Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #361  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
WI today..down 2.4lbs.
Way to go WyoSun... speaking of census, what did I do with that paper thingy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
As of today I have started my own sizing system. I started as a 16MT (muffintop). I am now down to a 14MT. I think I'm shooting for a 10, no MT!
Love the new sizing system! I think this new system will work better than your fight for new a new way to call "WI" I love the new system. I too, went from a 16MT and now have a few 14MT that I can wear! I'm looking forward to a 6 no MT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hey, Novak, How's Phase 3 going? Looks like you're continuing to lose. That's comforting to know.
BevS you are only 1 lb away from goal... WOW way to go. Are you stil doing phase 2? I know you alter your plan, but when will you switch over to PH 3 & Ph 4? Keep up the great work!

I was happy that I lost 3.25 this week with TOM lurking... My next goal is 5 lbs away and it is by next Friday, so this is gonna be a tough week for me. I really don't know what more (or less) I can do. But I want to make it to 30 lbs by my son's graduation! Perhaps I should join my old mii self and hear her groan!!!

Let's have an Ideal weekend, and stay on track. Together we can do it. Let's get it together! No more excuses. Tighten those belts. We are worth it!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #362  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Way to go WyoSun... speaking of census, what did I do with that paper thingy???

Love the new sizing system! I think this new system will work better than your fight for new a new way to call "WI" I love the new system. I too, went from a 16MT and now have a few 14MT that I can wear! I'm looking forward to a 6 no MT!

BevS you are only 1 lb away from goal... WOW way to go. Are you stil doing phase 2? I know you alter your plan, but when will you switch over to PH 3 & Ph 4? Keep up the great work!

I was happy that I lost 3.25 this week with TOM lurking... My next goal is 5 lbs away and it is by next Friday, so this is gonna be a tough week for me. I really don't know what more (or less) I can do. But I want to make it to 30 lbs by my son's graduation! Perhaps I should join my old mii self and hear her groan!!!

Let's have an Ideal weekend, and stay on track. Together we can do it. Let's get it together! No more excuses. Tighten those belts. We are worth it!
You are doing great! You stated at the same time as me and have lost 10lbs more! Well I have not been strict so ... Only have myself to blame hehehehe

I started adding the weight training back on and it does help.

Last edited by deinekatze; 05-21-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #363  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
You are doing great! You stated at the same time as me and have lost 10lbs more! Well I have not been strict so ... Only have myself to blame hehehehe

I started adding the weight training back on and it does help.
Well thank you. However, started with a lot more to lose, and I do try to follow the protocol almost exactly. I think I am ready to start adding some "training" I hate the gym, so whatever I do will have to be at home. Any suggestions? I leave the house by 6:15 a.m. and don't return until 6:30 p.m. (sittin at a desk all day) M - Th. F, S & Su I am off, so those are the days when I feel like i should be working out or something.

Are you getting excited??? It's so close now!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #364  
Nichole

Question for deinekatze...

I've started working out again at Curves, making sure I stay in the 60-70% range. Why the heck do my arms hurt during and then for awhile after the workout? That has never happened before and I'm sure it's related to being in ketosis but I don't remember the exact reason.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #365  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Well thank you. However, started with a lot more to lose, and I do try to follow the protocol almost exactly. I think I am ready to start adding some "training" I hate the gym, so whatever I do will have to be at home. Any suggestions? I leave the house by 6:15 a.m. and don't return until 6:30 p.m. (sittin at a desk all day) M - Th. F, S & Su I am off, so those are the days when I feel like i should be working out or something.

Are you getting excited??? It's so close now!
Excited yes and also not getting enough sleep...my mind is going at a million miles per hour when I try to go to sleep so it keeps me up for HOURS....ugh...hence I am sure the loss has slowed down as well.

About working out... many things you can do at home but the easiest thing I could think of for you if to get a Windsor Pilates DVD or something and do that
Old 05-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #366  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Question for deinekatze...

I've started working out again at Curves, making sure I stay in the 60-70% range. Why the heck do my arms hurt during and then for awhile after the workout? That has never happened before and I'm sure it's related to being in ketosis but I don't remember the exact reason.

Thanks in advance!
hehehe it doesn't really have to do with Ketosis... you are working out your muscles and you have not for a while, so it is normal that they will be sore as it can create lactic acid and you are tearing the tissue (sounds awful but it is not) so as to create a new healthy one. Keep at it and I am sure the soreness will go away. BIG MISTAKE people make when they are sore is to not move... you need to move to increase circulation to the areas to heal faster.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #367  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Regarding edamame, my coach told me it's off limits. If you google the carbs in edamame, I think you'll find it's way too high to work on the Ideal Protein diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
Ok if edamame is off limits----What is the soya listed for the veggies?? any one know....
My coach said no to edamame sadly because I love them too. I figure if she says no then I should stay away from them. When I questioned her on it she said that soya means tofu (which is the milk curd made from the soy bean)...shrugs I don't know. I guess if you really want them, try it out and see what the scale thinks? I think soya falls under one of those IP gray areas that are so frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Oh My Gosh!! Had such a bad day yesterday, don't know what was up....but ended up having not 1 but 4 restricted IP foods...this morning the scale showed up 1 lb .... will get back on the straight and narrow today. Reading all the posts here are such inspiration and support.... and I SO WANT TO BE IN ONEDERLAND
Have a great day everyone !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
PS....also woke up with a headache this morning, could it be from the extra carbs in the restricted items that caused it??? If so one more reason to NOT cheat even though it is an IP food. We learn something new every day don't we!!!!
Shake it off and keep going, don't let that little slip get you down. It could have been a bag of chips or cookies you ate. At least under the circumstances you chose IP products?

Re: the headache you might have knocked yourself off out of ketosis by eating all the higher carb items, your body normally won't stay in ketosis if you've eaten over 40g of carbs in a day. The good news - the longer you've been on the program the faster you can get back in to ketosis, so stay strict today, eat bootcamp style and you'll feel better tomorrow!! Don't give your body a chance to store those carbs as fats!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #368  

So last night I was over at my parents for dinner and my dad told me to stop by my Aunt & Uncles because my grandpa who lives there hadn't seen my little guy in a while so I said I'd stop by on my way home.

I came in and my grandpa got up and gave me a big hug and told me how proud he is of me for losing so much weight and then he handed me something and I looked down and saw that it was a cheque for $2000!! I was so happy that he was so proud of me that I cried for a moment and thanked him profusely. I put the cheque down on the counter and continued with my visit with my aunt, uncle and grandpa.

I went to go pack up the little guy to go home and I grabbed the cheque and went to throw it in my wallet (I'm notorious for misplacing cheques) and realized it was a cheque for $20,000 not $2,000.

Oh my gosh - my grandpa wrote me a cheque for $20,000 for losing weight!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #369  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So last night I was over at my parents for dinner and my dad told me to stop by my Aunt & Uncles because my grandpa who lives there hadn't seen my little guy in a while so I said I'd stop by on my way home.

I came in and my grandpa got up and gave me a big hug and told me how proud he is of me for losing so much weight and then he handed me something and I looked down and saw that it was a cheque for $2000!! I was so happy that he was so proud of me that I cried for a moment and thanked him profusely. I put the cheque down on the counter and continued with my visit with my aunt, uncle and grandpa.

I went to go pack up the little guy to go home and I grabbed the cheque and went to throw it in my wallet (I'm notorious for misplacing cheques) and realized it was a cheque for $20,000 not $2,000.

HOLY MOLLY!

Man talk about an incentive ;-)

Hope you use it for new skinny clothes... keep it for when you reach your goal so you can get a whole new wardrobe!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Jordanna: Thanks for the info and yes according to FitDay I was over the 40 gr. of carbs....I didn't realize we should stay below 40, something I will be looking out for. I am going to do bootcamp for the weekend and hopefully I will be down for WI on Tues.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #371  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Wowzas! Go buy yourself a new wardrobe hun, you deserve it!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

WOW!!! That is amazing..your Grandfather must be so very proud of you. Just think of all those amazing clothes you will able to buy!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #373  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
hehehe it doesn't really have to do with Ketosis... you are working out your muscles and you have not for a while, so it is normal that they will be sore as it can create lactic acid and you are tearing the tissue (sounds awful but it is not) so as to create a new healthy one. Keep at it and I am sure the soreness will go away. BIG MISTAKE people make when they are sore is to not move... you need to move to increase circulation to the areas to heal faster.
Oops, lactic acid! That's what I mean LOL. Thanks so much! That makes me feel much better. I definitely plan to keep at it because if nothing else it's really helped my lower back pain. I'm going with a coworker and she said it's really helping her too so all the better!

Quote:

WOW, that is INCREDIBLE!!! Are you going to save it for your new wardrobe or what? I am SO excited for you!!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Today is my 16th wedding anniversary . James and I have been togther for 21 years .We dated for 5 years before we got married . Really mssing him today .I am back down the weight I gained while he was home . Now to get done and at my goal weight .

Wow , Congragulations Jordanna . What an awesome gift . You have worked hard and deserve alll the blessings that come your way ! Great job ! Have some fun .
Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #375  

ahhhh CW you look great and you and your husband look soooo happy!!!
Closed Thread