General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #76  

fr1980, no, that's not normal. How long have you had this set in place? Remember, you are "gently" rotating them. If they haven't lacerated the skin, I doubt there is a health concern.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 399/303.0/190

Height: 5'6

i've had mine get "sore" from time to time but never indent my skin.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #78  

I don't notice any difference when I use the beads in terms of curbing appetite or reducing hunger. I don't use them at this point.

I'm stalled again. I lose 2 pounds after 2 milk days...gain them back on veggie days. I'm craving nuts...pistachios. When can I eat normally again?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #79  

coco, where r u? I assume everyone is busy with the holidays. I'd like to know your progress. I broke my plateau...finally, and weighed in this morning at 180. I hope to drop another 10 by January, anytime in January. No rush. My primary goal is NOT TO GAIN.

How is anyone else doing?

Someone recently told me that sauteed cabbage is so much better and tastier than boiled cabbage. I'm about to try this out and sautee some green shredded cabbage and onion in vegetable broth and Bragg's.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 230.4/213.4/130

Height: 5'4

alright, well months after getting my starter kit i actually started today. i started with milk. its 5pm right now and i already finished my milk and im working on my gallon of water. 100lbs to lose in hopefully 6 months. i'm looking forward to having somewhere to complain. i mean, get support. haha.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #81  

Hello Everyone. I've been reading the posts on here over the past several days and ordered my kit on Monday. It should be here any day and I can't wait to start losing weight. I know this is a hard time to start, but I can't stand myself anymore and need to make changes now. I have about 60 pounds to lose and plan on posting here quite a bit for help and inspiration.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate0469 View Post
Hello Everyone. I've been reading the posts on here over the past several days and ordered my kit on Monday. It should be here any day and I can't wait to start losing weight. I know this is a hard time to start, but I can't stand myself anymore and need to make changes now. I have about 60 pounds to lose and plan on posting here quite a bit for help and inspiration.
I'm just starting too. People have called me crazy and told me to wait until Jan 1st, but no way. There's ALWAYS a birthday, holiday, get together, whatever. And making excuses is just that, excuses. No way, I'm done. I want this weight gone, NOW! I'm really glad you're starting too. It'll be nice to having someone on the same time frame. I'm on day 2. (or 3? since it's 5am. but I work nights.) and my head is pounding. I didn't get enough water in. Vowing to do better with that tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #83  

Well I have my beads and will start on Monday.

Cindi - how are you doing so far?
Old 12-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #84  

Newcomers...welcome! This thread picks up and slows down periodically. You've caught us on a down...sorry.

Any questions? I'll do my best to offer recommendations. However, no matter how long anyone has been engaged with AW, there are challenges from beginning to end. I still have doubts and questions, too.

I just got a stationary bike and was wondering if anyone here knew how to get the best results without risking injury. I'm all about being efficient with minimum effort, maximum results in the shortest amount of time. Thus, why I am sticking with AW basics.

This bike is not the most comfortable piece of equipment in the world and while it's on probation with me (i.e. trial period), I'd like to see if I can get some rapid results which would help me decide if it's a keeper or not.

P.S. Exercise is not necessary on AW, supposedly, but helpful when you either hit a plateau or have to correct a cheat.

Last edited by Annleslie; 12-08-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #85  

Yes things are slow here for sure right now. I hope everyone comes back. I'm starting tomorrow and reading the past posts is what convinced me to give this a try. I'll check in every day. I feel like I'm "breaking up" with food tonight and already knowing I'll miss it. I just have to remember that I won't miss the fat and the feeling of dread I walk around with every day.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #86  

Today is one week down and I lost 17lbs. Amazing. I'm having a really hard time on veggie days and I'm honestly barely eating those days. I just hate veggies. I've tried some different recipes and veggies I've never had before with no luck. I'm just gonna keep trying I guess but that's the hard part. I have no problem with a cup of whole milk so those days are simple. How's everyone?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #87  

WOW! 17 pounds!! That is absolutely amazing. I'm on day 3 and struggling a little since this is my first milk day. I'm hungry but definitely do massage the beads enough today. I'll set a reminder on my phone to help keep better track of that.

What kind of veggies do you like Cindi? There are so many different ways to cook them. Hopefully you'll find a recipe you like.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #88  

Just checking to see who's here and how everyone's doing. Hoping to find someone to do the diet with as a group.
The AW email thing didn't work out so well for me. :-/
Old 12-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #89  

Hi, you 2! Kate, some say it's easier to control eating when you think of food as pure nutrition or fuel, rather than for pleasure or entertainment. In that regard, you'll be more apt to appreciate what you're putting into your mouth and body. It's an adjustment on mentality. Otherwise, thoughts generated by pleasurable food can be a slippery slope which made us overweight to begin with.

I hate plateaus. AW promises they won't happen, but they do. Weighing during plateaus is so psychologically frustrating. Therefore, I haven't weighed in 3 days. I'll jump on the scale, probably Monday and see if I broke my plateau.

I over-exercised today and my whole body feels like jelly. Should sleep well tonight.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #90  

I fell off the wagon this weekend and feel so bad It began with going out to dinner Friday night (wasn't too bad). Then it started snowing Saturday evening and our neighbors and closest friends decided to have a "snow party" that started at 4 until midnight last night. I live in a neighborhood that socializes and has parties every weekend and it's gonna take a ton of will-power and commitment, especially during December, to stay on track.

With that said, I'm gonna start again tomorrow and worry about next weekend when the party starts again! Come on Janaury!!!

Last edited by Kate0469; 12-15-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Closed Thread