General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #436  

Thanks Munchy! Wow that's quite a swing in your weather. I hope you feel more at ease, or get some nice winter weather back for a while. It's daylight savings this weekend. That used to make me uncomfortable, both getting up in the dark all over again, & also the longer evenings when I wasn't yet ready to end 'hibernation' mode, socially. Now I'm thankful for light at any time of day!

Don't worry lovemylife I'm not sending those wishes for you I think I'm the same way w challenges--plus I have a rebellious side that kicks in. Motivation is sure tricky both in wt loss and especially maintenance. In the end, the only thing that's kept me from regaining a huge amount is the tightness of my clothing. Even though I've chosen some 'scream weights' I won't actually do anything serious until I have to face the looming need for buying larger size.

I'm skipping WI today. Yesterday was a looooong day & I ate some night time cabbage w soy sauce & a little extra snackage. Today is my first 'official' day with IP foods. I'm having some skin & joint issues that I think are related to casein milk protein so will use some casein-free IP products for a few weeks, or as long as I can tolerate 'em.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #437  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

Munchy your weather was much like ours. Last week an snow storm and yesterday it was 71 degrees lol. I hope that the weather stays mild for now. I think all that low then high is what got me sick. However, I'm with you, I don't want too much heat just yet lol. I would like to have some nice Spring like weather in the 50's and 60's for now.

SundoveI also measure the tightness of my clothes lol. When I made goal, I donated a ton of clothing to the salvation army. I wear a size 6 now, so I saved my size 8's but donated all the higher sizes. I refuse to wear those sizes again and I know that I'm not going to go out an purchase a whole new wardrobe lol. So this kind of keeps me in check lol

Hope you all have a great day. It's raining her today, so wasn't able to do a whole lot of walking outdoors but plan to get in my 10,000 steps
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:29 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Hi folks!

My husband and I went away for the weekend and had a pretty tough hike. I ate a few things that I wouldn't normally eat, but we had a great time and it was so worth it. Now we're back to normal and back to the plan

How are you all doing?
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:10 PM   #439  

Sounds like a good wknd & welcoming in DST Munchy! Was it a special occasion ? It's good to mix it up a little with eating once in a while, & oh so nice to get back on plan.

Lovemylife How's it going?

I've picked up a little momentum with my diet. It's easier this week anyhow. I'm going to make a casserole recipe tomorrow from IP. I'll update after I make it...Turkeyburger Pizza Casserole (no cheese).
Old 03-16-2016, 11:21 PM   #440  
lovemylife001

Good Late Evening Everyone

I see everyone is doing great. I've been doing really good. I've been enjoying the weather and walking Hazel.

Munchy I'm glad that you were able to get away for a nice weekend You need that every know and then.

Sundove I'm doing really great. My eating has been decent and my exercise has been great I've always loved exercising. That's great that you have picked up some momentum with your diet, that's half the battle. Like me know about the Casserole, that sounds great. Were did you get the recipe from?

Well getting ready for bed. Have a great night
Old 03-17-2016, 09:02 AM   #441  

Happy St Pat's Day!
lovemylife
I like your doggie's name. It must be such a great feeling to build that bond & get to know each other.

I just took the casserole out of the oven. it was easy to make for this lazy cook! I can't wait to come home & eat it. I'll post the recipe this afternoon. It's from Janeva Eickhoff who has a cookbook for the Ideal Protein diet. She has a FB page where she posts a ton of great recipes for those who do not have her cookbook. Most of them involve the protein packets from IP, but I'm seeing some like this that do not. It's all low cal low carb low fat. Good demo that you can make anything you like using alternatives to sugar & fat. Kinda like Munchy's recipes.... (hint hint )

Back later!

Last edited by Sundove; 03-17-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #442  

Sundove I KNOW! I need to get my butt in gear, but I so need a plan first. Maybe I should take some good pictures of my dinner tonight - spaghetti squash with pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and chicken, and have it as the first meal on my website

The casserole sounds delicious!

We were gifted the vacation as a Christmas present from my parents, so they took the little one and we booked it to northern Maine.

This was our view from the top of the mountain we hiked!

