Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #91  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I am new to this page. I am 34 years old. I weigh 265 and I am desperte to lose weight. I have been doing pretty good for about three weeks,but it is getting harder by the day. I swear I don't know how people do it...
Hang in there and read more on 3FC. That should help. It does get easier. Maybe check out the thread "things you wish your coach had told you". Tons of great advise there.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Can you share how you made your turnip fries? I tried the recipe in the thread and they were mediocre at best and started to burn but were not crispy. Thanks.
I slice mine very thin and use parchment paper to back them on. Helps dry them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Dang it! I had to weigh in a day early due to the weather this is week #2....I only lost .2 pounds but I did lose 8.5". Where did it go? UGHHH! I will look only at the positive. 12.2 pounds and 23 inches in two weeks isn't too bad. I CAN...I CAN...I CAN do this!
Congrats. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Inches is the most important thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbailey View Post
I am new to this page. I am 34 years old. I weigh 265 and I am desperte to lose weight. I have been doing pretty good for about three weeks,but it is getting harder by the day. I swear I don't know how people do it...
(all this has been said before by others so I am just saying what I have heard)
Mix it up! Breakfast for dinner or lunch for dinner. Try to eat your salads between meals so you are eating pretty much all day. (if you are not already)
Worth a try right?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Hang in there and read more on 3FC. That should help. It does get easier. Maybe check out the thread "things you wish your coach had told you". Tons of great advise there.
I just bumped it... great info...

hugs
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Can you tell I am home sick today?
Dr. Oz also says to take cal/mag alone. 2 hours between. If taken with at the sametime as a multivitamin the cal/mag blocks the effectiveness of the multivitamin. Dr. Oz also said not to take your thyroid medication with the cal/mag which has been discussed here on this forum numerous times.
The phase 1 sheet that I received from my coach says to take multi and cal/mag together with breakfast. I am going to try and take them seperately. Can't hurt!
I love Dr. Oz!!!

I've heard that about the multivitamin and cal/mag before... probably on an old Dr. Oz show! My Phase 1 sheet says to take 2 Cal/Mag at Dinner and 2 Cal/Mag at Snack and then take my multivitamins at Breakfast and Lunch.... so that is funny that yours says to take your Cal/Mag in the morning?

And that reminds me... I have also heard somewhere that is it good to take Cal/Mag at night before bed... I can't remember where I heard this or what the reason is... maybe someone else can explain if they know.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #95  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I posted this on another thread but I think it can get more views here:

I'm doing my research on products with carb contents to prepare for the guidelines on phases 3 and 4. The breakfast on phase 3 calls for no more than 30 grams of carbs in whole grain bread or cereal and no more than 20 grams in fruit. Which carbs do I count, whole content as stated in the label or net crabs? I'm assuming net carbs is the number of carbs minus the fiber grams. Am I right?
Iam ready to go on phase3. This guideline is also one of my concerns. Do we have to count and keep up with the carbs in each food?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #96  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Thanks for this suggestion!.. the meringue bites sound so good!.. I'm hoping I can substitute stevia for the Splenda... should be the same measurements, I think... & I wonder how adding a little cocoa would be... and/or some cherry extract... or coconut extract or maple or ... yummmmmmm...:
I haven't tried baking with Stevia. I have to use the Splenda baking blend for the meringue cookies. We change up the extract flavors from the vanilla in the recipe to coconut, raspberry, peppermint, etc. Coconut tastes like toasted marshmallows. Heavenly. My bf calls them his little bites of heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly30 View Post
Hi--I'm on day 3 and I'm feeling pretty good--just wanted to know if I'm supposed to weigh my meat before I cook it? (I was weighing it afterwards and 5 oz looked like a lot of food!)
My coach says weigh after you cook it. Yes, it seems like a lot of meat but after a few weeks it is no problem at all to eat up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
How does everyone measure their spinach? Packed in the cup? Loose? Just hoping I'm not eating too much.
Spinach is really high in carbs so I don't pack it in, but I do with Spring Greens when measuring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
I've heard that about the multivitamin and cal/mag before... probably on an old Dr. Oz show! My Phase 1 sheet says to take 2 Cal/Mag at Dinner and 2 Cal/Mag at Snack and then take my multivitamins at Breakfast and Lunch.... so that is funny that yours says to take your Cal/Mag in the morning?

And that reminds me... I have also heard somewhere that is it good to take Cal/Mag at night before bed... I can't remember where I heard this or what the reason is... maybe someone else can explain if they know.
I've heard this before too. Now I want to go research more.....googling
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #97  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Just got back from WI #4 and it's official... I am in the 170's!! 179.9 but hey I'm there also lost 5 inches... my most yet! What a motivator, YAY!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #98  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Hi everyone,
Today I got to edit my signature. Seeing my progress on the ticker makes me feel so much better. I love it. I have been very busy this week but hopefully after this week I can start blogging more. Well, today was a great day and I hope the rest of the week is the same way. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #99  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Hello everyone!!! I haven't posted in awhile, but I do jump in and read all of the posts. A big welcome to all of the newbies, you will love this new way of eating.

