Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 PM   #61  

My name is Kim. I just started IP on Monday. I have done weight watchers in the past to lose the wieght I gained during my pregnancies....I never did lose the last ten on my first son and the last ten on my second son and I am still looking to lose the weight I gained with my third son and he is SEVEN!!!! I am an emotional eater and over the last ten years I have had some serious emotions to eat over, my son was born with down syndrome (love him so need to feel sorry for me!) at the time I was devestated.. I ate! My husband was tranfered I lost great job with great money....I ate! My uncle was dx with ALS watched him die...I ate! My husband was traveling....I ate! My mother was injured freakishly and she passed away....I ate and ate and ate! I need to re train myself about food and eat to live and not live to eat! I am looking for a big jump start and I need results! My nieghbor did IP and he got great results! I love this site!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #62  

Couple of questions:
Why are bars evil?
What can I do to chocolate pudding to make it better tasting!?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #63  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDWS View Post
Couple of questions:
Why are bars evil?
Welcome Kim

I totally understand where your coming from and I hope IP is the solution for you!

So... about the evil bars... from what I've read on this forum some coach will not allow restrictec items on phase I - I guess that for some ppl it could slow down their weight loss, but my coach says.. stick with one restricted Item per day.. will help you not have cravings...and I think it makes sense.

as for the pudding...there is 2.. pre mixed and one you mix yourself...I don't mind either...if what you are looking for is some sweet... add splenda... or maybe mix it with ice

Again, welcome and good luck!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:22 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
My name is Kim. I just started IP on Monday. I have done weight watchers in the past to lose the wieght I gained during my pregnancies....I never did lose the last ten on my first son and the last ten on my second son and I am still looking to lose the weight I gained with my third son and he is SEVEN!!!! I am an emotional eater and over the last ten years I have had some serious emotions to eat over, my son was born with down syndrome (love him so need to feel sorry for me!) at the time I was devestated.. I ate! My husband was tranfered I lost great job with great money....I ate! My uncle was dx with ALS watched him die...I ate! My husband was traveling....I ate! My mother was injured freakishly and she passed away....I ate and ate and ate! I need to re train myself about food and eat to live and not live to eat! I am looking for a big jump start and I need results! My nieghbor did IP and he got great results! I love this site!
Kim - You have picked the best diet to jumpstart your weightloss. This has been the only diet that I have been able to stick to and though it is hard at first, you will find that it really does change your relationship with food.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I weigh daily when I'm dieting, and since I have been dieting most of my life . . .

Would this be a good place to confess that I have my "almost daily weights" going back to 2003 on a spreadsheet?

COOL !!! I wish I had thought of that......
Old 08-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #66  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
And much appreciation to I'm svelting! for proving that cats can indeed be herded. You just need persistence, dedication, humor, and a light touch. Thank you, my friend for having all these qualities.
I have a friend who mixes metaphors with impunity. A regular Mrs. Malaprop. (Yeah, yeah, so I'm the literata.)

One of her funniest, to me, was when she said she was trying to juggle cats. Just close your eyes for a moment and try to see it.

I kinda think I'm Svelting could pull that off, too.

Last edited by Linden; 08-31-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #67  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Couple of questions:
Why are bars evil?
Bars aren't evil, but during the first few weeks of phase 1, you're going to very abruptly tell your body to stop storing glycogen and start burning fat. The restricted items - bars, crepes, soy puffs, etc. - are higher in carbs than the non-restricted items. You want to be very careful about your carb intake, especially in the first few weeks, to ensure that you get into and stay in ketosis.

There are some coaches who don't allow restricted items at all in phase 1. My coach allows restricteds, and they do come in handy for on-the-go and social situations. But the additional carbs have to be used by your body before it can resume fat-burning duty, so they will slow you down. Too many carbs can also bring you out of ketosis, and can set you back.

There are a variety of things you can do to make the puddings taste better. I won't go into them in this response, but look around the threads here and you'll find some good info - not just about pudding, but recipes that make phase 1 enjoyable. My advice if you don't like something is to try something else. For example, a lot of people really like the soups. I can't tolerate them. On the flipside, I eat an IP omelet almost every day, and there are those who can't stomach the omelets. The great thing about IP is that there are a lot of food choices. Find the ones you like and keep away from the ones you don't.

You may find, over time, that some of the items you didn't originally like end up being items you wonder how you lived without...
Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Hi IPers!

Well I went to my weigh in today and ta da! Down total of 16 lbs~! YEAH!~

Welcome Kim! I know you will do great here! It is such a nice support group and I am fairly new as well!

For the pudding, I mix the butterscotch and chocolate together... yummy
Old 08-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #69  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Don't let it faze you if your neurologist doesn't make the postive comment that he should make. I am basing that on my experience this summer. People who should be able to tell that my body has shrunk haven't said a word. Of course they are not doctors or really concerned about my health.
After one person didn't say anything, my husband said to me later " They are probably in their own little world."

My advice for the Christmas Dinner Outfit: Start shopping, looking early this fall, so you can make a purchase while the supply is good. Keep your receipt so you can return the outfit if you get smaller before the event. Look at styles you would not have considered before now. Get help from a friend or a clerk who will give you an honest opinion. ( Test for a clerk-- take 2 or 3 outfits to the dressing room, come out in the first one that you know does not look good on you, although it may fit, if she says it looks good, you might as well leave.) If you don't know what colors you should wear, find out, the right color will make a big difference. The right accessories or jewelry can really set an outfit off. Here's my unquested advice. Wish I could come to R.I. and shop with you.
Ahh thanks!! I do have something in the archives of my closet I would LOVE to fit back into... I saved it many years now, cause I loved it so much,,,,I will prob want something new, once I get that small, or at least I will have a choice ...

Dave- your sense of humor keeps us gals laughing..

Hey we may get some hurricane winds/rains later this week......
Old 08-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #70  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Couple of questions:
Why are bars evil?
Haaa haaaa hhaaa bars, I like that... my problem with them is that they are so yummy you want more than one... well at least I really like them so I stayed away from them for that reason and the weeks I had bars my numbers were not so great. Everyone is different
I make shakes out of the pudding add some WF peanut butter I know.. I will admit I dont mind it in the shake. Or I would add the hazelnut splenda and make a pudding.... like nutella.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post

I guess cutting my proteins packages in half to save $$ was maybe not a good idea... I wonder?

As for the going out... is it terrible to ask for water at a bar? Guess I could be the DD....
I always ask for water in a bar or restaurant. Granted, in the past I used it to water down my wine. I read in a Latin class years ago that that's what the Romans did and I figured, when I started to drink, that it was a good idea. It wasn't until years later that I discovered what I was translating as wine was really brandy.

But as to cutting protein packages in half -- I always mix the puddings with 16 ounces of water. Think they taste better that way, shaken with a little stevia. And instead of drinking coffee in the morning with IP "cream," I mix 1/4 teaspoon of decaf expresso in 16 oz water + cappuchino, etc. + stevia. Delisious.

And I don't want to hear from any smart alec out there about leading a watered-down life, OK?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:02 PM   #72  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Hi IPers!

Well I went to my weigh in today and ta da! Down total of 16 lbs~! YEAH!~

Welcome Kim! I know you will do great here! It is such a nice support group and I am fairly new as well!

For the pudding, I mix the butterscotch and chocolate together... yummy
Congrats Candace on your weight loss! wow 16! that's incredible, what a great start! ( I lost 7 my first week and I was thrilled!!)

Kim, I am so glad you found this forum! I totally understand how Food is 'emotional soothing'.. this diet changed all that for me.. and the support here is the BEST!!!! You'll make great friends too!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
just updating my ticker..... only 1 pound and 1 inch this week. I feel so upset :0(
I used my bowflex like made for an hour a day each day this week and nothing. What else can I do?
HOpe eveyone is having a better week than me

I guess cutting my protiens packages in half to save $$ was maybe not a good idea... I wonder?

As for the going out... is it terrible to ask for water at a bar? Guess I could be the DD....
Don't be upset, you will have small loss weeks and big loss weeks. It's just the nature of the beast. Keep following the protocol and you'll be fine.

About the exercise, too much can throw you out of ketosis, if you are exercising madly an hour each day you might be doing more harm than good! Check out the exercise thread. Light exercise is recommended.

Please don't cut your protein packages in half, you must have all of your protein on this diet. If you want to save $$ you can substitute with alternate products. Check out the alternate ideas thread. I use EAS shakes and bars, they are a fraction of the cost of IP products and I've had a lot of success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Besides the IP drinks (ready-made and mixed), you could also use a dollop of Walden Farms Marshmallow Spread as a creamer to make your coffee (or tea) nice and foamy.

