Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #151  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

True story-- I went to a Julie and Julia dinner last night prepared by a professional chef. Bruschetta, potato soup, duck pate, halibut meuniere, beef bourguignon, and individual very large chocolate souffles for dessert. Served to each of us at a table. I sasheyed my way around the sugar and butter and lost a pound this morning. I was the only one not drinking wine- had sparkling water. The hardest part was getting up and walking away from the souffle - (Yes I did have a taste.). My favorite part was the halibut- yum yum. Oh and this was funny. I kept putting sea salt on my food- trying to get my daily allotment in.
The person next to me said, you don't think the food has enough salt?? in a kind of appalled voice. (She was tall and thin and ate the whole souffle) This was a group of ladies I do volunteer work with but aren't close friends and definitely didn't know I was on a diet. Don't you just LOVE IP???????????

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-19-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Hello everyone!
It's amazing and inspiring to read all of the posts here.
It's the end of my first day on IP and so far so good. No hunger pains and I think I am getting the hang of it.

Wishing everyone a great day!
WELCOME Addy: this is a wonderful place for support and info on IP.
Take it one day at a time and you will see the lbs drop off and even more amazing the inches go away. Last week I went to the city to visit my son and his family and took them out to Red Lobster!!! I was so proud of myself, I had the wood grilled chicken breast with steamed broccoli, garden salad (picked out the carrots lol) and at weigh in on Monday was down 1.6lbs BUT had lost 3.5 inches!!!! Go figure!! So stick to it...IP WORKS!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
Pat on back for me! Went to a jewelery party last night. Snacks and treats all over the place.......taco dip, chips, cheese and crackers, brownies, etc etc----I said to myself STEP AWAY FROM THE PLATE!!!!!!! And I did.....but I think I spent to much money on jewelery!

Everyone have a great day. Stay on the plan!!

Nice job stepping away from the plate. As an independent jewelry representative for Silpada I know how those parties can be, BUT I don't think one can ever spend too much on jewelry
Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

The 150's are eluding me. I'm down to 160.6 this week, 2 pounds. I am determined to hit the 150's next weigh in.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 195/186/160 (start 1/8/11)

Height: 5'3"

Day 4 and hard to say if ketosis is here. I feel great and hungry maily at mealtime so happy with that. Now I'm struggling with idea of doing phase 1 long-term, meaning months. 90% of goal is really far away.................................

And is this true -- this program was developed for athletes? How can an athlete do this? Meaning not train hard for months? My head is full of doubt today.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #156  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Less then 10 to go - finally broke my plateau with a -3,6# this week. Not even tempted to cheat anymore as I know the end of phase 1 is near!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
The diet says, "No sodas (no regular nor diet)."

I believe the problem is the phosphoric acid. Don't do it. The risk is not worth it...
I was also told no and I think it was the phosphoric acid that was the problem. I don't recall the exact words used but it was basically a no because it takes the calcium from your bones to neutralize the acid. I went to an IP info session a few weeks ago that was put on by the person who trained my coach (She's the district rep and a physician's assistant on the side) and I asked her about drinking diet Rite and that's what she told me. She said any brown/dark colored soda was a no. Like someone else said, if it will keep you from cheating and it's only an occasional thing then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
True story-- I went to a Julie and Julia dinner last night prepared by a professional chef. Bruschetta, potato soup, duck pate, halibut meuniere, beef bourguignon, and individual very large chocolate souffles for dessert. Served to each of us at a table. I sasheyed my way around the sugar and butter and lost a pound this morning. I was the only one not drinking wine- had sparkling water. The hardest part was getting up and walking away from the souffle - (Yes I did have a taste.). My favorite part was the halibut- yum yum. Oh and this was funny. I kept putting sea salt on my food- trying to get my daily allotment in.
The person next to me said, you don't think the food has enough salt?? in a kind of appalled voice. (She was tall and thin and ate the whole souffle) This was a group of ladies I do volunteer work with but aren't close friends and definitely didn't know I was on a diet. Don't you just LOVE IP???????????
Good job staying on plan! I'm very proud of you for resisting all of those yummy temptations. It's hard when it's right in front of you, but yet so liberating when you make the good choices and can feel proud of yourself instead of guilty for cheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
Pat on back for me! Went to a jewelery party last night. Snacks and treats all over the place.......taco dip, chips, cheese and crackers, brownies, etc etc----I said to myself STEP AWAY FROM THE PLATE!!!!!!! And I did.....but I think I spent to much money on jewelery!

Everyone have a great day. Stay on the plan!!
Good job resisting those temptations! It's a great feeling to just say NO, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4feelNgood View Post
Hey everyone! I just joined up here. I have done 6 weeks of IP in the past and had great results. Ive tried eating grain free but naturally and gained it all back. I ran out of money and never did the stabiliztion phase. . .bummer, I was looking and feeling good! So here I am again and Im unhappy and obsessing about food and thought the best way to detatch get good results fast and have a healthier mentality was to look into IP. I am going to buy the 4 wk package from AIMTOBEHEALTHY.COM because it's cheaper and virtually the same thing. My partner is going to do weekly weigh in's with me and they have a weekly support call system. so for $466. I get everything including all the supplements. that's 3 packets a day, so I might buy the bars from protibar at $13 and change for a box of 7, same product. I will be able to afford 2 months. Going on vacation end of August and will not have fun if I don't look good and feel good. I'm doing this for myself but also my relationship. It affects who you're with if you are literally depressed and don't want to go out. I would like to lose a solid 20-25lbs and then it will be cheaper to go through the phases. Any advice is appreciated! I like to workout, is anybody managing that with the low cals? I know they advise you to chill for the first month.
Welcome! Good luck to you.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

It is very encouraging to read posts from folk who have actually broken through the weight stall. It gives me so much hope. Also the posts about people who were presented with temptations and just walked away. Amazing that I don't have a problem when someone else shows me the temptation BUT I can sure enough sabotage it myself with no help.

