Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #61  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Hello fellow IPers!

Today I have come to the realization that I need to STOP being a daily weigher. I don't let what the scale says govern my day, however it is still very discouraging. This morning my scale said I was up 3 lbs since Saturday! I told it that was impossible and promptly stepped off. I guess I should just keep my weigh-ins for Thursdays when I go to an appointment. That will be very difficult for me!

I am interested to see how my second week WI goes. My first week was 4 lbs and then I realized I was using too much oil. Haha. Oops! So I corrected that this week and we will see how it goes. I am drinking extra water to help flush out whatever that extra 3 lbs may be!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Lalison....

I agree with you. Save your WI'ing for once a week... I would think that would give you something to look forward to and keep yourself focus. Then when you get your true WI and those pounds are falling off, imagine all the happy dances you will do!

Welcome all you first time posters and newbies!!! You guys will love it here, that's a promise! This great group of IP'ers, won't bite, they won't even bark, will they Svelting? LMAO! They will give you guidence, friendship and advice. They will give you a shoulder to cry on and a tissue, they will pick you up when you are down and will motivate & inspire you, so that you reach that goal weight...
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #62  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebwood79 View Post
I'm struggling with this big time, and never have before. Is it because I'm eating so little? I eat all of my veggies everyday and drink at the very least 120 ounces of water everyday...help!! I'm about to blow up....
Hi -- there is a whole thread on this called "getting it moving" or something like that -- there are some good ideas there - I know IP sell Novi-Lax which some like -my coach lets me use a product called Calm by Natural Vitality - it works GREAT and tastes good.

Hope this helps - the big C is awful. Keep eating your romain lettuce that will help too.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 229/224.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Default And I have...

Okay, don't shoot me for asking this, but can we have diet coke with splenda? I'm not a huge pop (or soda for all you non Oregonians) person - and I have no problem drinking all the required H2O - I drank water like a camel before starting this - but I just need something to break it up. I already drink the IP Pink Lemonade. And the water with a slice of lemon is okay. But I was wondering if the stuff with Splenda was allowed...just a couple times a week.

First WI in less than 2 hours - fingers crossed I'll have good news to report!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #64  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I came home from WI all jazzed about my loss and my new products and found that my dog ate my shaker lid!! I'll go get a new one tomorrow but we're in a blizzard so we'll see. Any alternative ideas for mixing?
Aren't dogs funny (who knew the shaker lid would be such a fun distraction) I sometimes pass my shaker all together and use my magic bullet or blender - just make sure you put the water in first - you can also do it with an immersion blender if you have one of those (but water first)
Old 02-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #65  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Big C tips

Quote:
I'm struggling with this big time, and never have before. Is it because I'm eating so little? I eat all of my veggies everyday and drink at the very least 120 ounces of water everyday...help!! I'm about to blow up....
Some tips for the Big C
  • Make sure you are eating your lettuce and/or add celery to one of your meals
  • Be sure you are drinking, at least, half your body weight in oz each day
  • Stay away from caffeine, or drink an equal amount of extra water for every oz of caffeinated beverage you drink
  • Take a walk. Movement helps “movements”
  • If you are drinking a lot of chocolate flavored items, stay away from the chocolate for a few meals until your body catches up.
  • Take 1-2 Digestive Enzymes at meals
  • Drink ˝ to 1 tablespoon of Magnesium Citrate with each meal until your body catches up. Be sure to buy the bottle sweetened with sucrolose (Splenda). Note: Do not confuse this with Milk of Magnesium. They are not the same
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #66  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Deb, are you eating your lettuce? I have found that when I skip the lettuce for whatever reason, I get "backed up" so to speak. Do your lettuce, drink your water. If you need extra water, how about hot tea? It may help. Once I tried milk of magnesia at bedtime and it helped me out in the morning. But, if you follow protocol, it shouldn't be a typical problem. Good luck!!

ETA: Oops, Sheila beat me to it - with better tips too! Thanks Sheila!

