Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #271  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Sare...you had a HUGE first week loss, give your body a little time to adjust, and see what happens at your WI...it WILL work

Quick question...my sheet advises 1-2 TEASPOONS of olive oil, but I am seeing 1 Tblsp being mentioned...are most folks taking more, or is this another case of different coaches with different advice? I hate the stuff, but I will totally down it on a spoon if it helps, lol
It is one - two tsp you are correct, I was just mentioning TBSP because that was the reference given on the site I looked up the olives vs olive oil question Sometimes, if you are stalling it helps to add extra olive oil to your diet for a bit to give your body the good fats it needs and encourage it to continue letting go of your fat storage though!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 301.11/290/169

Height: 5'11"

Sare
are you scale hopping? i weighted myself on friday and it didn't move one ounce by monday, WI yesterday and i lost 3.7 lbs, just be patient, it will happen[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am. I'm just so...frustrated!! I know I should be patient but that's never been a strong point for me. I just wish I could see it...
Old 05-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #273  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sare View Post
Sare
are you scale hopping? i weighted myself on friday and it didn't move one ounce by monday, WI yesterday and i lost 3.7 lbs, just be patient, it will happen
Yeah, I am. I'm just so...frustrated!! I know I should be patient but that's never been a strong point for me. I just wish I could see it...[/QUOTE]

you will be amazed, it's your body holding out in caveman mode thinking you're starving, the pounds can literally FALL OFF in a matter of a day or two. try to be as patient as possible, you can do this!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #274  

Is it because I'm not working out? I haven't been since I started - I've been too tired. I'm going Saturday...will that help?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #275  

Thank you for the article re: Sugar.

I have rosacea and over the course of 2 weeks have noticed it lessening! Sugar causes inflammation....and rosacea is an inflammation on your face. I will never be cured of it--there is no cure but I can help myself by doing and using certain things.

I am not a soda pop lover. I only had 1 or 2 over a 2 weeks period and it was easy for me to give that up. I gave up coffee in December and switched to green tea (decaf) I loved the article regarding Cola and sent it and the sugar one to my daughter. She was hooked on Diet Coke but is now off of it--not completely but certainly drinking way less than she did before. This will help her even more!

Ok--weigh in at 2:30 today. Will report tonight! My pants are looser and I really notice things in my middle. Now just to work on the bum area some more!! Walk Walk Walk

Everyone have a Great Day!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #276  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
SylvieG-You are 9 pounds away from losing 100 pounds???? No surgery, no biggest loser, how amazing are YOU????
Just making wiser choices! Took me a long 10 months to get there as I stumbled continuously from January to May but back on the right track and can see the finish line! Given up worrying too much about weight this week as I got to like what I now see in the mirror and lbs started falling off again! Gave up my scale hopper habit to only get WI at my coach's on tuesday and on my own scale on friday (for the challenge). Guess I've smartenned up!

My finish line is more of dates then of weightgoal:
June 1: starting phase 2
June 8: starting phase 3
June 22: starting maintenance!
Learned sooo much about the food and how to give it a little extra twist without adding Cal, fat or sugar on this program and on this board that I almost feel I could open a healthy-wise restaurant!

Hang in there everyone! IP works!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #277  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Is it because I'm not working out? I haven't been since I started - I've been too tired. I'm going Saturday...will that help?
i really haven't worked out at all except some crunches and leg lifts here and there, no high intensity on ip, it's not recommended, deinekatze has posted some really helpful info on workouts on ip.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #278  
Ideal Protein beginner

S/C/G: 268/257.5/190

Height: 5'6

chello,

what have you guys been doing to make you lose the weight so quickly beside the ip meal plan? becuase im doing it too without any exercise but i havent been intaking all of my lettuce. i think this is day two without it. i cheat on my scale at home and take a peak of ive lost anything and im probably 2lbs lighter (this is day 4 for me on the program) so far so good. i never know what to eat my lettuce with. am i suppose to space the lettuce out throughout the day or have it all at once? when should i start walking? yesterday i had a chicken soup packet (DISGUSTING) for dinner and threw it away and made a lemon pudding instead, i had more proteins than carbs (i probably had one cup for the day) will that affect me?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

went for the first blood test since IP and they couldn't find a vein. Sort of funny, they thought I was dehydrated etc till I explained what is going on. Just an fyi in case it happens to anyone else.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb;3299824[B
BevS[/B]
thanks for the cheese info! i rarely do milk in my coffee so i may do a stick of string cheese every now and then to get my "fix"
Me too! I don't drink coffee so I eat a string cheese every now and then as well. Like when the grandkids are over and they're eating it. Monkey see, monkey do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee15 View Post
Morning All,
I have been lingering on the boards for a few weeks. After reading MANY post my husband and I decided to go with the IP diet on 5/4, but using Lindora and EAS products. We couldn't afford the cost of IP. With our first way in I was down 6.8 pounds! The first 3 days were miserable.. I had a constant headache and I was weak. Once I made it past that hump I felt great. Last night i resumed my normal spinning class at the Gym and felt great. Overall i would love to drop 25 pounds.
Hi, queenbee, It might be too soon to add a spinning class. I was told not to exercise at all for the first 3 weeks other than easy walking. You don't want to burn your muscle.

