Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #16  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Well, dropped Brandon off at the airport last night. Try to get back into my routine again... I have been bad with my water and vitamins... When he gets back over there he finds out what day he comes home in December... the latest day he would be home would be Dec. 24... hoping for something sooner!! I CAN do this!
A wonderful Christmas for you two. He'll be home and you will have a new shape. Proud for both of you.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #17  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Well, dropped Brandon off at the airport last night. Try to get back into my routine again... I have been bad with my water and vitamins... When he gets back over there he finds out what day he comes home in December... the latest day he would be home would be Dec. 24... hoping for something sooner!! I CAN do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good morning All-
I changed my avatar,,just got bored with other one..
I'm making turkey/veggie soup this morning, will write down recipe as I go along to post later.. I will leave Dave to eat the Chickrets (I heard they have a side effect- headcolds)
Hubby and I are gonna check out 2 restaurants today for next year's reheasal dinner(their menu lists and what the places look like inside) We are gonna have lunch at one of them. I'm bring my packet of WF dressing, planned on a salad with some grilled protein. He can taste all the 'forbidden fruits'..
I want your soup recipe, I haven't made any soup yet, but with the weather turning cooler I will want to. I'm glad I am not planning to eat any Chickets. I don't want that side effect. Have a great time on your new venture today.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/207/150

Height: 5'5

Goodmorning IP-ers,
Day 17, down 16 pounds and not seeing a difference. Feeling a little discouraged today, my whole body is just exhausted. I'm not missing any of my vitamins but just can't seem to find any energy!
Still drinking so much water its rediculous, according to Carla that's a good sign on Ketosis. Should i be monitoring ketosis stuff? I don't know much about it. There's so much talk about getting strips etc. i'm wondering if thats something i should be doing.
Finding myself in need of some motivation bad. So proud of everyone who is steady watching the scale go down! Hope everyone has a great friday!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #19  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
This was my first week on the IP diet. And actually today is my first weigh in to see how much I've lost. Have to say that the diet so far isn't as hard as I thought it would be. But I am struggling to get in the right amount of veggies, as most veggies are not my favorite food. Any suggestions on that?
PS....Wish me luck today...I'm nervous for this afternoon's weigh in!
Getting the right amount gets easier. As far as liking veg., you'll probably accomplish that too. Of course, I like some veg. better than others. I eat mine raw, steamed with salt and pepper, grilled or in a stir fry. Stir fry is my favorite. Take it one day at a time and you will see the results you are hoping for.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #20  
Started IP May 25,2010

I tried multi-quoting some time back and did not get it right. I have avoided trying it for a while, decided to give it a try today, as you can see I still can't get it right. I am not totally stupid, just not computer savvy. Hey, I can get IP right. Help!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #21  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
It's a great IP day!!!!! I am so happy to report that I LOVE this LIFESTYLE! I was nervous about heading to the UW/Boise State football game....but, I CAN DO IT! I packed my food, with some restricted.....haven't let myself have them yet, but these are going to keep me from cheating! So excited! Down 17 lbs! This is sooooo awesome!
Good job on the weight loss so far I have to agree with you, I enjoy this lifestyle as well this really was just a blessing to have found. It is not hard to do and very easy to stick to which makes it very easy to lose

You can do it!! <- I tell myself that every morning.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #22  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
This was my first week on the IP diet. And actually today is my first weigh in to see how much I've lost. Have to say that the diet so far isn't as hard as I thought it would be. But I am struggling to get in the right amount of veggies, as most veggies are not my favorite food. Any suggestions on that?
PS....Wish me luck today...I'm nervous for this afternoon's weigh in!
Welcome to Ideal Protein it was the best decision I ever made

I suggest you have a look on the IP Recipes forums they have really helped me when it came to ways to prepare my veggies.

Well, I hope your first weigh in is a success! Good Luck!!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I tried multi-quoting some time back and did not get it right. I have avoided trying it for a while, decided to give it a try today, as you can see I still can't get it right. I am not totally stupid, just not computer savvy. Hey, I can get IP right. Help!
p'n'c I'll try and describe it:
  1. You "gather" the posts you want to quote by clicking the button with the " at the bottom right of each post it's the middle button, between "QUOTE" and quick reply.
  2. When the hunting and gathering is complete, press the "post reply" button that is at the top or bottom of a page of posts
  3. All the quotes will be in the "Reply" box. Each quote starts with "QUOTE" in [ ] and ends with "/QUOTE" in[ ]
Hope that helps.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Good Morning All,
Day 4 for me here. Yesterday was the hardest day yet. Did not cheat, but ate my alloted food to soon. Determined today!

Way to go on all the weight loss everyone.

Had mushroom soup yesterday. It was yummy. I diced a cup of fresh mushroom and sauteed them in a nonstick pan and then added the soup which I had let soak overnight. I minced parsely ontop. It was good.

Still trying new foods as it is my first week.

Cie
Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Had my doctor appointment yesterday and all went well except for the weigh in!! Her scale was heavier than mine and kinda freaked me out!
She had to do a blood test to check to see if I am indeed expecting or not. I took in all the phases for her to look at and she was impressed (she was skeptical when my mom told her she was doing it) she said the alternative would be good to do while pregnant and even phase 1 and 2 looked pretty good, obviously add more calories but she said with me being overweight it would not hurt me, as long as I am not starving my self! YAY!! So I am waiting to hear my test results and then I can go from there! I am currently doing the alternative and am feeling good! I will post my loss after my weigh in tonight!!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
It's a great IP day!!!!! I am so happy to report that I LOVE this LIFESTYLE! I was nervous about heading to the UW/Boise State football game....but, I CAN DO IT! I packed my food, with some restricted.....haven't let myself have them yet, but these are going to keep me from cheating! So excited! Down 17 lbs! This is sooooo awesome!
Have fun at the game. Almost everyone I know is going to the game..except me. It should be a great time. I think by not ever having the restricted foods you will feel like you are cheating..(and not) great plan.

Go Pokes!

Last edited by Lizzlee; 09-17-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #27  

I have been on the diet for 3 weeks. I cheated with drinks on Labor Day. I started working out this week and was wondering if you are to wait 3 weeks from start date.... or 3 weeks from not cheating?

Last edited by Lizzlee; 09-17-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #28  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Top of the mornin' Everyone

Welcome to all the Newbies!!!!
Congrats to everyone for great loses this week, if you are in the Hallowe'en Challenge and haven't posted your weight yet, don't forget to do it, we are doing great there!!!
Hi there, I've posted my losses on the Halloween Challenge but cannot access the spreadsheet. Can you update the spreadsheet for me please? That would be really nice. Thanks so much.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #29  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Since being on this diet I have lost the several things.

1. the need to get a Twix candy bar from the vending machine every afternoon
2. the need to mindlessly munch on popcorn/potochips 7 days a week and
3. my buttock. It seems to have ran off with my grannie panties and have taken with them my brand new size 12 jeans. Quite frankly I say "Good riddance!"

and no I don't care how much my buttocks and GP want back in my life they are gone for good! I would however take my size 12 brand new jeans back and promptly sell them on Ebay!

Weigh in tonight I know it won't be much, but watch out next week!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #30  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
Since being on this diet I have lost the several things.

1. the need to get a Twix candy bar from the vending machine every afternoon
2. the need to mindlessly munch on popcorn/potochips 7 days a week and
3. my buttock. It seems to have ran off with my grannie panties and have taken with them my brand new size 12 jeans. Quite frankly I say "Good riddance!"

and no I don't care how much my buttocks and GP want back in my life they are gone for good! I would however take my size 12 brand new jeans
Paygirl: Thanks for the great Friday chuckle...and inspiration. Congrats on the loss and here's to a great weigh-in.
Closed Thread