Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #31  
LBM

S/C/G: 202/186.5/145

Height: 5-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
oh yeah i knew there was something else!! I have been looking for a coffee creamer substitute and am having not luck so I have been putting about a teaspoon of cocoa in my coffee with my FV splenda... which i JUST looked at the nutritional info and saw.... 1g of sugar... son of a.... oh well. Anyways cocoa is 20 cal per tablespoon, .4 fat and no sugar. would this be ok, or should I stop? need some advice
I take half of my morning IP drink and use it as coffee creamer. It's sweet and creamy. The cappuchino is good. Today I had chocolate. Tastes like a mocha latte!!! (I hate breakfast, but love me some coffee)
Old 08-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #32  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Default CoastalCrafter :)

Cyber hug to you too!!!

Being very overweight is not easy, but its like any other addiction.. we need to eliminate the bad habits from our system! So if being in the 300+ thought me anything it would be that I need to take control of my food and emotions towards it.. not the other way around...I just hope that this time I think that I am more important the next time I want to eat junk...

I too, like this forum very much, it's a great source of motivation and knowledge.

Got a question for you all... have you set up some rewards for specific achievement throughout the process? If so, why and what? (im planning on doing so myself)

Thanks all for being here
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone!! Congrats to all of you. We are all doing great and changing our lives for the better!! Keep it up!

I love the WF Thousand Island Dressing. I think it is fantastic. You kind of just need to mix it up add stuff to the dressings and use them for stir fry etc.. The Asian and Ginger ones are great for stir fry. I use different products for many different things. Look at the recipes on this site or just read all the posts you will get tons of ideas.

Coffee creamer, use ideal protein's drinks. The vanilla or choc are great just add a little to your coffee.

I was in Minneapolis over the weekend and I went to the Melting Pot. I am human and have not cheated since I started very beg of July so I ate legal until dessert and then had about 5 bites. OMG it was so worth it. I walked a ton when there and came back and got right back on track and I still lost. I love this way of eating!!!! I also got tons of compliments on how good I look, and I got into a size 8 jeans! I haven't worn a size 8 since 1998. I feel soooo good!!!!! Thanks to all of you for always keeping us encouraged I love this site.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #34  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
Cyber hug to you too!!!

Being very overweight is not easy, but its like any other addiction.. we need to eliminate the bad habits from our system! So if being in the 300+ thought me anything it would be that I need to take control of my food and emotions towards it.. not the other way around...I just hope that this time I think that I am more important the next time I want to eat junk...

I too, like this forum very much, it's a great source of motivation and knowledge.

Got a question for you all... have you set up some rewards for specific achievement throughout the process? If so, why and what? (im planning on doing so myself)

Thanks all for being here
I know I set up rewards for myself for every 5 pounds down that were not food related... I think Carla even did a list of reward suggestions... pedicure, facial, new book, new movie... things like that... worked well for me... little incentives along the way make it not seem so long.....
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #35  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
Hi,
I'm new on IP as of yesterday. I cannot stomach the WF dressings...I bought Ranch and Caesar and they are GROSS.

What can I do as far as spices/etc to add? I've done searches and cannot find anything! I made my own for dinner, white vinegar, EVOO, water and various spices. It was ok...but I dont think I want that again.

any links or tips?

the dressing im making right now is:

white wine vinaigar
garlic
salt
pepper
Fresly squeezed lemon
splenda

______________ I don't use specific measurements - and I add the quantity of oil I want on the salad.. easier to calculate

If I want to modify it a bit I add fresh ginger.

I didnt risk tasting the WF dressing yet... hehehe I dont even like regulare bottles dressing so...

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #36  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
So I guess I won't be scheduling that bra fitting after all...
Ahhhh skip the bra's.... watch out ladies.........SPEEDO here he comes... way to go Dave your rockin IP...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Hi,
I'm new on IP as of yesterday. I cannot stomach the WF dressings...I bought Ranch and Caesar and they are GROSS.

What can I do as far as spices/etc to add? I've done searches and cannot find anything! I made my own for dinner, white vinegar, EVOO, water and various spices. It was ok...but I dont think I want that again.

any links or tips?

LBM: My daughter told me about this and it is yummy!!!
I don't have an exact recipe for it so ....

1 tbsp of WF Raspberry Fruit spread ( I put it in a pint jar and break it up with my hand blender)
2 tbsp of olive oil
1tbsp of white vineger

I use the hand blender to mix it up really well (goes kind of a pinky milky colour) BUT IT IS YUMMY!!!1
Old 08-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I take half of my morning IP drink and use it as coffee creamer. It's sweet and creamy. The cappuchino is good. Today I had chocolate. Tastes like a mocha latte!!! (I hate breakfast, but love me some coffee)
yeah i have tried that and it is nummy! I may try and cut my coffee out in the morning and replace it with my chai tea with vanilla pudding.... tastes like a chai latte from starbucks! I also like the cappacino!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

how do you get the one for every 5 pounds that i keep seeing on the bottom of some posts, i know i have to wait for my ticker but i am curious about the other addition
Old 08-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #40  

Quote:
Easy! I might be your "soul sister" but the guys on here are rockin' it too! I'm just sayin...
yeah, but did you declare yourself a member of that club? You'll have to see if they'll let you in.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Posting from my phone so I can't use quotes, but... COFFEE CREAMER use a rtd vanilla or chocolate shake. I use a dollop and cover tightly, it will keep several days in the fridge. WEIGHING DAILY, I am a scale hopper and weigh every morning when I wake up. It motivates me, but if seeing the normal ups and downs discourages you, I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #42  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Hi,

any links or tips?
Here are a couple you can make yourself:

2 Tbsp EVOO
1/4 C soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/8 C water
1/2 tsp hot sauce - more if you like it spicy (I use Cholula)
Sea salt to taste
(keep it in the fridge, but let it sit out a bit before using so that the oil warms up)

-or-

Equal parts Mustard & Soy Sauce
Splenda to taste
Hot sauce to taste
A dash of black pepper
(this one is good, because if you're at a restaurant without dressing you can request all of these items and make your own. Always have a splenda packet or two on hand, just in case they don't).

I haven't made either of these in a while, mostly because I got some of the WF Bacon Ranch, Thousand Island & Chipotle Ranch, and I like all three of those. I didn't like the WF Creamy Ranch.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #43  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
yeah, but did you declare yourself a member of that club? You'll have to see if they'll let you in.
I was hugged in by Novak...so I'm in the club (whether I like it or not).
Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
I was hugged in by Novak...so I'm in the club (whether I like it or not).
Old 08-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #45  

Thumbs up

Quote:
So at WI this morning I shared with my coach that I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school. And as of this morning, I'm officially over the 2/3 mark. A few more weeks and I'll be on to phase 2.

So I guess I won't be scheduling that bra fitting after all...
Wow!! lighter than your high school weight. That is awesome...hope you're not too disappointed about missing that bra fitting.... lol
Closed Thread