Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #406  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Barbara, I was also told no excersize in the beginning. Then Chaplain's Wifey inspired me to start walking. I was 2 months into the program when I started out slow and I have built up to 3 miles a day. I go at a nice even pace and try not to get out of breath. (But I have a hill to get back home). I feel really good and am disappointed when I have to miss the walk. A lot of this diet is doing what works for you. I don't mean in the cheat sense, but in the protocol(food and excersize). If you read this forum there are things that help and things that you shouldn't be doing. Not to start anything, but I chew 1/3 of a stick of gum about 3 times a week. I need that for me. No, I'm not supposed to, but it keeps me sane some days. I also need that walk for me. It is good therapy and I truly think it is helping my legs and butt firm up. I like that "me" time. There are many on here that follow the diet to a T and many that quirk it a little like I do. If you find your niche you will be happier and so will the family.....LOL.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #407  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Apparently you've only been "liking" ice cream, not actually eating it!!
HAHAHAHA you catch on fast ;-)

just cause I "like" it does not mean I consume it all the time.... some day ;-)
Old 07-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #408  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
hey I'm not short I'm FUN size!
Muhahahaha!! I love it!!! Can I use this??
Old 07-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #409  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

So I love putting my chocolate drink in hot coffee, but has anyone tried chilled coffee with vanilla pudding? I want to try it, but I'm timid. I like the consistancy of vanilla pudding, but to me it has an aftertaste of chicken soup.:P
Old 07-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

try some different extracts in your puddings and stuff... I tried some peppermint and cherry in my chocolate pudding... pretty good... mind you all I am eating is the pudding LOL
I like the chocolate drink but it just seems wrong to drink... it is pretty sweet like hot chocolate. Donno if it's good to have all the time though...
Old 07-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #411  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Barbara, I was also told no excersize in the beginning. Then Chaplain's Wifey inspired me to start walking. I was 2 months into the program when I started out slow and I have built up to 3 miles a day. I go at a nice even pace and try not to get out of breath. (But I have a hill to get back home). I feel really good and am disappointed when I have to miss the walk. A lot of this diet is doing what works for you. I don't mean in the cheat sense, but in the protocol(food and excersize). If you read this forum there are things that help and things that you shouldn't be doing. Not to start anything, but I chew 1/3 of a stick of gum about 3 times a week. I need that for me. No, I'm not supposed to, but it keeps me sane some days. I also need that walk for me. It is good therapy and I truly think it is helping my legs and butt firm up. I like that "me" time. There are many on here that follow the diet to a T and many that quirk it a little like I do. If you find your niche you will be happier and so will the family.....LOL.
Just my 2 cents.
Funny it was CW that inspired me to get moving too, by the way CW where are ya?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #412  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
True story - a few times the last couple of years, I've photoshopped my bum (eg. beautiful picture of me helping my 2-year-old balance on the train tracks... but I was 6 months pregnant at the time and my butt showed it!!). I've also photoshopped my double-chin at times, and my flabby arms, and my etc, etc.... but this diet means I don't have to photoshop my body anymore!! yippeee!!
Very funny... I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I was also told no excersize in the beginning. Then Chaplain's Wifey inspired me to start walking. I was 2 months into the program when I started out slow and I have built up to 3 miles a day. I go at a nice even pace and try not to get out of breath. (But I have a hill to get back home). I feel really good and am disappointed when I have to miss the walk. A lot of this diet is doing what works for you. I don't mean in the cheat sense, but in the protocol (food and excersize). I also need that walk for me. It is good therapy and I truly think it is helping my legs and butt firm up. I like that "me" time. There are many on here that follow the diet to a T and many that quirk it a little like I do. If you find your niche you will be happier and so will the family.....LOL.
I agree completely. I wish I had continued my walking on the diet, but I'd just done a miserable half in the sleet carrying about 50 pounds too much through the course. I suspect the key concern here is starting off with a little too much, a little too soon. There's time to build up gradually, and I think walking at an easy pace is always great for the body and mind. CW was truly an inspiration, and if I had to do it all over (which I never plan to do!) that's the one thing I would change. And I believe you DO need to give yourself a little sanity where you can get it (on the diet or otherwise).
Old 07-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #413  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I agree completely. I wish I had continued my walking on the diet, but I'd just done a miserable half in the sleet carrying about 50 pounds too much through the course. I suspect the key concern here is starting off with a little too much, a little too soon. There's time to build up gradually, and I think walking at an easy pace is always great for the body and mind. CW was truly an inspiration, and if I had to do it all over (which I never plan to do!) that's the one thing I would change. And I believe you DO need to give yourself a little sanity where you can get it (on the diet or otherwise).
WE must be related... I also wish I had incorporated walking earlier...

