Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Question about vitamins: I have been on IP for almost six months and have taken my vitamins regularly. On occassion, if I forgot to eat at the same time that I took them, I would get a stomach ache. For the past week, no matter how I take them (with, before, or after food), I have gotten such intense abdominal pains that all I want to do is curl up into a ball and go to bed. This morning it was so bad I thought I was going to throw up (thankfully I have taken today off of work and also thankful that I didn't as I hate throwing up). Has anyone experienced this? I know that I need to take these supplements to provide my body with what it needs, but does anyone have suggestions? Everything I am taking is IP brand except my fish oil capsules. (multi-vit, cal/mag, cal/potassium, enzymes, fish oil)
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that. I guess you can develop an allergy at any time. Have you been taking the same brands for the whole six months? I haven't experienced that. I hope somebody can help you figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Where are you guys finding the Walden Farms dressing? My local Whole Foods didnt have it. Trader Joes maybe or online on Amazon?

Does anyone have any recommendations? Are we allowed an unlimited amount on salads ?
I buy my Walden Farms products at various places. I get a limited few at the local Kroger's grocery in the diabetic section. I buy a much wider variety at a large health food store. They don't have it in one place, but throughout the store. The peanut spread is with the nut butters. The pancake syrup is with all the syrups. And so on. I have also bought it from Netrition online when I was buying some whey protein isolate. They have a flat $5 shipping rate.

The zero calorie, zero carb, zero sugar is based on a 2-tablespoon serving. If you have more than 2 tablespoons, say 1/4 cup, I would consider it as having 1 carb. Of course, having a whole bottle at a time wouldn't set you back too much. I doubt you'd want that much though. I don't actually measure though. I just guess at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Thanks, this is very good to know! I will try taking a couple of the cal-mag earlier in the day to see if it helps. Right now I take all four them an hour or so before I go to bed.
Your body can't assimilate that much calcium at once. Try having 2 at dinner and 2 at bedtime. The IP potassium pills contain 200 mg. of calcium already.

Last edited by BevS; 05-21-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Just some quick tips: when I mix up the IP chocolate pudding i mix it with 180 ml. (6 oz.) of water and pour some of the WF chocolate syurp in with the water. Makes a nice big dish of smooth creamy pudding.

I add more water when i make the Maple Oatmeal too; start out with the amount called for, mic it for about 33 sec., take it out and stir then add about 4 tbsp more water and mic for another 40 sec. Makes a bigger bowl and is yummy!!

Also with the cappuccino I add more water as I don't like a strong taste.

My coach also suggested for a change in your salad (once a week) to add about 1/2 pkg. of the garlic and onion soy nuts for some crunch. very good!!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #393  
Nichole

Quote:
Where are you guys finding the Walden Farms dressing? My local Whole Foods didnt have it. Trader Joes maybe or online on Amazon?
The "regular" grocery store I go to has it in the diabetic foods section with the sugar free candies and other products, but it's only available in a bottle. I go to a food chain called Sprouts (not sure if it's nationwide or not) to get the individual packets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Your body can't assimilate that much calcium at once. Try having 2 at dinner and 2 at bedtime. The IP potassium pills contain 200 mg. of calcium already.
Thank you soooooo much for telling me this. I had no idea! I will go back to taking two at dinner.

I love learning so much from y'all!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

soooo had cancelled my weigh in but went to pick up my food and my coach pretty much forced me to do it. Lost 1 pound, 1 and 3/4 inch of my back and another 2 inches from stomach.

She had a long coversation with me about cheating (she was fresh out of a training course) and wont go into details here but main reason not to do it is not because of slow weight loss BUT the fact that maintanance will be harder.

I'll take the one pound gladly and move forward.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #395  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
I to have this issue. So I checked the labels, cause I have many allergies. I only have major stomach aches in the morning when I take the cal/potassium and on the label it said to stop taking it if you get any opdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or gastro-intestinal bleeding occurs.
So I stoped using it and now no problems. Not sure what was wrong, but I know that anything "carbonate" is not good for you as your body can't property digest. It is hard on your system. It has calcium carbonate from oyster shells. Weird?
So I went to get the same thing from my friends vitamin shop and got better quality that doesn't make me sick.
I would stop one and see how you react. It could be a different pill that doesn't agree with you.
I know a few years ago I was taking a new multi-vit and didn't look at the label. After a few days I was having major chest pains, and was having a hard time breathing. I finally thought, this is not right. I looked at the label and found there was capsicum in it like from bell peppers. I am deathly allergic to these and stopped the pills immediatley. I got better within a few days.
Good to check everything out!
Good luck and hope you can figure it out!
Thanks I'll look into something from the local nutrition store. I know from past ventures on low carb programs that I definately need my potassium and since I am not having any dairy I need my calcium too.

Quote:
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that. I guess you can develop an allergy at any time. Have you been taking the same brands for the whole six months? I haven't experienced that. I hope somebody can help you figure it out.
Me too. It is not fun.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #396  

Quote:

Does anyone have any recommendations? Are we allowed an unlimited amount on salads ?
after looking all over for them, I just ordered mine of their own website. shipping is rather steep and I still haven't gotten them though.

