Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #316  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all,

I just started IP today. I'm really excited!! :-)
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!

I am about to embark on the IP Plan starting tomorrow (meeting with my IP coach who is a great friend of mine to get my supplies tonight). I have done tons of research and read hundreds of blogs so I am confident that this will be the plan that works for me. I will post my stats after my official weigh in but in the mean time I'm 34 y/o and 5'4" and 150lbs (normally 146-148 but TOM is about to arrive). Except for the last year, I have always been a runner and maintained a weight between 132-135. The DH went to Iraq last spring and I gained weight; what more can I say but stress eating and drinking w/ no exercise!
Back in 2000 and 2001, after the births of my daughters, I ate from the Atkins diet and lost quite well. I went on that plan starting in January and have not lost (or gained) anything. I have been in ketosis this entire time as well. The problem I think is a high fat and non-calorie restrictive diet just will not allow me to lose weight anymore. I tend to over-indulge on many of the foods that are low in carbs but really high in fat.
I chose to start IP because I need a structured plan that will not allow me to “cheat” so to speak. I know that the discipline will be there because I am actually “paying” a fee which to me is psychologically different than just buying food.
Can’t wait to meet new people and start losing lbs and inches!!

Last edited by TWoww; 04-07-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Hello everyone!

I am about to embark on the IP Plan starting tomorrow (meeting with my IP coach who is a great friend of mine to get my supplies tonight). I have done tons of research and read hundreds of blogs so I am confident that this will be the plan that works for me. I will post my stats after my official weigh in but in the mean time I'm 34 y/o and 5'4" and 150lbs (normally 146-148 but TOM is about to arrive). Except for the last year, I have always been a runner and maintained a weight between 132-135. The DH went to Iraq last spring and I gained weight; what more can I say but stress eating and drinking w/ no exercise!
Back in 2000 and 2001, after the births of my daughters, I ate from the Atkins diet and lost quite well. I went on that plan starting in January and have not lost (or gained) anything. I have been in ketosis this entire time as well. The problem I think is a high fat and non-calorie restrictive diet just will not allow me to lose weight anymore. I tend to over-indulge on many of the foods that are low in carbs but really high in fat.
I chose to start IP because I need a structured plan that will not allow me to “cheat” so to speak. I know that the discipline will be there because I am actually “paying” a fee which to me is psychologically different than just buying food.
Can’t wait to meet new people and start losing lbs and inches!!
Welcome! Sounds like you're ready to commit and in the right frame of mind for IP. I'm sure you'll do very well & looking forward to watching your progress!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #319  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Hi All, I am starting the IP plan tomorrow and I decided to join after reading everyones blogs on here, so thanks all :0) I am 38 and need to lose about 100 lbs, I have tried and failed at every diet known to womankind and really need to do something to stay healthy. I have no kids, one dog (and just lost the other one) and I am married, look forward to getting to know everyone on here.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Hey all,

I just started IP today. I am still so stoked after reading about all of the successes that everyone has been experiencing. I have struggled with my weight for a long time and I actually had the opposite of body image issues. I thought I wasn't that bad, maybe a little chunky. I am starting out at 232 and I want to be within a normal BMI range. So it seems I have about 90lbs to lose. I really hope that my fiance can avoid eating my trigger foods in front of me, I am a bread-o-holic! Well, I cannot wait to post some of my own victories on here. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #321  

I'm still trying to figure out this "forum" thing, but here goes, I'm a 1st grade teacher, mother of 2, and 34 years old. I ballooned up to 203 these last couple of years simply because I was tired of trying every diet in the book and stopped caring about what I ate. I started IP 2 weeks ago to the date, first week coach I had said you can play around with your food, like eat dinner during lunch and vice versa to accomadate needs....Great I lost 4lbs. BUT LAST FRIDAY...I happened to get the other IP coach who says "No you must follow diet as stated, no cutting protein from 7oz dinner to 3.5 split between lunch and dinner....etc.." She said the other coach told you that cuz she took the easy way out blabla....So I felt like everything from week 1 was a failure and trying to change was HARD, I EVEN CHEATED CUZ I felt more cravings...Needles to say this week I lost HALF a pound...I wanted to cry and quit, but I am trying to shake it off and get back on my feet so I was looking for more IP motivation and found this forum, I want to hear if anyone has had "failed" weeks....
Old 04-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #322  

Quote:
Originally Posted by allymia View Post
I'm still trying to figure out this "forum" thing, but here goes, I'm a 1st grade teacher, mother of 2, and 34 years old. I ballooned up to 203 these last couple of years simply because I was tired of trying every diet in the book and stopped caring about what I ate. I started IP 2 weeks ago to the date, first week coach I had said you can play around with your food, like eat dinner during lunch and vice versa to accomadate needs....Great I lost 4lbs. BUT LAST FRIDAY...I happened to get the other IP coach who says "No you must follow diet as stated, no cutting protein from 7oz dinner to 3.5 split between lunch and dinner....etc.." She said the other coach told you that cuz she took the easy way out blabla....So I felt like everything from week 1 was a failure and trying to change was HARD, I EVEN CHEATED CUZ I felt more cravings...Needles to say this week I lost HALF a pound...I wanted to cry and quit, but I am trying to shake it off and get back on my feet so I was looking for more IP motivation and found this forum, I want to hear if anyone has had "failed" weeks....
Welcome - you will find all the support you need on this site - I did
The success of this diet will depend on you and your willingness to "reconstruct" your diet and life. Many will tell you that what you did (cheating was unacceptable and bad for you BUT ..... You took steps to make your health better, you were good for 1 week and lost 4 lb! Yes, you may have made some bad choices the second week but it is not any worse as what you did to your body prior to IP. "Get up and start walking again" - learn from the experience you had on your second week and go on with IP diet - do not allow yourself to slip and you will be loosing weight as quick as thousands of men and women on this forum.
Also, listen to your body - try to remember what happened the day/week you felt like having "un-allowable" food (for stage 1 of this diet) and instead of suffering knowing you cannot have bread or whatever else you may crave, try to find the root of the cause. In my case, I realized that I tend to crave bread/ sugar when I do not drink enough water DURING THE DAY. I have also noticed that if cravings come, running for the bottle of water at that moment does not help as much as if you would drink it during the day and keep body hydrated.
There is no doubt YOU will be successful achieving your health goals with IP. Remember, "Beauty requires suffering" - .. lol - russian saying - think about it - getting wax is not the most pleasurable thing but the result is great! And health? That is all you need - If you have health, you can enjoy your kids/ family/ friends - help them get healthier ... I can go on and on .. The world is yours! Everything else is purchasable ... BEST of HEALTH to you and your family!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Default i start ideal protien tomorrow

i am tired of being fat, so tired of it. i heard about this diet form our chiro. i am very excited to do this, and i hope it works. can we have cottage cheese btw?
Old 04-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone. My name is Amy. 33 mother of 2. Type 1 diabetic for 20 years. I excercise 5x a week hour cardio and calorie count 1200 calories. Haven't lost one pound. (since Feb) The doctor said it was because of diabetes and my low blood sugar and recommened me to try IP. I start Monday. I have about 15 pounds to loose.
Love this site, and glad there are so many of you here doing the same thing!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #325  
Fitnessclassic

S/C/G: 159.6/152/124

Height: 5'5" and a half...at least in earlier in the day

Default I am really struggling

with the mental part of this. I am very hard on myself and keep beating myself up mentally which in turn makes me want to cheat! Reading everyone elses posts is helping but, are there other people who are self sabatogers? HELP!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #326  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessclassic View Post
with the mental part of this. I am very hard on myself and keep beating myself up mentally which in turn makes me want to cheat! Reading everyone elses posts is helping but, are there other people who are self sabatogers? HELP!
Hey fitnessclassic,

Come visit us on the daily chat. You'll get many more responses and suggestions. Almost all of us have been serial dieters and have found an answer with IP. That being said, nothing is easy and it helps to have people to talk about it with. I certainly was a self-sabatoger for years but this time I decided I would never be happy with myself unless I got the weight off. Life is short. I didn't want my life defined by my weight. I started in late October and got through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, father's b-day, valentines day and all the associated parties and celebrations. There is never a "good" time to start a diet but there is no time like the present. Wishing you good luck on your journey. We can't do it for you but we can help!

Lynn
Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #327  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
i am tired of being fat, so tired of it. i heard about this diet form our chiro. i am very excited to do this, and i hope it works. can we have cottage cheese btw?
No cottage cheese.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #328  
emh

Height: 5'2"

Talking Let me introduce myself...

Hello fellow IPers...so happy I found this site. After a lot of soul searching I started the protocol on April 6, 2011. I am following the program very closely. I am enjoying the drinks, puddings, etc. I lost 4lbs at my first WI. Yipeeee. I am feeling so good about doing this for myself. Really like all the recipes, advice and support found on the site. Good luck to everyone on this journey.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #329  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessclassic View Post
I think everyone has a little self sabatoge in them. You just have to figure out your triggers and try to avoid them. I love this diet because there is no counting and you eat what is on the phase one sheet and if it isn't there you can't eat it. I find most of the food good and love the snack foods. Join the daily chat you find out lots of different things to do.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #330  
Fitnessclassic

S/C/G: 159.6/152/124

Height: 5'5" and a half...at least in earlier in the day

Thanks for that! I see to get off to a great start and as the day wears on so does my will power. WI #1 is tomorrow and just keep thinking about how much better I could have done.
Closed Thread