Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
So at WI this morning I shared with my coach that I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school. And as of this morning, I'm officially over the 2/3 mark. A few more weeks and I'll be on to phase 2.

So I guess I won't be scheduling that bra fitting after all...
Congratulations Dave! WOW!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

just updating my ticker..... only 1 pound and 1 inch this week. I feel so upset :0(
I used my bowflex like made for an hour a day each day this week and nothing. What else can I do?
HOpe eveyone is having a better week than me

I guess cutting my protiens packages in half to save $$ was maybe not a good idea... I wonder?

As for the going out... is it terrible to ask for water at a bar? Guess I could be the DD....

Last edited by sillyputty; 08-31-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:08 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Sillyputty - it is fine to order water from a bar, I own a bar and lots of people do it. You are probably building muscle and that weighs more then fat, that will make you more fit. Was your body fat down?

Last edited by mbswainer; 08-31-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Sillyputty - it is fine to order water from a bar, I own a bar and lots of people do it. You are probably building muscle and that weighs more then fat, that will make you more fit. Was your body fat down?
Our body fat is actually not measured... I hope that is what has been happening. I assumed if I was gaining muscle I would be losing inches at least. I just keep thinking what I can do better... I know I shouldn't dwell on it. As for the bar thing... good to know.. I have never been one of those people to order water actually.... maybe I will throw a lime or lemon in it just to mix it up... I know DDs usually order pop, but I don't want that.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #50  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptswife View Post
Good morning! Ok does anyone else here weigh daily? I know I need to stop this, but I'm like an addict! Lol. I can't stop myself, but I also know that it could be bad on those days that Im either up a few ounces or the same. So do most of you wait until your IP weigh in; or weigh daily? Hoping I'm not the only scale addict in the house!
yes I am guilty of weighing myself 2x a day( morning after peeing and before bed, after peeing- ) It helps ME stay on track. I do not get frustrated if it's up a few points.. I have a NEW digital scale, I bought WHEN I started IP. It's that exact weight as their scale..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm so disappointed. I got a big fat 0 for my weightloss this week. I needed 1lb to transition to phase 2! Ugh. Let me tell you why.

I got over confident and have not being weighing and measuring my food. Obviously, I overestimate. I ate way too many cherry tomatoes this week (2 pints), they are off limits at the farmers market this week. I'm really sad that it didn't go well, but I'm glad I didn't gain. I'm so very very tired of dieting. By the looks of things, I still have 5 weeks as I need to transition. I can and will do it, but let me tell you, I'm not happy and positive today. I feel bratty and childish.
It's ok ! Could be water weight or you could have lost incehs instead.. the week I lost only 3/4 of a lb I dropped 4".... go fiqure!

Quote:
So at WI this morning I shared with my coach that I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school. And as of this morning, I'm officially over the 2/3 mark. A few more weeks and I'll be on to phase 2.

So I guess I won't be scheduling that bra fitting after all...
Congrats Dave!!! are you are only token male here?
What do you sell..( salesgod?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
I keep reading the threads and want to say some encouraging words but can never get back in time . Everyone is doing so awesome and it encourages me to do my best . I have had a rough couple of weeks, cheated last week for my hubbys birthday, made healthier choices and held the portion control when I made his supper but still cheated . I read some where in this forum that other people think the bars are evil TOTALLY AGREE..... When I go weigh in on thursday I am going back to NO restricted foods and being strict on phase 1. Well until my honeymoon that is, I am not going to take my packages to mexico with me . So I have 3 weeks to lose hopefully 15 more pounds before the honeymoon. So far I have lost 41lbs and 65 inches since joining IP on May 21! Kickin but still have lots to go but I am going to keep on truckin!! Keep up the awesome threads and advice, as I am learning sooooo much!
I know the bars do hold us back, my coach wants me to eat one every morning.. and I HAVE to cause I feel so much better now that I do..maybe in another month my body will adjust and I can skip the bars...love the puddings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
Hi,
I'm new on IP as of yesterday. I cannot stomach the WF dressings...I bought Ranch and Caesar and they are GROSS.

What can I do as far as spices/etc to add? I've done searches and cannot find anything! I made my own for dinner, white vinegar, EVOO, water and various spices. It was ok...but I dont think I want that again.

any links or tips?
I love the WF thousand Island and Honey D, dressings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
Cyber hug to you too!!!

