Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #46  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silado529 View Post
First Goal- to get through the day with no BLT's (bites, licks, & tastes) of anything I am not supposed to have. Now I am officially on IP and have 31 pounds of fat to lose according to my initial consult this week. So is my husband so I have some home support!
You cracked me up. But some of the other things you said sobered me down, right away. These are tips to add to your sister's; and I hope you take them seriously.

--64 oz of water, unless you weigh about 110-115 pounds, is NOT enough. You need to drink 1/2 ounce for each pound of body weight plus 10. Aim for 100 ounces, or a bit more.

--2-4 extra egg whites a day will throw the total amount of protein you need way out of kilter and add about 100 calories.

-- Noshing on vegetables and putting them in your omelet is OK IF you stick to 4 cups of unrestricted vegetables a day. If you need something crunchy for breakfast, have 1 cup of your four cups of salad; (romaine strongly recommended because of the minerals and potassium.

--Ground turkey -- read the label very, very carefully. Often ground turkey has more calories and fat that regular hamburger. Go for 90% fat free or better if you use ground chicken, turkey, beef, or pork. Pork is often the leanest (97%) if you buy the low fat product and it's ideal in stuffed cabbage. Finally, watch the sodium in pickles. Don't go much over 1500 mg/day including the sodium in all the foods you eat

--You've probably read that jello is not a complete food vis a vis the IP program. It lacks some of the essential amino acids.

--On the other hand, your enthusiasm and determination are so great that you can do this. Try to find a find a good spread sheet or program that tracks calories, carbs, sugar, fiber, fat, water, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and vitamins C and D. The last four are very light on this program, as is fiber. I'd send you a spread sheet but I don't think I can until you post 20 times. GOOD LUCK.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #47  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Boo, that's to bad, I really like green beans!!!

I haven't received my IP stuff yet. Last night I grocery shopped and bought alot of veggies! I am so pumped to get going on this protocol.

How is everyone doing today?
Go to th Phases sticky. It includes all the information your coach is likely to give you.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #48  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I haven't even started yet, and I am concerned about the first 3 days or so
Hey! What's to be concerned about? Either you want to lose fat or you don't. If you do, you won't find an easier or more supportive program. But you've still got 3 days to get your head around the program. Just sit for a while, grinning, day dreaming about what you'll be in a few months.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #49  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I have had a bit of trouble just getting to this page.

Any advice you would offer for Week 1?
Please go to the very first post in this thread. There you'll find the URL that will get you into ALL of the IP threads and stickies. Read, read, read. This forum is like buying a seven volume guide to health, but free. And good luck.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #50  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Perhaps someone can help answer this question....my co-worker had a colostomy and wants to follow the IP plan...I know she has some things she can't eat i.e. nuts, come veggies, etc. but can't see how the plan would be detrimental...has anyone heard this question before?

Thanks,

Marilyn

I don't think we're qualified to answer that, Marilyn. But a really good coach should be able to AND he or she can also ask the main office.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #51  

I'm about to place another order from Netrition and would love a new WF salad dressing suggestion. I've bought Bacon Ranch and that's my favorite. Also, I have a few that are okay, but a long way from being my favorites (Creamy Bacon, Russian, Caesar, Bleu Cheese.)

I make one that's good, but getting old...Creole Mustard, EVOO, lemon juice, Splenda, and a little water to thin.

Has anyone tried the Sun Dried Tomato? I'm hoping it isn't as sweet as the others and am tempted to try it, but thought I'd see if anyone has tried it and would mind sharing their opinion.

My favorite things so far from Netrition have been the WF Chocolate (great in puddings and drinks.) Caramel is okay, but not my favorite. I'll definitely be ordering more of this. The other favorite is the DaVinci Egg Nog sugar free syrup. I've really enjoying this in vanilla pudding, using much more water and/or Sonic ice to make a nice size "egg nog shake".