oh so I checked out the weight shaker I am so gonna get one, I can walk and shake..... hhaaaahhhhhaaaaaahhhaaaa..... its so friday........ I just about fell off my ball at work, I am not really sure why I find it so funny.

Last edited by WannabeIP; 07-30-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #414  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Sillyputty....I think you can have any of the IP foods and repeat them as you like(not restricted). I almost exclusively have the vanilla drink for each meal(other than my bar). No mixing, they go in the cooler and if you put them in the freezer for about 1/2 hour they get slushy and that tastes like homemade ice cream to me. But, I'm all about convenience, especially in the summer.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #415  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
WE must be related... I also wish I had incorporated walking earlier...

oh so I checked out the weight shaker I am so gonna get one, I can walk and shake..... hhaaaahhhhhaaaaaahhhaaaa..... its so friday........ I just about fell off my ball at work, I am not really sure why I find it so funny.
I used to walk and shake, but now I don't anymore...

(I always knew you were on the ball, Wannabe.)
Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:

Thanks! I'm not training for anything at the moment. Have you done the Marine Corps, or are you considering doing it? I've done three, but it's been awhile. I did them around the same time Oprah did hers... as I recall, that one was in a drenching rain. It's a good race, though. Very well organized, as you might imagine it would be.
I'm considering it (2011). I was there last fall to watch one of my brothers run it (he's done it a bunch of times). It is an extremely well organized run and I love how nonprofit organizations benefit from the runners.

Years ago I use to run, but then I let life (divorce, work, kids...) interfere and stopped running, exercising and watching what I was eating. I ran a little last summer, but didn't change the way I was eating. My body definitely wasn't happy with all of the weight (fat) pounding around on the pavement. So... I didn't run for long because it just wasn't comfortable. This past February the light bulb finally went off (or on) and I decided to take control of everything - work, family, food, exercising... Started off with walking and then did the good ole' walk, run, walk, run, walk... routine. (Which by the way, walking in February when it's dark and cold is just plain lousy!) Anyways, I LLLLLLLLUUUUUUUVVVV running and now that I'm not carrying around a bunch of extra fat, my body is okay with pounding the pavement 4 days a week.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #417  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
I'm considering it (2011). I was there last fall to watch one of my brothers run it (he's done it a bunch of times). It is an extremely well organized run and I love how nonprofit organizations benefit from the runners.

Years ago I use to run, but then I let life (divorce, work, kids...) interfere and stopped running, exercising and watching what I was eating. I ran a little last summer, but didn't change the way I was eating. My body definitely wasn't happy with all of the weight (fat) pounding around on the pavement. So... I didn't run for long because it just wasn't comfortable. This past February the light bulb finally went off (or on) and I decided to take control of everything - work, family, food, exercising... Started off with walking and then did the good ole' walk, run, walk, run, walk... routine. (Which by the way, walking in February when it's dark and cold is just plain lousy!) Anyways, I LLLLLLLLUUUUUUUVVVV running and now that I'm not carrying around a bunch of extra fat, my body is okay with pounding the pavement 4 days a week.
I understand! You can see how much fat I was slogging around.