Being very overweight is not easy, but its like any other addiction.. we need to eliminate the bad habits from our system! So if being in the 300+ thought me anything it would be that I need to take control of my food and emotions towards it.. not the other way around...I just hope that this time I think that I am more important the next time I want to eat junk...

I too, like this forum very much, it's a great source of motivation and knowledge.

Got a question for you all... have you set up some rewards for specific achievement throughout the process? If so, why and what? (im planning on doing so myself)

Thanks all for being here
As embarrassed as I was, I went for a massage from a friend who works at a beautiful SPA. She dimmed the lights and made me feel so comfortable. Your private areas are always covered as she works. She told me she has had clients over 400 + pounds.. so that made me feel more comforatble...SINCE I started IP july 10th I am treating myself to 1 massage a month.. It's about $85 for 90 mins and I give her a HUGE tip. She has a whole menu of massages, and I have picked 2 so far- loved them both.. She noticed the inches gone on my body immediately and is so encouraging ! I booked a massage for sept,oct, nov and dec! It's a motivator for me!!!! I do my own mani/pedis, so a massage is a 'whole' body experience..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
LBM: My daughter told me about this and it is yummy!!!
I don't have an exact recipe for it so ....

1 tbsp of WF Raspberry Fruit spread ( I put it in a pint jar and break it up with my hand blender)
2 tbsp of olive oil
1tbsp of white vineger

I use the hand blender to mix it up really well (goes kind of a pinky milky colour) BUT IT IS YUMMY!!!1

this sounds delicious!!! I have the WF strawberry preserves that I add to my cooked rubarb, I am going to make this dressing.. yum! thanks for sharing!!!

This morning my scale moved down another 1/2 pound, yeah!! I look in the mirror and still see a very plump face and body, but I am telling myself, in time this will all change...
At work we have a Christmas Dinner Party scheduled in early Dec. I am focusing on buying a new outfit for it.

I see my neurologist this thursday, he is tall, extremely lean and always commenting on my weight.. let's see if he notices that I'm shrinking...
Old 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #51  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Xanthia, I know how disappointing it is to get that 0--the first time it happened to me I would not even tell my DH I was so upset. But look at it this way...your idea of "cheating" is eating vegetables! You are truly and sincerely changing your idea about "what is good food", and THAT is why the IP plan is so great. You'll probably have a huge drop next week, and you can chalk this up to experience and move on.
I wish I could agree with the change of ideas but I've eaten healthy like this for the past 5 or so years? Probably more honestly. I'm dreaming of things like lentil soup and oatmeal. My problem is my thyroid and this is really a last resort to lose the weight. I was even very active running 5k 5x a week and doing other forms of strength and cardio. It seems that low carb does work for me, but it has to be low carb, no cheats whatsoever. I do like the occasional piece of pizza or french fries but salads and veggies were already a staple, which I guess is why I'm getting tired of it all.

Its a phase and it will be done soon enough. Then I can go back to my beloved hummus and fresh baked pita bread with tons of greens. I just have to see it through!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm so disappointed. I got a big fat 0 for my weightloss this week. I needed 1lb to transition to phase 2! Ugh. Let me tell you why. I got over confident and have not being weighing and measuring my food. Obviously, I overestimate. I ate way too many cherry tomatoes this week (2 pints), they are off limits at the farmers market this week. I'm really sad that it didn't go well, but I'm glad I didn't gain. I'm so very very tired of dieting. By the looks of things, I still have 5 weeks as I need to transition. I can and will do it, but let me tell you, I'm not happy and positive today. I feel bratty and childish.
You sound like I did last week when I went through the same thing! Hang in there Xanthia...we'll both be in Phase 2 before you know it!

Quote:
So at WI this morning I shared with my coach that I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school. And as of this morning, I'm officially over the 2/3 mark. A few more weeks and I'll be on to phase 2. So I guess I won't be scheduling that bra fitting after all...
Congrats Dave! That's awesome. Where's the invite to your high school reunion when you want it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
oh yeah i knew there was something else!! I have been looking for a coffee creamer substitute and am having not luck so I have been putting about a teaspoon of cocoa in my coffee with my FV splenda... which i JUST looked at the nutritional info and saw.... 1g of sugar... son of a.... oh well. Anyways cocoa is 20 cal per tablespoon, .4 fat and no sugar. would this be ok, or should I stop? need some advice
Besides the IP drinks (ready-made and mixed), you could also use a dollop of Walden Farms Marshmallow Spread as a creamer to make your coffee (or tea) nice and foamy.

