General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #91  

Kate...don't feel badly, because your ambition will lead you to correct your path. You're doing well as long as you a) still desire to lose weight, and b) make progress. Perfection, according to AW terms, is irrelevant and mentally self-abusive. You are learning along the way what will make you lose, either a lot or less, maybe how to maintain which will be valuable when you get to transition, and that your will is too strong to give up. So, congratulations on deciding to bounce back from just a little break from AW, which is no big deal!!

If anyone read earlier posts from "Cocoisfit", she kept losing even after adding in some additional sources of protein (eggs and maybe protein shakes) which were crucial for her to remain healthy (mainly to halt hair loss) during weight loss. I, too, have an egg a day and an occasional protein shake or extra drink of milk at night time with a calcium/magnesium supplement to help my body regenerate while I'm sleeping.

Happy Winter Solstice, everyone!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 230.4/213.4/130

Height: 5'4

I screwed up too. and I'm back to old habits, just eating and not just off plan, but the worst foods I can find. I don't know what happened. It's been like 4 days of crap, but I'm determined to get my head back on tomorrow morning. I won't mind when January shows up either.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #93  

I finished by first round of beads and was very happy with the results. I've decided to make healthy choices and maintain the pounds I lost and start fresh with the next round of beads on Jan 1. I have several parties and holiday dinners to attend in the next 10 days and know I won't be able to stay on plan through all of them. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement Annleslie.

Cyndi, hang in there. We will do this!!! I won't mind January showing up either.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #94  

Well, just going to jump In here.
Figured today is a good day to get back on track.
I have lots of history with accuweight, don't feel like going into the ups and downs, but suffice to say that I've had great success on this diet.....when I follow it!!!!
I am choosing today, before the New Year to start back on program. I am going to a NYE party, but I feel confident that I can stay on plan.
Milk day 1.
SW 188
GW 150

Here's to 38 pounds GONE BY THE SUMMER!!!!!!
Totally doable!!

Jen
Old 01-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #95  

Some how, some way.... I stayed on plan for New Years!!!

Jen
Sw 188
Cw 185.6
Old 01-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #96  

Congrats Jen! I tried the diet briefly in December but fell off the wagon and decided to start after the new year. Tomorrow will be day 1 for me. Let's do this. I have about 60 pounds to lose.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #97  

Ok... Frigging a the story of my life.... Managed New Years but ate like a hog yesterday. (Sat)
So today's Sunday and I'm back on.
Milk #1
Here we go!!!!
I weigh in Wednesday and honestly, if I see any loss from the 185 I'll be ecstatic since I flubbed up yesterday.
3 days to be perfect.
Where's everyone else???
Kate, how'd your milk days go? You still on?
Jen
Old 01-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #98  

I'm actually starting today. Have some family issues to handle over the weekend and was worried the stress/emotional eating would get me so I held off. Ready to go all in! Let's do this. Being fat is like a giant plague hanging over me and I need to make it vanish.

It's a new day and a new beginning. No worries about what we ate yesterday.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #99  

True! I decided to do the same yesterday. Enjoyed some gift cards t Cheesecake Factory and decided today is start day. So far so good, I jut gotta drink more water!!!!
Jen
Old 01-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 399/303.0/190

Height: 5'6

i screwed up after thanksgiving, tried to get back on plan, then kind of floundered past christmas, but happy to say that as of yesterday i'm back on. I haven't really looked at the scale yet because i'm kind of afraid to see what i did to myself while i went off course, but i'm trying to convince myself that what matters is that i got back on the horse before it was too late.

I really wish there was an office in Brooklyn, or NYC area in general.

I hope you all did okay through the holidays, sorry for disappearing, i've been missing the support around here but was kind of ashamed to come back.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #101  

Never be ashamed! I've left and come back so many times its ridicky donk.
You're back now, that's what matters.
Milk day 2 coming to a close... Another great day!
Jen
Old 01-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #102  

I hope you ladies keep posting here. I desperately need the support too. Let's cheer each other on. I'm somewhat new to this and check in here every day.
I'm doing the long distance program so I know I have to be accountable to myself. It's a new year, what happened in December is over. Let's tackle this together.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #103  

Veggie day 1
I always struggle on veggie days.
I think becaus Ethan temptation is always there but at least with the milk I do t have to actually cook anything.... But I'm not a fan of raw veggies so I have to actually prepare something. I'm going to chuck e cheese today with my littlest guy, and planning on having the salad bar, but oh my..... Their pizza is to die for. It will be taking every single ounce if my will power to not eat crust, a blob of cheese or a sliver of ANY. I actually have been repeating a little mantra every time I am staring a cheat in the face. I say, I AM STRONGER THAN FOOD. Sounds weird but in mind it's almost like a challenge that ill be damned if I lose!!!
I weighed today and eh..... It looks good from Mondays weigh in but not from last weeks. Oh well.
SW 188.0
CW 185.8

Slow, but progress. I have to keep thinking that the weight I lose here in 2 or 3 days is what people lose in a weeks time on other diets.... So it IS worth it.

Annleslie.... Where ya been?

Jen
Old 01-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #104  

So how did everyone do today? I just finished a milk day and honestly I'm so hungry and can barely stand it. I didn't drink enough water today so maybe that's the problem. Another milk day tomorrow and I'm looking forward to fruits and veggies on Saturday
Old 01-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #105  

OMG is it normal to be so hungry? My stomach is constantly growling and I'm starving. I just started on Monday and today is my 2nd milk day. I'm going to do my best to tolerate the hunger and not give in. I've gotta remember that I can tolerate this discomfort and break my food addiction. Does it get easier?
Closed Thread