Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #61  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh In

Went this morning for my weigh in. Was supposed to go last Friday, but with being out of town and all...I was down 4.5lb. I'm pretty excited about that!!
There are a couple extra days on there and I'm sure I'll show a little loss this Friday, but that's OK.

I get my salt in by putting it on cukes and celery and sometimes my meat. I have just put some on my hand and licked it if I'm feeling shaky or something.

Jordana....you would make an awesome coach. I like mine ok, but I would love to have you as a coach.

Calgary, I cracked up laughing about the weight of your jewelry!! I do take my jeans off when I weigh....

Sassy....that wedding dress will be fabulous. Can't imagine getting a wedding dress so far ahead. Can't wait to see the pics of you in it.

CW....Doing that photo shoot is so cool. Your hubby is going to appreciate those pics so much. We probably won't get much posting out of you for those 2 weeks he's home!!!

Libby and Stacerp...glad to have you back on track. Sometimes that is just the boost needed to start fresh and be gungho again.

Have to tell you guys this. I got this McCormick's Vegetable seasoning at the store yesterday. Got my veggies out and all prepared. Tossed them in oil and sprinkled the seasoning on. Spread them on a baking sheet. (I have never roasted veggies before). So it says bake at 450 degrees for 30 min. I set the timer and set about doing other stuff. My son comes in the kitchen and asked what stinks. I just told him I was baking veggies. I checked on them with 5 min. left......OMG......the broccoli was burned to a crisp, the carrots(for DS & DH) were shriveled to nothing and the cauliflower was crispy!!! We got to laughing. So, I had to get a bag of frozen veggies and steam them. Anyway....guess I baked them too long. I ate the cauliflower and it was pretty good. The carrots weren't too bad, I guess, cause DH ate them and he even ate the broccoli....but, he is like Mikey....eats anything. So, I need to try that again either with bigger pieces of vegetable or less time in the oven.
Hope everyone is having a great Monday.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #62  

Hey Showgirl - question for ya:

Remember back in the day you said your coach said that after 14 weeks your body was "in the pocket" of the program or something like that and the weight starts melting off...did you find that was true?

I ask because I'm just starting my 13th week and I'm hoping it's true!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Oh we now have the strawberry pudding . My coach gave me a free package to try . I can't remember how everyone was making them .Any suggestions. Also what was the other new one thats out .I was thinking it was an orange something ? Can anyone also tell me the calories and carbs on the strawberry pudding so I can add it to my food list .Thanks
Hi, CW, it has only 1 gram of carb., 100 calories, and 18 grams of protein.
http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_use...295&c=16&p=126

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourishGirl View Post
CW: I edited my post to Pineapple/Banana Sorry about that.
I am in Spokane, WA. Any good suggestions on how to be sure I use the salt? Do you just sprinkle it on your meat/fish for dinner or add it someplace else?
Welcome, FlourishGirl, I measure my salt out first thing in the morning and use it throughout the day. My protocol calls for 1 full teaspoon of the sea salt, but most others on this forum only have to get 1/2 teaspoon per day. So if I have any left at the end of the day, I put it in a bit of water and drink it down like medicine.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #64  

Lots of great posts with good losses. Congrats to you all.

I had a luncheon on Saturday at a girl friend's house. I just hated to have to explain to everyone and get all the input. So I talked to my friend and she made it so easy for me. She just had some plain lettuce and she had cooked a chicken breast and cubed it. I brought my own WF dressing packet. I hate being the focus of everything and this went well. I don't even think others noticed that I was not eating everything.

Jordanna - I too think you would be a great coach. You are one of our go-to members who always has an idea to get over a hump.

Sassy - I would be thrilled with 3#! Hah. We are all so different. You have really lost so much. I think it amazing that you can still post a 3# loss consistently. Great job!

Libbyshims- and others who have been on vacation- After relaxing your program to be gone, did you find it hard to get back 100%?

Can't wait to see more on the upcoming weddings. That is such a great time and all of you will look your absolute best!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #65  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all IP chickies!

Back on track for the last week... and dropped 14,6lbs since last monday morning?? (ok - had such a cheat on the sunday before... food must have weighed a lot!) Most of it seemed to be food and water weight but happy to say I matched my lowest IP weight... and my 14 y.o. weight! Now, let's not cheat again for the last 20lbs to drop!

Brides to be: I wish I knew of IP before my wedding! You will both look soooo hot!! Can not wait to see the pictures!

Jordanna: I also wish you could be my coach!

For thoses who have not "cheated" yet: Keep on the good work - it is easier that way. Haven't had a cheat for Aug to Dec 09 and it was much easier than from Jan 10 to now!

Last edited by SylvieG; 04-19-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Lots of great posts with good losses. Congrats to you all.

I had a luncheon on Saturday at a girl friend's house. I just hated to have to explain to everyone and get all the input. So I talked to my friend and she made it so easy for me. She just had some plain lettuce and she had cooked a chicken breast and cubed it. I brought my own WF dressing packet. I hate being the focus of everything and this went well. I don't even think others noticed that I was not eating everything.

Jordanna - I too think you would be a great coach. You are one of our go-to members who always has an idea to get over a hump.

Sassy - I would be thrilled with 3#! Hah. We are all so different. You have really lost so much. I think it amazing that you can still post a 3# loss consistently. Great job!

Libbyshims- and others who have been on vacation- After relaxing your program to be gone, did you find it hard to get back 100%?

