Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Well, I made a big decision today. I'm changing my goal weight from 140 to 150 for a couple of reasons.

1. When I originally started my goal was 150, then I felt like I had much less to lose than other people at the same start weight, and so dropped it by 10 lbs. I put on 40 lbs over two years of an unhappy time in my life and really wanted to get back to where I was now that that is behind me. I've realized that lowering my goal wasn't something I did for me, so I really shouldn't have done it. It would be cool if I got there someday, but for now I'm going to stick with my original goal. After all, when I reach my goal weight I will have lost 42 lbs and I think that is quite an accomplishment and something I never thought I could do!

2. I am losing motivation and finding that I am not eating everything I should and am making an unbalanced diet unhealthy too. I have not cheated at all, but I know am not getting all the nutrients I should. I would rather get to my original goal, phase out and take a break for a couple of months, and after a few months, if I feel I'm ready and that I need it, start back. I love IP and I know it works and that I can go back to it if I need to and I will lose weight.

3. Getting to 150 will put me in the healthy BMI range and that is what I really want, even more than fitting into size 8's again. I'm into 12's/larges now, so I'm sure I'll be a size 10 after 14 more lbs. I'm comfortable with that.

So, wish me luck. I hope that by the time the 20 lbs to Labor Day Challenge is done I will be at my goal. That goal is giving me the little extra push I need to make it through these last 14 lbs.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:15 PM   #482  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
And after you see him, would you send us all PMs with his answer -- to minimize the collective and sustained shriek from some of the more "mature" women?

Gladly, I see him mid august...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
NSV!!! NSV!!!!

Friday is casual at the clinic so we wear jeans. Originally I didn't participate in casual Friday because I didn't have jeans that fit. Well.....now I do. I wore my size 12 Gap jeans and had to tighten my belt quite a bit!!

Yay!!

Oh what a great feeling! Good for you!!!!! and congrats to all the others who have had victories in one way or another losing extra poundage!!

Kelsey, you will do great thursday! Knock um dead!! well not literally...
Old 07-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #483  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Well, I made a big decision today. I'm changing my goal weight from 140 to 150 for a couple of reasons.

1. When I originally started my goal was 150, then I felt like I had much less to lose than other people at the same start weight, and so dropped it by 10 lbs. I put on 40 lbs over two years of an unhappy time in my life and really wanted to get back to where I was now that that is behind me. I've realized that lowering my goal wasn't something I did for me, so I really shouldn't have done it. It would be cool if I got there someday, but for now I'm going to stick with my original goal. After all, when I reach my goal weight I will have lost 42 lbs and I think that is quite an accomplishment and something I never thought I could do!

2. I am losing motivation and finding that I am not eating everything I should and am making an unbalanced diet unhealthy too. I have not cheated at all, but I know am not getting all the nutrients I should. I would rather get to my original goal, phase out and take a break for a couple of months, and after a few months, if I feel I'm ready and that I need it, start back. I love IP and I know it works and that I can go back to it if I need to and I will lose weight.

3. Getting to 150 will put me in the healthy BMI range and that is what I really want, even more than fitting into size 8's again. I'm into 12's/larges now, so I'm sure I'll be a size 10 after 14 more lbs. I'm comfortable with that.

So, wish me luck. I hope that by the time the 20 lbs to Labor Day Challenge is done I will be at my goal. That goal is giving me the little extra push I need to make it through these last 14 lbs.
This is a personal journey for each of us, and you can take no one's path but your own. You've had great results, and should be very proud.

You have focused on the health aspect of the plan, and that is the most important. Finish up with a strong transition through Phases 2 and 3. You know the protocol now, you can pick up where you left off at any time, should you decide to do so.

You don't need luck... you are in control.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #484  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Thyroid question

Here's a quotation from Kaiser patient information which I just read:

"Take calcium supplements at least 4 hours before or after taking thyroid hormone.

I may have read this years ago, but since it didn't pertain I didn't remember it. Now it scares me because I take the first magnesium and potassium with breakfast -- 800 mg of calcium, and 2000 mg the rest of the day.

