Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 165/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manybits View Post
Hey all,

My name is Stephen, I started in April and have lost 60 lbs on this diet.

I have been reading a lot but finally decided to start posting. My goal weight is only 16 pounds away but now that it's getting closer I'm going to try to get lower.

I sure wish I'd found this site sooner, it would have made the diet a lot easier.
Hi Stephen! Welcome! I too have been reading a lot--since I started on May 24th--but have only recently started posting. Luckily I found this site early on when I was doing research on the diet trying to decide if it was for me. So glad I decided that it was!! I have lost 19.5 lbs in 8 weeks (yay!!) and that was WITH taking 2 weeks off for a trip to India! I LOVE this diet!!!! I am pretty similar to you in that I am only 14.5 lbs away from my goal. This site is AWESOME--so much great information & recipes.
Good luck getting to your goal!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #452  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Hello! My Name is Jessica. I have not actually started IP yet... But I have been researching it for the last week or so... I love this site and reading about all of your sucess stories!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #453  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Hello! My Name is Jessica. I have not actually started IP yet... But I have been researching it for the last week or so... I love this site and reading about all of your sucess stories!
WELCOME jelly, we have a great group here with terrific experiences, awesome advice and LOTS of pounds loss. And now you can jump in on all of the fun we have here!!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #454  
I know I can

Quote:

We will be here if you need any support. I think you will enjoy the forum.

Last edited by Watkat; 07-21-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #455  

Quote:
Welcome Jessica!! I think if you go with IP, you will be glad you did. It's a great plan! It is strict, but also easy (if that makes sense ) after you get past the first 3-5 days. And this is a great forum for encouragement and support...and recipes! Good luck with your decision!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #456  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2IP View Post
Welcome Jessica!! I think if you go with IP, you will be glad you did. It's a great plan! It is strict, but also easy (if that makes sense ) after you get past the first 3-5 days.
I think it's hard because of the restrictions but easy because you see results and know the sacrifice is paying off.

I spent a year trying to lose weight before IP and had a net loss of 15 lbs at the end of the year. I lost that in the first three weeks of the program.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #457  

Quote:
I think it's hard because of the restrictions but easy because you see results and know the sacrifice is paying off.

I spent a year trying to lose weight before IP and had a net loss of 15 lbs at the end of the year. I lost that in the first three weeks of the program.
Yes, exactly! Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #458  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:

I guess my question would be... how to you manage between your meals and a significant others??
Old 07-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #459  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hi!

Also saw Maykatcooper's intro and copied questions:

Hi, my name is Jo. I started IP on March 3, 2011 after running into my friend Amy on three seperate occasions over a 3 month period of time. The first time I saw her, she looked like she had this inner light that was just beaming from her face. I had no idea she had lost 25 lbs, I simply noticed how great she looked. The second time I ran into her, she was noticably thinner, and I asked her for more information about what she was doing - because it was certainly working for her! She had lost over 35 lbs! The third time I ran into her, I could not believe the change in her. She had lost over 50 lbs! I sat down with her, asked a lot of questions, called the provider in my area and said "I want to look and feel as good as my friend Amy!"

Well, it's been over 4 months and I've lost 55 lbs. I have more energy and I feel so much better than before. My weight loss has slowed these past three weeks. I'm struggling with the head game on this protocol and joined this group in hopes of being energized by all of you.

Screen Name: JoLoMN

Age/Age Range: 45

Family Life: My husband of 17 years and 4 kids.(16, 15, 13 & 11) I'm blessed to have my family be very supportive of my weight loss.

Hobbies and Interests: Watching my children's activities & walking

Favorite Music: I like most types of music

Favorite Color(s): As I look at my warddrobe - it must be khaki & navy.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I enjoy walking. I hope to one day enjoy jogging - which would be a HUGE life change for me!

What are your fitness/health goals? To be in the "normal" range for my BMI. To be able to sit in a theatre seat or plane seat and feel like I fit and am not spilling over. To maintain a healthy weight for life.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The stress of my job and life was killing me; I could see it in the mirror. I had always looked young for my age and I was feeling old. I had no energy. I was placing the needs of my family and work projects ahead of my own needs. I had helped my three sons get their weight issues under control through education, exercise and changing the way the family shopped (and reducing the amount of drive through meals we ate) and as they demonstrated great success, I continued to gain weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? While the protocol has removed cravings, I struggle with mental cravings. I'm more aware of the mindless eating I engaged in before, and worry that I will pick up horrible habits when in maintenance. Also, I've tried WW before, and feel like I never finished. I want to finish this journey. I want to lose the weight, maintain the loss for a year, and then begin the journey to maintain for a lifetime!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Activity: Let's face it, I'm a couch potato. I need to get consistent exercise and find things I enjoy doing, so I don't look at it as a chore.
Love: I need to love myself enough to commit to doing what I need to do for me, whether losing weight or maintaining in the future.
Eating: I need to look at food as fuel and not something that I constantly turn to when I'm stressed, happy, sad or bored.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself 20 years ago!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm having so much fun with what I can wear now that I couldn't wear 4 months ago - it's just so different to look forward to getting dressed because I like all my clothes.

Good Luck to Everyone! Let's do this together!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #460  

My name is Lindsay, and I also haven't started IP yet. I have my first appointment with my coach on Monday. I've spent the last week just researching the program and psyching up for it! I have several friends who have done the program and each have had amazing results.

I'm 28, just got married 3 weeks ago, and know I need to lose some weight before I can even think about having a baby with my husband. I work as a child abuse investigator and I think the stress over the years just piled on the pounds. 50 pounds in 6 years. Yikes! I love reading everyone's posts and hope I can join in myself!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #461  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome and good luck VinLove77!

I'm looking forward to following your progress!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #462  

Quote:
I guess my question would be... how to you manage between your meals and a significant others??
Jessica I have also been concerned about that. For the short term I'm just going to plan some sort of meat and veggie for dinner and then make potatoes or rice for my husband. I hope this works because the thought of cooking two dinners is NOT appealing!

Last edited by vinlove77; 07-24-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #463  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinlove77 View Post
Jessica I have also been concerned about that. For the short term I'm just going to plan some sort of meat and veggie for dinner and then make potatoes or rice for my husband. I hope this works because the thought of cooking two dinners is NOT appealing!

I know... unfortunatly my BF has a high metabolism and can eat pretty much eat anything... I think that I am mosty concerned at the price with feeding both of us.. :/
Old 07-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #464  

Oh that does make things hard. My husband is trying to lose weight with me but he refuses to do low carb. One of my girlfriends has been doing IP for about a month and said that the grocery bill hasn't been too terrible considering most of the "extras" she buys for herself for the week are veggies, which are cheap. And what would it be like to have a fast metabolism... sigh.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #465  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinlove77 View Post
Oh that does make things hard. My husband is trying to lose weight with me but he refuses to do low carb. One of my girlfriends has been doing IP for about a month and said that the grocery bill hasn't been too terrible considering most of the "extras" she buys for herself for the week are veggies, which are cheap. And what would it be like to have a fast metabolism... sigh.

I know right!
Closed Thread