General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #451  

Hi everyone!
Kalaya Good to see you. Oh I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I have an accumulation of old injuries so working out is quite a challenge. Hope you heal quickly.

lovemylife Well, you are just rocking your maintenance!
Was it super hard to just have one plate of food?

Munchy Oh my, that looks sooooo good I love love love BBQ. I'm still doing my strict reboot. The weight is coming off slowly, but it is going in the right direction & my clothes are fitting again . Hoping to stick with it another month & then incorporate volumetrics and your incredible recipes.

Last edited by Sundove; 03-30-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:23 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Lovemylife I wish I had the drive that I had in college. I was a BEAST with my running and lifting, and you could tell.

One cool thing is that I walked to the park last week with my daughter (about a mile) and realized that I could do the monkey bars. I couldn't do them as a fat kid! I've NEVER once done them!

I also ran the mile home

Sundove Congrats on your progress! Soon you'll be eating BBQ chicken too, lol.

Today is same old. No changes, no substantial anything, just trucking.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #453  

This weekend I ate some things that really don't agree with my stomach. I didn't go over with my calories, but just feel sluggish and kind of off from the weekend. I do it every once in a while, but I'm happy to be on track today.

Yesterday I made a turkey/zucchini chili for tonight (my daughter's favorite), and I have a great citrus kale salad for lunch. Very unlike me to have salad, but occasionally I do

How is everyone doing?
Old 04-05-2016, 08:12 AM   #454  

Hi Ladies, It's been crazy busy for me & April will be more of same. Just getting things done like all of my health maintenance appts, car maintenance. It seems like there is no end to that! And all i really want to do is go on a bird walk, . Still low carb, low cal, low energy, lol. 12 lbs to go. I will phase off the diet starting May 1 & lose the remainder even more gradually.

MunchyI like to mix it up once in a while. It feels so good to get back to the routine afterwards! I eat salad every single day. I don't know why--it's pretty boring by now, so maybe time to mix it up!

lovemylife How's it going? Are you getting any signs of spring? We'll have 90 degree day tomorrow in SF bay area.

Last edited by Sundove; 04-05-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #455  

Sundove Hopefully things will settle soon! I also have been pretty low energy and very overwhelmed with things lately. I realized that I never changed my exemptions when I got married last year and now owe a BUNCH of taxes. Sigh...

I'm battling a little cold and woke up with a little cold sore. At least I have prescription meds and caught it early enough that it's not really progressing. It's just annoying - and I had them chronically since I was 8 years old, but haven't had one in probably 8 months! The stress is also wearing me down.

I want a nap
Old 04-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #456  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

The weather in Michigan has been horrible lol. We had snow all weekend and today we are expected to get snow and rain for the next couple of days But other than that all is well. I've been eating great and also my exercise is on point. I'm just ready for Spring

Sundove on only having the 12lbs to go, that's so awesome. You sound like you have a good plan in place for maintenance. I found that slow and steady is the best and not as stressful. That was the hardest part for me is trying to incorporate off limit foods back into my eating. I think I've figured it out lol I'm jealous of your 90 degrees lol. Our temps here are in the 30's and 40's.

Munchy I'm sorry about your tax issue. I also owed this year. I just set up a payment arrangement. That's all I could really do I hope you start to feel better soon I know the feeling of being stressed and sick at the same time. Take care of yourself.

Today I'm off from work. I took a mental health day today and tomorrow. My manager was gone for over a week and I had all of his responsibilities last week, so I need a break. Then he takes this Friday off too lol. Oh well, I'm going to enjoy these two days and go back on Friday for one day and then get ready for the weekend

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by lovemylife001; 04-06-2016 at 10:39 AM.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #457  

lovemylife I went ahead and wrote a HUGE check to my state. My husband and I went through it filing separately, jointly, etc and we got it as low as we could go.

Hope you enjoyed your days off! I actually was off last Thursday and Friday. Not only was I battling a cold, but I ended up having a little bit of a tough time and needed the time to myself for my own sanity.

How are you doing, sundove? kalaya?