What prompted me to look was a program on NPR this morning that about several studies that showed taking calcium supplements increases the risk of a heart attack (but not stroke or death). Here are both sides of the issue:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2010...sk?ft=1&f=1001

Last edited by Linden; 07-31-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #485  
The Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
This is a personal journey for each of us, and you can take no one's path but your own. You've had great results, and should be very proud.

You have focused on the health aspect of the plan, and that is the most important. Finish up with a strong transition through Phases 2 and 3. You know the protocol now, you can pick up where you left off at any time, should you decide to do so.

You don't need luck... you are in control.
DITTO!! ..........Congrats on your journey!!

Quote:
Here's a quotation from Kaiser patient information which I just read:

"Take calcium supplements at least 4 hours before or after taking thyroid hormone.

I may have read this years ago, but since it didn't pertain I didn't remember it. Now it scares me because I take the first magnesium and potassium with breakfast -- 800 mg of calcium, and 2000 mg the rest of the day.

What prompted me to look was a program on NPR this morning that about several studies that showed taking calcium supplements increases the risk of a heart attack (but not stroke or death). Here are both sides of the issue:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2010...sk?ft=1&f=1001
My endocrinologist told me to take my thyroid suppliment Synthroid 2 hrs before food or any vitamins, so I get up extra early do do that. She does insist woman in their 50's need 2000 mg calcium.. the IP suppliments add up to almost 3000mg.. I see her the end of Sept and will ask her about this..
Old 07-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #486  
The Dress

I know this sounds crazy but I have been craving rootbeer soda and I never drink soda.. Now are we allowed sugar free soda on IP?? Just wondering..
Old 07-31-2010, 08:16 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Today marked my week 3 weigh in....I only lost 1.2, but at least it is a loss. I am trying to think of it like my coach said as weekly averages of 4.4 which is great, but I am trying to figure out if there is something I could have done differently. Have any of you had a BIG loss the first week and then just slow down? Did it pick back up?

Thanks!
Lisa
Old 07-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Be strong
Alright well, here's how the wedding shower went. They had the whole spread of foods that aren't IP friendly....such as: the wedding dress shaped cookies, the punch, the ice cream, the cupcakes, the cake, the fruit tray, and the finger sandwiches. Basically, it was your worst IP nightmare.

BUT----------

I didn't touch a THING! I strategically placed myself as far away from the food as possible and next to an old friend that I knew was long winded. I'd hate to interrupt her talking and get up for something to eat. I didn't want to be rude. By the time all of the games had been played and presents opened, there wasn't any food left. Such a shame. Luckily, I can say that I didn't help polish any of it off....and honestly, I didn't really want to. It's amazing how IP changes your mentality on things like that. Amazing.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

I am close to the end of my second week... I am having trouble sleeping and my bones ache. During the day I feel pretty great. I am not nauseous nor do I have a headache. I am getting more than enough water in a day. Hmmm puzzling eh. I am in the 2nd darkest shade using the ketostrips no matter what time of day I test. Wierd.....
Looking forward to seeing what weigh in 2 reveals... then off to get my first tattoo on Wednesday!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:31 PM   #490  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post