I'm anxious to get tomorrow's weigh-in over with. I've been really good all week and hope to be down and close enough to my goal to comfortably transition to Phase 2!! Speaking of which, congrats STACEY41 on reaching Phase 2...it'll be great to have others going through it with me!!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Sillyputty said at her weigh in's they don't measure your body fat, we do at mine. When my body fat goes down my water goes up. It makes you feel pretty ok when your weight doesn't go down but your inches do and your body fat does too. Does everyone else get this measurement at their weigh in's?
Xanthia - I hear your pain, I dream of those types of food too. I am the same way with the exercise or used to be and if I ate like a "normal person" I would stay the same or gain. Carbs have always made me feel crappy, sluggish, bloated etc... I am hoping that after I get into maintenance I do ok with the carbs, kinda scary.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #54  

My coach will only check my body fat once a month, and I'm due this week for my second check on that, so i am hoping it goes well.

She does my body measurements and checks my blood pressure at each weigh in.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Rewards as you lose weight

One of the chicks earlier on posted that for she was putting away $ for every 10 lbs (i think) she lost and that money would go toward a new wardrobe when she got down to where she wanted to be!! I thought that was a great idea as I am going to need a NEW WARDROBE
Old 08-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #56  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
yes I am guilty of weighing myself 2x a day( morning after peeing and before bed, after peeing- ) It helps ME stay on track. I do not get frustrated if it's up a few points.. I have a NEW digital scale, I bought WHEN I started IP. It's that exact weight as their scale..

It's ok ! Could be water weight or you could have lost incehs instead.. the week I lost only 3/4 of a lb I dropped 4".... go fiqure!

I know the bars do hold us back, my coach wants me to eat one every morning.. and I HAVE to cause I feel so much better now that I do..maybe in another month my body will adjust and I can skip the bars...love the puddings!

I love the WF thousand Island and Honey D, dressings.

As embarrassed as I was, I went for a massage from a friend who works at a beautiful SPA. She dimmed the lights and made me feel so comfortable. Your private areas are always covered as she works. She told me she has had clients over 400 + pounds.. so that made me feel more comforatble...SINCE I started IP july 10th I am treating myself to 1 massage a month.. It's about $85 for 90 mins and I give her a HUGE tip. She has a whole menu of massages, and I have picked 2 so far- loved them both.. She noticed the inches gone on my body immediately and is so encouraging ! I booked a massage for sept,oct, nov and dec! It's a motivator for me!!!! I do my own mani/pedis, so a massage is a 'whole' body experience..

this sounds delicious!!! I have the WF strawberry preserves that I add to my cooked rubarb, I am going to make this dressing.. yum! thanks for sharing!!!

This morning my scale moved down another 1/2 pound, yeah!! I look in the mirror and still see a very plump face and body, but I am telling myself, in time this will all change...
At work we have a Christmas Dinner Party scheduled in early Dec. I am focusing on buying a new outfit for it.

I see my neurologist this thursday, he is tall, extremely lean and always commenting on my weight.. let's see if he notices that I'm shrinking...
Don't let it faze you if your neurologist doesn't make the postive comment that he should make. I am basing that on my experience this summer. People who should be able to tell that my body has shrunk haven't said a word. Of course they are not doctors or really concerned about my health.
After one person didn't say anything, my husband said to me later " They are probably in their own little world."

My advice for the Christmas Dinner Outfit: Start shopping, looking early this fall, so you can make a purchase while the supply is good. Keep your receipt so you can return the outfit if you get smaller before the event. Look at styles you would not have considered before now. Get help from a friend or a clerk who will give you an honest opinion. ( Test for a clerk-- take 2 or 3 outfits to the dressing room, come out in the first one that you know does not look good on you, although it may fit, if she says it looks good, you might as well leave.) If you don't know what colors you should wear, find out, the right color will make a big difference. The right accessories or jewelry can really set an outfit off. Here's my unquested advice. Wish I could come to R.I. and shop with you.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #57  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Wow! I’ve never been called a token male before. I feel like the black sperm in the last scene from Woody Allen’s Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* (*But Were Afraid to Ask) movie. “What am I doing here?”