Can't wait to see more on the upcoming weddings. That is such a great time and all of you will look your absolute best!
I am actually looking forward to my parents going home (tomorrow), only because I can go back to our routine and 100% be on the program. They have been so very supportive while they were here, but I found I was going out to eat a lot more. Not that I was eating anything I shouldn't have, but I find it is easier to be home. Looking forward to my 3 packets/no cheats!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #67  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Started phase 3 it is soooo weird. I haven't had fruit or bread in 6 months. Reintroducing this stuff is pretty weird. After breakfast I feel soooo full like I just went to a buffet and ate till my stomach hurt lmao. It feels good not eating alot and getting really full though =D
Great job Josh! I can't wait to get to phase 3! How fun to have some new varieties of foods in your day.

Carla
Old 04-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #68  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Another bride! When is your wedding? The dress you picked is GORGEOUS!
mine is June 5th
Old 04-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #69  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

hahaha here is the link

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...15&style=J1309

I hope I lose TONS by then... My sister has been competing with me in a way ...long story, now she is bragging about getting a size 4 wedding dress and weighing only 125lbs...(hate my hormones ugh!) Had to tell her about my dress back in February so she would not get the same one and yet she got a very similar one too ...anyway, glad mine is first...

She cheated on her hubby left him in October, her divorce won't be final until June 4th and her wedding is June 19th! Yeah kind of not cool but it's her life... just wish she would have waited at least a month.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #70  

great dress Deine - my dress was a Maggie Sottero too! I fell in love with it as soon as I put it on!

When I lose all my weight and force my husband to renew our vows I can't wait to pick out a new skinny girl wedding dress!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Don't worry! It was probably 179.5 but the clothing kept the scale confused!
LOL ! Thanks Im not to upset I know Ill make it there one day .
Old 04-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #72  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
hahaha here is the link

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...15&style=J1309

I hope I lose TONS by then... My sister has been competing with me in a way ...long story, now she is bragging about getting a size 4 wedding dress and weighing only 125lbs...(hate my hormones ugh!) Had to tell her about my dress back in February so she would not get the same one and yet she got a very similar one too ...anyway, glad mine is first...

She cheated on her hubby left him in October, her divorce won't be final until June 4th and her wedding is June 19th! Yeah kind of not cool but it's her life... just wish she would have waited at least a month.
Oh my Lord!! It is incredible. I can't wait to see a picture with you in it Congratulations
Old 04-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #73  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Yes---I am there with you--nice crusty bread with a spot of butter---only thing better would be if it was warm out of the oven. Bread and potatoes have been two of the three things I missed the most. Number 1 was pizza with ranch dressing and chicken and cashews!!! Okay back to the real world---you know early out on this diet like about three weeks I had this dream or more like nightmare---that I had gotten into a package of crackers and ate the whole package--it seemed so real it took me awhile to decide it was a dream and I had not done it!!!
But it sounds like Josh is saying we can have the bread or the butter but not together. Is that right??
Your dream made me laugh...

I am deciding that since I am at about 10 weeks with no food cheats I will continue that way as long as I can. I know my personality. I'm afraid one cheat will be that slippery slope and I am intrigued about that week 14 thing Jordanna. Weight suddenly drops off after that?? Hope you get that confirmed.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-19-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #74  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Showgirl - question for ya:

Remember back in the day you said your coach said that after 14 weeks your body was "in the pocket" of the program or something like that and the weight starts melting off...did you find that was true?

I ask because I'm just starting my 13th week and I'm hoping it's true!
I wish I could say it was true but NO!

I was just reviewing my journals and during the first 3 months I lost 45 pounds and 45 inches. I was very steady at average of 3.5 pounds per week lost. I had a MAJOR weirdness set in after that. I felt HORRIBLE, no seriously! that is an under exaggeration, for about 16 days. During that time I gained back 3 pounds, only lost 1.25 inches, avoided people because I was a raging B*tch emotionally,was badly constipated, started losing my hair, noticed my teeth were losing enamel and the gums had receded, my skin on my hands was cracking and bleeding. I fought cheating every minute. I couldn't even begin to explain how constantly hungry I was and I had a major headache. I was doing everything right, no cheats,still on boot camp ( no restricted foods or occasional veggies, no root veggies, no tomato, no onion, no brussel sprout, no green beans), all oil, lots of water (extra even). I don't have much caffeine in a week ( maybe 2 cups total) but I gave it all up just in case it was effecting me. I was still hungry. Then, as strange as it came on *POOF* I woke up one morning and it was all gone. I hadn't cheated, the symptoms were gone, and in 3 weeks I had lost a grand total of 5 pounds.

After that.. Weeks 16 to now (week 22) I have lost 18 pounds (3 per week average) and 20.25". ???? 20.25" ???? Pretty much my body shifted and is dropping inches like mad but not really alot of extra weight. I feel great! I still have alot of hair loss. My teeth are doing better again. My skin is soft and and healthy. No longer facing constipation ( I added Ionic Fizz powder by PURE. IT is fantastic.) I don't get crazy hungry. My moods are very level (even Boyfriend commented). I still get this "I want ... thought" or a mild cheat feeling but it isn't too horrible. (I do notice a difference in my TOM the past 2 cycles.) I have a ton of energy! I feel like I can't not move- can't wait to be allowed to exercise in earnest. I sleep really well now too! No headaches. No brain fog. No ringing ears. No reflux or acid stomach or IBS symptoms. So, all that I started with or encountered in the program is gone.

I wish I could say that I felt I was losing faster or differently but, No. I am still averaging the 3 pounds plus a week and inches are burning slightly faster. That is about the sum of it.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I'm really weird about vegetables. Can you try and tell me what the turnip fries taste like? I'm a little scared to try it without having some sort of idea. I've never had a turnip in my life
I had never had a turnip either . But I really like them . I dont know how to really explain them . They are definitly not a french frie but they are good crispy on the grill . Sorry Im not much help . Just try one I guess . Good luck . My kids liked them .
Closed Thread