Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #91  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Did my WI#3 this morning. Only down 1 lbs which is ok as I am TOM. Feeling great and still working the protocol.

foreveryoung - way to get back in the game!!

Have a great day everyone.
great job keep up the hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Well, WI #18 is in!!!!

After 13 weeks of 2 pound Susie, and 4 weeks of 0.......

I AM DOWN 5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!
AND 2 INCHES!!!!!!!!!

I am now thinking about sticking it out another week on Phase 2, I might get to the 140's before I leave on vacation!

I am so excited. I haven't weighed this since before I had my son!!!!!
AWESOME!!!! keep up the great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
To my utter disbelief WI #2 resulted in an additional 4 pounds lost which puts me at a total of 14 pounds lost in 2 weeks -- I made my coach weigh me twice just to make sure --what this proves to me is that that unfortunately my body cannot do carbs (fortunately I found this out now) - although I am not diabetic I am 100% convinced, given how I respond to a low carb diet vs a normal to high carb diet, that I would have become one in the future - I celebrate my weight loss and my new found knowledge - the knowledge part is empowering the weight loss just makes me feel good - Hopefully next week I will be in ONEDERLAND (haven't been there in at least 3 years)

Thinking happy IP thoughts for all of you!!!!!
Congrats keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdixie View Post
I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am new to the post and read daily to find tips and new recipes. This is my second time on IP but first time posting. It's great to hear eveyone's thoughts about the diet and comforting to know that there are people going through the same struggles.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Welcome you have come to a great site full of information and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Today is day 7 form me and my scale says im down 9 lbs, I couldn't be happier or more motivated to reach my goal.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Awesome keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Happy Friday, everyone!!

I'm 10 days in to IP and 10 lbs down. I feel immensely better, clothes fit better and I feel so accomplished that I can stick to something 100%
keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Hello everyone!!

I just came back from my second WI and I lost 2,4 pounds. I'm pretty happy because I had a cheat on saturday. In 2 weeks I've lost 6,4 pounds. WOW!! That's awesome!!!

But now I have a friend who just called me to invite me tonight to have a drink with her and she say one guy that I have seen in a party will be there tonight. I remember I liked this guy... but.. enough to go in a bar and maybe cheat?? I don't feel like having a sparkling water in a bar I'm not really sure what I should do..

I know that my focus right now is on this diet, so maybe I should not go.

Anyways.. Have a great day to all of you!
Congrats keep up the good work.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

amber2beme:
Thank you for your response and all your advice it's really appreciate it! Congratulation for your sobriety. It's a good thing for you! I really hope your dinner have been great.. Iknow it's not easy, I totally understand you. You don't want your friend to feel bad, but you don't want to cheat anymore!

On my part this evening have been canceled! I'm a bit happy.. but it's just delayed to an other moment. I will need to try to go out without having a drink.. I really don't want to be appart of my friends during all this process.

On an other note, I just feel that my roomate is kind of jealous of my success, she says it's not healthy to loose too much to fast.. I'm almost down 7 pounds in two weeks.. I don't think it's that bad!! I think her eating her cake each night is not better!! She makes me feel bad because I refuse to eat her lasagna .. Ohh well.. I hope she will understand why i'm doing this when she sees me in my bikini this summer!!
Vanessa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Start Tomorrow

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the posts here for about a week, am starting the program tomorrow. I've been waiting since early December to start, at my cardiologists suggestion. She's starting her first focus group tomorrow and I'm in it. Very anxious, excited, nervous, ready to start. I have Type II diabetes that I have almost completely in check through diet and exercise. I was dismayed to discover when I got my blood sugars down to almost normal that I had developed high blood pressure. I am averse to medication (other than the t4/t3 capsule I take daily for my hypo-thyroidism) so I'm going to do Ideal Protein to lose more weight, but mostly to get healthy. I have lost 41 pounds on my own, just following a fairly low carb lifestyle. But I want to weigh and feel how I did before all this weight/thyroid/diabetes/gallbladder problem started and changed my body so drastically.
All of you are incredibly inspirational - I look forward to experiencing the health, vigor and successful weight loss that you all have.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I NEED help!!
I'm going out tonight and refuse to drink alcohol and risk thowing myself out of ketosis.. What are your suggestions on what to have to at least be able to mingle with the large crowd at the bar I'm going to??
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I have to agree with things not tasting the same as you remember. So many times, I will bite into something, and think, ewwww, this doesn't taste the same as I imagined. It helps to make me not want it! LOL!
Thanks Susan for that! I keep telling myself that "one day I can eat ____ again" and I'm hoping that I won't even like it then, and that's ok. When I ate like I did before, that's what gave me the problems in the first place.