TIA for any opinions of the Sun Dried Tomato dressing or any other WF that's not so sweet.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #52  

Quote:
I haven't even started yet, and I am concerned about the first 3 days or so. <snip> I am a carbaholic, giving them up scares me.
Quote:
Headaches are from the detoxing (lack of carbs/sugars)... i found that if you drink LOTS of water, the headache will subside. If that doesn't help, take a shot of sea salt - headache will disappear.

You will find that after a few days, you will lose the desire to eat junk food and experience an "anorexic high" (someone described it this way). When I heard that on Day 1, I thought that person was on glue but they were bang on right! I never thought that *I* would *not* be interested in food. I find that i'm very excited to see what I look like in the morning - every morning is like Christmas with smaller thighs, smaller tummy, and a smaller number on the scale. *That* feeling is much better than anything I've ever ate or drank.

Try to get all you water in before 7:30pm or you will be up all night, peeing

Quote:
I am currently taking probotics first thing in the morning. Should I continue taking these while on IP?
Yes. Just check the ingredients to make sure that there isn't any lactose or sucrose or any other kind of sweetener (other than sucralose or stevia). I mix my probiotics in with my breakfast shake, along with VitC powder (unsweetened).

Congratulations on all the great weight-losses over the Christmas break, everyone!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 159.8/137.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
You cracked me up. But some of the other things you said sobered me down, right away. These are tips to add to your sister's; and I hope you take them seriously.

--64 oz of water, unless you weigh about 110-115 pounds, is NOT enough. You need to drink 1/2 ounce for each pound of body weight plus 10. Aim for 100 ounces, or a bit more.

--2-4 extra egg whites a day will throw the total amount of protein you need way out of kilter and add about 100 calories.

-- Noshing on vegetables and putting them in your omelet is OK IF you stick to 4 cups of unrestricted vegetables a day. If you need something crunchy for breakfast, have 1 cup of your four cups of salad; (romaine strongly recommended because of the minerals and potassium.

--Ground turkey -- read the label very, very carefully. Often ground turkey has more calories and fat that regular hamburger. Go for 90% fat free or better if you use ground chicken, turkey, beef, or pork. Pork is often the leanest (97%) if you buy the low fat product and it's ideal in stuffed cabbage. Finally, watch the sodium in pickles. Don't go much over 1500 mg/day including the sodium in all the foods you eat

--You've probably read that jello is not a complete food vis a vis the IP program. It lacks some of the essential amino acids.

--On the other hand, your enthusiasm and determination are so great that you can do this. Try to find a find a good spread sheet or program that tracks calories, carbs, sugar, fiber, fat, water, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and vitamins C and D. The last four are very light on this program, as is fiber. I'd send you a spread sheet but I don't think I can until you post 20 times. GOOD LUCK.
Linden....
Thank you so much for the info. I haven't had to nosh on anything today...have felt full & I made sure that my veggies are all on the unlimited list, except the peppers that I put in my lunch salad were not cooked.
I will increase the water- thanks for that tip.
I did not know that I shouldn't have extra egg whites...as a matter of fact adding them to my IP this morning was the suggestion at my meeting. I will ask when I go in on Monday.

BTW...I noticed you live in Hawaii! I was there this summer! I wish I could have stayed!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #54  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Well I had WI#7 today and I am down -4.8 lbs for a total weight loss off -48.2 lbs since starting IP. I thought I would have a bad week because it has been hard to stay on plan going back and forth to the hospital with my wife. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of my WI and I am happy to say that my wife is on the road to recovery. I also have lost my butt and went from a size 48 pant to size 42. Wahoo
Old 12-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #55  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Okay guys!! DH & I are back!!
I lost 2.9 pounds and 1.75 inches (total -13.75 inches). DH lost 5 pounds and 2 inches. !!!!! I guess not cheating on Christmas paid off for hubby and I.

Our coach said we were their ONLY clients who lost this week and did not cheat!!! How awesome is that?!?!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #56  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon, everyone! Day 2 of IP today and this thread has really been helping me get through today. Had a massive headache and nausea around noon, but did a sea salt shot (where's the tequila and lime???) and it went away. Tonight is a kid birthday party for my bff's kids, and planning to stay strong through the (disgusting) foods that they'll serve. I kind of freaked out for a moment because when feeding my twins their yogurt for breakfast, out of habit I licked the spoon. Those BLTs are the hardest thing because they're so subconscious and ingrained. Oh well, I'll get used to it, right?

Congrats on your 11 week weigh-in! That's awesome.

To the poster in South LA--thanks! It's so helpful to know I can succeed here, even if it is tough.

You all are a wealth of information, and I've been reading, reading, reading, and reading some more.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #57  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi....I am totally new to 3Fat Chicks & to IP. My mom, sister & bro-in-law have all been doing it and have had amazing results. So my husband and I officially started today.
I would like to join your blog and/or threads, get recipes & support. Is there a monthly thread or just a blog? I have had a bit of trouble just getting to this page.

My advice for the first week is stick to your guns and do not cheat. It gets easy after the first week.

For more info on this forum, check out this link

Quote:
I am currently taking probotics first thing in the morning. Should I continue taking these while on IP?
Probiotics will not hurt you at all. I take them and digestive enzymes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGal View Post
Thanks for your input! I don't use caffeine or artificial sweeteners, so they are not the issue. I have been especially careful to get lettuce at lunch and dinner using the 2 t. olive oil between the two meals. I fear I am out of keotosis, or at least a very slow loser. (I am averaging around 2 pounds/week). I believe I will try a 4th packet because I fear that I can't stick with this if I continue to always feel so hungry....
I've been less than a 2lb average almost my entire time on IP. There is nothing wrong with that. It is still a loss. I tried everything from IP boot camp, etc. On days I felt like you are describing an extra unrestricted never changed my weight loss. Your body is trying to tell you something, so try the extra packet and see if that makes things better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
This forum is like buying a seven volume guide to health, but free. And good luck.
AMEN!!!! This forum has opened up a wealth of information to me. I am not sure I would've been successful on IP without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well I had WI#7 today and I am down -4.8 lbs for a total weight loss off -48.2 lbs since starting IP. I thought I would have a bad week because it has been hard to stay on plan going back and forth to the hospital with my wife. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of my WI and I am happy to say that my wife is on the road to recovery. I also have lost my butt and went from a size 48 pant to size 42. Wahoo
Congrats on the great loss!!! I'm happy to hear your wife is recovering. I hope she recovers quickly. And keep up the great work.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #58  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Okay guys!! DH & I are back!!
I lost 2.9 pounds and 1.75 inches (total -13.75 inches). DH lost 5 pounds and 2 inches. !!!!! I guess not cheating on Christmas paid off for hubby and I.

Our coach said we were their ONLY clients who lost this week and did not cheat!!! How awesome is that?!?!
That is awesome! Congratulations. What a feeling that must have given the two of you..down in weight and no Christmas cheating! Well done!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #59  
Losing in West Virgina

S/C/G: 205/199/150

Height: 5' 7"

I have been on the IP going on my second week, and yes, it get better, no cravings, no interest in food and no hunger, it's great! I drink about 96 oz of water and make sure I get my olive oil and sea salt in. I was a high-carb person before and the first week did not get me any headaches or cravings. I think drinking the proper amount of water and salt with the veggies really helped.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #60  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Linden....
Thank you so much for the info. I haven't had to nosh on anything today...have felt full & I made sure that my veggies are all on the unlimited list, except the peppers that I put in my lunch salad were not cooked.
I will increase the water- thanks for that tip.
I did not know that I shouldn't have extra egg whites...as a matter of fact adding them to my IP this morning was the suggestion at my meeting. I will ask when I go in on Monday.

BTW...I noticed you live in Hawaii! I was there this summer! I wish I could have stayed!
Just as a point of clarification, the veggies you are describing on the list are UNRESTRICTED, meaning that you can have them as frequently as you want, but they are not unlimited, meaning that you can have as much as you like. With the exception of lettuce, you are still restricted to having 4 cups of veggies a day. Veggies have carbs too!
Closed Thread