There are a few token males on here. I hang out because I enjoy the witty banter about TOM and bra fittings. Oh, that and I’m doing IP…and someone has to make all of you non-token females jealous by how fast the token males lose on IP!

Kidding aside, IP is great. And I’m in advertising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Congrats Dave! That's awesome. Where's the invite to your high school reunion when you want it???
My 20 year reunion is next summer. I haven’t decided if I want to go. I didn’t go to my 10 year because I didn’t want to see any of those people. When that reunion happened, I was living on the other side of the country, but happened to be in town visiting that weekend, and I still chose not to go. Worse, I actually took my parents to dinner at a restaurant in the same hotel where the reunion was happening, but I didn’t see anyone I knew (and I didn’t do it on purpose – they chose the restaurant).

This time around is a bit different. I’ve reconnected with some people through Facebook, though I continually question whether mere acquaintance counts as friendship. That said, if I’m not completely bald by then, I may show up just to see what everyone thinks of the fat kid 20 years later…

Last edited by salesgod; 08-31-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #58  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I weigh daily when I'm dieting, and since I have been dieting most of my life . . .

Would this be a good place to confess that I have my "almost daily weights" going back to 2003 on a spreadsheet?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:36 PM   #59  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I have done a couple things as rewards. I got a massage for the first time in about 8 years. It was wonderful. I get my nails done every couple weeks. I go to the thrift stores in "the city" about once a month and try on clothes. I buy a few things if I find something I like, but it is such a thrill to shop the normal racks and not the plus sized ones. I shopped for bathing suits a couple weeks ago(sale racks). I actually bought a tankini. It was too small when I bought it and will try it on again in a couple more weeks. Right now it is my goal. Heck, I get a thrill out of trying on all my clothes every couple weeks. I'm down to almost none, so it really doesn't take me too long!!! LOL
And, I admit, I'm a shoe addict. You can get such cute sandals and flip flops so cheap. I love matching my outfit!!! First time in a long time I've done that. Didn't want to call attention to myself before. Now I don't mind.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #60  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted... April at least. This forum has really exploded since I first found it in November of last year. I remember when they just started having to group threads into "monthly" and then "weekly," and now y'all are into "daily!"

I'm a pharmacy student who started IP right after Thanksgiving when I found that I was no longer fitting into my size 14 clothes. My mom (who lives 1300 miles away) had a friend who was on the diet, and we decided to go on it together. I dropped over 30 pounds in three months, and was just squeezing into size 8 pants, but had to transition off of the diet because every time I would lie down, the world would start spinning. I made a few mistakes, at this point. My transition wasn't much of a transition, it was more like diving into the deep end. My fiance and I had these grand plans of only going out to eat once a week, and cooking healthy foods at home the rest of the time... that didn't last long. I also didn't start exercising with any regularity for about four months after this transition. My size 10's are tightening up on me, and I'm up 12 pounds (though, that includes water weight, colon content and a good bit of muscle since I joined a climbing gym two months ago).

So, today's my first day back on the wagon! I don't remember feeling this out of it the first time I started... then again, it might just be the four hour lecture on quantitative pharmacokinetics. I'm looking forward to finally finishing what I started by Thanksgiving this year, so I can start shopping for a wedding dress when I see my family over the holidays. My ultimate goal is the same as when I started, and that's to comfortably fit into a size 6 pants (my weight concentrates in my lower half, so that is a feat), and my final weight will be what it is. Not that I don't weight myself every day on my Wii Fit... it is pretty nice to look at a graphical representation of my progress. I'm also looking forward to finding out how much easier it will be to pull myself up a wall as I start losing poundage.

I know I won't be able to hop on this site daily, not if I want to do well in my classes, but I fully expect it to be as much of a support system now as it was when I first started. Also, if anyone has any health or medication-related questions, feel free to ask! If you'd like the whole forum to be in on the discussion, make a new thread, otherwise PM me. If I don't know the answer immediately, I have tons of resources at my disposal.

Now, back to quantitative pharmacokinetics...
Closed Thread