I was told that I was doing this weight loss the quick and easy way and when I "stop" doing this that I'll gain it back and then some. My response was that it does seem like 3 mo is quick to loose 50 pounds, but every single event that has happened, halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years, Birthdays, BBQ's the list goes on, I've worked very hard to stay on protocol and it was NOT easy one bit! I don't plan on going off IP, I want a healthy life from here on out. If it were so "easy" then why doesn't everyone do it?? Yes, it does get easier, but I still have my hard days where I want to just blow it and eat off plan. I keep remembering the words, "its not worth it."
Last night I went out with friends at a bar, I ate steak, ceasar salad with only the lettuce brought my own dressing, and salt. Asked for a side of steamed plain dry veggis (why is it hard to understand??) came back dripping in butter. Had them bring back some plain. And water with lemon wedges. I was told, that sucks you can't drink? everyone else will have fun and you can't?? I said I don't have to have a drink to have fun! It was a good time and it was nice to not have to make a choice of all the bad stuff on the menu. I knew what I was going to have before hand, it took out the guess work.
Have a great night all!!
AmyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #96  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
Okay, I NEED help!!
I'm going out tonight and refuse to drink alcohol and risk thowing myself out of ketosis.. What are your suggestions on what to have to at least be able to mingle with the large crowd at the bar I'm going to??

I drank water the last time I went out. It's really not that big of a deal to not drink alcohol. Or is it??
machbasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #97  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the posts here for about a week, am starting the program tomorrow. I've been waiting since early December to start, at my cardiologists suggestion. She's starting her first focus group tomorrow and I'm in it. Very anxious, excited, nervous, ready to start. I have Type II diabetes that I have almost completely in check through diet and exercise. I was dismayed to discover when I got my blood sugars down to almost normal that I had developed high blood pressure. I am averse to medication (other than the t4/t3 capsule I take daily for my hypo-thyroidism) so I'm going to do Ideal Protein to lose more weight, but mostly to get healthy. I have lost 41 pounds on my own, just following a fairly low carb lifestyle. But I want to weigh and feel how I did before all this weight/thyroid/diabetes/gallbladder problem started and changed my body so drastically.
All of you are incredibly inspirational - I look forward to experiencing the health, vigor and successful weight loss that you all have.
Welcome and good luck you can do this.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
I drank water the last time I went out. It's really not that big of a deal to not drink alcohol. Or is it??
No, it's not a big deal.. I was just wondering if there was something not cheating that I could drink instead of water.
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #99  

Couts71 how's your wife doing?
AmyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #100  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone!! Looks like everyone had a good week! Push through the weekend!

Dumb question - what is the # of carbs we should have daily????
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #101  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Welcome!! You will love this place!!!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #102  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Welcome!! I am on day 4 and this forum has already helped me so much!!!! There are a ton of very smart IPer's on here to help us out!! Glad you are here!!
DinobowerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #103  

Question Had An Extra Shake

I Had An Extra Shake Tonight... Am I In Trouble?
Adnamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #104  

Default Scared

Today is day 4 for me and I'm scared that the diet is not working... I've tried so many diets in the past that it's really difficult to get over that fear. I will try my best to stick with it. This forum is a huge help... thanks guys!
Adnamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #105  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
Today is day 4 for me and I'm scared that the diet is not working... I've tried so many diets in the past that it's really difficult to get over that fear. I will try my best to stick with it. This forum is a huge help... thanks guys!
Adnamaj...

I have not started IP as of yet, but I think you should just breathe, maybe breathe very deep. I think you will be pleasently surprised at your first weight in. Best of luck... YOU can do this!!! :
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote