General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #16  

I'm just checking in to say that my stomach is very sick still. I feel like vomiting, but trying not to.

AW has totally messed up my digestion.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annleslie View Post
I'm just checking in to say that my stomach is very sick still. I feel like vomiting, but trying not to.

AW has totally messed up my digestion.
This is scary. You should email Barbara since your counselor isn't helping.

Are you still following the plan? Switch to lactose free milk and cut down on artificial stuff. I've cheated and it's tough getting back but never this bad.

Adding whey protein and the boiled egg haven't slowed down my weight loss, i think it's actually helping.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #18  

You're just eating a hardboiled egg, plain? I will try that.

I assume lactose-free milk is still whole milk. I think I will take that suggestion. Thanks.

I always thought of indigestion as a lack of stomach acid, therefore an inability to process consumed food. However, I have tons of acid which is still not breaking down my food, so it just sits while I ache.

I keep wanting a carb, like potatoes, pasta or cereal. They sound soothing to me, but I know not good for weight loss.

Nice to know you're still around, coco!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #19  

Quote:
You're just eating a hardboiled egg, plain? I will try that.

I assume lactose-free milk is still whole milk. I think I will take that suggestion. Thanks.

I always thought of indigestion as a lack of stomach acid, therefore an inability to process consumed food. However, I have tons of acid which is still not breaking down my food, so it just sits while I ache.

I keep wanting a carb, like potatoes, pasta or cereal. They sound soothing to me, but I know not good for weight loss.

Nice to know you're still around, coco!
The egg plain with salt and pepper.. sometimes i throw spices on it. I try to have it early, around noon. Whole milk Lactaid is actually a better option than regular milk much creamier..makes better shakes.

Are you back on track?

Yesterday was odd because my hair shed alot again, and so are my lashes! I only have these and 2 bead sets left if it doesn't stop i will have to move on.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7''

I can't believe how strong you guys are.. I mean I would have given up along time go with all of these side effects. I'm really experiencing any of these side effects that you guys are ( I soo sorry that you are btw) and I'm still having a hard time sticking to it especially during milk days. I also had a long stretch of holiday and family events that have put me out of the diet guidelines. the good news is that I haven't gained anything I lost but haven't lost in a couple of weeks... I'm going back on tomorrow with a veggie day and hopefully I can stick to it long enough to see some more loss
Old 10-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #21  

Hi, Shams. Glad you're checking in. My best to you!

I went almost a week without vomiting, then had an incident this morning following a Milk Day. I can't believe I am vomiting curdled milk. (Sorry for the potential graphic.) I hardly slept last night due to stomach distress and had to purge to relieve terrible heartburn.

I am down 5 lbs. since that 9 lb. gain. I'm just relieved it hasn't been worse.

Omg, coco, on your hair AND lashes. That's just insane! I thought you were going back to Cohen's anyway...or AW transition? Oh, I feel for you, especially since I thought the egg would help. It's not worth going bald, huh? And, I hesitate to believe that once you transition away from AW, your hair thickness and texture will just return to the way it was.

I'm just going to ask once more, "How can they, with a clear conscience, say this is healthy?"

I'm still doing my walks (stroller pushing), despite an injured hamstring, some knee pain and an unusual pain in my right latissimus dorsi, undoubtedly from going uphill with this stroller which is 29 lbs. with a 43 lb. child.

Sorry I've been absent for almost a week, but being constantly sick is no fun at all.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #22  

Glad you're losing again. Did you switch to lactose free milk?

Their thinking might be being overweight is less healthy than eating 500 calories a day. Let's be honest ANYONE on a starvation diet will lose weight. AW uses the 500 for the healthiest food possible, giving the body the bare necessary nutrients.

I've been doing the 2-2 rotation but adding whey protein on milk days and chicken/fish on veggie days. The weight loss hasn't changed, still losing consistently, but that is most likely due to the elliptical and more cardio in general to burn off the extra 200. They say this isn't a metabolic diet but logically how can it not be? Weight loss is all simple math... calories in/calories out. I still have 2 other bead sets besides this one so will see what happens when they're done.

Hello Shams! Welcome! How are you doing back?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #23  

Height: 5'7''

Ann- I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick. You think maybe you should take break from AW and just replenish your body with water and maybe gatorade!? you seem dehydrated and that sometimes slows down loss! plus weigh loss isn't worth it if you body is shutting down.

Coco! I'm doing great so far!... down 1 lb since I've been back .. not much but Ill take it.. I went back on with a milk day and today is milk day 2 hopefully I make it to the end of day without being tempted to taste anything I'm making for my kids and husband for dinner.

good luck to all!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #24  

I am back down...just to where I was. Haven't done lactose free yet because it's even more expensive than organic whole. I'm only having 1/4 c. milk at a time, on an empty stomach to give it a chance to be absorbed.

I just finished 2 modified Milk Days by adding in an egg each day and some ground flaxseed. I've stopped all Rx meds my doctor happily prescribed after researching them online and believing the risks outweighed the benefits.

I'm planning to add in some nuts on these next two Veggie Days. I'm not paying attention to the Noon to 6 rule at the moment, because that was one aspect that caused me so much stress..."It's 5 o'clock. Got to eat, quick!" Now, I eat something small (milk, egg, nuts, veggies/fruit) when real hunger sets in, instead of suffering through deprivation until the specified window of time.

Speaking of breaking rules, I am also having just a tablespoon of vinegar with my egg, and cayenne pepper and "No Salt". I will definitely report to you whether the vinegar hinders weight loss noticeably or not.

I think the important thing is that although I have made all of these modifications, I am still consuming the Milk and Veggies for the core value of the program.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #25  

As of my weigh-in this morning after my modified Milk Days, I am back down to where I was a couple of weeks ago when I went off AW for a few social events.

Hungry or sick? Take your pick.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #26  

Walmart has lactose free whole milk for $3, the Great Value brand. So glad you're off RX.. DRs get perks for prescribing all those meds while turning us into junkies. Very interesting how the modifications worked out for you!!! My loss has slowed a bit but at least i have energy to move around and not sure if it would have slowed ... either way i'm sticking with the extra protein and egg.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #27  

For your hair issues, I absolutely agree with you on keeping your sources of protein.

Exactly...on the meds. Too many side effects.

Today, I sauteed an onion, a bunch of celery and cashew pieces in just a bit of vegetable broth. It was good, wholesome and I didn't miss any of the other junk Chinese restaurants use in their Cashew Chicken.

Uhm...I'd just like to share with the group...those of you that are still here...that as a single woman, my primary motivation was love and all the great stuff that comes with it. Well, I am officially in "Onederland" (under 200) and finally felt comfortable meeting someone and dating. So...last night he gave me 3 hickies, LOL! We are both middle-aged, but I feel like I'm 21, again! It's certainly motivation to keep going.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #28  

Quote:
For your hair issues, I absolutely agree with you on keeping your sources of protein.

Exactly...on the meds. Too many side effects.

Today, I sauteed an onion, a bunch of celery and cashew pieces in just a bit of vegetable broth. It was good, wholesome and I didn't miss any of the other junk Chinese restaurants use in their Cashew Chicken.

Uhm...I'd just like to share with the group...those of you that are still here...that as a single woman, my primary motivation was love and all the great stuff that comes with it. Well, I am officially in "Onederland" (under 200) and finally felt comfortable meeting someone and dating. So...last night he gave me 3 hickies, LOL! We are both middle-aged, but I feel like I'm 21, again! It's certainly motivation to keep going.
Awww Now I know where you get your motivation from!!!

Good to hear things are turning around with your modified AW. Whatever it takes.. sometimes i wonder if they need to be so drastic with this diet. But it's true what you said that the lbs drop quickly when we jump back on the plan. I'm already down 3lbs since yesterday.

Been doing the elliptical every day now with no (additional) hunger so started jilian michaels 30 day shred to begin toning. Today was the 2nd day and already cramping! amazing what she squeezes into 20 minutes.

Last edited by cocoisfit; 10-22-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #29  

Your fitness level is above mine, for sure. I am a wimp who hates exercising, sweating and breathing hard!

The way you've inspired me, coco, is competitively. I know that's not the objective here, but when you told me how successful you've been both in the past and currently, I felt the challenge.

But, does it have to be so slow? Even AW isn't as fast and rewarding as I'd like it to be, definitely not compared to the efforts.

Don't your feet go numb on the Elliptical? Mine do. Isn't it amazing how when you change your workout, even slightly, your body responds with soreness due to the focus on different parts and muscles? I'm sure Jillian Michaels is an a** kicker, but I don't have anything of hers. I have Leslie Sansone...a multitude of her Walking DVDs. Pretty mundane, now that I think about it. I actually prefer my nightly walks, Stroller Pushing. The neighborhood residents don't though, because their dogs bark when I go by, and by...and by, around the block.

The hickie guy is a loser. He just went from Prince Charming during the conquest phase to Macho Dude once he felt he had me where he wanted me. I hate that about men. So, while I was dwelling over him getting coffee at a gas station 150 miles in his direction, I thought, "What am I doing? He's not worth it." Just then, I noticed a guy standing next to me chronically stirring his coffee, adding just a tad more creamer and stirring some more. Finally, he asked how I was doing. I replied that I was on my way to such and such place but changed my mind and am turning around to go home. He looked bewildered and I remarked, "He's not worth it." He said, "Oh! It's one of those."

I went outside, put my coffee in my car and pumped my gas and just at the moment when I was getting back into my car to head home, the coffee guy ran up to me and handed me his number asking me to text him since he worked Graveyard as a truck driver. 90 miles later, I entered Service Area and texted. I asked his age. He asked me to guess. I said, "Younger. Early to mid-20s." He said, "You're good. I'm 26." My jaw dropped. He asked if I was 29, lol. (So transparent.) I called and left him a voicemail telling him that I was nearly 20 years older. He responded, "Dang, you're fine and hott (two "Ts"?) and asked if I minded the age difference. How could I? I was flattered. No sparks, no love, just intrigue.

One more story...I took my little one to the pediatric dentist yesterday for a 6-month check-up. No cavities! The moment I checked in for our appointment at the desk, one of the receptionists told me I looked great and said, "You've lost a lot of weight." I didn't mention AW, honestly because I felt a responsibility NOT TO (if that makes any sense) and it would have taken too long to explain. As I walked away from the desk to sit in the lobby, another receptionist said, "Wow! You're right. She has." THAT felt pretty good, I tell you. After we sat in the lobby waiting for the dental assistant, the first receptionist walked out from behind the glass enclosed desk and approached me to remark again about how "fabulous" I look.

FINALLY!!! Someone noticed. Those two instances, at the dentist and the gas station, gave me the encouragement I need to maintain and be consistent with the various aspects of MY weight loss program. We still have a long way to go, coco. Someone who reached "Goal!" here on 3FC said, "It's never over. If you fail, it is only temporary. Success is permanent because you never give up. Start over or resume and you will make it 3 steps forward for every step backward."

I'm so glad you're still here, coco!

Last edited by Annleslie; 10-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #30  

Good heavens! I just saw the 30 Day Shred on YouTube. I particpated seldomly and just watched mostly. Lol,

Yeah, I prefer my own pace, otherwise I feel insignificant and weak. Can't even keep up with modified Anita.
Closed Thread