Quote:
Hi, Sare, See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
Thank you for the article re: Sugar.

I have rosacea and over the course of 2 weeks have noticed it lessening! Sugar causes inflammation....and rosacea is an inflammation on your face. I will never be cured of it--there is no cure but I can help myself by doing and using certain things.
Hi, Frannie, I have rosacea as well--but not while on this diet. No regular acne either. My hormone doctor has been trying to get me off sugar (including breads and starches) forever. I'm a bit worried about what will happen when I add slow carbs back in to my diet. It's coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
chello,

i never know what to eat my lettuce with. am i suppose to space the lettuce out throughout the day or have it all at once? when should i start walking? yesterday i had a chicken soup packet (DISGUSTING) for dinner and threw it away and made a lemon pudding instead, i had more proteins than carbs (i probably had one cup for the day) will that affect me?
Hi, neesee, I eat my lettuce in a salad before or after lunch and dinner. You can start walking any time, especially after the first 2-3 weeks. Just follow deinekatz's recommendations on heart rate. Don't exercise so hard you couldn't hold a conversation from breathlessness. You can have an IP pudding instead of any of the soups. I don't eat the soups any more at all. You had one cup of what? You should have 4 cups of on-plan veggies every day plus the lettuce. If you don't, yes, it will affect you. For one thing, you'll probably get constipated, and you don't want to go there.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to drop in and comment on how well you have all been doing !! I have been MIA for awhile as I had to find a home for my German Shepherd. It is a long story and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Anyway I think I have found the perfect home for her. I will know tomorrow for sure. I had to cancel my weigh in for tomorrow. Had to reschedule for next Thursday !!

Keep up the great work you all help me keep going !!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #282  

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
chello,

what have you guys been doing to make you lose the weight so quickly beside the ip meal plan? becuase im doing it too without any exercise but i havent been intaking all of my lettuce. i think this is day two without it. i cheat on my scale at home and take a peak of ive lost anything and im probably 2lbs lighter (this is day 4 for me on the program) so far so good. i never know what to eat my lettuce with. am i suppose to space the lettuce out throughout the day or have it all at once? when should i start walking? yesterday i had a chicken soup packet (DISGUSTING) for dinner and threw it away and made a lemon pudding instead, i had more proteins than carbs (i probably had one cup for the day) will that affect me?
I'm only on week2, but I know it helped me to sweat some celery and mushrooms and onions and put in the chicken soup - SO GOOD!! Try cramming all yous veggies into your meals, and it might be a bit easier to take that way - it feel like a real meal instead of food from a pouch. Hope it helps!! I'm still trying to figure out how to make the leek soup any good...ugh. LOL

Also I don't always eat my veggies with my meal - I may eat them an hour before hand if I'm hungry, and I don't always eat salad. Usually only if I'm hungry after I eat.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Well I had my first WI this morning and I am a bit disappointed. I only lost 5 lbs in 9 days! I did lose 5 inches - 3 in my waist, 1.5 in thigh, & .5 in hips. I am quite happy about the 3" in my waist. I started TOM this morning so I am thinking/hoping maybe it would have been more if TOM weren't here. I guess I will find out next week. So many of you have lost so much more in even the first 5-7 days I just don't understand it. I have NOT cheated other than having a 4th pack one day. I think I am going to cut out restricted items or just do them every other day. I wish they would not have given us all these samples of them then they would not be here to tempt me!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #284  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Well, it is not late to return. How much of the weight did you gain back? I lost 50 lbs on WW and gained 30 back in 3 months!. My problem is I get bored with whatever system I lose with and as I get older it becomes harder and I lose slower. it is a self destructive cycle. I think I have a food issue and I have to deal with it.
Don't give up.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #285  

Hey all !!

I'm finally back to normal today, and feeling great !! I'll wait till monday to start again IP, just to be sure that everything in my stomach is allright so I'll not be sick again.. I can't wait to start again.

Feeling sooo bloated and disgusted about myself right now. Because I was sick, my doctor told me to eat only bread-rice-pasta. It's weird because I'm not enjoying those as I tought I would. I'm eating those because i need to, but I don't like it.. IP has helped me to enjoy vegetables and salad, and now that I can't have it, I'm craving like a big salad, with cucumber and raddish.. I think it's a good thing that will help me enjoy IP more after.

For those who cheated or are planning to cheat, think about it. I'm just understanding right now that eating bread and such was something that I thought will be REALLY good, but now that I'm eating it, it's not as good as I thought it would be.. When we're thinking about cheating, we're thinking that it'll be really good, but most of the time it's not the good thing to do.. It taste like cupability, and not like heaven, at all..

PLUS, if you're using ''cheating'' like a reward for having a great month on the plan, for exemple, you're getting yourself in the same old habit of using the food as a reward. Don't treat yourself with food, buy a new pair of sunglasses, or maybe take an afternoon off work to treat yourself, something that'll last, and give you courage to do an other month on IP, not a cookie or a chocolate bar that'll last like 20 second, and made you feel guilty after.. IP is learning why our relation with food wasn't healty, and to give up those habits..
Closed Thread