Lovemylife I wish I loved exercising. I love the way I feel, but I loathe actually getting up to do it. It's one of those habits that I've never been able to keep for longer than a year at a time. It's time to get at it...I'm so ready!
Old 03-17-2016, 09:32 AM   #443  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone Happy St. Paddy's Day

Sundove Thanks I was going to change her name when I got her but she had already gotten so use to it from the previous owners. I got Hazel over a month ago from rescue. The owners surrendered her because they were losing their home. She's the greatest dog and so loving. She just turned one years old in January and so hyper lol. My other dog that passed was almost 13 so I was use to a senior so it's been a bit on an adjustment but great. Thanks for posting the recipe later and I'll have to check out that FB page. I love trying new recipes.

Muchy Wow a gifted vacation to Maine, how awesome was that. It looks absolutely beautiful. I bet you were exhausted after hiking that mountain. That's one thing that I haven't tried yet is hiking. That might have to go on my bucket list

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-18-2016, 09:07 AM   #444  

Sundove NOT AT ALL! I really need a kick in the butt. I feel like my husband is finally stepping into the step-parent role pretty well (it takes time) and some of my "single" mom busy time isn't so busy. This weekend I'm all alone in the house, so I should definitely cook and take pics. I do know that I'll have to build up a selection before I can go live.

I need to make that casserole! YUM - and I have like 20oz of mushrooms that are about to go bad, so that's a way to use up even more (I do 50:50 ground beef to pulsed mushroom).

Lovemylife hiking is one of the only active things that I've always loved. We have a few moderate places around me, but I don't go as often as I should. Every time I'm on vacation I try to take a hike. I also grew up camping, so we did a lot of hiking/trail walking then and later as I camped as an adult with friends.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #445  

Hi everyone!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:06 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow Munchy that's a gorgeous photo!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:34 PM   #447  
lovemylife001

Hey Everyone

It's been awhile since I posted. I hope that everyone had a great Easter. I sure did and I didn't over eat. I had one plate of food and didn't eat the whole thing. I did, however, have dessert. Now, I'm back on track. I'm going to start back doing my 500 calorie fast two days per week to get back on track.

How's everyone? How was your Easter?
Old 03-30-2016, 09:17 AM   #448  

Kalaya Thank you! I wish I was there right now. Unfortunately I would NOT be hiking because somehow I pulled my groin in the shower yesterday morning. I don't know how aggressive I am, but apparently I can hurt myself pretty well LOL

Lovemylife Great job on Easter! My parents AND my in-laws both went away for the weekend and my husband and I had such a weird uneventful Easter. My daughter ended up spending a daddy/daughter day with her dad. That morning I said, "should I make something special for dinner?" We ended up eating a frozen GF pizza from this local sustainable pizza place that is about an hour away from us. My stomach wasn't happy for two days!

I've been back in the kitchen, cooking a little more than I have been. Lately I'm doing bare minimum, but I'm getting back in my groove. I made some delicious BBQ chicken zucchini boats for dinner last night. I was still not really feeling like eating, so I took them for lunch today.

I still feel like I'm ready to kick my butt and go into the gym. I feel SO GOOD immediately after, but I just have such a hard time making it a habit. Onwards and upwards

Last edited by Munchy; 03-30-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:48 AM   #449  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

It's going to be such a beautiful day here today. and in the upper 60's. I have tons of meetings today at work, ugh lol. But other than that should be a great day.

Munchy I'm so sorry about your injury. I hope you feel better soon. Working out and getting into the gym is very rewarding. I feel so guilty if I don't work out, but it took me sometime to get to that point lol. Great job on getting back into your meal prepping. Your BBQ chicken zucchini boats sounds delicious Do you have the recipe?

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-30-2016, 10:31 AM   #450  

BBQ chicken zucchini boats:
I split and hollowed out 4 medium (approx 8oz each) zucchini. I sauteed 1/3 of a bell pepper with 3 chopped scallions. I added in 8oz of cooked chicken breast and the chopped zucchini "meat." I added in 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce and filled the zucchini boats with the mixture, then sprinkled 2oz of 2% cheese over the top. It was a quick recipe, but next time I may add a little more BBQ sauce drizzled on the top, some chopped jalapenos, and definitely a little more scallion and cilantro on the top.

This is before it was baked - I made it on Monday and baked it after work Tuesday. Baked at 375 with foil on top for about 35 mins until warmed through and zucchini were soft. I didn't even get a pic of after!

Last edited by Munchy; 03-30-2016 at 10:32 AM.