Here is to me breaking through being 144, then 143.6, then 142.4 and back to 143.8!!!??? what this means is that I can NOT possiblly have a small amount of anything and put my balance away.

I am begining to think maybe its my salad dressing. Here are the ingredience and any help will be appreciated: serving size is 2 TBsp

Calories 110 %
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g %
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 330mg 14%
Total Carb. 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g %
Protein 0g %
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 0%
Calories from Fat 100 %
Riboflavin %
Niacin %
Vitamin F %
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #159  

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm a Silpada Rep too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Nice job stepping away from the plate. As an independent jewelry representative for Silpada I know how those parties can be, BUT I don't think one can ever spend too much on jewelry
Couldn't pass without saying hello to a fellow Silpada Rep!

Had my week 4 WI yesterday, overall down 14lb and 15 inches! Hello summer!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Good Morning!

It is very encouraging to read posts from folk who have actually broken through the weight stall. It gives me so much hope. Also the posts about people who were presented with temptations and just walked away. Amazing that I don't have a problem when someone else shows me the temptation BUT I can sure enough sabotage it myself with no help.

Here is to me breaking through being 144, then 143.6, then 142.4 and back to 143.8!!!??? what this means is that I can NOT possiblly have a small amount of anything and put my balance away.

I am begining to think maybe its my salad dressing. Here are the ingredience and any help will be appreciated: serving size is 2 TBsp

Calories 110 %
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g %
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 330mg 14%
Total Carb. 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g %
Protein 0g %
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 0%
Calories from Fat 100 %
Riboflavin %
Niacin %
Vitamin F %
Pitakitten - you are not allowed to have salad dressings with calories/fat/carbs. You can use WF dressings, make your own (look up recipes in the recipe section, but that's it.

For everyone starting this diet or questioning their results the formula is very simple, if you follow it to a T you will lose weight. Whenever you add extras, cheat, go off plan, modify it at all it won't work.

There is no cheating the IP System, if you put in the hard work and live within the restrictions of the diet you will lose the weight.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #161  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Here is my take on the Diet Pop issue. I drink one a day and it has not affected me one bit. I think my body is used to Diet Pepsi and I figure if the coffee drinkers can have their one cup a day, I am going to have my pleasure once a day also. Would it have helped to stop it completely?? I'll never know, but I have taken so many other things out of my diet I was not about to lose this one thing I love too.

I have my weigh it today. I am anxious seeing as how I gained .2 last week after switching to Phase 2. I should be down though, because I am on my scale.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #162  

It's amazing to see everyone having great result!! Wow !

I'm feeling a little bit better this morning. I think I'll skip this week WI not to discourage myself because it's been since monday that I can only eat rice-pasta-bread because I was so sick.. I'm really hopeful to start IP again tomorrow ! Wish me luck
Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Check out my ticker, 209. No 1 as the middle number.

I am so psyched today, its truly amazing.

I know it may take two or three weeks but I know that elusive 199 is just around the corner.

This motivation will get me through the next four days, we are going to the cottage for VIctoria Day Weekend which would normally involve alcohol and some nice tasty snacks. Instead I will stick to the water, and be making those snacks for hubby and the kids.

My coach lets you have a cheat week during the summer, so I am saving my major cheat until then

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
The 150's are eluding me. I'm down to 160.6 this week, 2 pounds. I am determined to hit the 150's next weigh in.
you can do it, .7 and you will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
Day 4 and hard to say if ketosis is here. I feel great and hungry maily at mealtime so happy with that. Now I'm struggling with idea of doing phase 1 long-term, meaning months. 90% of goal is really far away.................................

And is this true -- this program was developed for athletes? How can an athlete do this? Meaning not train hard for months? My head is full of doubt today.
I don't know about the athletes part, but today I saw 209, 209, 209 I was so excited. That second number has never been below a 1 in over 10 years.

The first week was a killer I will say that. I almost didn't make it, the headaches were horrible.

I'm 10 days in 8 pounds down, 9.5 inches and I feel great

I have more energy, and I'm not as hungry ( I won't lie I struggle waiting for my lunch, my stomach is grumbling)

I started taking a bite of a chocolate peanut butter bar around 10:30 to tide me over.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

taking my husband to the airport at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning . Trying not to be too emotional yet .Going to enjoy my last day with him before he heads back to iraq . Im going to miss him .Thanks for all the kind words .
Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #165  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Can anybody point me to the recipes forum/thread? When I put that term in the "search" box I don't get any forums that have that name in the title. I'm still a bit confused about the organization of this site and cannot figure out where to look. Is there an IP recipe section specifically? (I can't find anything titled recipes, much less IP recipes)
Closed Thread