General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Oh, the other thing I do (did) was only use the handicap stall at the bathroom. Has anyone else noticed that bathroom stalls are getting smaller and smaller and smaller? what the heck is up with that?!?!?
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

- Worry about eating in public
- Worry about meeting new people
- Worry about trying on clothes at popular/trendy stores with loads of skinny customers

Last edited by summerlove; 04-03-2012 at 05:43 PM.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

One thing I used get sometimes and already don't have to worry about now is people looking at me and then looking in my cart and judging me based on what I'm buying at the grocery. I buy healthy stuff. AND, how rude is that anyway?!

Same thing about being in a restaurant or social gathering and worrying about what or how much you are putting on your plate.

I have avoided some events reunions, weddings, holiday parties, too. Some because I didn't want to see some of those people and others because of the thought of finding a dress, the buffet or eating, the dance floor, etc.

Last edited by mariposssa; 04-03-2012 at 05:56 PM.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #34  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique View Post
Oh, the other thing I do (did) was only use the handicap stall at the bathroom. Has anyone else noticed that bathroom stalls are getting smaller and smaller and smaller? what the heck is up with that?!?!?
I only use the HP stalls too.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #35  

Whenever I sit on the couch at someone's house I always grab a throw pillow and casually hold it on my lap like I'm just lounging but really I'm hiding how bad my stomach looks when I sit!!! And I'm not far from my goal weight but that region still doesn't look good and I can feel it jiggle as I walk.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #36  
Dancing my way down

S/C/G: 160/140/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
Whenever I sit on the couch at someone's house I always grab a throw pillow and casually hold it on my lap like I'm just lounging but really I'm hiding how bad my stomach looks when I sit!!! And I'm not far from my goal weight but that region still doesn't look good and I can feel it jiggle as I walk.
^I do that all the time.

It seems that no matter how much I lose, my stomach pouch is always mockingly laughing at me... pillow cover-up is my savior!
VenomousPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/156/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I used to have to buy several pairs of the same pants if I really liked them. My thighs would rub together and I would wear out the thighs on the pants

I still have some unworn pairs.
I have the same problem! It sucks big time only takes like 3-4 months to do
Mrshonopolist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #38  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

Dress badly. When I gain weight, I tend to wear baggier and more unappealing clothes. I'm working on this by maintaining and updating my wardrobe to remove too-big clothes; that pressures me to either lose or maintain but not gain.

Wear my hair longer. It hides my neck fat. But, long hair annoys me, so I wear it clipped back and that's just hideous. I'm working on this and deliberately styling my hair every day.

Wear ugly shoes. It feels painful to wear high heels when you're carrying extra weight. I"m working on this, though, and now wear heels every day. It's a reality check and reminder for me.

Last edited by neon_zephyr; 04-06-2012 at 01:45 AM.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

-Hiding how wide my legs are with my purse or something when I'm on the bus (I have short legs, to make the problem even worse.)
-Day dreaming about the possibilities of clothes that I could wear if I was slimmer.
-Being afraid to bust a wheel on a bike.
-Feeling uncomfortable if I'm the biggest person in the room. (I go to a school full of athletic people that are fit. Rarely do I see a fat person galloping around campus.)
-One thing I really hate is that when I wear shorts and walk around, they start rising up in my inner thighs and I'd have to pull that out every once in a while. Tired of my thighs rubbing together!

Several years ago when I went back to my country, some friends and I would go around the city riding our rented bikes. Thing is, it was a two-person bike and I ended up with this skinny guy in front of me. As we were riding around, the medal bar kinda busted along with the wheel in the back (where I was sitting) and we had to come to a full stop. How embarrassing that was!

Last edited by Bloopers; 04-06-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: grammar
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #40  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

-getting angry when I try to find business casual clothes at my usual clothing store that has 3/4 of the store dedicated to normal sizes and the other 1/4 dedicated to a Shorty array of normal sizes.
-feeling different than everyone else
-feelingwhat self conscious about the way I look while riding my bike, swimming, or just existing for that matter
-examiningif chairs, spaces etc to make sure I will fit before I try.. having to take a different route between cars in parking lots is embarrassing
-plenty of other things that I will list later!

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 04-06-2012 at 03:03 AM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

I used to pull my pants up to/over my belly button to hide any stomach fat. I still do sometimes, but my stomach fat is one of the first things to go and it's almost gone. (Hallelujah!)

I used to hate walking places with friends. Don't get me wrong, I loved my friends, and I love walking around the city, but I hated either A) being far behind or B) being out of breath. I felt like being out of breath was gross. I used to try my best to breathe quietly, and still maintain conversation. A lot of the time I would catch my nostrils flaring because they needed to take in more oxygen, and I was killing myself trying not to do that. It was sad, because I could hardly even enjoy myself. Now I can walk side-by-side with my friends without a thought. It feels GOOD.

I remember for pictures, I was always trying to position my face in a way that would flatter my neck. Sometimes my head would look VERY stupid flopping around for pictures. I was the most self conscious about my face/neck weight. If I looked fat up there, I was unbearably fat everywhere else. I always envied the fat girls with the slim faces. That is NOT me. Now I just let the photographer point and shoot- I'm always curious to see how I look just naturally. I never look that bad. It hasn't quite sunk in, haha.

When I used to take the bus, I used to be worried about being the 'fat girl who took all the room' so I would squish myself together as much as I could and would therefore be extremely uncomfortable the whole ride. Now I just walk to class, and thank heavens lol.

I was obviously a pretty insecure kid.
RicecakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #42  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Trying not to bend over in public because I am afraid that the muffin top being sucked in by my jeans will be let loose for everyone to see!

Standing awkwardly thinking everyone is staring at your fat if you ever have to stand in a public place.

I can't wait to lose the last of this dang weight!!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #43  

when i was bigger i always tried to find clothes to hide my body, now i always make sure they are tight and shoe off my body!
HERMIONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #44  
I am worth it!

S/C/G: 258/240.8/170

Height: 5'05"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post

My husband has tried to be helpful with my clothes shopping in the past, but has learned to just let me wander off in the store on my own. I hate being such a grouch about it, but even after explaining multiple times he still doesn't seem to understand the segregation going on. For example, I'll be marching toward the plus sizes, and he'll keep stopping to point out cute things hanging on the racks that he thinks would look good on me. But none of those things he points out will ever fit me. I tell him we're in the wrong section, that the sizes don't go high enough, and he'll ask me why we're even there then. And I point out that we have to walk through the "normal" stuff in order to get to the "crappy" stuff, and then he just tells me I'm being grouchy. I had a similar issue early on in our relationship the first few times we went to a mall. He'd want to take me into all the stores, but it's pretty pointless and even upsetting when you know that 90% of the stores refuse to cater to your size.
Oh my God I know exactly how this feels!!! I haven't been to the mall in 3 years because last time I went, I realized only one store (Torrid) had size 20's. And the worst part was the clothes are SO overpriced!!!!!
MosesMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #45  
Just watch me ...

I will be so happy to have a flat toned middle. When that will happen....? But I'm feeling silly wearing a longer layer under my top when I practice yoga or pilates in fear of some softness peaking out
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote