Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #76  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
And I don't want to hear from any smart alec out there about leading a watered-down life, OK?
Linden, you're leading a watered-down life!

(Hey, I'm not just ANY smart alec. I'm the original!)
Old 08-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDWS View Post
My name is Kim. I just started IP on Monday. I have done weight watchers in the past to lose the wieght I gained during my pregnancies....I never did lose the last ten on my first son and the last ten on my second son and I am still looking to lose the weight I gained with my third son and he is SEVEN!!!! I am an emotional eater and over the last ten years I have had some serious emotions to eat over, my son was born with down syndrome (love him so need to feel sorry for me!) at the time I was devestated.. I ate! My husband was tranfered I lost great job with great money....I ate! My uncle was dx with ALS watched him die...I ate! My husband was traveling....I ate! My mother was injured freakishly and she passed away....I ate and ate and ate! I need to re train myself about food and eat to live and not live to eat! I am looking for a big jump start and I need results! My nieghbor did IP and he got great results! I love this site!
Welcome Kim to the forum and IP !!! If you stick to it you will see results. This forum is a wealth of information !! I can relate to eating as a way to ease the pain. I almost ate and drank myself to death after my dad passed away. I never want to go back to the way I was and am so happy I found IP !!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #78  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
(Hey, I'm not just ANY smart alec. I'm the original!)
OK, I can buy that if you'll also accept my congratulations.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #79  

Quote:
Couple of questions:
Why are bars evil?
What can I do to chocolate pudding to make it better tasting!?
i don't know why the bars are evil. I've only been on 5 weeks haven't had them yet. About the pudding, in the newbie thread it had been suggested to make them into a shake. At first i wasn't interested but i've been having the jelly as a shake and it is SO GOOD!!! So i decided to make the pudding into a shake. It's good. I know some others put flavorings into it but i have not. Hope this helps!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
It's a must read.

I really want to echo the sentiments of others here about the new folks on board... particularly those MJ calls the "300 plus club," who are my heroes. The quality of the posts here, the positivity and encouragement, the knowledge, the attitude, the humor... all I can say is, "WOW." What a great forum this is shaping up to be. It is so inspiring to check in here lately.

And much appreciation to I'm svelting! for proving that cats can indeed be herded. You just need persistence, dedication, humor, and a light touch. Thank you, my friend for having all these qualities.

Novak
Thanks to all of you who had words of encouragement regarding my "300 plus club" comment from yesterday. I am so excited to today! I went in to the clinic to confirm it, but yes it is true! I've lost 8 pounds in 3 days on IP! I'm sure some of this is water weight but I'll take it!

Today is my 4th day and I feel great! Must have kicked into ketosis I'm assuming. I feel so much better having this daily board to check in with. Thank-you so much to those that maintain this, your AWESOME!

OK ladies just watch me melt away!

Last edited by MotherDuckMJ; 08-31-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Hi IPers!

Well I went to my weigh in today and ta da! Down total of 16 lbs~! YEAH!~

Welcome Kim! I know you will do great here! It is such a nice support group and I am fairly new as well!

For the pudding, I mix the butterscotch and chocolate together... yummy
16 LBS!!!! That is fantastic. Keep up the good work! Don't you just love I.P.??
Old 08-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #82  
cindy

S/C/G: 261/252/135

Height: 5'2"

my coach never measures body fat. that would be kind of handy I am so grateful for this site as it has really helped me stay in perspective and gives me the right amount of encouragement when i need it. Thanks Everyone
Old 08-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Thumbs up

Quote:
So at WI this morning I shared with my coach that I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school. And as of this morning, I'm officially over the 2/3 mark. A few more weeks and I'll be on to phase 2.

So I guess I won't be scheduling that bra fitting after all...
Wow, congratulations! Your weightloss, is it like 109 pds. in 5 months? That is just amazing, very inspiring!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Wow, congratulations! Your weightloss, is it like 109 pds. in 5 months? That is just amazing, very inspiring!
You're right, i wasn't even looking at the time line. I was just focusing on the fact that he was below his high school weight. Wow 109 lbs in 5 mos...you are my hero...i already congratulated you once before but congrats again!!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Don't be upset, you will have small loss weeks and big loss weeks. It's just the nature of the beast. Keep following the protocol and you'll be fine.

About the exercise, too much can throw you out of ketosis, if you are exercising madly an hour each day you might be doing more harm than good! Check out the exercise thread. Light exercise is recommended.

Please don't cut your protein packages in half, you must have all of your protein on this diet. If you want to save $$ you can substitute with alternate products. Check out the alternate ideas thread. I use EAS shakes and bars, they are a fraction of the cost of IP products and I've had a lot of success.
TOO MUCH EXCERCISE CAN KICK ME OUT OF KETOSIS????? AHHHHH!
Maybe that is my problem. I haven't had a big week since my first week... any ideas out there to jump start my motor again? LOL

Thanks- your info was very much appreciated!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #86  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
OK, I can buy that if you'll also accept my congratulations.
For being the original smart Alec? I accept!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #87  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Yep! A week shy of 5 months. If it hadn't happened to me I wouldn't believe it!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #88  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

I do IP on line and talk to my coach on the phone, so my body fat has not been measured. I had a great day, hope all of you have also.

Welcome to all the new people! The people on this site are willing to help and encourage you.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
only 1 pound and 1 inch this week. I feel so upset :0(
I used my bowflex like made for an hour a day each day this week and nothing. What else can I do?
HOpe eveyone is having a better week than me

I guess cutting my protein packages in half to save $$ was maybe not a good idea... I wonder?.
The bowflex sessions are strength training. Did you know the most important part of strength training is the days you rest between sessions? Instead of building muscle, daily sessions continuously break it down.
Step away from the bowflex. Do at most two hard sessions a week, have an extra packet those days. Then do light, sustained sessions such as walking on the others. You could also post in the Exercise thread to get Elizabeth's opinion on your workout, or how best to make use of your bowflex.

See if you can find an alternate product that fits your budget and your taste buds. Don't short yourself on the protein.
Quote:
I was hugged in by Novak...so I'm in the club (whether I like it or not).
Maybe you're a member emeritus of the SuperCommitteds? Where is the current membership on this? Vote, I Say, Vote!
Quote:
So at WI this morning I shared with my coach that I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school. And as of this morning, I'm officially over the 2/3 mark. A few more weeks and I'll be on to phase 2.

So I guess I won't be scheduling that bra fitting after all...
Congratulations on your results. That must feel great.
Quote:
My name is Kim. I just started IP on Monday. I have done weight watchers in the past to lose the weight I gained during my pregnancies....I never did lose the last ten on my first son and the last ten on my second son and I am still looking to lose the weight I gained with my third son and he is SEVEN!!!! I am an emotional eater and over the last ten years I have had some serious emotions to eat over, my son was born with down syndrome (love him so need to feel sorry for me!) at the time I was devastated.. I ate! My husband was transferred I lost great job with great money....I ate! My uncle was dx with ALS watched him die...I ate! My husband was traveling....I ate! My mother was injured freakishly and she passed away....I ate and ate and ate! I need to re train myself about food and eat to live and not live to eat! I am looking for a big jump start and I need results! My neighbor did IP and he got great results! I love this site!
Kim! You've identified a number of issues that led you to eat more. IP will give you the structure to lose the weight, and the time to take on those life situations as they arise. Stick with it!

You asked about pudding ideas in another post. I sometimes use chilled herbal teas instead of water in the puddings: mint with chocolate, a chai spice with either vanilla or chocolate. I've used chilled decaf coffee with the chocolate, vanilla, and butterscotch. There's a thread with a typo in the title, puddong. Pudding Hacks. There are some ideas there, and some amusing chat, depending on your frame of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I weigh daily when I'm dieting, and since I have been dieting most of my life . . .

Would this be a good place to confess that I have my "almost daily weights" going back to 2003 on a spreadsheet?
I don't have my daily weights but I could probably do MANY years of menstrual cycles, and "nooky nights"

The Police: "Ms. Svelting, where were you on the night of ...?"
Me: Well I was, umm, well, ummm ...

Quote:
I have a friend who mixes metaphors with impunity. A regular Mrs. Malaprop. (Yeah, yeah, so I'm the literata.)

One of her funniest, to me, was when she said she was trying to juggle cats. Just close your eyes for a moment and try to see it.

I kinda think I'm Svelting could pull that off, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
HA! Love Malapropisms! And yes, I believe I'm Svelting! COULD manage juggling cats!
Thanks for the vote of confidence and NOT. JUGGLING. CATS. EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Well I went to my weigh in today and ta da! Down total of 16 lbs~! YEAH!~
candace5: Awesome results for 2.5 weeks! Go YOU!
Quote:
Thanks to all of you who had words of encouragement regarding my "300 plus club" comment from yesterday. I am so excited to today! I went in to the clinic to confirm it, but yes it is true! I've lost 8 pounds in 3 days on IP! I'm sure some of this is water weight but I'll take it!

Today is my 4th day and I feel great! Must have kicked into ketosis I'm assuming. I feel so much better having this daily board to check in with. Thank-you so much to those that maintain this, you're AWESOME!

OK ladies just watch me melt away!
on your first 3 days -- you're making the choices so you're getting the results! Glad you're feeling better, the first few days can be brutal.

Aha! Now we know what the "M" stands for ... Melting. I wonder what a melted mother duck looks like. I'm going to stick around to find out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I see my neurologist this thursday, he is tall, extremely lean and always commenting on my weight.. let's see if he notices that I'm shrinking...
Hmmmph. His type is a freak of nature that somehow made it past genetic selection during periods of famine. Let's just see how his body type lasts in a famine. HA!

Anybody hear from Kelsey? Or is she "taking bedrest" after all the blood samples she gave this morning?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-31-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #90  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post

Maybe you're a member emeritus of the SuperCommitteds? Where is the current membership on this? Vote, I Say, Vote!

Congratulations on your results. That must feel great.
Being a soul sister is honor enough, thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
"nooky nights"
Sunk to a new low we have. Ominous the future is...
Closed Thread