Old 09-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

I posted on the Friday thread--welcome back/home! You look stunning!
Midlife Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Hi guys and gals! I wasn't sure where to jump back in and this seems to be the best place.

The last month hasn't been my proudest. I have maintained my loss, loosing one more pound, not because I've been good though.

I've been able to buy clothes in regular stores and it's like something in me was satisfied with that. This is not where I want to be. I want so badly to be under 200!! I want to get close to my goal by Thanksgiving and done by Feb, one year since starting.

Any of you who have fallen off track and gotten back on the plan, what tips and tricks can you share?

I missed you all!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #18  

Hey Roz! So glad that you're back! No real advice here, just encouragement! You have come so far, so just dust yourself off and start again...only 25 lbs (or 5 cheerleaders) to go! You can do this!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hey Roz! Welcome back to you too! ( Now where is Sandy???)

I know what you mean. I did the same thing. I reached a tough patch, wasn't losing but holding steady, and actually kind of liked how I looked where I was at. I think my body, and I, took a bit of a break. I also feel like I needed it. I kept trying to restart and get back to that "place" where I had so much commitment and focus. Anyway, this week has worked out perfectly. So, keep trying. Don't give up and eventually it will "click". For me, it meant going back to my first food journal. Reading some of my notes really reminded me of how I felt when I chose to be on this plan. Not one of my original thoughts, feelings, or reasons had changed so why had my commitment??

Erin, I want to get down to a lower BMI and body fat. It is a new goal. Not 100% sure if I will make it but, truly believe I can. It will put me at a weight I was in my early 20's.

Elizabeth! Let's do this! I know you/WE can!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 09-25-2010 at 02:10 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Hey Roz! So glad that you're back! No real advice here, just encouragement! You have come so far, so just dust yourself off and start again...only 25 lbs (or 5 cheerleaders) to go! You can do this!
Thank you! You are right...25 lbs to go! I never imagined I would just have 25 lbs to go. I haven't been under 200 since I don't know when. I am as close as can be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey Roz! Welcome back to you too! ( Now where is Sandy???)

I know what you mean. I did the same thing. I reached a tough patch, wasn't losing but holding steady, and actually kind of liked how I looked where I was at. I think my body, and I, took a bit of a break. I also feel like I needed it. I kept trying to restart and get back to that "place" where I had so much commitment and focus. Anyway, this week has worked out perfectly. So, keep trying. Don't give up and eventually it will "click". For me, it meant going back to my first food journal. Reading some of my notes really reminded me of how I felt when I chose to be on this plan. Not one of my original thoughts, feelings, or reasons had changed so why had my commitment??

Erin, I want to get down to a lower BMI and body fat. It is a new goal. Not 100% sure if I will make it but, truly believe I can. It will put me at a weight I was in my early 20's.

Elizabeth! Let's do this! I know you/WE can!
Thanks Carla...I have always looked up to you on here. I think, "if she can do it, I can do it." You've come so far and have done so great. I think us gals are going to have to jump back on and get this finished with!

Sandy is lurking. She and I had planned to keep each other accountable to finish by Thanksgiving. I'll have to try to get her back over here with me.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #21  

Well, well, if you're all asking for.. I'm here lol!

No seriously, I think it's the time to finish this for good. I've stopped for August, and now with you all back, I think it's the kick in the butt that I need.

It's just that.. like Carla, and Roz, I kinda liked the way I looked (not that I'm really satisfied, but I'm confortable.. you know confortable like you can be in a old jogging & t-shirt outfit... ) and I think the loosing hair/crazy menstrual cycle/teeth and gum hurting kinde turned me off... I was thinking the side effects were too big for me..

I'm ready to finish, with you all, and for good. let's do it !!

(Oh, and, do you mind if I only stay on this thread ? With University starting back, work and everything, I find the daily thread really too much for me too keep up..)

Last edited by 1FCuser; 09-25-2010 at 08:01 PM.
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #22  

The daily thread gets me a bit confused as well, I know it should be easy, but if I miss a day I don't know where to go first and then I get tangled up when I want to reply...LOL!

I'm loving you Sandy!! I know what I look like now isn't the greatest, but compared to 50 lbs. ago, I like it. HOWEVER...I want to like it more...and the hubby is LOVIN the new changes...hehehe!!

I'm hoping we can finish this out by the end of the year and it will just be some months out of our lives, to improve our lives...and so on and so forth.

So...I guess...we better get in gear! LOL!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #23  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Yay!! You guys can all do it!! I have just under 25 to go, but can't seem to get back into routine since Brandon has left again (I had three cheat nights while he was home, and was bad with my water). I did really good last week so I hope the scales show that tomorrow.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Welcome back everyone!!!

I can identify with your experiences, I lurk a lot but always wanted to reply with a big "dito"---- You have encouraged my journey with all your posts.

Elle
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
I haven't been under 200 since I don't know when. I am as close as can be!

Thanks Carla...I have always looked up to you on here. I think, "if she can do it, I can do it." You've come so far and have done so great. I think us gals are going to have to jump back on and get this finished with!
I am so proud of you for getting under 200!! You are such an inspiration to so many people in your life! Thank you for think of me as an inspiration for you! When I began this, I never thought I could be an inspiration for anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Well, well, if you're all asking for.. I'm here lol!

No seriously, I think it's the time to finish this for good. I've stopped for August, and now with you all back, I think it's the kick in the butt that I need.

It's just that.. like Carla, and Roz, I kinda liked the way I looked (not that I'm really satisfied, but I'm confortable.. you know confortable like you can be in a old jogging & t-shirt outfit... ) and I think the loosing hair/crazy menstrual cycle/teeth and gum hurting kinde turned me off... I was thinking the side effects were too big for me..

I'm ready to finish, with you all, and for good. let's do it !!

(Oh, and, do you mind if I only stay on this thread ? With University starting back, work and everything, I find the daily thread really too much for me too keep up..)
YEAH!! Sandy! I am glad you are here! I think it is just fine if you pick a thread and follow it. As long as people regularly post here it should work. Just don't be afraid to read the daily and post to it if you feel you can or should.

I know what you mean about the side effects! OMG!! At one point I wasn't sure I could handle it all. Hormones, mood swings, teeth/gum issues, skin, soooo cold all the time (and I live in 100f/37c plus temps), crazy menstruation, hair loss, constipation, and cracked/bleeding skin (at times) were more than I cared to manage! I could drink a gallon a day of water and 3 tbsp of omega oils and STILL have those issues. Since taking my break, 2 months, all of that is now normal again. I think I am willing to deal with it, if I must, for the time it takes to get rid of the last of this.

I am glad I took some time to appreciate what I had accomplished instead of feeling like I was still failing and not making progress. HOWEVER, I don't want to feel like I am done. In my case, I am still fat and overweight. I don't want to be ok here and I do want to be healthy so.... time to kick the last pounds off this body!

I am so glad you will be here to do this with all of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post

I'm loving you Sandy!! I know what I look like now isn't the greatest, but compared to 50 lbs. ago, I like it. HOWEVER...I want to like it more...and the hubby is LOVIN the new changes...hehehe!!

I'm hoping we can finish this out by the end of the year and it will just be some months out of our lives, to improve our lives...and so on and so forth.

So...I guess...we better get in gear! LOL!
I so get what you are saying! It seems funny but, I guess everyone approaches the journey differently. I needed to appreciate what I was doing and, I needed to be willing to commit to the last amount of weight, 30 or so pounds, even with the side effects and if I was only losing a pound a week. I needed to do that so I could feel like I was succeeding as I went and not doing some "torture" with little result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Yay!! You guys can all do it!! I have just under 25 to go, but can't seem to get back into routine since Brandon has left again (I had three cheat nights while he was home, and was bad with my water). I did really good last week so I hope the scales show that tomorrow.
Hey Susie!! You can do it too! Jump back in. We can all help each other with this last bit! Just think how happy and surprised Brandon will be if you are totally finished by the time he gets home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Welcome back everyone!!!

I can identify with your experiences, I lurk a lot but always wanted to reply with a big "dito"---- You have encouraged my journey with all your posts.

Elle
Hey there ELLE! I am glad to see you are still here, even if it is lurking, you are such a great contributor! Please pop in a little more often!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Default Ready to start again!!

Glad to see some old faces around here!

Ok, so I kept the weight off all summer but just being very carful, but in the last few weeks I have really been falling back into my old overeating habits. The scale has started to move in the wrong direction!!

Tomorrow I'm back on Phase 1, and hoping to lose 10lbs by Halloween! It's tough, but i have to do it.

Let's do it ladies!! Good Luck
brocola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
Glad to see some old faces around here!

Ok, so I kept the weight off all summer but just being very carful, but in the last few weeks I have really been falling back into my old overeating habits. The scale has started to move in the wrong direction!!

Tomorrow I'm back on Phase 1, and hoping to lose 10lbs by Halloween! It's tough, but i have to do it.

Let's do it ladies!! Good Luck
Hey Brocola!

Welcome back! So glad to hear you did well over the summer. Those last few pounds are just gonna melt off you!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #28  

I'm so glad we are all filing in!! I know it is going to help me knowing you all have been right there with me and that although we want to be done so badly, we know we have to keep trudging, because in the end, we'll feel so much better.

I get in the place where I forget this wasn't just about how I look, or the clothes I can or can't fit into. I began this for those reasons, but more importantly because I had a pancreas scare. Following this plan has made me feel soo good. In the last month or so, I have not been horrible, but I haven't been great. In the last few days, I've had pain twinges and I know it is because of my food choices, it has to be. I don't think I can eat whatever I want like I used to. Maybe those twinges of pain will be my saving grace for getting this done. I want to look good, but I want to feel good even more.

ShrinkingSusie...it must be hard trying to do this when there is a change in your home. I couldn't do this without my hubby. He cooks for our family and is very encouraging everyday. Even though I have been at a standstill weight wise, he continues to tell me each day that he thinks my body changes daily and that it is looking better and better. I'm with Carla, wouldn't it be fun to surprise your hubby like Chaplain'swifey did when he was overseas? I know you can do it...we're all right here with you and you've come so far in no time at all.

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 09-26-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

WELCOME BACK Sandy, Elizabeth, Roz, Susie and brocola!!!!
Good to see you back here, you all are part of our inspirational IP Gang!!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Finally. I've missed you Austin friend!
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote