I have started to again the past two weeks.

My day
Breakfast - pudding pack made into a shake with lots of ice/water/cinnamon/and a drop of stevia
Lunch - soup with 2 cups steamed/roasted veggies (sometimes salad)
Supper - protein and 2 cups roasted veggies
8 pm - snack - pudding pack made into shake again.

I adore the shakes and look forward to eating them. But yeah, most of my day consisted of puddings and soups, with the odd restricted. Now one of my favourite meals is to make the cereal packet into a pancake by adding 2 egg whites, 1/2 tsp baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and fry it until done. Amazing!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #47  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebwood79 View Post
Love your avatar! Did you take the photo? I'm an avid, very hobbyist, oriented photographer. Looks like a shot I would try!
No I slurrped it from the web. I LOVE KITTIES and I have 3 of my own. I just couldn't resist those cute little pink toes!!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #48  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrrrl View Post
Hi! I figured I'd finally introduce myself since I've been reading for months.

I started IP on Sept 25th, 2010 with a goal that seemed impossible - 165. Today, I weigh 147. I LOVE IP and it has changed who I am.

My question is that now I want to get to 140. I started on phase 2 over a week ago and I've only lost a pound. Is it supposed to be that slow?
Quote:
Well, I didn't have any restricteds for the first... 6 weeks I'd say? After that, I tried to only have 2 per week, but some weeks were more because they were soooo good. For restricteds, I usually stuck with bars, with the occasional ridges thrown in.

My day
Breakfast - pudding pack made into a shake with lots of ice/water/cinnamon/and a drop of stevia

I adore the shakes and look forward to eating them. But yeah, most of my day consisted of puddings and soups, with the odd restricted. Now one of my favourite meals is to make the cereal packet into a pancake by adding 2 egg whites, 1/2 tsp baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and fry it until done. Amazing!
I too did not have any restricted for the first 5 weeks and then I had one for a week or two and then I have had one per day since. I actually started losing more when I added the one per day. I guess I will keep plugging along...great job
Old 02-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Sorry to hear that stebwood - i haven't had any issues and I was wondering if it was due to me taking enzymes that IP asks you to take. I take 2 before bed and I have not experienced any issues. Are you taking any type of enzymes?

I am sure the old timers on here will give you better advice

Good luck though and hang in there.
I was having the same issue and the Triple magnesum wasn't really working very well. Yesterday my coach told me to take enzymes and they work great! My tummy feels even flatter today. Good advice!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #50  

Quote:

My day

Do you crunch up the cereal, or just leave it as it is? I like doing recipes exact. That sounds very good and its hard for me to know which restricted I'm going to pick for the day since a lot of them are so good.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Popping in to say hi!
I have been away from the boards..but not away from program. I did take a week off at Christmas.

I want to encourage you all that this program does work. I have noticed that I am no longer a slave to food. Cake was my worst enemy and now I can be around it and not be tempted. I can listen to my body and say this enough.

As much as the weight I have lost, I am thankful for what I have gained in my
control over food. It does not have to control me. I feel free from food.

Hang in there all. It is worth it and remember to enjoy the journey and enjoy the life changes you are making.

I cannot even fathom eating a Big mac anymore and that was my fall back.

Have a great IP day!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone,
It's sunny and warm here in Los Angeles. I had my first WI this past Friday and had lost 5 lbs and 2 inches off of my waist. I have to say, I feel like I've tumbled into Oz. I have been controlling my Type II diabetes with diet and exercise for 5 years, exercising for at least an hour every day and never eating anything fun. Ever. But on this diet, my blood sugar has dropped to normal. Completely normal and I'm not exercising! The fact that I can have a Caramel Nut Bar or a Salty Snack? I'm in pig heaven, feel better, have less stress, am losing weight (another 3 lbs so far this week), losing inches (I wore my favorite blue shirt yesterday and it was like a tent), no longer have the daily "You MUST exercise or go BLIND" mentality, seriously, I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall because right now I'm freakin' thrilled. I feel hope for the first time in years. I didn't have a weight problem until I became Hypothryoid in the 90's and I gained like 25 lbs. Then they took my gallbladder out and I gained another 40 lbs. almost immediately. Then I was diagnosed diabetic and it's been all I can do to control that disease. I'm an actor here in LA, have done a fair amount of television and it's been hard to be overweight. I can't bear to watch the shows when I'm on. I'm a little concerned about heart health and muscle sculpting - I definitely want to feel like I can exercise while on this program, but I have taken the last 4 days off from the mental pressure of it. So, so far so good. I'm so glad that I found this diet.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

New to IP. Never posted anything anywhere, ever. Feel completely out of my element. Totally nervous to hit the send button.... I'm encouraged to read all of the success stories and hear words of encouragement shared here. Does anyone know how to connect to the buddy system? Day #1 with IP is halfway done!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #54  