Had my WI today and I'm officially in the 150s!!! Just like Rach Can Do It, I'm only in by 1 lb, but that's okay with me.

Congrats to everyone for all of the weight/inches that you may have lost and all of the NSVs. Everyday gets us all a little closer to our goals.

Have a great evening!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
I haven't tried baking with Stevia. I have to use the Splenda baking blend for the meringue cookies. We change up the extract flavors from the vanilla in the recipe to coconut, raspberry, peppermint, etc. Coconut tastes like toasted marshmallows. Heavenly. My bf calls them his little bites of heaven.
Are these acceptable in all phases??? SOUND amazing!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #101  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
I love Dr. Oz!!!

Magnesium has a calming effect - I suspect this is why they have us take them toward the end of the day vs the beginning
Old 02-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #102  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I am loving IP and am so glad that I decided to sign on to the program. I just started week four, clothes that haven't fit in forever are already seeming big! Such an amazing feeling. I even thru out my old one piece and ordered a bikini from Victoria Secret. I am setting my goal high. Any way my name is Kathy. I've lost 13 pounds on the program and 5 before I started so I am now down 18 pounds. I'm almost halft way to my goal!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #103  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Hello fellow IPers!

Today I have come to the realization that I need to STOP being a daily weigher. I don't let what the scale says govern my day, however it is still very discouraging. This morning my scale said I was up 3 lbs since Saturday! I told it that was impossible and promptly stepped off. I guess I should just keep my weigh-ins for Thursdays when I go to an appointment. That will be very difficult for me!
Good girl! I was a daily weigher the first week because I just needed to KNOW that the plan (and all the suffering) was working. After that, I put it away. I only weigh at my WI on my coach's scale. One time, I got on my scale 4 times in a row and I got 4 different weights! Have your husband (or a friend or whatever) hide your scale so you don't know where it is. It will help you stop focusing on that number. There are SO MANY FACTORS that affect our weights throughout the day/week. Only doing it at your WI will keep you sane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Swinging on down from the rafters again... I should have named myself Raftergirl... lol. Too late!

Supplement question: What size bottles do your clinics sell them, hmm like. 100 per bottle, 50 per bottle or 300 per bottle. I'm just curious, because I just don't see me being on IP for to long, maybe 6 weeks, 8 at the most. Just trying to plan it so I don't have a boat load of vitamins left. I have a awesom girl that works at my RX place and I know her real well (thanks to my hubby with all of his scripts) and I know that I could fax her the list that I found online of the IP vitamins and the breakdowns, so that maybe I could buy a smaller quanity, it thats the case.

Also, I'm not so good at taking horsey size pills, so can they be broke in half or even crushed.

Thanks for the help and thanks again for all the motivation!!!
The Pot-Cal (1x day) is in a bottle of 100, the Cal-Mag (4x day) is in a bottle of 120 and the Multi-Vita (2x day) is in a bottle of 60. Both the Pot-CAl & Cal-Mag can be broken in half. I don't know if crushing them would affect anything, but I suspect that you could ask a pharmacist about that. The Multi-Vita is a capsule, but you could probably separate the halves and just get the powder out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Hi everyone,
Today I got to edit my signature. Seeing my progress on the ticker makes me feel so much better. I love it. I have been very busy this week but hopefully after this week I can start blogging more. Well, today was a great day and I hope the rest of the week is the same way. Hope everyone is doing well.
I love editing my ticker! It's the first thing I do when I get home from WI - update the Valentine's day challenge chart & ticker, update my 3FC profile & ticker and update my excel spreadsheet where I track my losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I am loving IP and am so glad that I decided to sign on to the program. I just started week four, clothes that haven't fit in forever are already seeming big! Such an amazing feeling. I even thru out my old one piece and ordered a bikini from Victoria Secret. I am setting my goal high. Any way my name is Kathy. I've lost 13 pounds on the program and 5 before I started so I am now down 18 pounds. I'm almost halft way to my goal!!
hehehehe - I just got my VS bikini in the mail! I love it. It's hot.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #104  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
Are these acceptable in all phases??? SOUND amazing!!
For most they will be fine if you have all unrestricted items that day.

My mom (who is in phase1) eats them every day and still has her restricted and has stayed consistently losing 2.5-3 lb. each week.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #105  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Hello everyone!!! I haven't posted in awhile, but I do jump in and read all of the posts. A big welcome to all of the newbies, you will love this new way of eating.

Had my WI today and I'm officially in the 150s!!! Just like Rach Can Do It, I'm only in by 1 lb, but that's okay with me.

Congrats to everyone for all of the weight/inches that you may have lost and all of the NSVs. Everyday gets us all a little closer to our goals.

Have a great evening!!!!
WooHoo! Congrats on the 150's! we rock!
Closed Thread