Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks very much Chris you have been very helpful. I think the diet eating part will be easy but keeping track of what I can and cannot eat and drinking all that water and then keeping track of what I like and don't like...will be the challening part . That's good though, another thing to preoccupy me during this first difficult week.
Tks again.
Trish
Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #32  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
I started the IP diet today and I was told to take 4 protein packs a day instead of 3. Has anyone else been told to do this before?
Also, the paperwork I was given says that I can have only 1 of the IP envelopes per day of all bars, soy puffs, chili, oatmeal, pancakes etc. Does this mean I can't have 2 bars in one day or I can't have a bar and soy puffs in the same day? Also Hearty Stew and Spaghetti are premitted two times per week. Does this mean I can have 2 stews and 2 spaghetti's per week or only 1 of each per week. I feel stupid that I can interpret this and that I didn't ask when I was there.
I was given a starter pack that included 35 protein packs of almost every product. Next week when I go back, can I purchase what I want ie, one box of puffs or do I have to buy pre-made packages put together by them? If I wanted to go in one day and just buy a box or two of something I've run out of, can I do that or do you have to purchase a full package (I think $27)
Also, is tea and coffee unlimited if it's black and not sweetened?
If someone knows the answers....I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks a bunch.
Trish

We were told we could have 4 packets for the first week because we might be hungry and need the extra food. The bars, soy puffs, chili, etc. are called restricted items. Like Chris said, you can only have ONE per day. As far as ordering new food, each place is different. My consultant is very lenient. We can order individual packets, whole boxes, and even trade items we don't want. However, not all clinics are like this, so you'll definitely want to check (though since they picked out your first week's food, I would think you could trade).
A final thought: this diet IS a lot to keep track of. My coach has us keep a food journal, where we write down exactly what we eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack, and also to record how much water we drink every day. It even has a place to check off vitamins. She provides us with the log through the clinic, but this is something you could easily make yourself if your coach does not do so. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #33  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Hello all,

Just a note about keeping track...I found a spiral book titled "Diet Minder". I think I got it at Barnes and Noble (been a long time), but you can also go to the diet minder website to order ($15). You can track all sorts of things - brkfast; lunch; dinner; snacks; vitamins/supplements/meds; physical activity, etc. I think there are enough pages for 3 months worth of tracking.

Funny & sad side note: I've had this tracker for 4 yrs and it's still empty! I guess it's taken me a while to get motivated, lol. It even survived a move! I haven't officially started IP yet, as I just ordered my food and should be here within 5-7 bus. days (so I was told). Looking forward to start losing lbs. and gaining control of my weight.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #34  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Does anyone know the carb count for the phases? For instance, I think my coach said they want us to stay around 25 carbs in phase 1. I'm wondering if this is outlined anywhere? Thanks!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #35  

Default reporting back lol

Hi Chris, I wanted to let you know that I'm really finding the diet good and enjoying most of the foods. I'm also happy to report that yesterday at my first weigh-in week 1 i lost 7 lbs. I'm feeling great. I'm not pleased however that my clinic will not sell by the package...the actually told me it was ilegal for them to do that. So I have found another clinic an hour away who will sell me by the package. I bought $81 last Friday and I don't think I would still be on the plan had I not been able to do it this way. I can't afford to buy one box at a time so that would have been a big problem. Hopefully I'll be able to drive to the other clinic every two weeks (pay week) and stock up on what I need and like. Thanks for your encouraging words on the outset....everything I've read on this site has been very helpful and motivated me to keep going.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Default Lindora

Here are some Lindora Products that follow (for the most part...read the ingredients) the IP structure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lindora bars & snacks.pdf (99.9 KB, 458 views)
File Type: pdf Lindora beverages puddings.pdf (116.2 KB, 227 views)
File Type: pdf Lindora Hot & Hearty.pdf (89.7 KB, 202 views)
Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #37  

Default New Life Style Diet Products

Updated to include all products. Am waiting for them to send me the ingredients for some of the products. Will update again upon receiving those.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NewLifeStyleDiet.pdf (134.4 KB, 492 views)
Old 02-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #38  

Thanks Ogdog13 I was just heading to that site to get the same information....couldn't have been better timing!!

Trish
Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #39  

Food for thought on comparing IP....

More food for thought (comparison)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Matol.pdf (584.8 KB, 346 views)
File Type: pdf Matol1.pdf (802.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf Matol2.pdf (734.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf IP Ingredients.pdf (503.1 KB, 495 views)
Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #40  

Hi, End of week 2 and I've lost 5 lbs...so total for 2 weeks on plan is 12 lbs. I hope that is good! I'm sure feeling better and my clothes are much looser arounder the waist so this is good for me!!

My question, how did using the IP cleanse help you in your weight loss and how did you feel when using it. Do you feel it made a change and helped you to lose weight better than before using it? I'm not sure why they are giving it to me, it's $54Cdn and they haven't provided much information at my clinic. I have irritable bowel syndrome and I'm worried that this may cause some problems that I really don't want...I have to be very careful as I get serious of bouts constipation and diarehea and intestinal cramps. If it is going to help me though I'm more than happy to give it a try but I don't want to spend $54 on something that could make me ill.....I guess I probably won't know unless I give it a try.

This is me venting lol.
Have a great day everyone!

Also, one thing I haven't been able to give up is my tea and coffee. I have probably 3 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee per day. In total I probably use about 1 cup of SKIM milk per day. Could this be a set back for me? After 2 weeks I've lost 12 lbs and I'm trying to cut back a little on the caffeine but it's hard and since I've given everything else up I really need to have my tea!!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 159/153/125

Height: 5'3

Question Substitute products for IP?

Has anyone substituted other food products for the IP products? Either for more variety or becuase they are less expensive? Any guidance is appreciated.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #42  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...html....follow the post from the beginning and you'll see us talk about it.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

OgDog13 - thanks for posting all the info as pdf files! I made a scan of my Phase 1 sheet but it looks terrible. Yours looks great! Also, there is a difference on my Phase 1 sheet and the one you posted. Mine says to eat Green Peppers but doesn't specify whether they should be raw or cooked. For the other colors of peppers it specifies that they must be cooked. I've been eating green peppers raw in salads! I'll ask my coach about it.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #44  

Green peppers either cooked or raw are fine. This was discussed in one of the months.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #45  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladye View Post
Has anyone substituted other food products for the IP products? Either for more variety or becuase they are less expensive? Any guidance is appreciated.
Yes, do a word search for Lindora, EAS carb advantage or matol here on the IP threads.

There has been a lot of discussion about these subjects and the posts are spread out all over.

Look for threads with the word "alternative" in them.
Closed Thread