My endocrinologist told me to take my thyroid suppliment Synthroid 2 hrs before food or any vitamins, so I get up extra early do do that. She does insist woman in their 50's need 2000 mg calcium.. the IP suppliments add up to almost 3000mg.. I see her the end of Sept and will ask her about this..
My doctor said 1/2 hour; the pharmacist said 45 minutes. 2 hours seems a little extreme when it means getting up at 4 so you can have breakfast at 6?! And different coaches, apparently, tell people to take different numbers of supplements. I also agree about the calcium. Regardless, I hope you ask her about taking calcium 4 hours before and 4 hours after eating. I have also e-mailed my doctor and will share the answer -- if there is one.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:49 PM   #491  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Well just finished unpacking....I bought 9 new tops in Germany...they are too small yet, but I figured they would be a goal to work toward getting into in a few weeks and then I would have new clothes!! LOL...didn't want to waste money on clothes that fit me now
Old 07-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #492  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
My doctor said 1/2 hour; the pharmacist said 45 minutes. 2 hours seems a little extreme when it means getting up at 4 so you can have breakfast at 6?! And different coaches, apparently, tell people to take different numbers of supplements. I also agree about the calcium. Regardless, I hope you ask her about taking calcium 4 hours before and 4 hours after eating. I have also e-mailed my doctor and will share the answer -- if there is one.
My endocrinologist says 1/2 hour as well. I take Armour as soon as I wake up. Spread my other supplements out during the day with a bunch taken at night about an hour before I go to bed. I don't like taking calcium but my doc says 1500 mg if you aren't drinking milk or eating yogurt which we obviously aren't doing.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I know this sounds crazy but I have been craving rootbeer soda and I never drink soda.. Now are we allowed sugar free soda on IP?? Just wondering..
Page 2 of my protocol sheet says no soda of any kind, diet or regular. I haven't had any since I started.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #494  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
That's absolutely fantastic!! And I know you'll knock 'em dead with your stylish (not to mention SMALLER) new duds!

You GO girl!!
Thanks! I hope you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Congrats on making the cut, Kelsey! Enjoy shopping for an awesome outfit to dress for success! It really is amazing how much better you feel when your clothes fit properly and you know that you look good.

My favourite go-to colour for job interviews or other career-related events is red. It projects strength, power and confidence...qualities that we all want to exude! GOOD LUCK!
I got a gray Kenneth Cole pencil skirt and a black button up blouse with 3/4 length sleeves. I had to buy 2 pairs of new black shoes because I couldn't decide!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Kelsey, have a blast shopping. It is actually fun again. And, my friend, the best of luck in the interview!!! You'll knock 'em dead!!
Wow, all the small sizes!!! A 2!!! Don't think I'll ever see that and for my height that would be awful, but you are an inspiration......
I was so happy to buy 12 skirt and a couple of 12 pants and some large shirts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Congrats on making the final cut out of so many interviewees! Is this your Jef Gray? http://www.google.com/profiles/drjef65.
LOL Yes, that's him. Leave it to you to find him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
[SIZE="2"]

Enjoy looking for new clothes Kelsey! Take the time to really look at how wonderful you look and how proud you should be of your accomplishments. Have fun today girl! You've earned it.
It was great! thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Just ordered vanilla boxed drinks from Lindora. Hopefully they really have them in stock and I will receive soon. No sale price which is too bad but I am pretty desperate to have them. My IP doc doesn't have any.

Melissa K
- congratulations on making the cut for a new job--I'll be thinking about you Thursday & sending you good luck wishes. Hope the shopping trip was a big success today.
Thanks, Tricia. It's nice to know you're not mad at me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Best of luck to you Kelsey.... i'm sure you will look sharp and do well!

NSV - i tried on an OLD pair of size 10 jean capri pants this morning and they fit... well barely with muffin top all over the place, but they fit. i think it's been 5 or 6 years since i've worn them. so happy!! i also tried on a Guinness shirt I bought 5 yrs ago when I was in Ireland and it fit. the tag was still on cuz i don;t think it ever really fit me when i bought it! a little fitted but i am wearing it today!

have a fabulous weekend!!! xoxo dina
Thank you! and GREAT NSV! GOOD FOR YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I am close to the end of my second week... I am having trouble sleeping and my bones ache. During the day I feel pretty great. I am not nauseous nor do I have a headache. I am getting more than enough water in a day. Hmmm puzzling eh. I am in the 2nd darkest shade using the ketostrips no matter what time of day I test. Wierd.....
Looking forward to seeing what weigh in 2 reveals... then off to get my first tattoo on Wednesday!
Back when I first started I had the problem of not sleeping so I started taking my PM supplements earlier. I take them around 5:30. That helped me! Good luck to you. Hang in there. What kind of tattoo are you getting?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 149.8/125/118.0

Height: 5'2"

Just wondering how you all measure your veggies? In a measuring cup or on a weigh scale
Closed Thread