I'm anxious to get tomorrow's weigh-in over with. I've been really good all week and hope to be down and close enough to my goal to comfortably transition to Phase 2!! Speaking of which, congrats STACEY41 on reaching Phase 2...it'll be great to have others going through it with me!!
Thanks! Phase 2's going well so far, the weird thing is that I started to lose faster than I have in a long time as soon as I started. I don't know what that's all about, but I'll take it!

Oooh, I never thought of the marshmallow creme in coffee, that sounds great! Also, I use the DaVinci syrups made with Splenda. The French Vanilla is almost decadent.

Quote:
Couple of questions:
Why are bars evil?
Bars aren't evil. They do, however, contain more carbs than other choices. You shouldn't use them at all in the first few weeks, after that, try them as an occasional item and see how they work for you. Some people are so carb sensitive that they can't have them at all. I have been having one every day for breakfast for the two months. I feel much better the rest of the day if I do, but, that's just what my body needs. Everyone's different.

I don't do the puddings, I'm on alternate products, but try experimenting with different extracts - vanilla, mint, coconut, orange, banana, raspberry...until you find something you like. You could even add instant decaf coffee granules to the mix for a mocha-y treat.

Last edited by Stacey41; 08-31-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #74  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptswife View Post
Good morning! Ok does anyone else here weigh daily? I know I need to stop this, but I'm like an addict! Lol. I can't stop myself, but I also know that it could be bad on those days that Im either up a few ounces or the same. So do most of you wait until your IP weigh in; or weigh daily? Hoping I'm not the only scale addict in the house!
In Phase 4 I STILL weight myself daily. (But I don't put it on a spreadsheet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
So at WI this morning I shared with my coach that I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school. And as of this morning, I'm officially over the 2/3 mark. A few more weeks and I'll be on to phase 2.

So I guess I won't be scheduling that bra fitting after all...
Hubba-hubba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Ahhhh skip the bra's.... watch out ladies.........SPEEDO here he comes... way to go Dave your rockin IP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I was hugged in by Novak...so I'm in the club (whether I like it or not).
Had to do it. You finally learned to embrace the chat! (That's where it's at!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
As embarrassed as I was, I went for a massage from a friend who works at a beautiful SPA. She dimmed the lights and made me feel so comfortable. Your private areas are always covered as she works. She told me she has had clients over 400 + pounds.. so that made me feel more comforatble...SINCE I started IP july 10th I am treating myself to 1 massage a month.. It's about $85 for 90 mins and I give her a HUGE tip. She has a whole menu of massages, and I have picked 2 so far- loved them both.. She noticed the inches gone on my body immediately and is so encouraging ! I booked a massage for sept,oct, nov and dec! It's a motivator for me!!!! .

At work we have a Christmas Dinner Party scheduled in early Dec. I am focusing on buying a new outfit for it.
Massages are necessary.

Careful with trying to guess what your size will be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I weigh daily when I'm dieting, and since I have been dieting most of my life . . .

Would this be a good place to confess that I have my "almost daily weights" going back to 2003 on a spreadsheet?
I SO appreciate this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elishatamar View Post
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted... April at least. This forum has really exploded since I first found it in November of last year. I remember when they just started having to group threads into "monthly" and then "weekly," and now y'all are into "daily!"

My transition wasn't much of a transition, it was more like diving into the deep end. So, today's my first day back on the wagon!
Welcome back! Yeah, things have changed. This time, when you transition out, please refer to the Life After threads... they didn't exist when you needed them, but we've been working on it!

Quote:
My name is Kim. I love this site!
So happy you're here... this is EXACTLY where you need to be.

Quote:
Couple of questions:
Why are bars evil?
Sounds like a question for Carrie Nation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I have a friend who mixes metaphors with impunity. A regular Mrs. Malaprop.

One of her funniest, to me, was when she said she was trying to juggle cats. Just close your eyes for a moment and try to see it.

I kinda think I'm Svelting could pull that off, too.
HA! Love Malapropisms! And yes, I believe I'm Svelting! COULD manage juggling cats!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

HI Costal-- I lost 5 lbs this week - 16 in 2 1/2 weeks on IP! Not 16 in a week!~ That would make me crazy happy! But all in all, I am pleased with how i am doing now!
Closed Thread