General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 231 / 230 / 140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoisfit View Post
Congrats on hitting that milestone!! We have almost as much to lose. Just think by summer we will be at goal!

As for the holidays, remember they are just a few days out of an entire year. Plan in advance. Eat salad, then meat first. And fruits. By that time you should be full. And I never tell anyone I'm dieting just eat (or pretend to eat).
Coco, I'm also keeping this to myself. Quick question: We're going to our in-laws for burgers and chips on a Milk Day. (They aren't cooks, and always have the same menu when we come). How do you handle that one?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGiBlue View Post
Coco, I'm also keeping this to myself. Quick question: We're going to our in-laws for burgers and chips on a Milk Day. (They aren't cooks, and always have the same menu when we come). How do you handle that one?
Take the milk shakes with you and make sure they have diet sodas. Or stop by and get starbucks or dunkin donuts. Do they know you're dieting? If not you can fake a tummy ache. I usually go with nausea.. no one wants to see vomit every where lol.. very unappetizing! Today I'm faking stomache virus at family dinner I'm planning on eating before I leave and having diet 7up there.

How did you do the weight goals under your username?
Old 11-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoisfit View Post
Take the milk shakes with you and make sure they have diet sodas. Or stop by and get starbucks or dunkin donuts. Do they know you're dieting? If not you can fake a tummy ache. I usually go with nausea.. no one wants to see vomit every where lol.. very unappetizing! Today I'm faking stomache virus at family dinner I'm planning on eating before I leave and having diet 7up there.

How did you do the weight goals under your username?
Coco, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who thought of faking a tummy ache! I'm going to do that...Thanks!

To enter the weight goals, click on User CP at the top left, then it's under Edit Profile, and scroll down. It's under Additional Information.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #64  

What to do about that flab around the waist?

Seriously, how many ab crunches does it take? The muscles underneath are not giving ANY definition to my abs or waist. So, while I now fit into my size 10 pants, the handles hang over the sides making it impossible to wear a form-fitting shirt.

I'm walking 2.5 hours a day, up and down hill, followed by toning exercises, but this flab won't budge. I can't say that I saw any results from taking Resveratrol either, which is supposed to target that area and improve body composition.

Does anyone have any effective solutions that aren't so painful?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #65  

Annleslie, from what I've read, that's the last area to let go of fat. Just keep up the good work, and you'll see the results. Don't give up on your exercise - you should be very proud of your accomplishments! Can't wait to get into my size 10's... Do what the celebrities do - throw on a Spanx or other shaper. Nobody's perfect!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #66  

Very true. The abs are the first and last to show fat. You're doing a great job. Just think that area was held up with fat and now it's gone! We're not taking in enough protein to put on muscle yet but the toning exercises will help to keep the skin as tight as possible until then.

I'm almost squeezing into a size 12, which to me is the beginning of "normal" sizes.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 399/303.0/190

Height: 5'6

I totally get the idea of not really revealing that you're on a diet to your family...though i've been a lot more open about it with my friends. I started out feigning a stomach ache, but now My family knows that i'm doing AW, and i've mentioned to them some of the hardships but honestly i wish i hadn't, things i've asked them, simple things like "please keep the candy/cookies/etc that my 21 year old brother eats out of sight" become "well, you need to learn" and while i agree, but believe that not seeing it is better, its just not worth the fight.

However, i definitely couldn't get through this diet without my co-workers and friends knowing. having SOME sort of support system, regardless of the fact that it isn't my family, is important for me. A handful of my best friends have asked for specifics about the diet, and being able to tell them about everything, they appreciate what i'm doing because of how strict it is, and have gone out of their way to make healthier decisions when i'm around 90% of the time, though i'd never ask them to.

AW actually helped me get my most recent job. - My employer asked me "how are you as a self motivator" and i told him on a personal level that i've lost 86lbs since graduating college, he asked me how and i told him about AW, this was RIGHT after he told me they do "pizza fridays" at the office, he joked 2 seconds later and said "hey we have salads on pizza fridays too, maybe you'll get the whole office in shape!!" and later told me after i accepted the job that he's never met anyone so motivated in his life.

I don't think i could be on this diet if i had to keep it a total secret, especially on weak days it helps having friends you can call and say " you know that crazy hard diet i'm on....well i really want chocolate right now" and having them say "suck it up girl, you know how fast you're losing!! Just wait it out, chocolate will be there in a few months"

Not saying there's anything wrong with keeping it a secret, but i think we all could use support every now and then from people closer to us than this forum. food for thought :P
Old 11-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #68  

greenlights, you ARE amazing.. the poster child for AW. I was here when you started 2 months ago, right? That's unbelievable progress.

Last night I was searching for other forums or blogs for AW. People are really black and white about this diet. Sometimes I wonder if there are no fatalities because those who get very sick just quit before it gets serious. Then I was thinking if my body is just telling me it doesn't want this anymore. There was a post by Barbara and she said they do not provide medical services. First time I thought about it. And while it makes sense since they aren't doctors, if someone goes to them with a medical condition would they really know how serious it was?

Anyway, my weight came on so quick after the accident. The other day I was putting my boots on and just felt like I was wearing layers of clothes that needed to to come off. I need to get my butt in gear and take this more seriously and be done. The longer we are on the more dangerous it is for the body.

Last edited by cocoisfit; 11-16-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #69  

Coco thanks so much, and I know, I just want to lose the weight and get back to normal but healthy eating habits. It's ridiculous how effective this diet is, but at the same time I really feel like being on it for so long can't be doing me any good. With the medication I've been on for this leg issue that I'm having, often fluctuating back-and-forth even while sticking to the diet completely is just getting really frustrating, but at the same time I feel like I can't let myself backslide now.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #70  

Someone, someday is going to have to explain to me how is it that consuming 800 calories and fully digesting it can make the scale go up a pound, but that exercising off 800 calories doesn't make it go down a pound.

???? Having a bad few days with an abnoxious plateau. I'm tempted to do MORE milk days. Getting frustrated because I'm told my walks are no longer as effective as they were in the beginning in terms of burning off calories. How many hours do I need to walk each day? Geesh!

I just want to move the scale down enough to compensate for a Thanksgiving meal this Saturday.

Last edited by Annleslie; 11-20-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #71  

Another query...why are my boobs getting smaller and my calves getting larger? My actual question is...HOW DO I STOP THIS REDISTRIBUTION FROM HAPPENING?

(Weight loss is NOT fun!)

Last edited by Annleslie; 11-26-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #72  

Annleslie, i'm trying to figure this conundrum out too! I started walking again for my commute to my new job, which requires a lot of walking and a LOT of stairs. but it isnt effecting the right areas.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #73  

I'm confused. How much kelp noodles are we allowed?
Old 11-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #74  

Kelp noodles? I thought they were free...of course, on vegetable days, only.

How's your progress, Coco?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #75  

My beads are literally embedded into my skin. I mean they actually made holes that they are sitting in. Is this normal? Dangerous? Concern for infection?
Closed Thread