Ok, head back in it. Last night I went to the doctors and I have to have a "procedure" done. I was supposed to do it a year ago but just procrastinated. Honestly I don't think I would have been able to do very good back then since I have to stay away from sugar for 3 months and eat vegetarian or organic meats. Now it will be no problem. I've already stayed away from sugar for 3 months and throwing in the organic part won't be difficult. After talking to her last night about this I am happy to stick to it.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Ok, head back in it. Last night I went to the doctors and I have to have a "procedure" done. I was supposed to do it a year ago but just procrastinated. Honestly I don't think I would have been able to do very good back then since I have to stay away from sugar for 3 months and eat vegetarian or organic meats. Now it will be no problem. I've already stayed away from sugar for 3 months and throwing in the organic part won't be difficult. After talking to her last night about this I am happy to stick to it.
Can I ask what sort of procedure would require such dietary restrictions? I've been living with dietary restrictions for health for a long time, and I'm curious to know what else would require them. No sugar and go organic is such a common phrase now for good health.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 218/144.0/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Do you crunch up the cereal, or just leave it as it is? I like doing recipes exact. That sounds very good and its hard for me to know which restricted I'm going to pick for the day since a lot of them are so good.
The actual recipe I copied from a forum here somewhere.

I made pancakes out of the Crispy Cereal packet by adding 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp baking powder, vanilla, butter flavouring, cinnamon, stevia, dash sea salt, and enough water to make pancake batter...spray frying pan and put batter in...turn over when light brown and cook other side...makes 2 nice sized pancakes... Serve with WF pancake syrup....,youd never know it was cereal.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #57  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
It's sunny and warm here in Los Angeles. I had my first WI this past Friday and had lost 5 lbs and 2 inches off of my waist. I have to say, I feel like I've tumbled into Oz. I have been controlling my Type II diabetes with diet and exercise for 5 years, exercising for at least an hour every day and never eating anything fun. Ever. But on this diet, my blood sugar has dropped to normal. Completely normal and I'm not exercising! The fact that I can have a Caramel Nut Bar or a Salty Snack? I'm in pig heaven, feel better, have less stress, am losing weight (another 3 lbs so far this week), losing inches (I wore my favorite blue shirt yesterday and it was like a tent), no longer have the daily "You MUST exercise or go BLIND" mentality, seriously, I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall because right now I'm freakin' thrilled. I feel hope for the first time in years. I didn't have a weight problem until I became Hypothryoid in the 90's and I gained like 25 lbs. Then they took my gallbladder out and I gained another 40 lbs. almost immediately. Then I was diagnosed diabetic and it's been all I can do to control that disease. I'm an actor here in LA, have done a fair amount of television and it's been hard to be overweight. I can't bear to watch the shows when I'm on. I'm a little concerned about heart health and muscle sculpting - I definitely want to feel like I can exercise while on this program, but I have taken the last 4 days off from the mental pressure of it. So, so far so good. I'm so glad that I found this diet.
this is fantastic! i am so glad that it is helping your diabetes. my mom is type II, and she has already gone blind in her right eye. last year she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and she had her thyroid removed in november. I really want her to do this diet because she needs to get her diabetes under control. she is very skeptical. she is meeting me in las vegas in march for my 30th birthday, and i made a deal with her that if look good when i see her (i saw her in october at 235 lbs.), she will have to start IP. i'm in my fourth week, down 18 lbs and i'm hoping for at least another 30 before the end of march. i think this diet could save my mom's life, so i'm working as hard as i can...

congrats on your loss! you will feel amazing, and the changes will be very noticeable soon!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Good Morning All!

I should introduce myself, my name is Lorette and I live in Grande Prairie, AB. My BF and I started Phase 1 Sunday January 23 and had our first WI Monday Jan 31and we are both down 12 lbs already - it truly is amazing! We read the recipe threads and have tried and loved many of them - please keep posting them!!!

You senior members and all your advice is very encouraging... especially when you have 100 lbs to lose like myself (my BF wants to lose about 70).. so up front, let me say thank you! We don't have meetings here, just a place to pick up product and our Chiropractor who helped us get started.... I've actually turned him onto this site! :0)

So, here's to be great big losers! I hope to post more great news and eventually tips of my own!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Hello fellow IPers!

Today I have come to the realization that I need to STOP being a daily weigher. I don't let what the scale says govern my day, however it is still very discouraging. This morning my scale said I was up 3 lbs since Saturday! I told it that was impossible and promptly stepped off. I guess I should just keep my weigh-ins for Thursdays when I go to an appointment. That will be very difficult for me!

I am interested to see how my second week WI goes. My first week was 4 lbs and then I realized I was using too much oil. Haha. Oops! So I corrected that this week and we will see how it goes. I am drinking extra water to help flush out whatever that extra 3 lbs may be!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #60  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Swinging on down from the rafters again... I should have named myself Raftergirl... lol. Too late!

Supplement question: What size bottles do your clinics sell them, hmm like. 100 per bottle, 50 per bottle or 300 per bottle. I'm just curious, because I just don't see me being on IP for to long, maybe 6 weeks, 8 at the most. Just trying to plan it so I don't have a boat load of vitamins left. I have a awesom girl that works at my RX place and I know her real well (thanks to my hubby with all of his scripts) and I know that I could fax her the list that I found online of the IP vitamins and the breakdowns, so that maybe I could buy a smaller quanity, it thats the case.

Also, I'm not so good at taking horsey size pills, so can they be broke in half or even crushed.

Thanks for the help and thanks again for all the motivation!!!
Closed Thread