I checked their website and they list the stores in your area that sells them; unfortunateley for me none are close to me. there is one about 9 miles away so I figured if I like what I am getting then I'll just drive up there and get more stuff.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #397  

Quote:

alright...

call their number and ask. I just called and there are 2 stores close by me which were not listed on their website AND I never thought would carry these items but they do have it. their number is 800-229-1706

good luck!!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #398  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeachycc View Post
I have couple of questions.
I really struggle with the vegetables that are permitted on this diet. Most of the veggies I like are on the no no list. I have been eating a ton of spinach salad, and I am ready for something new. My coach recommend pureeing some veggies and making some sort of soup. Does anyone have a yummy recipe? I've looked through the recipes and couldn't find what I am looking for.

Also, my coach says that most women average 3-5 pounds per week. From looking at most of the stats it looks like most women are closer to 3. While I know we are all different, I'm just wondering if any of you out there are averaging 5 pound per week.
i'm averaging 4 per week exactly, today is day 28 and i am down 16 lbs on the dot
Old 05-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #399  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hey, Novak, How's Phase 3 going? Looks like you're continuing to lose. That's comforting to know.
Actually, I'm starting Phase 3 tomorrow... did my shopping today. Man, it's been a long time since I bought bread and English muffins. Or a banana, even! I couldn't find anything at the supermarket!

I lost 5 pounds during Phase 2, and am cutting it short by a day so I can have the weekend to adjust to the new menu. I hope not to gain back... at least not much, though I would have been happy to stop losing a couple of days ago. For some reason I had a sudden surge the last few days. Anyway, I'll report back and let you know how it's going.

And a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you, my friend! Great to reach your goal, isn't it?
Old 05-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #400  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
after looking all over for them, I just ordered mine of their own website. shipping is rather steep and I still haven't gotten them though.

I checked their website and they list the stores in your area that sells them; unfortunateley for me none are close to me. there is one about 9 miles away so I figured if I like what I am getting then I'll just drive up there and get more stuff.
Harris Teeter carries it, if you have one of those in the area. It's often on sale for $2.99, also.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So last night I was over at my parents for dinner and my dad told me to stop by my Aunt & Uncles because my grandpa who lives there hadn't seen my little guy in a while so I said I'd stop by on my way home.

I came in and my grandpa got up and gave me a big hug and told me how proud he is of me for losing so much weight and then he handed me something and I looked down and saw that it was a cheque for $2000!! I was so happy that he was so proud of me that I cried for a moment and thanked him profusely. I put the cheque down on the counter and continued with my visit with my aunt, uncle and grandpa.

I went to go pack up the little guy to go home and I grabbed the cheque and went to throw it in my wallet (I'm notorious for misplacing cheques) and realized it was a cheque for $20,000 not $2,000.

Oh my gosh - my grandpa wrote me a cheque for $20,000 for losing weight!
This made me cry. Imagine how proud he is.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #402  

Oh my gosh - my grandpa is so proud of me. I come from a rather "large family" I say that in quotations because we are large in weight and not in #'s lol. My grandpa has always been a very health conscious man and even at 86 he's in great shape. It concerns him very much that his son and two daughters, and many of his grandchildren are overweight (some of us very obese) and I think he's just so happy that I'm trying to break that cycle.

It made me cry when he gave me what I thought was $2,000.00 never even mind $20,000. When I got home and told my husband after he got over the initial shock he joked and said "so does your grandpa know you still have another 60 lbs to lose lol.

Sadly I won't be spending the money on anything fun. I'm going to pay off my student loans and put about $15,000 of it away for when we decide to purchase a bigger house. I might just go on a very small "new jeans and bras excursion" as I've lost 65 lbs and I'm still wearing the same bras from before I started lol.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Actually, I'm starting Phase 3 tomorrow... did my shopping today. Man, it's been a long time since I bought bread and English muffins. Or a banana, even! I couldn't find anything at the supermarket!

I lost 5 pounds during Phase 2, and am cutting it short by a day so I can have the weekend to adjust to the new menu. I hope not to gain back... at least not much, though I would have been happy to stop losing a couple of days ago. For some reason I had a sudden surge the last few days. Anyway, I'll report back and let you know how it's going.

And a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you, my friend! Great to reach your goal, isn't it?
Thanks, Novak. You're right. It feels terrific. I started Phase 3 today. I had all the food here cause my husband has been eating normally the whole time. Breakfast was a lot of food, but I managed to clean my plate quite nicely. I'm looking forward to the next two weeks.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #404  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i'm averaging 4 per week exactly, today is day 28 and i am down 16 lbs on the dot
Awesome. That is so encouraging. Great job!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #405  

What a sweetie your grandpa is Jordanna....

Thanks to everyone regarding the discussion on edamame. The one thing I learnt from this is to limit my carbs to 40g. That I did not know, and I have Fitday on my desktop so will be watching what it says more closely now.
Closed Thread