By all means, do it! You have plenty of time to train. Is your brother going to run? I did it with my sister all three times, and my brother came along just once, I think... though he's got 40+ marathons under his belt. The only real killer on the course is at the end, running uphill to the finish. Even Capitol Hill isn't bad, and it's a nice city to run through. Not so much for the cheering crowds, but because of the history and the buildings and such. The only others I've done (full marathons) are Honolulu and Disney... for a total of ten. I'm pretty much just a half marathon gal now. The time it takes to train for a full is just so difficult to find these days...
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
I understand! You can see how much fat I was slogging around.

By all means, do it! You have plenty of time to train. Is your brother going to run? I did it with my sister all three times, and my brother came along just once, I think... though he's got 40+ marathons under his belt. The only real killer on the course is at the end, running uphill to the finish. Even Capitol Hill isn't bad, and it's a nice city to run through. Not so much for the cheering crowds, but because of the history and the buildings and such. The only others I've done (full marathons) are Honolulu and Disney... for a total of ten. I'm pretty much just a half marathon gal now. The time it takes to train for a full is just so difficult to find these days...
Yah, I figure 2011 is definitely a reasonable time frame to train for it. My brother would definitely do it with me (and runs it most years anyways), but I prefer running by myself. Otherwise, I find myself worrying about the other runner(s) I'm with: am I going too slow, is my pace consistent, am I carrying on a decent conversation (heck, am I even following the conversation)... stupid stuff like that. When I run, it's my time to zone out and not have to think. Yep, I'm an antisocial runner, but hey I'm okay with it and that's what counts right?!

How'd u like the Disney marathon? Destination marathons (or halves) sound like so much fun, though potentially expensive. My brother lives in DC, so between not having to pay for hotel, restaurants and then using airline miles, the MCM is a reasonable goal. Plus, I use to live in Md. and always enjoy visiting the DC and surrounding areas.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #419  

hello everyone, new here. Starting my 3rd week, on IP I've lost 10 lbs, I started dieting a week or two prior and have lost a total of 15 lbs. thus far. I have 40 lbs to go

My Dr. has me scheduled now to see her every two weeks not every week. Is this typical?

thanks!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #420  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Yah, I figure 2011 is definitely a reasonable time frame to train for it. My brother would definitely do it with me (and runs it most years anyways), but I prefer running by myself. Otherwise, I find myself worrying about the other runner(s) I'm with: am I going too slow, is my pace consistent, am I carrying on a decent conversation (heck, am I even following the conversation)... stupid stuff like that. When I run, it's my time to zone out and not have to think. Yep, I'm an antisocial runner, but hey I'm okay with it and that's what counts right?!

How'd u like the Disney marathon? Destination marathons (or halves) sound like so much fun, though potentially expensive. My brother lives in DC, so between not having to pay for hotel, restaurants and then using airline miles, the MCM is a reasonable goal. Plus, I use to live in Md. and always enjoy visiting the DC and surrounding areas.
I totally understand. I train alone, though sometimes talk to my sister who's training 500 miles away via cell. And during the race, we stay together and my brother goes off ahead. Being with my sister is like being alone, but better... if you can get that at all I don't care to run with anyone else, for the reasons you cite.

Disney is great fun (and they have the best porta-potties ever) but the start is incredibly early. Still, my sister and I belong to the vacation club and go down every year anyway (staying on property), and I've done 4 of those. I may have caught up in half marathons now, but I'd have to check. Honolulu is lovely, of course, but my brother has a condo (used to live there full-time) so we don't have the hotel expense. That's a nice race, but it started getting crowded. Same with Disney, I guess, but I haven't done that course for a few years, so I don't know how cramped it feels these days. I know the half has gotten a little crowded.

Let me know what you decide to do. Maybe I can come cheer you on! I've done that before, and I'm a great motivator on the course!
Closed Thread