Lately I've been so off. I did make a shepherd's pie that is ENORMOUS for only 204 calories per serving. Same old trick of 1lb mushroom with 1lb meat on the bottom, and cauliflower/potato or just cauliflower on top. I forgot that my daughter has school vacation this week, so my husband and I have too much since she's with her dad. We don't really eat much at night (I rarely eat dinner) so it looks like some freezing will happen soon, lol.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:58 PM   #458  

Has everyone disappeared?!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:49 AM   #459  

Hi Everyone
Sorry I've been MIA. Thanks for the encouraging words!!! Life's been hectic & my brain on low carb has limited capacity to form sentences

Munchy It's a good idea for both long term and short term sanity to take those time outs. I'm sorry to hear you are having stress.The body sure lets us know! I've begun to notice that I hold my stress in my chest and my usual breathing is very constricted. Sometimes I listen to guided imagery stuff that I read about on 3FC--Belleruth Naperstek. I can post a link to a free download site from Kaiser.

Munchy I'm amazed that you don't eat dinner! I cannot imagine skipping a meal, but you've got me thinking.

lovemylife Hope you enjoyed your mental health days How's maintenance going? How is Hazel doing? Are you getting some nice weather yet? We are still waiting for it out here in CA. April has been chilly. (I know I shouldn't complain since it doesn't involve snow).

I have been catching up on health maintenance stuff and also taking a birding class, also been helping my Mom on the wknd, which entails a 4 hr round trip driving. I wish I had more free time, but then I could do a better job w time mgmt. I have another 10 lbs I'd like to get off but I will gradually begin increasing my calories, then carbs. There's only so long I can do IP.

What are you ladies doing this weekend?

Last edited by Sundove; 04-15-2016 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:52 AM   #460  

Here's the guided imagery website that Diana shared. The guided imagery is something you do when you have time to yourself and the affirmations are similar but you can do when driving. best not to drive with the guided imagery as you can get too relaxed. Either genre can accomplish the same thing.

https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org...TZxmGL2IKPpI!/
Old 04-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #461  

Sundove - yeah. We aren't a sit down dinner kind of family. I felt guilty about it before, but now I don't. It just doesn't seem to work for us!

I really appreciate the link. I'm in a funk that I just can't shake, but I'm ready to try.

Have a great day, guys!
Old 04-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #462  

Munchy Could your funk be seasonal? I get that in winter & it always is better by April. I remember you saying how much you don't like the sunny months & clothing. I hope Belleruth is jelpful. There are others too.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #463  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Afternoon Everyone It's TGIF

I've been so busy this week. I hope that everyone is doing great. The weather the last few days have been beautiful. We are suppose to get in the 70's this weekend lol

Munchy Sorry that you have been in a funk I wonder if it's because the weather is starting to break? I remember you saying that you weren't too fond of warmer weather. I hope you feel better soon.

Sundove I love affirmations and have them posted at work. I love your avatar, what's Nitro Coffee? Sounds very interesting.

I hope that you both have great weekends. I'll try to get back here this weekend.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #464  

sundove and lovemylife, you're so right on. I'm already annoyed and we've had like one day of barely 70 degree weather.

I had a few other triggers too, but I'm just dreading the next few months.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:37 AM   #465  

Munchy I get seasonal funk in the winter, and any added stress magnifies it bigtime. It's gotten more pronounced as I get older, (but that could also be I'm working more). I think I know what you mean about the dreading--it's me in the opposite season. After the solstice, I get a feeling of dread. In the fall/winter, I have a calendar of daylight that I watch to anticipate when the days start getting longer. I am considering using anti-depressants for the dark season.

I wonder if keeping a journal about it would help a little bit. Stress management is really important. I'm sorry to hear about the tax hit. I don't suppose you can amend your exemptions & then amend your tax return? I know that probably sounds like even more to do. I'm sure impressed with the way you don't eat your problems. I sure do that.

lovemylife Sounds like a good weekend coming atcha! I'll have to find some info to paste re the nitro coffee. Apparently it's a big thing these days. It's plain black coffee that's been aged (?) & comes out of a tap. They'll try anything to get us to pay 4.00 for a cup of cold, plain black coffee, lol. It had a nice creamy taste that I liked.

I've eaten more than planned for 2 straight days. All the right foods but too much. So I think it's time to phase off for a while. I'm going to try to stay in ketosis until I get into the 150s--I would have been there tomorrow without a doubt but for these mini binges.

Back later this wknd