Last edited by SallyM; 02-01-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #67  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebwood79
Sorry to hear you are struggling with this issue. Are you a fan of dill pickles? They are 0/0/0, and I will have 2-3 if I am extra hungry in the afternoon. Whenever I do, it gets by belly rumbling, and may give you an extra push!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Omega oils

From a discussion last week about grapeseed oil and the fact that is has so much Omega 6 in it. I have have gone back to EVOO.
I just watched an episode of Dr. Oz from last week. He talked about Omega oils. How wonderful Omega 3's are and how we need to really seek out Omega 3's. Found in wild foods, which we do not get very much of anymore, mostly from fish. The lack of Omega 3's leads to all kinds of bad stuff. Heart attacks, weak nails, joint pain, itchy scalp and on and on.
Omega 6's are found in most pre packaged foods so we do not need to seek Omega 6's. Too much Omega 6 causes inflamation and it actually fights the Omega 3.
The desired about of Omega 3's in the cells should be 8+%. (8 being the lowest amount)
The best sources for Omega 3's (again according to Dr. Oz) are: salmon(wild caught fish farm raised salmon has been feed corn so it high in Omega 6), sardines, flax seeds (I am thining to start using some flaxseed oil along with EVOO)
Dr. Oz recommends having 600 mg of Omega 3's (DHA Omega fats) daily.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #69  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples1125 View Post
Okay, don't shoot me for asking this, but can we have diet coke with splenda? I'm not a huge pop (or soda for all you non Oregonians) person - and I have no problem drinking all the required H2O - I drank water like a camel before starting this - but I just need something to break it up. I already drink the IP Pink Lemonade. And the water with a slice of lemon is okay. But I was wondering if the stuff with Splenda was allowed...just a couple times a week.

Soda is a big no-no. There are other options like Stevita sticks (flavored Stevia that makes your water like Kool-aid). You can always drink some tea. Another option is taking DaVinci Sugar-Free syrups and pouring it into your water. There are great flavors like Root Beer, Cherry, Chai, etc. that take water up a notch.

I hope this helps you some.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #70  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples1125 View Post

My coach says that the carbonation is bad to have, so mine would say no. (this may vary by coach) My coach also says that you can have up to 4 individual packets of crystal light a day. They have so many flavors now that it really helps me to break up my water. Good luck!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default One more thing from Dr. Oz

Can you tell I am home sick today?
Dr. Oz also says to take cal/mag alone. 2 hours between. If taken with at the sametime as a multivitamin the cal/mag blocks the effectiveness of the multivitamin. Dr. Oz also said not to take your thyroid medication with the cal/mag which has been discussed here on this forum numerous times.
The phase 1 sheet that I received from my coach says to take multi and cal/mag together with breakfast. I am going to try and take them seperately. Can't hurt!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #72  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Dang it! I had to weigh in a day early due to the weather this is week #2....I only lost .2 pounds but I did lose 8.5". Where did it go? UGHHH! I will look only at the positive. 12.2 pounds and 23 inches in two weeks isn't too bad. I CAN...I CAN...I CAN do this!
Keep your head up!! This was me last week, only .2, but this week was -6! Just stick with protocal and you will be fine!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #73  
Started 1/31/11

S/C/G: 268.8/258/145

Height: 5'7"

Carbonation is bad? I drink sparkling water is that a no no?
Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #74  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
New to IP. Never posted anything anywhere, ever. Feel completely out of my element. Totally nervous to hit the send button.... I'm encouraged to read all of the success stories and hear words of encouragement shared here. Does anyone know how to connect to the buddy system? Day #1 with IP is halfway done!
TO IP!! I love reading the successes! It keeps me motivated to say NO to all the "naughty" foods! Like the peanut butter M & Ms that were offered to me today!!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #75  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

I was told that it was the aspartame and the acid in diet sodas and their effect it has on our pancreas and it being counterproductive while on IP. If you search the threads under aspartame or diet soda you'll find the previous conversations.
Closed Thread